Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #151
FPV6

Default Re: The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon?

Hi Guys

other then big Brembo bigger wheels more power and small graphic and this is a lazy question

What is the other differences between XR6 Turbo and 6 sprint

looking at getting the sprint 6 I have an 8 or is the $20k odd extra not worth it get a xr6 turbo I guess is my question
Old 21-09-2016, 02:19 PM   #152
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
So what you are saying is if the GT floats, it's made out of wood and therefore is a duck???

Best Falcon ever made was a Fairlane...
Thanks for giving me the chuckle of the day.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

This user likes this post:
Old 21-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #153
SprintFg
Banned

Just on two weeks left...

Until factory shuts
Game over, lights out, shut the rollers..

Only 69 brand new fgx turbo cars left (xr6t and g6et). That's less than one per dealer.

Same deal with xr8s... Just a handful left.

Go get your new factory forced induction falcon before it's too late... 10....9....8...7...
Old 22-09-2016, 11:32 AM   #154
Rsmedley1234

Thumbs down Re: The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV6 View Post
Hi Guys

other then big Brembo bigger wheels more power and small graphic and this is a lazy question

What is the other differences between XR6 Turbo and 6 sprint

looking at getting the sprint 6 I have an 8 or is the $20k odd extra not worth it get a xr6 turbo I guess is my question
Hey mate
Quite a lot actually.
-Crushing in-gear acceleration
-Hugely improved handling while mainting ride quality
-Crisper gear changes
-Pirelli tyres
-A few added interior goodies i.e. Electro mirror
-The stealth look
-Resale value! Due to be the last and only 500 made, the 6 should hold its value quite well.
Old 22-09-2016, 12:06 PM   #155
Bolly47
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintFg View Post
Just on two weeks left...

Until factory shuts
Game over, lights out, shut the rollers..

Only 69 brand new fgx turbo cars left (xr6t and g6et). That's less than one per dealer.

Same deal with xr8s... Just a handful left.

Go get your new factory forced induction falcon before it's too late... 10....9....8...7...
So if is big customer order wanting to buy falcon or territory Maybe they should keep manufacture cars going and start to export falcon and Territory export to USA same they bringing mustang cars to Australia soil. Anyway Mustang cars is not family cars. Numbers of American yanks wanting buy aussie made falcon on their hands so bit late now .
Old 22-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #156
SprintFg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmedley1234 View Post
Hey mate
Quite a lot actually.
-Crushing in-gear acceleration
-Hugely improved handling while mainting ride quality
-Crisper gear changes
-Pirelli tyres
-A few added interior goodies i.e. Electro mirror
-The stealth look
-Resale value! Due to be the last and only 500 made, the 6 should hold its value quite well.
$20k is alot of cabbage over the base xr6t.

The performance if the sprint6 is stronger but it would be marginal over a base xr6t/g6et. The sprint6 hasnt really run crushing times over the base xr6t. Owners have also reported a later than expected rev range response from the bigger turbo sprint6. More laggy.

Handling and braking is an upgrade but has anyone tracked the cars back to back to really see what the difference is? (Include r spec cars whilst your at it) Im sure its better (sprint6) but by $20k?

Trim bits or wheel design i dont really value as your pulling off one piece to replace with another (base xr6t/g6et both get arguably nicer wheels)

But they (sprint6) are collectible but your gonna pay top dollar for it.

Base xr6t/g6et is way better bang for buck
2 users like this post:
Old 22-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #157
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

This guy reckons it will be

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
3 users like this post:
Old 22-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #158
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

onya arronm, this guy ? now people know to get over the other side of the road when your approaching blindly having lost control whoooosh
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 22-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #159
SprintFg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
This guy reckons it will be

Ask yourself and be honest... would you swap your current ford with a fgx xr8 / sprint6 / sprint8 or fgx xr6t/g6et? No money changeover. Of course you would.

Im guessing most if not all non forced induction owners ( non miami v8 / turbo 6) owners would immediately jump and say yes.

So its easy to see which cars will be sought after. Immaculate condition factory forced induction models.
Old 22-09-2016, 03:14 PM   #160
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Um. NO

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 22-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #161
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Ask yourself and be honest... would you swap your current ford with a fgx xr8 / sprint6 / sprint8 or fgx xr6t/g6et? No money changeover. Of course you would.

Im guessing most if not all non forced induction owners ( non miami v8 / turbo 6) owners would immediately jump and say yes.

So its easy to see which cars will be sought after. Immaculate condition factory forced induction models.
So you're saying would I swap a base XR6 for fgx xr8 / sprint6 / sprint8 or fgx xr6t/g6et for no extra cash? Of course I would. What sort of moron wouldn't? How does that prove any point?
Old 22-09-2016, 03:40 PM   #162
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
Um. NO
Actually would swap the old BF XR6. And as seeing it cost SFA I would put an FG front end on

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 22-09-2016, 05:15 PM   #163
Rsmedley1234

Quote:
$20k is alot of cabbage over the base xr6t.

The performance if the sprint6 is stronger but it would be marginal over a base xr6t/g6et. The sprint6 hasnt really run crushing times over the base xr6t. Owners have also reported a later than expected rev range response from the bigger turbo sprint6. More laggy.

Handling and braking is an upgrade but has anyone tracked the cars back to back to really see what the difference is? (Include r spec cars whilst your at it) Im sure its better (sprint6) but by $20k?

Trim bits or wheel design i dont really value as your pulling off one piece to replace with another (base xr6t/g6et both get arguably nicer wheels)

But they (sprint6) are collectible but your gonna pay top dollar for it.

Base xr6t/g6et is way better bang for buck
Well of course it is a little more laggy, it has a bigger turbo!
I own a G6E Turbo and Xr6 Sprint, up to 50 the cars would be fairly even, after 120, G6E left waving bye bye. 80-120 times are 2.5 vs 3.1
Old 22-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #164
Big_Damo

6pages of my Dinks bigger than your Dink
These cars will be all sort after in years to come whether its a Falcon with a supercharged V8 turbo 6 or a Falcon with an FPV badge regardless of what there owners think a GT is Falcon an XR6 Sprint is a Falcon and FPV or Tickford means little as they are all Falcons
Some people are just too precious about thinking there BA GT or XY GT or FG GTF are something different
We have all been lucky enough to be able buy great performance sedans that are Made In Australia but for the next generation this will not be something they will be able to do except on the second hand market. There will be plenty of young Aussie guys and gals that will be wishing they could have bought a Sprint or GTF or GT Rspec or XR6 turbo that haven't even got a license yet who in the future will have the funds to buy these rare cars and be prepared to pay good money for ones in good condition.
I don't plan on leaving my car in the garage in the hope I will make money one day but I plan to enjoy it as a weekend pleasure vehicle, keep it in the best original condition I can so it will still going strong in my retirement.
If I then can no longer drive and I sell it for more, less or the same as I paid for it I will be a happy camper.
But seriously If you have a AU,EL,BA or FG GT remember it is only a Falcon and that is what makes it a great car Same as a Sprint or XC Cobra or XE ESP Ghia.
ALL FORD Falcons Regardless
Enjoy them whenever you can no matter what you drive
9 users like this post:
Old 23-09-2016, 06:49 AM   #165
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Damo View Post
6pages of my Dinks bigger than your Dink
These cars will be all sort after in years to come whether its a Falcon with a supercharged V8 turbo 6 or a Falcon with an FPV badge regardless of what there owners think a GT is Falcon an XR6 Sprint is a Falcon and FPV or Tickford means little as they are all Falcons
Will someone think of the Fairlanes!!!
Old 23-09-2016, 07:27 AM   #166
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Will someone think of the Fairlanes!!!
I do - they are excellent parts cars
4 users like this post:
Old 23-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #167
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Would you swap a brand new "fgx xr8 / sprint6 / sprint8 or fgx xr6t/g6et" For an immaculate condition GTHO phase 3, no money changeover. Of course you would.

Purely for the dollar value alone if nothing else (which is similar logic anyone else may swap an older modern Falcon for an FGX). So this makes the GTHO P3 the best Falcon then.

A more fair question to ask is - Would you swap your current Falcon for an FGX model and pay the difference?

The fastest and newest model of any car is not always the most desirable in the long run, infact, the opposite is usually true.

Last edited by mike_nofx; 23-09-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 23-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #168
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Swap? No, not in a million years.

Give me a(n additional) free car? Sure, I'll take a G6ET.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
Old 23-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #169
ESPJG32

Guys,

How did this thread move into this "swap/wouldn't you have one if they gave it to you" garbage - those that go there, probably believe in fairy's as well...get real.

They are all great cars for different reasons but the greatest of the modern era will always be a GT-F, yes they were expensive - top price in fact and top horsepower - but so was the top of the line phase 3 in it's day, top price and top horsepower.

