Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #241
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
care to elaborate or post a link or somthing
sorry i dont have a link . it was a story about a farmer, i think in queensland who the govt ruled his land unable to be cleared to increase his farm size because of some carbon ruling .
reading between the lines one can assume it's more about controlling where our food will be coming from and where will the profits be going , not carbon.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #242
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/980...e-summit-opens

The spin begins.....

Quote:
Children were the focus at the opening of the Copenhagen climate summit, which kicked off with an alarming video showing a young girl having a nightmare about global warming.

Thousands of delegates and journalists watched as the girl saw her playground turned into a desert wasteland, and screamed as she battled terrifying floods.
It sounds more like they were watching a clip of 2012 the movie.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #243
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe

The spin begins.....

OMG,if thats the start whats the rest of the propaganda going to be like?

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #244
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:

The spin begins.....

Despicable.
These fraudsters and scam artists perpetuating this "climate change" dogma should all be tried for treason and shot. Notice Kruddy refuses to debate the science with Abbott, and that he has given the liberals another spray of "denialists". And they call Abbott the religious zealot; what about their cultish behaviour?
Abbott is a catholic but he's not trying to push his views on to anyone, Krudd is a warmenista and he's trying to push his views and ETS on the lives of everyone. Who's the zealot?

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 08-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #245
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The spin begins.....

Read the same article.... they are really pulling out all stops to try and convince people of the need to act now (Danish Prime Minister I beleive said its not too late but we must act now)

Now I beleive we should look at improving the enviroment and should cut emissions and reduce waste, simply because it would be good to have a cleaner world in which to live in. However the way this is being pushed and use of children as propoganda concerns me. Why cant they simply submit the facts and discuss that? Interesting that the a lot of the worlds leaders see it fit to fly with their envoys to Copenhagen to discuss climate change yet they fail to mention the carbon cost of doing so....

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
Old 08-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #246
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Absolutely unbelievable....
Old 08-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #247
rodderz

The spin they are putting on this crap is unbelievable. The annoying thing is everyone seems to label the doubters of climate change as conspiracy theorists etc, but there is ample evidence in front of us that the Copenhagen agreement and ETS is about much more than the environment. If you look at the comments on all the stories on the news websites, 90% of people seem to denounce the agreement yet the press doesn't report that side of it.

A bloke from NASA on the ABC Lateline last night was saying that the ETS/Climate change deals are a waste of time as the big companies will always stay with the cheapest forms of energy and running costs, which is what is currently available. They will simply pay the tax, increase prices and keep operating as usual.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #248
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
Interesting that the a lot of the worlds leaders see it fit to fly with their envoys to Copenhagen to discuss climate change yet they fail to mention the carbon cost of doing so....
Good point, why didn't they fly commercial? That would make a statement. Or better yet do it via teleconference.

Kevin's recent trip to the US was an example of something that could have been done over the phone.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #249
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Kevin's recent trip to the US was an example of something that could have been done over the phone.
Unless the topic on the agenda has to be done in person, without the threat of possible heard conversations?
Old 08-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #250
Wally
XP Coupe

Anyone watch James Hansen on Lateline last night?

here's a news trailer to get an idea of his stance:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...ction=business

edit: Aplogies Rodderz, I did didn't see your post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #251
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Anyone watch James Hansen on Lateline last night?

here's a news trailer to get an idea of his stance:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...ction=business

edit: Aplogies Rodderz, I did didn't see your post
yeah saw that. He seemd totally against the ETS, but thought climate change was definately real. I was waiting to hear a question to him on whether there was any natural causes to the climate change ie. weather cycles, but it wasnt asked. He did mention that there has been natural climate change throughout the ages before where there was drought, ice ages and everything inbetween, but didnt mention whether whats happening now was it just happening again.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #252
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz

A bloke from NASA on the ABC Lateline last night was saying that the ETS/Climate change deals are a waste of time as the big companies will always stay with the cheapest forms of energy and running costs, which is what is currently available. They will simply pay the tax, increase prices and keep operating as usual.

I didn't realise he was an economist?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #253
rodderz

For those who don't know a hell of a lot about the deal being done in Copenhagen, and what it involves and who benefits, check out this little vid-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA6FS...layer_embedded

Great video and explains the whole thing easy to understand and gives examples. Cheers to one of the ls1 guys who found it. It really highlights how the system is already being manipulated to suit big business and make millions out of not saving the environment.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #254
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fortunately the Copenhagen Summit has no legally binding treaties, hampering any possible succesfull CPRS/ETS/Cap and Trade system. Australia won't commit if India and China won't commit. The government won't plow ahead with a binding agreement for it knows it will be political suicide now that the opposition doesn't support it.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #255
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last edited by Romulus; 09-12-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 09-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #256
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Loved Tony Abbots closing on Lateline tonight.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #257
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
For those who don't know a hell of a lot about the deal being done in Copenhagen, and what it involves and who benefits, check out this little vid-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA6FS...layer_embedded

Great video and explains the whole thing easy to understand and gives examples. Cheers to one of the ls1 guys who found it. It really highlights how the system is already being manipulated to suit big business and make millions out of not saving the environment.
That video is all well and good, but it assumes that climate change is fact. It certainly exposes the scheme as just a useless tax that will make everyone else rich except the poor consumer.

