Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2022, 04:29 PM   #9
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Century Batteries

Going on this journey I am now wondering a few things :

1) Would a huge chain like Supercheap Auto have a deal with Century where they get their batteries made to a price to maximise profits, and if the battery could be a different battery, possibly lower quality (although it looks the same as all others). I have heard of similar deals with large chain stores.

2) Would battery components be affected by recent increase in need of battery components for Solar Systems and electric cars, driving the prices of raw materials up forcing manufacturers to us inferior materials or less of them to keep product costs down? Bit like Burgers/Breadrolls/Bags of Chips/ even vegetables etc getting smaller (has anyone noticed how small vegetables that sell by each rather than weight have gotten?? Cauliflowers, lettuces etc are about 1/3rd the size they used to be yet prices have gone up)

3) I need to buy a battery this week for my EL Falcon, considering either another Century (not from a chain store) and just keep claiming on the warranty, or a Supercharge battery (which also has poor reviews online) with the same 40 months warranty.

Any others readily available that also offer a long warranty period and may have a better feed back rating for recent batteries

I am talking batteries less that 2 years old, I see the stories here of batteries lasting 8 years etc, that's fine my last battery lasted over ten years and every other battery I have ever had lasted 6-10 years, but batteries purchased in the past 24 months only last about 11-12 months.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post