For those that don't know or cant remember, Ford couldn't build a modern HO - they haven't owned that name for many years - if they did, then the last GT surely would have been an FG GT HO, but they couldn't use that name, so the last GT, the best GT - is a GT-F.....everything else sits below, on price,horsepower and collectability
Old 23-09-2016, 11:10 PM   #170
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPJG32 View Post
Guys,

How did this thread move into this "swap/wouldn't you have one if they gave it to you" garbage - those that go there, probably believe in fairy's as well...get real.

They are all great cars for different reasons but the greatest of the modern era will always be a GT-F, yes they were expensive - top price in fact and top horsepower - but so was the top of the line phase 3 in it's day, top price and top horsepower.

For those that don't know or cant remember, Ford couldn't build a modern HO - they haven't owned that name for many years - if they did, then the last GT surely would have been an FG GT HO, but they couldn't use that name, so the last GT, the best GT - is a GT-F.....everything else sits below, on price,horsepower and collectability
This is true, enough already with the Sprints... XY GT old school (1) GTF (1) Modern era.

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
Old 23-09-2016, 11:14 PM   #171
SprintFg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Would you swap a brand new "fgx xr8 / sprint6 / sprint8 or fgx xr6t/g6et" For an immaculate condition GTHO phase 3, no money changeover. Of course you would.

Purely for the dollar value alone if nothing else (which is similar logic anyone else may swap an older modern Falcon for an FGX). So this makes the GTHO P3 the best Falcon then.

A more fair question to ask is - Would you swap your current Falcon for an FGX model and pay the difference?

The fastest and newest model of any car is not always the most desirable in the long run, infact, the opposite is usually true.
I wouldnt swap a fgx factory forced induction car for a gtho.

But you are missing the point of this thread. The fgx and fg2 are really the only falcons you can buy that are reasonably new. It just so happens is they offer scorching performance from their i6t or supercharged8. Best ever performance wrapped in the most comfortable and best handling falcons ever. There is a matter of days left before its all over. Get yours now. Its not aboit collectibility, its about owning the best ever.
Old 23-09-2016, 11:38 PM   #172
ESPJG32

With due respect Sprint FG you are the one who has missed the point
read the heading "The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon"

Bottom line is.....it is not the ultimate enthusiast collect falcon.

A great car it may be and I am assuming you are an owner of one by your name on here, so good on you....but the ultimate it isn't - ford never intended it to be.....that is why the GT-F was released - no matter how hard you try and beat it up....it was never intended to hold that position and it wont get there.

Enjoy the car, but don't try to make it something it isn't.
Old 24-09-2016, 12:18 AM   #173
Rsmedley1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzF6 View Post
This is true, enough already with the Sprints... XY GT old school (1) GTF (1) Modern era.
Gretaest as in most expensive. But unfortunately the GTF was fairly rubbish, outdated in all aspects bar the engine.
A 55k Xr6 Sprint has better handling, comfort, and in-gear acceleration.
FPV has never been better than standard Falcons. They are too similiar and cost too much.
Old 24-09-2016, 12:22 AM   #174
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Yeh HO hasnt even got bluetooth............. Must be rubbish....

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 24-09-2016, 12:26 AM   #175
ESPJG32

having owned one and driven one medley you would be the expert...as in drip under pressure

You will learn in life, the mere holding of an opinion doesn't always make you right.
Old 24-09-2016, 01:28 AM   #176
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Pretty sad its come to this for some.
Jimmy Richards made a comment on the podium long ago that comes to mind..
Supposed to be fellow Ford Enthusiasts.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
4 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2016, 07:47 AM   #177
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sad alright ....its enough to make you wanna buy a holden ....yeea naaa

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 24-09-2016, 09:12 AM   #178
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Send that gtho my way
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Old 24-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #179
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:

But you are missing the point of this thread. The fgx and fg2 are really the only falcons you can buy that are reasonably new. It just so happens is they offer scorching performance from their i6t or supercharged8. Best ever performance wrapped in the most comfortable and best handling falcons ever. There is a matter of days left before its all over. Get yours now. Its not aboit collectibility, its about owning the best ever.
Old 24-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #180
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Re: The FGX as the ultimate enthusiast collectors falcon? Imo too early to tell, it must earn its stripes. Personally I think they look fabulous, go hard, good supercar racing background etc but...

What made the P3 HO so iconic was not because it was the last of a long line but what the loving owners did with them - it wasn't just garaging them hey, my 2 cents lol!

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Closed Thread