Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Default What a night

Well.

Started off, me and my friends, 4 girls and one guy + me went down to a local beach at about 8ish at night to fire up a BBQ and have a nice quiet night. When we got there, there was about 80m away some teenage party going on. I suggested to everyone that we should go to another beach, but they said nah nah should be ok.

About half way through our BBQ, these cocky young lads, woulda been no older then 17 came up and started talking. Asked for our names to which I said, "You don't need to know any of our names, go back to your party aye."
One of the girls then asked me if I could walk her to the car to get something. When I was walking off, one of the guys, ring leader I suppose, started yelling various things, calling me a pu**y, soft, all the stuff under the moon. Telling me to go back and fight him. I just turned around and laughed and said everyone wants a shot at the title mate.

Coming back from the car, My friends are walking towards us, telling me how those guys said they are looking for a fight. So I said, alright lets go and get our stuff and leave. Just as we are leaving, one of the girls in my group opens her mouth and calls the ring leader a pu55y. He walks straight up to her, as if he is going to hit her, I stand in between the two and cop the hit straight to the face. After this was a bit of a blur...I know I have a black eye, cut cheek and a few eggs. But the other guy came off worse. I put his teeth through his lip. Anyways, lots of yelling etc etc. The group of guys walked off.

I suggested to my friends that we just wait 10mins before we go so they don't see my car and just in case they are waiting around the corner for us. So we did just that. Got in the car and then drove off. This is when it got way out of control.

I was driving up the road, doing 50kph (speed limit) and I see this group of guys, but now there is a VR commdore parked there, full of people. I drive past, still doing the limit, and the commodore chucks a hero u-turn and gives chase. Comes screaming up behind me, whips out beside and pulls beside me, then they tried to ram my XR6!!! They tried about 3-4 times, one time pushing me up onto the kerb and nature strip (thank god it was one of those 45 degree kerbs) Now, as you can imagine, I had a car full of girls. So, there was screaming, everything.

The commdore pulled in behind me and kept right up my ***. I kept doing the speed limit the whole time and then I had had enough. The highway was about 500m away, and the cop station another 2km. Told one of the girls to get on the phone to the cops and tell them what was happening. This is when I layed into the XR. Now when you have a car full of people, stuff in the boot and the AC on....My car wasn't running the best, especially when a V8 bogandore is following you. They stayed with us the whole time. I hit the brakes a few times to try and warn them off, but didn't work. Drove into the police station car park at a rate of knots and the commodore sped off. I got out the car and the cop ran over and was like wtf is going on. I told him we were the car being tailed, and they sent out a partol car straight away to chase the commodore. The cop questioned me, asked me how I managed to 'get away' etc. Told him I did what any normal person would've done in that situation. I'm lucky and I didn't get done for dangerous driving, speeding, etc

I stayed at the cop station for a good 45 mins. As you can imagine, I was ****ing blood from my cheek, I had a black eye and was shaking something chronic. Wasn't so much concerned for my safety, my main worrie was making sure my passengers were safe. They were a tad shaken up but ok none-the-less. Went home and that was it. Didn't sleep too well.

An even worse thing is, this morning, it appears the commodore that gave chase lives in my neighbourhood...I've told the local police beat cop, but I don't really have much evidence, other than witnesses. My car is pretty much a sitting duck as is the only one like it in Cairns.....I'm considering taking off all the stripes, etc now.

Well anyway. It's definatly something I wouldn't want to happen every night and never again for that matter. Put it simply, I was terrified.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 14-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
Low Na
Cruisin in my EL

Thats . This town is going down so bloody fast, its not funny. Cant even go out and enjoy your self these days without some cocky youngster wanting to cause trouble. At least you walked away. Sounds like you were out on the northern beaches yeah? Some of these kids these days need a good flogging with a metal bar, and to be driven to the top of the kuranda range and left there.
Old 14-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh man thats fecked up, what a bunch of hereos, glad your ok man.

They could of made the night alot worse lucky you got to the cop station, idiots should be shot, they could of caused multiple fatalities in that car chase...
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Old 14-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Na
Sounds like you were out on the northern beaches yeah?

Yep, chased me from albatross street kewarra beach, all the way onto the highway to smithfield police station.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 14-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
kocho
The Futuriser

Damn, horrible story XR6_661. :(

Just for your own safety, how safe is it to post it on forums where you may have other details? Probably best to make sure you don't, thats all. You did well in the situation though. Nice work.

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
Old 14-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Angry

you did a good thing taking to the police, it's the record now and if anything happens to your car they'd be the first ones to be questioned by the cops.

From your post I take it that you don't have an off street parking?

the cooks highway is full of roundabouts and these are the best placed to loose someone- just keep driving around while on the phone with the cops.

