Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #211
500SEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Nah, keep the trumpet player and get rid of the driving instructor (Steve Pizzatti). He is far too contrived, over the top and scripted; he tries too hard.
Yeah maybe you're right.... I think James is best when actually driving and testing the cars.. then he comes into his own. He's not so good at the fooling around or acting, which doesn't really impress me at any time... and yes, the driving instructor does try too hard (to immitate Richard Hammond?). So that leaves James and the cartoonist :-)
500SEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #212
ZC001
Cruisin

WORST EPISODE EVER !

What was that armoured car rubbish ? Why wouldn't you leave that story on the cutting room floor ? It's not like they spent so much money or time on it that it had to go to air. Not in any way funny or entertaining. Like the winner of a worst show on community television award. They should have just replaced it with dead air - more viewers would come back next week.

"WHAT WERE THEY THINKING" :
ZC001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #213
Poorboy_racer

Anyone know what Steve (whatever his name is) t-shirt was all about? Must have ment something the way he was prancing about in it.
Poorboy_racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #214
InTrail

After tonight's episode, I've told the wife I won't be needing the remote on Monday nights... At least not until the UK series returns.

Duelling lawn mowers, musical exhaust pipes, Steve screwing his face up every 5 seconds.... no more for moi.
Old 15-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #215
ottoS13
Rat

the slide attempts in the nissans were terrible
Old 16-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #216
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought last weeks episode with the armoured cars was rubbish,then this week half the show was worse than that, and to think i stuck up for the show in the first few episodes.
when they employed that halfwit cartoonist and James Morrison
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #217
XR8320
"You were amazing"

They should have employed me, I may be biased but my application and video was way better than what those tossers can do.
XR8320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #218
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

I now feel embarrassed when i here TOP GEAR and AUSTRALIA used in the same sentence.......

Most pathetic episode ever.......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 10:19 AM   #219
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Jeez you lot are hard to please.

It's funny - every week after TGA, you get people posting here about how lame/boring/Holden biased the show is and how they will never watch it, yet come the next episode, they are right back here saying the same thing as they did last week!

If you say you won't watch it, then bloody well don't, so the people who actually like the show don't have to listen to your whinging every week.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #220
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well said Peuty

i havnt seen the last 2 eposodes can someone put a link to them thanks

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #221
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I saw about 10 minutes and switched it off. Yes I am aware it is only their second season, but I find the comparisons to top gear UK's early years to be silly, as they were testing a new formula. Top Gear Aus is using a proven formula and they still can't get that right. The car tests are pathetic.
One final thought, last night watching up until the nissans allegedly powersliding I thought to myself; where's the Aurion or G6E or any other normal sedan on this show? Answer, Ford and others won't send them cars after the way they trashed them in the previous series

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #222
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well lets see.

370Z fun and then stig test. Ok they did not spend 500 hours at a drag strip trying to get 0.000001 second quicker but it was pretty good, especially showing how well the VDC worked. (also glad that it is not lightyears better than the 350Z )

The mower challenge, was that more or less silly than the rocket propelled bubble car or the cessna vs veyron truffle express or the jumping off the mountain that the poms did?

The ancient car ad, FORD???? what were they thinking. How can you have total holden bias when you show FORD ads.

Star in a bog standard car, well hey, I have actually heard of these people and they are quite entertaining. How many poms would admit they spewed or happily drive a manual in a national TV program when they had never done so before?

Musical car bits, you have one of the top jazz musicians in the world as a host and you do not use him, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING....

The Pontiac G8, even with your anti holden super undies on you have to be a bit proud that we exported then things back there and they think they are better than the home grown variety. Did anyone else notice it had BREMBO brakes?

I don't give a rat's bum about the antis, I like it and record it every week so I can watch it more than once.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #223
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Thumbs down

Nah ... not for me. I just cringe.
I'll wait for english repeats.
Tucool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #224
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well lets see.

370Z fun and then stig test. Ok they did not spend 500 hours at a drag strip trying to get 0.000001 second quicker but it was pretty good, especially showing how well the VDC worked. (also glad that it is not lightyears better than the 350Z )

The mower challenge, was that more or less silly than the rocket propelled bubble car or the cessna vs veyron truffle express or the jumping off the mountain that the poms did?

The ancient car ad, FORD???? what were they thinking. How can you have total holden bias when you show FORD ads.

Star in a bog standard car, well hey, I have actually heard of these people and they are quite entertaining. How many poms would admit they spewed or happily drive a manual in a national TV program when they had never done so before?

Musical car bits, you have one of the top jazz musicians in the world as a host and you do not use him, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING....

The Pontiac G8, even with your anti holden super undies on you have to be a bit proud that we exported then things back there and they think they are better than the home grown variety. Did anyone else notice it had BREMBO brakes?

I don't give a rat's bum about the antis, I like it and record it every week so I can watch it more than once.
Fair enough mate, my problem is that I have all the UK DVD's including season 10 in a boxset so the temptation to change from something I find a little mediocre to something outstanding is always too great for mine.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #225
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

Less than a week to go till the real deal TopGear UK is back on!!! utorrent will be going nuts next monday!!!!!! first up will be a race between Jeremy on a steam train, James in an XK120 Jaguar and Richard on a Vincent Black Shadow! man i'm itching for it.

Would love them to hurry up and review the GTHO but it'll be the annoying facial hair man complaining that its crap :( the 4wd segment next week looks interesting though!

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #226
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure what people want from this show, i think its pretty good, kind of funny and light hearted with an Auto slant..

Maybe we could have Top Gear: Punchbowl or Broady…..

Hosts could be Warwick Caper and The “Boom” chick..

First episode could have a Maccas run in ugg boots and moccasins through some burnt out 15” “interceptor" rims, first to get their value meal back to the car without spilling anything while talking to their “bro’s” or some sic “bitchez” on their mobile wins. ..

Tests could include AU v VT doughy comp on the local footy oval, followed by “drifting” the Kmart car park.. during business hours of coarse just to make it interesting…

The special "celeb" guest for the week could be “Trent form punchy” and the weekly course to navigate would be a lap of Dandenong Maccas carpark including the drive through lane, car of choice for this challenge: V or E series of coarse!!. With interceptors on the rear, alteza’s and lowered.

Old 16-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #227
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Not sure what people want from this show, i think its pretty good, kind of funny and light hearted with an Auto slant..

Maybe we could have Top Gear: Punchbowl or Broady…..

Hosts could be Warwick Caper and The “Boom” chick..

First episode could have a Maccas run in ugg boots and moccasins through some burnt out 15” “interceptor" rims, first to get their value meal back to the car without spilling anything while talking to their “bro’s” or some sic “bitchez” on their mobile wins. ..

Tests could include AU v VT doughy comp on the local footy oval, followed by “drifting” the Kmart car park.. during business hours of coarse just to make it interesting…

The special "celeb" guest for the week could be “Trent form punchy” and the weekly course to navigate would be a lap of Dandenong Maccas carpark including the drive through lane, car of choice for this challenge: V or E series of coarse!!. With interceptors on the rear, alteza’s and lowered.
4V, don't you think though that the challenges are getting a little more and more ridiculous, and not in a good way?

Quote: