Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Vfacts february 2021

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...e-sales-vfacts

Ford Numbers -

Ford EcoSport – 1
Ford Endura – 8
Ford Escape – 247
Ford Everest – 389
Ford Fiesta (ST) – 42
Ford Focus – 116
Ford Mondeo – 1
Ford Mustang – 221
Ford Puma – 256
Ford Ranger 4x2 – 297
Ford Ranger 4x4 – 2603
Ford Transit Bus – 11
Ford Transit Custom – 357
Ford Transit Heavy – 163
Ford Total – 4712
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-03-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Default Re: Vfacts february 2021

Ford down 3% total sales, ranger down 9% to be almost 2000 units behind hilux, is there a supply issue with ranger atm?
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #3
rods falcon
Long time lurking

I think supply situation as well, have an Everest on order, has been for nearly a month and no confirmed build date as yet.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:48 PM   #4
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Almost all brands are experiencing a level of stock constraints - for all number of reasons (covid, dealer confidence, computer chips, etc)
Old 04-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #5
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
Ford down 3% total sales, ranger down 9% to be almost 2000 units behind hilux, is there a supply issue with ranger atm?
Supply issue on just about everything, except Puma.

Supply constraints also compounded by the global semiconductor shortages, which are causing production stoppages across the globe. A few plants have shut for days at a time due to the shortages.

Surprisingly, year on year Ford sales were up 8%.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2021, 05:06 PM   #6
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to be anxious to see these every month
No theres no local cars, i dontreally care if a japanese car outsells a korean or thai car... even less so now they are all trucks.

How long til we are checking how kenworth went against Mack?
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2021, 08:15 PM   #7
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[DELETED]

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-chip-shortage

I wonder if it can maintain that supply excess?

Last edited by PG2; 08-03-2021 at 11:17 PM. Reason: deleted quoted deleted post
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2021, 08:48 PM   #8
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Of the 116 Focus, I wonder how many were ST's?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:11 PM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-chip-shortage

I wonder if it can maintain that supply excess?
[DELETED] Pretty much all manufacturers have copped shortages of chips. Toyota got lucky due to having stock issues in the past due to natural disasters, so they took a different approach.

But nah only ford were caught out

You could use the same principal and ask why toyota had to stop production recently due to natural disasters. Why did they irresponsibly not plan ahead and see it happening through their natural disaster crystal ball

Last edited by PG2; 08-03-2021 at 11:18 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2021, 09:30 PM   #10
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Always nice to have a stash.
Smart play, Toyota revolutionised just in time manufacturing and everyone else followed, then they experienced an event beyond their control and realised that some things need to be stockpiled but apparently others, and i dont think i actually singled out Ford in particular, didnt learn that lesson and are now paying the price for that strategy.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #11
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most bell curves that approximate real life events (say, financial instrument pricing) tend to have considerable upticks at the ends of the curve, outlier events that can run multiple standard deviations against what one might expect

in other words

plan for a rainy day
Old 05-03-2021, 10:45 PM   #12
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD 351 Ute View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what are these chips you speak of?

Ed
semi conductors mostly...electronics industry had a massive jump in sales and car companies cut their orders as sales declined and production stopped after lockdowns around the world, come uptake for car industry and not enough chips to go around, almost like seagulls fighting on that tossed hot chip at the beach...
Old 06-03-2021, 09:28 AM   #13
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
semi conductors mostly...electronics industry had a massive jump in sales and car companies cut their orders as sales declined and production stopped after lockdowns around the world, come uptake for car industry and not enough chips to go around, almost like seagulls fighting on that tossed hot chip at the beach...
It has been going on since March last year, try getting a laptop or monitor. 6 month backorder.
Thankfully though Australia was on the front foot with sending everyone home and were able to somewhat accommodate the supply of laptops and devices.

Now that USA and UK have finally woken and ordered most people to work from home it has added to the supply issues. This coupled with the manufacturing cutbacks (China is starting to start production again), it has really hurt the whole IT and vehicle industries.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:05 PM   #14
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I limit my digs at Ford to vfacts threads these days as their lack of performance is directly related to the publics perception of them, no ones interested and they brought it on themselves.
That is not a polarising opinion, its basically fact even if it hurts to swollow.
Seriously though, the pricing policy at Ford also players big part in their low sales of cars and SUVs,
I was shocked to see the drive away price on entry point Kuga $31K and Focus $34K - I stopped there
as I've made my point in the past about then being around $7K too high but maybe more these days..

Assuming lack of Ranger inventory / supply from Thailand hurt sales last month even if that's
~1,000 sales, it's still roughly $50 million lost revenue and something Ford feels where they live.

Hilux is fresh and has no supply impediments, Ranger is much older and supply constrained
so I don't see things changing much with sales this year but next year it will be Ford's turn with
a brand new Ranger.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2021, 01:01 PM   #15
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Seriously though, the pricing policy at Ford also players big part in their low sales of cars and SUVs,
I was shocked to see the drive away price on entry point Kuga $31K and Focus $34K - I stopped there
as I've made my point in the past about then being around $7K too high but maybe more these days..

Assuming lack of Ranger inventory / supply from Thailand hurt sales last month even if that's
~1,000 sales, it's still roughly $50 million lost revenue and something Ford feels where they live.

