Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Horror High Speed Crash fatality...

160 in a 60 zone :
Anyone who knows the area and the strip of shops can only imagine how dangerous this would have been:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...79-661,00.html

Old 14-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
SVTVNM
Guzzler

That's insane, how no other vehicles were invloved would have been pure fate, even at that time in the morning. Lived on Centre road in East Benteigh for a couple of years.
Old 14-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Knowing the area, it certainly is unbelievable, where he was first done is not AS bad, no shops, more lanes etc. But then he kept going, was he scared of losing his car? Is that what the punishment would be? What did it used to be? Although this used to happen before the car confiscation laws came in anyway.
Old 14-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
kocho
The Futuriser

I live in the area and going at that speed is unimaginable at any time of the day to be driving that fast. Heard a chopper flying around this morning and the part of the road where the accident is has been closed off. It's a 60 zone but rarely do you even get to 60...

Centre Road (especially in Bentleigh and East Bentleigh) has been packed ever since they changed the lights at Jasper + Centre Roads. This is for good reason though as that intersection was very dangerous.

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
Old 14-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Disgusting...... I really feel for the family. A complete waste of a life and totally avoidable. Very luck nobody else was killed or seriously injured. It makes me wonder when people will learn.....
Old 14-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Police abandoned their pursuit of the driver moments before the driver lost control of the Holden Commodore and ploughed into a group of shops in Centre Rd, Bentleigh.
Lucky they did it just before, they have a tallent of abandoning high speed chases moments prior to fatality. Increadible skill..

Quote:
Acting Insp Kirk said police first spotted the car in Centre Rd, Clayton South were it was initially clocked travelling at more than 160km/h in a 60km/h zone.
This morning it was 150 in 50 zone, now 160 in 60.. Still dangerous!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 14-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
ltd
Force Fed Fords

My thoughts go out to the policemen, I'm sure they would rather have not had to witness this, or get involved.
They would have acted to prevent people getting killed and in this case, the driver suffered the same fate that the police would have been trying to protect him, and others from.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 14-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #8
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats just insane on all levels, blo*dy fool
Old 14-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

What an idiot.

Such a waste......usually would insert some smart-ar5e comment about anti-commodore, but this is just ridiculous. All you can do is shake your head and wonder what was going through the kid's head - I'm going to assume that it was a young person driving.....I reckon that's a safe bet.

Just a reminder of how precious life is, if it can be taken away so quickly......

Here's another reminder - from NZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylJqhW7CS_4
Old 14-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

His brother is clearly from the same mould

Apparently stated , " he was speeding, so what..."

http://www.theage.com.au/national/he...0814-ek45.html
Old 14-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
barbarian
Banned

nothing unusual here really, just another commodore driver imo ??
Old 14-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #12
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Was wondering how long it would take for this to end up on here.

They clocked him doing 160 before they pursued.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 14-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #13
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not an ounce of sympathy for this guy though i feel sorry for his family.. i hope the media dont try and blame the cops for it..
Old 14-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
i hope the media dont try and blame the cops for it..
Of course they will, everyone will.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
Old 14-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave93761
What an idiot.

Such a waste......usually would insert some smart-ar5e comment about anti-commodore, but this is just ridiculous. All you can do is shake your head and wonder what was going through the kid's head - I'm going to assume that it was a young person driving.....I reckon that's a safe bet.

Just a reminder of how precious life is, if it can be taken away so quickly......

Here's another reminder - from NZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylJqhW7CS_4

a 25 year old married student..not really a kid by any means.

just a flat out moron. feel for the police and family though
Old 14-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #16
metalmania

Amazing how 90% of the time it involves a Holden Commodore.
Old 14-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #17
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Lucky they did it just before, they have a tallent of abandoning high speed chases moments prior to fatality. Increadible skill..

This morning it was 150 in 50 zone, now 160 in 60.. Still dangerous!
Out of order in my view - the police have a job to do!

This 'twat' was the one speeding, he is responsible no one else, at least he wont ever do it again.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 14-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #18
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Where are you going with that.....????

Old 14-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #19
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bet he was a real top bloke too. You always get the families in the paper, saying what a top bloke the deceased was, and how he had a wonderful life and wouldn't hurt a fly. Not such a decent fella doing 160kph on a public road though is he? I bet he didn't even leave any decent body parts to donate. Worthless waste of space.
Old 14-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #20
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Sorry, while I feel for the parents, I just see this as another idiot off the roads. He had little respect for other road users and the laws in place. The Vic govt will make a big deal out of this, put more speed cameras out there, crack down on hoons and what ever else the see as anti social behaviour and everything will be A OK.

Crap like this will continue on and I am sure we will see another death, due to speed, alcohol, someone being a tool in the near future.

These people dont care enough about themselves and their actions. They dont give a crap about anyone else on the roads.

I think the worst part about this, is the jack attitude towards other people and that their actions may endanger others on the roads.

This maybe hard, but tough luck another idiot off the roads and be thankfull his actions did not kill a member of my family or yours.

Mark

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Old 14-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #21
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
His brother is clearly from the same mould

Apparently stated , " he was speeding, so what..."

http://www.theage.com.au/national/he...0814-ek45.html

They had him on ch 7 and what a twat he was. Mind you the copper they interviewed was close to tears, it felt as if he was just giving up on these morons.

I seriously don't care about these idiots. The good thing is that he was the only one that died.
Old 14-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #22
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Darwinism at its best
Old 18-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #23
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumXR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
i hope the media dont try and blame the cops for it..
Of course they will, everyone will.
No they wont, the 'hoon' aka 'Car modifier' will take the blame for this, up 99% of people on AFF will be pointed at and blamed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Where are you going with that.....????
Exactly what I said. All high speed car chases that end in a fatality always get called off moments before. If they were called of early, then they may not end in a fatality.

Something needs to be done about this road toll, other than increasing it.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 18-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #24
Supercharged

If he is going to drive at that sort of speed in that kind of area perhaps this is harsh but we are all better off without him.
Old 18-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #25
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'll see more of this in the future i reckon as "Young Guns" would rather chance it and try and run from the cops then have there car impounded or crushed!!
Old 18-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #26
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Natural Selection never hurt anyone worthwhile.
Old 18-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #27
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Exactly what I said. All high speed car chases that end in a fatality always get called off moments before. If they were called of early, then they may not end in a fatality.

Something needs to be done about this road toll, other than increasing it.
No offence mate, but what would you have the police do?
Not pursue and let them off with a caution?
Try to catch them later at home where everyone can cover the morons actions, or put him to the courts for a slap on the wrist?

The police would have had one thought in mind; stop the maniac hurting himself and others.
They pursued, realised he wasn't going to stop and called off the pursuit. The idiot then crashed.
I don't think the police ever go out on patrol hoping to cause a death or an accident.

If you want to prevent the road toll climbing then you need to get into the mindset of a hoon with perhaps a slogan akin to a cigarrette packet; "Running from police will cause damage to life"

Quote: