Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default No respect??

Whats with people today.. The last few days ive had a few run ins with people on the road / around the place.

Yesturday i had some fool cut me off then abuse me while in bumper to bumper traffic on the m1.. I ignored him then he started taking photos of me (must have been full of drugs).

Then tonight I decided to take the pursuit for a run, went into the city (doing the speed limit etc) then go to fuel up.. Thats fine filled the car up with fuel and im waiting to pay when this Hyundai drives in, stops next to my ute (I thought the passenger was going to get out and hit my door). Driver then goes the wrong way in the fuel station and is now in the way of the traffic, one guy in a skyline tells him to get out of the road which he replys with a 'get f'ed', he then moves and the skyline goes past him at full tilt.

The then parks infront of my car as im ready to take off and proceeds to get out of the car, i had someone behind me waiting for my pump so i pressed the horn, whats he do, gives me the finger and tells me to f off while he goes and talks to his other mate fueling up... he then gets in the car, gives me the 2 ups and decides to do a burnout...

Whats wrong with people today?? Seriously this country is starting to dissapoint me, its about time the law started to step on some of these s..

2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's what happen when parents dont beat kids. They grow up thinking they're indestructible. (.... 'till they get hit).
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate that at the petrol pumps - most have signs saying do not enter from one direction. Usually the person who goes in the wrong way blocks the person about to leave, which holds everyone waiting for pumps in that line. Same with people who park the wrong way because they don't want to wait for a pump that is on the same side as their filler.
It's not hard, wait in one line, and as the 2 cars at the pumps leave in 1 direction, another 2 pull in. There is a little waiting when the rear pump is occupied but the front free, but not as bad as the wrong way.
It comes down to people who are incapable of thinking about the effects of their actions on others, or is that they are incapable of thinking full stop?
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Pathetic, had a similar situation while we were going to fill up the SS. Bloke in a AU II XR8 pulled up right infront of us and got out and walked over to get a New gas can. Dad ask pretty politely if he could move it, in which he replied with, "Right'o ya old C***". This did not go down well with my old man, and i was surprised he didnt drop the cheeky little bastard, as he is only 46, hardly that old. Was a pretty animated drive home to say the least.
Old 19-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Too be honest i didnt know what to do, im not a violent person (im pretty soft actually), i was more worried about him doing something to my car, eg throwing something at it or something.... its pretty bad when your scared to go buy petrol..

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 19-07-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 19-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Mate, we are becoming a society full of horrible selfish people that cares not a jot for our fellow person. Very sad.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
OJ_Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah its a shocker these days.

Just last night i stopped in at a video store to get a video, Im getting out of my car
and this little punk and his scaly mates walks past a wheely bin and being a smart ...
knocked the already broken lid out into the car park. I looked around and there is at least 10 other people watching and not saying anything.
So I called out to him and after asking him why he would do something like that and
getting a smart reply, I told him to shut it and go pick the damn thing up.
Well he looked at his mates, and then went and did it. His mates were glaring at me, so I told them that they should know better and to stop acting like tools.

So I come out of the video store after about 10 minutes, and the bin lid is sitting on the back of my ute... I saw red. I wanted to grab that punk and his scaly mates and backhand em across the chops, but they were long gone by then.

The blatant disregard for people and property by these oxygen thieves defies explanation I reckon. They need a good kick up the date.

MMR Built short motor, all the good gear.
Kenne Bell 2.6 intercooled kit from BPR
Tuned by Xtreme Ford Tuning - 400rwkw
Build thread here
OJ_Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #8
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

I was at EB (Essential Baby forums -parenting forum) the other day, at what they call the 'Venting Board', an OP, female - highlighted much the same observations, in both driving, in shopping centres and in general.

Her view was mirrored by many and it expanded to 'would you help a child crying - who looked lost in a shopping centre'.

Some said they would talk the the kid to see if he or she was lost, to help - that sort of thing.

But owing some feedback, some parents said they'd tell helpers to go and get f'ed. So as a result, many folk say they simply ignore kids who are lost in shopping centres - for fear of upsetting rude parents who might be nearby, but are ignoring, for a reason or not, their kid/s. Others simply don't want to be assaulted in any form if their actions are misconstrued.

My view in totality, is that society in Australia is turning particularly nasty. Its what happens when we see what was a great country in many respects lose its 'quality of life', where minorities hold sway, where GovCo's ignore the will of the majority in many respects, and pander to the lowest common denominator of society.

Where a PM suggest 300,00k migrants per year - whatever the issue - people are rightly, in most of it, pee'd off.

Insofar 'driving'; it is one of the easiest ways people can 'get back' at what they perceive to be societies fault, sometimes in apathy - perhaps it is.

As I've said here before, bad driving is a national pastime in my view, because I know when we see a marked HWP, suddenly that right lane hogger is back into the left, the indicators suddenly work again and whatnot, and because people here in AUS always 'play games' on the road and some happily admit to it. Its a sign or boredom perhaps - a too low speed-limit thing:-)

Meh, and so it goes.