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
Old 14-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
Wally
XP Coupe

It's a funny thing that while girls tell you they abhore violence, they always manage to get mouthy when you're about to get the snot beat out of you. I put it down to the primal urge of the strongest of the pack gets to mate.

If only you were sure they were drug dealers you could tip off the police. _2:

Of course I'm assuming you didn't start the whole thing.
Old 14-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm thats not like cairns at all :P

i love those heros that move in groups, useless at everything on their own, but somehow like a god in a pack

glad your ok, but again if they got something against you, take it out on you, targeting someones possessions is cowardly.....

how id love immunity for teaching those a lesson

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
Old 14-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #9
Nickxb
XB in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Well.
My car is pretty much a sitting duck as is the only one like it in Cairns.....I'm considering taking off all the stripes, etc now.
you should set up a webcam pointing at your car. if they try anything you can give the recording to the cops
Old 14-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
FPV GT40
Banned

Get the witnesses to make a statement to police, and they will have to arrest and charge the other driver, police will not have a choice in the matter.

Well worth the effort if you concerend about future violence and the like.

Funny how the women always have a big mouth and start the trouble for the guys who then have to cop a beating or get involved in a fight
Old 14-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #11
InTrail

FFS... we live in Kewarra and for the most part, it's one of the most family friendly areas of Cairns.

But there really are some f***wits in the vicinity. Just last night saw some f***wit in a Festiva of all vehicles racing up the Cook Hwy and nearly lose it at 2 roundabouts. Also seen an R33 and a VS/VR a few times racing, even straight past that police station at Smithfield.

Did you get the rego of the VR?
Old 14-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #12
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Yeah I got the rego of the VR and the police have it. I'm also considering taking FPV GT40s advice and getting the witnesses to do police statements. People like that shouldn't be on the road.

Why can't people just drop it after a fight these days? used to be, you'd get beaten up, walk off and that was it.

Someone asked before, and yes I do have off street parking, the car has been hidden away the last couple of days. Our house has a wild security system, motion sensors, cameras, etc. So the car is pretty safe inside. But I wouldn't put it past these idiots to do something anyway.

Intrail: So true, I'm glad it was at night in a way otherwise there would've been young children around, etc. And considering this guy was on the wrong side of the road, beside me on tight streets, it could've gotten very ugly.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 14-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #13
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

You have his rego
Go find him
Don't do anything , just let them know you know who and where they are and where they go .
Old 14-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #14
azaxr8

trick_xd, thats decent advice. lets see this hero without his friends. cry like a school girl.

But could backfire.
Old 14-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #15
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Yeah, not a good idea at all if you ask me.

I don't want stuff that can be used against me

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 14-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #16
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

but you don't have to do anything
IF something happens to YOUR car what would you do if you was them...

THEY will NOT do anything to you OR your car if they know you know where they live or go to .

They are all tuff with there M8s around but will be scared by themselves just like you where .
Old 14-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #17
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Surely the police can at least investigate the assault?
Old 14-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #18
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

steer clear of him have him charged witrh predatory driving ( if they have that offence in Qld they do in NSW) he will loose his licence also take out an AVO .
let the law work for you not against you by taking things into your own hands

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 14-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #19
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I told him we were the car being tailed, and they sent out a patrol car straight away to chase the commodore. The cop questioned me, asked me how I managed to 'get away' etc. Told him I did what any normal person would've done in that situation. I'm lucky and I didn't get done for dangerous driving, speeding, etc
If they could have charged you, then the other guy they should have gone to town on. This is where it sucks - despite a car full of witnesses, the cops claim they can't do anything.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 14-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #20
FPV GT40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
Surely the police can at least investigate the assault?
They will not investigate unless they have witness statements, as it would be a waste of police time, as they have no power to arrest or even talk to the person as police did not witness the event. They require a proper statement, as soon as they get a witness/victim statement they will only be too happy to arrest and charge the bloke, as it is an easy arrest and charge for them.

He should be charged in relation to the assault and the driving offences. Also take out a personal violence order against the guy, that way if he goes anywhere near you (usually 100M), your place of residence or your work he will automatically get locked up and charged with breach of order, and if it happens a second time he will get locked up and bail refused.

This guy needs to be taught a lesson and you are probably not the only person he has done this to, and probably will not be the last.

Get to the police station today and tell them that you will give a statement and that you have fears for your safety.

Do not let him get away with it people like him need to be taught a lesson before someone gets seriously hurt.

And whatever you do do not approach him in any way or speak to him as he could turn the whole thing around and say you started it and are now threatening him. He could take out the violence order against you and have you charged with threat and intimidation...not good....