If governments actually believed climate change existed, and there was nothing financially to be gained in a carbon credit system, they would actually look at implementing real solutions to tackle the problem.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #258
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Yes he tried it on. LOL Tony Jones trapped him though, in accepting James Hansen's assessment, resulting in a bit of back peddling when he realised there was an admission of climate change and a taxation in the mix.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #259
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
He had Tony Jones stumped didn't he. You could see where Jones wanted the discussion to head - I was waiting for Abbott to ask Jones if he thought the NASA scientist believed human interaction was responsible for the last ice age.

Abbott also made a good point about KRudd's last interview on Lateline. He suggested he get the PM on the program and scrutinise his ETS policy.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #260
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVS Super Pursuit
He had Tony Jones stumped didn't he.
Did he? Not from where I was sitting.

As for the KRudd comment at the end, it was probably a case that they haven't been able to get him on the program. Fair point from Abbott, but it is quite common for politicians to avoid interviews unless there is a need to do them.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #261
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Raskovy from One Nation
According to my observations, the biggest contributors / culprits to these problems are the ever increasing number of aeroplane flights, which, with their strong, direct and immediate turbulances and emissions, upset the natural formation of the rain clouds in the Southern hemisphere, which results in 'global warming', because there are not enough rain clouds in the atmosphere to absorb some of the heat of the sun.

In accordance to this reasoning the same thing is responsible for the 'global cooling' in the Northern Hemisphere. Again there are not enough rain clouds to become snow clouds, and thus absorb some of the cold temperature in the process, in the atmosphere, hence the 'global cooling' in the Northern Hemisphere.

I became aware of these occurrences some years ago, when I came out of my house on a semi cloudy day, an aeroplane flew past and I could see the sky was blue approximately 1 metre wide on both sides of the plane. This reminded me of what we were taught in 'nature studies' at school, I believe these days it is called 'environmental science'.
this guy knows the story. meanwhile rudd is off on his taxpayer funded jet making the problem worse by disturbing cloud formations!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #262
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Well I'm waiting for one of the alarmists on here to start ringing the bells on the latest reports, apparantlky the last 6 months will be a definite increase in the average temps.

You know I always thought the average was taken over the whole year not just the 6 months that suits them best. Can you also then please give us the total average figure for the year?? You know like, for the WHOLE year :
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #263
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Yes he tried it on. LOL Tony Jones trapped him though, in accepting James Hansen's assessment, resulting in a bit of back peddling when he realised there was an admission of climate change and a taxation in the mix.

riiiight

And TJ never back pedalled at any point did he, hmmm
Old 09-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #264
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Well I'm waiting for one of the alarmists on here to start ringing the bells on the latest reports, apparantlky the last 6 months will be a definite increase in the average temps.

You know I always thought the average was taken over the whole year not just the 6 months that suits them best. Can you also then please give us the total average figure for the year?? You know like, for the WHOLE year :
Steff... Love ya work!
That was the VERY thing I thought when I heard the past 6 months crap on the news!
The spindoctors are in over-drive at every opportunity with this.
God help us if we have a repeat of another Black Sat. over summer.
Because, NO WAY will it be blamed on lack of back burning, or the greenies keeping plebs from collecting firewood from the bush, or councils stopping people from cutting their trees down!... It'll be blamed fair & square on the almighty climate change!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 09-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #265
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:

An average is just that. We have hot spells and cold snaps, floods and droughts but that is over thousands of years not just in our lifetime. I prefer to go by what the geologist say rather than these so called climate scientists. They seem to forget we are living on a living planet.

Same with water. We know what it is made of but we cannot make it. There is just as much water on the planet as there was millions of years ago - only difference is its distribution.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #266
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been wondering all day if when Mr Rudd gets his turn to address this Copenhagen gabfest if he'll open with the following........."Hi my names Kevin,I'm from Australia and I'm here to help.........."

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 09-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #267
XRQTR
TBA Customs

How ironic, on the same day that we are told we are in the hottest 6 month period in 20 years, this pops up

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...heading-to-wa/

Now before you start speculating the exact point, I believe he says it best when he mentions that this is unique in that it's the most intact an iceberg has remained this far North.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #268
rodderz

Quote:

Bloody oath the amount of media stories coming out as well about how the earth will keel over just about like a baked chip in 5yrs is astounding. All the leading stories the last few days have been about moving icebergs, hottest year in years (isnt every year the hottest?), or some bloke cant enjoy his ice cream any more as global warming melts it in 5 seconds flat.

But i spose there has also been some stories telling it from the other side as well, and the comments section on the news sites seems overwhelmingly very suspicious of the ETS and the treaty. I reckon you could no longer label it as a conspiracy, as everyone seems to realise the scam behind it all now.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #269
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well there is your proof of coming ice age,all the ice bergs are coordinated to collide with W.A. and start forming up into a glacier.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 AM   #270
Bobman
Regulator

We beat many records in this single year alone - 2009 in Victoria.

Doesn't sound normal to me.

There is nothing wrong with reducing pollution, but it should not be at the expense of the little guy.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)