To see an example of anger, see this thread;-
http://www.keepntlimitfree.org/Forum...s/Default.aspx
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 19-07-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep, it's bad everywhere, the biggest thing that annoys me is people who feel the need to take up the whole road on carparks. they can't stay far enough on their side of the road for 2 cars to go past each other. and the people who think they own the road and they're the only ones on it. especially on freeways, the sit in the right lane doing less than the speed limit, and then give you the finger or dirty looks when you sit right behind them...or cut you off and then abuse you, makes me mad
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #10
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
That's what happen when parents dont hit their kids.
Quote of the Year.
i agree 100%.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 10:18 PM   #11
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you drove a Hyundai wouldn't you be angry at the world too.
Old 19-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
Sonik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
yep, it's bad everywhere, the biggest thing that annoys me is people who feel the need to take up the whole road on carparks. they can't stay far enough on their side of the road for 2 cars to go past each other. and the people who think they own the road and they're the only ones on it. especially on freeways, the sit in the right lane doing less than the speed limit, and then give you the finger or dirty looks when you sit right behind them...or cut you off and then abuse you, makes me mad

I hate it when you leave enough room for a car to get past while you wait for a spot, then the ignorant shits sit behind you beeping the horn and giving filthy looks and fingers, then eventually flooring it around me.
Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This guy would have been 35 to 40 years old to, i forgot to mention..
Old 19-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #14
rodderz

When I was new at secondary school you didnt dare be a smarty to the big kids- you'de get your head smashed in, and if you mucked up at home the old man would wrap his mocco or belt round me bum, it taught me discipline and respect for others

These days some of these youngin's tell them to get stuffed, up goes the finger and they get 10 mates to help them damage something!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #15
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sitting in Hong Kong, on the way back from Euro land and reflecting on different driving styles (with free wi fi to share these thoughts).

While I had a great time on holiday and am not looking forward to coming back (crap holiday otherwise), I am really not looking forward to driving in Australia again. Seriously, give me the Amalfi coast in summertime with scooters coming at me in my lane. Why? because there is NO road rage. Everyone respects each other and can generally anticipate what people will, and need to do, and then LET THEM do it. There really are no other rules than this. Despite it being a bit hair raising sharing your lane with huge buses and oncoming scooters, I never had any real issues, and certainly never any aggro. Some intersections are completely uncontrolled, but in heavy traffic everyone just takes their turn.

Euro roads are really not any better than ours, so what the hell are Aussie's problem on the roads? We really seem to just be convicts after all!

PS. There was a BIT of road rage in Paris and London, but nothing on Sydney, and mainly just between cab drivers.
Old 19-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #16
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
If you drove a Hyundai wouldn't you be angry at the world too.

So Hyundai's are Emo Cars?
Old 19-07-2008, 11:48 PM   #17
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had an elderly man and his wife pull into the pump facing the the opposite way to me when I'd been already waiting 5+ minutes for pump access. The servo was bi-driectional. It's not just the young, it's just some people are ignorant. I wandered over to the man and said I'd been waiting here much longer than him (he'd waited 30seconds at the most) and would expect I had right of way. Then informed him elderly people like him are why young people don't respect their elders. He didn't had much to say. Probably thought I'd get violent?

I pulled my car up on an angle in front of him and proceeded to fuel up. Even the servo op had a few words call the driver.

I'm on the road every day (12hrs min per day), I get to see a few amusing things that leave me in disbelief of what I'd just witnessed.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2008, 12:00 AM   #18
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I'm on the road every day (12hrs min per day), I get to see a few amusing things that leave me in disbelief of what I'd just witnessed.

Ahh the life of a truck stop hooker. never a dull moment ay? :P

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2008, 12:25 AM   #19
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Ahh the life of a truck stop hooker. never a dull moment ay? :P
rofl. Prob make more $ doing that? :P

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #20
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Never really had to put up with it before, unless its some idiot talking to me over the phone. It wouldn't really bother me if they did, I'd just laugh or punch them right in the sniffer, even if they're bigger, it'd still feel good regardless of what happens afterwards. I hate rude people, if they're right its not so bad, just when they're rude for the sake of it.

Also, not living in Sydney or any immediate surrounding areas helps :
Old 20-07-2008, 12:38 AM   #21
Sonik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
Never really had to put up with it before, unless its some idiot talking to me over the phone. It wouldn't really bother me if they did, I'd just laugh or punch them right in the sniffer, even if they're bigger, it'd still feel good regardless of what happens afterwards. I hate rude people, if they're right its not so bad, just when they're rude for the sake of it.

Also, not living in Sydney or any immediate surrounding areas helps :
Haha don't be so sure.. Local maccas, bad suberb, pulled out infront of a guy while reversing from a spot (so what, I reversed out before he was in the carpark) Decided he couldn't wait 1 second and he did a burnout and followed us for a couple of k's at totally unsafe speeds.
Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #22
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Haha don't be so sure.. Local maccas, bad suberb, pulled out infront of a guy while reversing from a spot (so what, I reversed out before he was in the carpark) Decided he couldn't wait 1 second and he did a burnout and followed us for a couple of k's at totally unsafe speeds.
Yeh, those Sydney siders tend to venture further north / south every now and then, being rude to eachother must get boring after a while. Have watch out for 'em!
Old 20-07-2008, 03:06 AM   #23
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Whats with people today.. The last few days ive had a few run ins with people on the road / around the place.

Yesturday i had some fool cut me off then abuse me while in bumper to bumper traffic on the m1.. I ignored him then he started taking photos of me (must have been full of drugs).

Then tonight I decided to take the pursuit for a run, went into the city (doing the speed limit etc) then go to fuel up.. Thats fine filled the car up with fuel and im waiting to pay when this Hyundai drives in, stops next to my ute (I thought the passenger was going to get out and hit my door). Driver then goes the wrong way in the fuel station and is now in the way of the traffic, one guy in a skyline tells him to get out of the road which he replys with a 'get f'ed', he then moves and the skyline goes past him at full tilt.

The then parks infront of my car as im ready to take off and proceeds to get out of the car, i had someone behind me waiting for my pump so i pressed the horn, whats he do, gives me the finger and tells me to f off while he goes and talks to his other mate fueling up... he then gets in the car, gives me the 2 ups and decides to do a burnout...

Whats wrong with people today?? Seriously this country is starting to dissapoint me, its about time the law started to step on some of these s..

Yes I'm a part of this generation.

Most the people I know my age have no respect or honour whatsoever.
Old 20-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #24
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I could fill a book with the amount of inconsiderate, stupid, dumb, retarded, idiotic, rude, aggressive, d**khole things I've seen people do. In fact I see stupid people doing stupid things (not just on the road) every day. I live in inner Brisbane and while I enjoy the proximity to everything, it must be said that a) the people around here cannot drive (or don't want to drive properly), b) the people around here are selfish and c) I hate the people around here and wish they'd all get buggered.

In summary: People are s...!!
Old 20-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #25
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I could fill a book with the amount of inconsiderate, stupid, dumb, retarded, idiotic, rude, aggressive, d**khole things I've seen people do. In fact I see stupid people doing stupid things (not just on the road) every day. I live in inner Brisbane and while I enjoy the proximity to everything, it must be said that a) the people around here cannot drive (or don't want to drive properly), b) the people around here are selfish and c) I hate the people around here and wish they'd all get buggered.

In summary: People are s...!!
The thing is is everyone thinks like that, it makes you one of them. Thats the mentality they probably all have.
Old 20-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #26
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:

You really should think twice about wearing Hawaiin shirts. _2:
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm i had a brisbane lions shirt on, maybe that caused it lol.
Old 20-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #28
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I had a pretty bad situation. Guy cut me off, forcing me to slam on the skids merging into one lane, decided he could boot it and get by me. Anyway I beeped at him to which he stuck his finger up and flicked his ciggarete right into the air, which proceeded to land on my arm. Now I was ****ed, as if being abused by the person in the wrong wasn't bad enough he burnt me (literally) so I follow him (my car much more powerfull than his) and when he finally stops I hopped out saying "why would you ****ing do that?" to which I promptly got back in my car and sped off as he came running at me with a machette. I was about 18 at the time and it was scay to say the least.

Just today I am waiting to use the car wash bay as all 3 were in use, a guy comes through the wrong way and expected me to move my car so he could get out of the complex. I sat there not budging and in the end I moved, revving my engine hard to let him know I wasn't impressed, to which I got the finger and "finally you C***"
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #29
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
The thing is is everyone thinks like that, it makes you one of them. Thats the mentality they probably all have.
I fail to see how that 'makes' me one of them. I think they're a bunch of useless scum who don't care about anyone else. I'm the kind of person who does consider people before doing things... unlike my fellow residents who will happily park 1m from a blind corner or park their cars directly opposite each other in a narrow street leaving not even enough room for a corolla to go through.

Or perhaps the same people who have a sook when I cut some wood up in the early evening but will happily annoy the hell out of everyone else at 6 am on sunday with a bloody leaf blower.

Just because I think everyone in this suburb is an inconsiderate doesn't mean I am one...

Quote:
hmm i had a brisbane lions shirt on, maybe that caused it lol.
LOL one day the Lions lost and I was in town wearing a lions spray jacket.... and a passing car slowed down and pointed and laughed
Old 21-07-2008, 07:03 AM   #30
V8 EF Fairmont

What's also pretty concerning is the fact that I'm raising two little girls to have respect, and how are they going to get treated by all those who don't have respect? It scares the crap out of me to think what society is going to be like when they're teenagers.
V8 EF Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post