Last edited by FPV GT40; 14-09-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 14-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #21
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

crazy story!! glad ur ok. much damage to your car?
bloody sucks about the scum that live in this country now
Old 14-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #22
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
steer clear of him have him charged witrh predatory driving ( if they have that offence in Qld they do in NSW) he will loose his licence also take out an AVO .
Good call, you can't have things both ways, either take the sensible option and take full advantage of the laws as they are, or go the other way(not recommended)
Old 14-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #23
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
Agreed. You said they were at a party. Hopefully had a drink or two and wasn't of mind enough to remember your car. I'm sick of hearing stories about these kids in groups standing over grown men when they are on their own. Cowardise like that is a worrying trend these days. And there is no shame in admitting fear under those circumstances as you well know they only engaged you like that as you were the only male and there were a group of them, and these days they don't have any honour i.e they would not stop bashing you and could have been seriously injured or killed as a result. Years ago (mostly) mates didn't interfere in fights. You were left to duke it out and when he'd had enough that was it. Stay safe mate.
Old 14-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #24
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

i had something similar happen to me and my brother last friday night, we were at our normal hang out having a pizza and a beer, and there were some younger guys there, 18/19, drinking, as its a bar they were doing nothing wrong until one of them took two slices of out pizza and rubbed them together and tossed them back on our plate!, we just told the manager who we no well as we go there nearly every weekend, anyway he told the guy to leave as he was pretty drunk and was getting a bit rowdy, well we thought that was the end of it, but the drunk fool was waiting outside and wanted to fight us!, now he was about 5'7 and weighed no more than about 65kgs, my brother and i are both 6'2 and im 80kgs and my bro 88kgs, so he didnt have much chance if he did want to do something!, so anyway once we finished the rest of the pizza he didnt destroy we went to sit with some friends of ours who had arrived, now there was at least 15 of us, so when we all got up to leave we all just went to our cars as this guy yells out and calls us a manner of names, then he made his biggest mistake, we kicked a mates celica as we drove out!, and my mate flipped!, we all stopped in a hurry to go and see what had happend, 3-4 of my mates and my bro went after him but the little bugger ran off of course, cause once he kicked the car his mates were gone!, they didnt want any part in what we felt like doing to this little bugger, in the end he ran off home as he only lives a k or so from the bar, luckily a mate of mine knew his name and address so we called the cops, let them no what he had done and they went to visit him!, oh and my mates celica had a small dent in the door, that was fixed for $77, so all that crap casue some drunk guy wanted to play with my pizza!, its this kinda thing that just makes you want to stay home!!
Old 14-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #25
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Thanks for all your advice guys. I've been down the local cop station (dad is close friends with the police officer there) and it's being investigated as we speak. I had 4 statements from witnesses, plus my own statement.

Hopefully I can get this all sorted soon. Wanna be able to sleep easy knowing my friends are safe. As well as myself. Cars can be replaced.

I tell ya what though, I've been checking my mirrors more often then not when driving!!

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 14-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #26
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for all your advice guys. I've been down the local cop station (dad is close friends with the police officer there) and it's being investigated as we speak. I had 4 statements from witnesses, plus my own statement.

Hopefully I can get this all sorted soon. Wanna be able to sleep easy knowing my friends are safe. As well as myself. Cars can be replaced.

I tell ya what though, I've been checking my mirrors more often then not when driving!!
Good on you, as has been said use the right method to hopefully teach these people something and stop them from doing it again to someone else.
Old 14-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #27
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
It's a funny thing that while girls tell you they abhore violence, they always manage to get mouthy when you're about to get the snot beat out of you. I put it down to the primal urge of the strongest of the pack gets to mate.

SPOT ON! Couldn't have put it better myself!
Old 14-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #28
baxtman
WWBMD?

What a night, sorry to hear it. I had a similar situation a while ago. It's never fun being chased by another car, and the trusty BA doesn't drive quite like you need it to when it's full of passengers, does it? Luckily I managed to keep everyone safe but ended up copping a kick to the rear qtr panel ($600 damage!). But there was nothing I could do about it, and going vigilante will make it worse. I too worried about leaving my car about but nothing has happened so far. They're cowards and the fact that you ran gave them the 'victory', so i doubt they're go any further. I hope it all works out.
Baja Bug (o\|/o)Build
Old 14-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #29
NIK516

boy you got a head on your sholders mate good work in keeping it level.

its harder to walk away, these days you cant trust any one and there arnt any honest fights some one always take it to far.

hope the pricks learn a lesson.
Old 15-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #30
FORDavid

some people hey. these sort of pricks really me off. sorry to hear your story mate. i'm sure it will all blow over sooner rather than later.
Closed Thread