Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
hdj80

Default Was that an AFF members GT in the water up the Sunny Coast?

Just watched the 11.30am news on 7 and there was a nice Conquer GT or GTP with the bonnet up and about 6" water running under it with a heap of guys clustered around it- assume trying to attach a tow point?

Last two digits of what looked like personalised plates was 66.

Hope its not trashed if you are a member here.

hdj80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
YOOT
Banned

He was a tool for trying drive a car like that threw flood waters, especially when you know the air intake is below the front head light. :togo:
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Through
Old 03-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Lion Slayer
Is Ford, Is Good

Yeah, he shouldn't have drove through it but i still feel sorry for him as it looked like such a nice car. The rain up here on the Sunshine Coast was realy bad yesterday, it only stopped a couple of times during the day.

Herrod Camshafts-Pacemaker ceramic coated 4-1 extractors-100 cpsi cats-X-Force dual 2.5 inch stainless catback exhaust-Bluepower CAI-Mellings oil pump-4.11 diff with truetrac-Lowered on SL / SSL-TSW Nurburgring 20x9.5/8.0

Custom tuned by RDP 260 rwkw
Lion Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Might have to watch the 6pm news and have a look
Old 03-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
3vXT

Kinda related,
Pic i took of an xr8 that landed on a roundabout in newcastle during the queens birthday weekend floods couple of years ago.

3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdj80
Just watched the 11.30am news on 7 and there was a nice Conquer GT or GTP with the bonnet up and about 6" water running under it with a heap of guys clustered around it- assume trying to attach a tow point?

Last two digits of what looked like personalised plates was 66.

Hope its not trashed if you are a member here.
Well if it was actually blueprint and the rego was GTP-66 then it is my old GT-P and that is not the first time it has been driven through a flooded crossing (or second or third )
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
Lion Slayer
Is Ford, Is Good

I'm pretty sure it was a BF because it had the thick stripe with two smaller ones either side. They didn't make blueprint in the BF's did they?

Herrod Camshafts-Pacemaker ceramic coated 4-1 extractors-100 cpsi cats-X-Force dual 2.5 inch stainless catback exhaust-Bluepower CAI-Mellings oil pump-4.11 diff with truetrac-Lowered on SL / SSL-TSW Nurburgring 20x9.5/8.0

Custom tuned by RDP 260 rwkw
Lion Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Slayer
I'm pretty sure it was a BF because it had the thick stripe with two smaller ones either side. They didn't make blueprint in the BF's did they?
No, only BA up to about Nov 03. Mine did not have stripes bit the person I sold it to had stripes attached.

It most likely was not mine as it now lives in a "collection" and is hardly driven.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #10
hdj80

I can't tell the difference between Blueprint and Conquer that well especially off the short snip on the TV. Had the full stripe package and some dudes bum was blocking most of the plate. Was certainly personallised plates though.
hdj80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #11
kenz
BOSS Pilot

haha yea I saw that on the 6pm news. Saw it in the background in the traffic waiting to go through and then they showed him trying to get through it haha looked like the water was up near the headlights. Also had a black ss ute on there and old mate was complaining about how slow people were driving through it and he had to stop in the middle of it and now his car's a write off :

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #12
iCat
doof doof doof doof

dudley st in melbourne cbd flooded a couple of years ago. there were people sitting on the roofs of their cars with water up to their windows. i was stunned at how many people were insistant on wanting to drive their cars through our road block and into dudley street because that was the route they wanted to drive. they were still insistent even when the stranded motorists were pointed out to them. :
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #13
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it was definitely a bf (conquer)