Hilux is fresh and has no supply impediments, Ranger is much older and supply constrained
so I don't see things changing much with sales this year but next year it will be Ford's turn with
a brand new Ranger.
I think their pricing is ok, as the cars are brilliant for the money. But I wish they’d bring back base models to lower the entry and let the dealers up sell to the higher spec models. That’s exactly how mum bought her latest Focus, there was a Sport parked right next to the Trend she went to look at, the dealer didn’t have to do a thing, she took the Sport home the following Tuesday.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2021, 01:32 PM   #16
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post

a brand new Ranger.
The company is over the moon with ranger sales. Amazed that a product in it’s final year of it’s life cycle is selling every single one they can build. That hardly ever happens. Usually products at the end of their cycles drop off considerably. Especially with hilux being recently renewed.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:38 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The french cars are an interesting case. The 3 brands citroen, peugeot and renault have only sold a combined 790 odd cars this year, and 550 are from renault. How long can citroen and peugeot maintain such low numbers? The passenger vehicles are barely selling at all. Some in single figure numbers.

Sales are down another 30% on already low figures.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/930472/...-in-australia/
Old 07-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #18
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The company is over the moon with ranger sales. Amazed that a product in it’s final year of it’s life cycle is selling every single one they can build. That hardly ever happens. Usually products at the end of their cycles drop off considerably. Especially with hilux being recently renewed.
Yes, and here's my but, they cannot possibly be happy with Focus and Escape at all....and yes as my wife is in the very much "delayed build of her Escape" so I understand there's a supply issue, however SA Focus and previous model Escape have been on sale for a long time....and while I'm at it iLoad shouldn't be outselling Transit Custom.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:50 PM   #19
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The french cars are an interesting case. The 3 brands citroen, peugeot and renault have only sold a combined 790 odd cars this year, and 550 are from renault. How long can citroen and peugeot maintain such low numbers? The passenger vehicles are barely selling at all. Some in single figure numbers.

Watched parents get stung continuing to buy French in Australia (after migrating from Europe), once bitten twice shy a generation later...
Australia selects for ruggedness and reliability of everything from mechanical to trim...
It's a pity, I regard the 308 as a better Golf (but would buy a Corolla over both if I had to in that segment) or if I won lotto, a Yaris
Old 07-03-2021, 10:08 PM   #20
hayseed

Quote:

Holden may have been the First, But it Won't be the last Brand to Exit Australia.. The Next 3-4 years will be Interesting I think..
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2021, 10:58 PM   #21
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Yes, and here's my but, they cannot possibly be happy with Focus and Escape at all....and yes as my wife is in the very much "delayed build of her Escape" so I understand there's a supply issue, however SA Focus and previous model Escape have been on sale for a long time....and while I'm at it iLoad shouldn't be outselling Transit Custom.
Happy with escape. Can build on it. Not sure about supply, but europe has had some shutdowns due to the super capacitor shortages. I don’t know which products that is affecting though.

Not sure about focus, but assume not. Could be doing better no doubt. But the focus (pardon the pun) is on the more profitable suv’s and commercial vehicles.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #22
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post

Big time across the range. Nearly every model has supply issues now.

Cant even get Mustangs, and now with Ford holding back Mach 1's Mustangs sales numbers the next few months will be poor imho.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2021, 12:59 PM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
I thought you had me on ignore clown, who's the stalker quoting who's posts now.

At least i dont hang around the pub bagging threads on every other brand and promoting my employer like you..lol

Why are you still here?
4 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
For the monthly excuses.

Nah just to cause trouble.

If you were on the ground and actually had some facts to back your bs up with your input would be worthwhile.

Bossxr8 has added far more value to this forum then you ever will.
Just sayin!
3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #25
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Holden may have been the First, But it Won't be the last Brand to Exit Australia.. The Next 3-4 years will be Interesting I think..

This is a good point and yes more will leave Australia. Not only due to poor sales but high costs of compliance, especially with respect to warranty and consumer guarantees.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:29 PM   #26
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lucky i dont give a **** what you think sweetheart.

Just sayin'

Well that's obvious, you don't give a **** what anyone thinks here. As per why I asked why you're still here.

Drives a 14 year old bitsaremissing and plays a Toyota fiddle. Talk about a confused soul.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:25 PM   #27
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Well that's obvious, you don't give a **** what anyone thinks here. As per why I asked why you're still here.

Drives a 14 year old bitsaremissing and plays a Toyota fiddle. Talk about a confused soul.
We need to fix the ignore feature logic, so people who are “on ignore” don’t have their posts quoted either ( for those that have done that ).
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #28
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 users like this post:
Old 08-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #29
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Could we please at least try to stay on topic and keep the childish remarks in the playground where they belong.

Anymore personal insults will be deleted.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:35 PM   #30
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
We need to fix the ignore feature logic, so people who are “on ignore” don’t have their posts quoted either ( for those that have done that ).
Or, people could just choose to ignore posts which quote opinions they dont agree with, pretty simple id have thought.

My initial post stated that Hilux outsold Ford, it wasnt that long ago that Hilux out selling Holden was hilarious, not so funny now.

The post Boss was triggered by didnt even mention Ford, it was a general observation that running short of vital components isnt the smartest strategy for any manufacturer and last i looked, Vfacts covers all mainstream brands. Everyone copied Toyota when they went to JIT, yet apparently they all need natural disasters to realise some things need to be kept in stock.
Just more excuses for poor planning.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post