Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-12-2022, 09:10 AM   #2161
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

I used Turtle Wax spray 30 years ago on my cars. Was pleased to come across this is SuperDuper recently. I apply it to the out-doors car after every wash. Great beading and makes to dirt come off easier.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...&sz=60&start=3

I'm onto my second bottle now.

I haven't been one to spend too much time on cleaning cars in the past but have started acquiring little things that make better use of my time and a better outcome like detailing brushes.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-12-2022, 06:57 PM   #2162
ford12

Hyper dressing.
Bottle says spray liberally under hood and allow to dry.
24 hours later, it ain't dry, wet to look at and wet to the touch.
Any advice out there.
Thanks
ford12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2022, 08:00 PM   #2163
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford12 View Post
Hyper dressing.
Bottle says spray liberally under hood and allow to dry.
24 hours later, it ain't dry, wet to look at and wet to the touch.
Any advice out there.
Thanks
That's extremely unusual.

In the past, I have only had a few drips and drops left over after 24 hours, which is then just given a quick level with a towel.

A couple of questions -

-Did you apply it to a wet engine bay or dry?

-How liberally are we talking? Enough to have a fine mist over all surfaces or literally dripping wet?

-What has been the ambient temperature when applied?

On this Mazda, I had just cleaned the engine bay, so the surfaces were still wet before application.

I then sprayed the whole engine bay with Hyper Dressing.

The next day I wiped up any remaining product that had not dried.

In your case, I would level it down with a towel, perhaps even use some compressed air or a blower to distribute the dressing from the various cracks and crevices, relevel with the towel.

I would be interested to see some pics if you can, as I said, this is most unusual for Hyper Dressing.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2022, 09:03 PM   #2164
ford12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
That's extremely unusual.

In the past, I have only had a few drips and drops left over after 24 hours, which is then just given a quick level with a towel.

A couple of questions -

-Did you apply it to a wet engine bay or dry?

-How liberally are we talking? Enough to have a fine mist over all surfaces or literally dripping wet?

-What has been the ambient temperature when applied?

On this Mazda, I had just cleaned the engine bay, so the surfaces were still wet before application.

I then sprayed the whole engine bay with Hyper Dressing.

The next day I wiped up any remaining product that had not dried.

In your case, I would level it down with a towel, perhaps even use some compressed air or a blower to distribute the dressing from the various cracks and crevices, relevel with the towel.

I would be interested to see some pics if you can, as I said, this is most unusual for Hyper Dressing.
Applied to an engine bay that had been washed using orange agent rinsed and then blown down with compressed air.
Applied liberally. Fine to heavy spray.
Temp has been over 20, Im in Melbourne.
It literally feels.like I have sprayed it with engine oil.
Product is the pre mixed.fron Repco.
Old 23-12-2022, 09:26 PM   #2165
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Applied to an engine bay that had been washed using orange agent rinsed and then blown down with compressed air.
Applied liberally. Fine to heavy spray.
Temp has been over 20, Im in Melbourne.
It literally feels.like I have sprayed it with engine oil.
Product is the pre mixed.fron Repco.
Ok, I think I have found the problem.

There are two ways to buy Hyper Dressing, Undiluted in gallon size and pre-diluted RTU.

These are the dilution ratios for Hyper Dressing -

High Gloss RTU/1:1
Medium Gloss 2:1
Satin Finish 3:1
Natural Finish 4:1

Note that the RTU has a 1:1 dilution for high gloss.

In the pics above, I have Hyper Dressing diluted at 3:1 for a satin finish.

In your case, I would wipe down the engine way with a damp towel, then next time dilute the product further to reduce the gloss.
Mustang GT

Old 23-12-2022, 09:35 PM   #2166
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

How did you miss this DFB? there must be more stuff you need want

https://www.detailstore.com.au/?utm_...KOAo%3D.HGr735
Old 23-12-2022, 09:42 PM   #2167
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
How did you miss this DFB? there must be more stuff you need want

https://www.detailstore.com.au/?utm_...KOAo%3D.HGr735
I was just about to post that, was typing it as you post appeared...............
and I may be placing an order right now!

The Detail Store have made their Boxing Day sale live, up to 30% off selected products.

Code : BOXINGDAY2022
Mustang GT

Old 23-12-2022, 09:51 PM   #2168
ford12

Quote:
Ok, I think I have found the problem.

There are two ways to buy Hyper Dressing, Undiluted in gallon size and pre-diluted RTU.

These are the dilution ratios for Hyper Dressing -

High Gloss RTU/1:1
Medium Gloss 2:1
Satin Finish 3:1
Natural Finish 4:1

Note that the RTU has a 1:1 dilution for high gloss.

In the pics above, I have Hyper Dressing diluted at 3:1 for a satin finish.

In your case, I would wipe down the engine way with a damp towel, then next time dilute the product further to reduce the gloss.
Does this make it feel dry to the touch ?
Old 23-12-2022, 10:09 PM   #2169
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Does this make it feel dry to the touch ?
It will be slightly slick but should absolutely be dry.
Mustang GT

Old 24-12-2022, 02:13 PM   #2170
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

So, just want to give a huge wrap for Nova Evo ceramic coating.

I've now coated 3 of my dailies with it and couldn't be happier. The slickness, hydrophobic ability, level of protection and gloss it provides is excellent.

Where i work there is a crazy amount of tree sap and pollen. It just sticks itself to the tops of the car. Even with Nova Lustre, removing the sap was almost impossible, once washed off it still left marks that would require a light correction to remove. With the Nova Evo coating once NV Snow foam is used and then high pressure, it gets it all the sap off and then the sponge wash gets the remnant marks off.

With the AU Sportman i only did the roof, bonnet and boot as a test about 6 months ago. Nova Lustre is on the sides. There is a noticeable difference in ease of washing and hydrophobic ability between the two. Everything just rinses off Evo so easily.

With the G6ET it made the Seduce paint a deeper colour and in the sun the change in the appearance is very noticeable, it looks amazing.

I did a correction and coating on the Territory two weeks ago and we just did a 1000km trip and it got smashed with bugs as we drove at night. Yesterday I went to a car wash to use the high pressure water and see if I could get them off as I can't wash the car where I am and they had been baked on for 2 days in the sun. Just using water, it literally cleaned the car so well and got the bugs off that there is no need to wash it. Well there is a need to wash it, but it got all the bugs and guts off and left no marks.

I've waited 6 months to write this as I was not a fan of CQUK 3.0 at all. It was horrible to apply and pretty much performed worse than a good spray sealant does. I wouldn't use a ceramic coating on my weekend cars but for the dailies I am sold on Nova Evo. It's easy to apply, only needs one coat and from what i've read it will last a minimum of two years out in the elements with no upkeep.

I haven't used any toppers at all as Waxit said there is no need. I will probably hit the G6ET with some NV Boost 2 and see how it goes.
Old 24-12-2022, 08:46 PM   #2171
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
So, just want to give a huge wrap for Nova Evo ceramic coating.

I've now coated 3 of my dailies with it and couldn't be happier. The slickness, hydrophobic ability, level of protection and gloss it provides is excellent.

Where i work there is a crazy amount of tree sap and pollen. It just sticks itself to the tops of the car. Even with Nova Lustre, removing the sap was almost impossible, once washed off it still left marks that would require a light correction to remove. With the Nova Evo coating once NV Snow foam is used and then high pressure, it gets it all the sap off and then the sponge wash gets the remnant marks off.

With the AU Sportman i only did the roof, bonnet and boot as a test about 6 months ago. Nova Lustre is on the sides. There is a noticeable difference in ease of washing and hydrophobic ability between the two. Everything just rinses off Evo so easily.

With the G6ET it made the Seduce paint a deeper colour and in the sun the change in the appearance is very noticeable, it looks amazing.

I did a correction and coating on the Territory two weeks ago and we just did a 1000km trip and it got smashed with bugs as we drove at night. Yesterday I went to a car wash to use the high pressure water and see if I could get them off as I can't wash the car where I am and they had been baked on for 2 days in the sun. Just using water, it literally cleaned the car so well and got the bugs off that there is no need to wash it. Well there is a need to wash it, but it got all the bugs and guts off and left no marks.

I've waited 6 months to write this as I was not a fan of CQUK 3.0 at all. It was horrible to apply and pretty much performed worse than a good spray sealant does. I wouldn't use a ceramic coating on my weekend cars but for the dailies I am sold on Nova Evo. It's easy to apply, only needs one coat and from what i've read it will last a minimum of two years out in the elements with no upkeep.

I haven't used any toppers at all as Waxit said there is no need. I will probably hit the G6ET with some NV Boost 2 and see how it goes.
What's the flash time like on EVO?

I do note Waxit/NV recommend Jet as a topper -

"To keep Nova EVO performing at its best level, we recommend using the quick spray and wipe Nova Jet every couple of months."

I do wonder how Jet would affect the water behavior of EVO though.
Mustang GT

Old 24-12-2022, 10:11 PM   #2172
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
What's the flash time like on EVO?

I do note Waxit/NV recommend Jet as a topper -

"To keep Nova EVO performing at its best level, we recommend using the quick spray and wipe Nova Jet every couple of months."

I do wonder how Jet would affect the water behavior of EVO though.
Flash time is straight away, as soon as im finished the section I'll wipe it straight off and then level it off with a second microfibre. I found if you apply too much it will smear but that's easily fixed when levelling. I've done the Territory, G6E Turbo and the tops of the Sportsman and still have 10ml left. I was confident in doing side panels split in half and roof and bonnet in 4.

I spoke with waxit and they now suggested Nova Boost V2 over Jet if i was to apply a topper, but they said it's unnecessary to use a topper. I'm not sure of Boosts Hydrophic ability yet as I haven't used V2, so I might just give it a go on the Sportsman as another test and see how it goes. Either way, the Territory won't get a topper as I want to see how long Evo lasts and the Territory is out in the elements all day every day through temps ranging from 45 degrees down to minus 10 degrees.
Old 24-12-2022, 10:18 PM   #2173
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Flash time is straight away, as soon as im finished the section I'll wipe it straight off and then level it off with a second microfibre. I found if you apply too much it will smear but that's easily fixed when levelling. I've done the Territory, G6E Turbo and the tops of the Sportsman and still have 10ml left. I was confident in doing side panels split in half and roof and bonnet in 4.

I spoke with waxit and they now suggested Nova Boost V2 over Jet if i was to apply a topper, but they said it's unnecessary to use a topper. I'm not sure of Boosts Hydrophic ability yet as I haven't used V2, so I might just give it a go on the Sportsman as another test and see how it goes. Either way, the Territory won't get a topper as I want to see how long Evo lasts and the Territory is out in the elements all day every day through temps ranging from 45 degrees down to minus 10 degrees.
Thanks for the insights.

Boost v2 has great hydrophobics, just use it as a drying aid and you should be good. Waxit pulled Boost v2 from the market due to a contaminated batch, but it will be back on sale soon.

Boost v1 is very different, it's actually removed at the next wash with a pH neutral soap, taking contaminants away with it.

I prefer v2 as it feels more substantial.
Mustang GT

Old 24-12-2022, 10:40 PM   #2174
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Thanks for the insights.

Boost v2 has great hydrophobics, just use it as a drying aid and you should be good. Waxit pulled Boost v2 from the market due to a contaminated batch, but it will be back on sale soon.

Boost v1 is very different, it's actually removed at the next wash with a pH neutral soap, taking contaminants away with it.

I prefer v2 as it feels more substantial.
No worries mate, it's good and bad having older cars that need lots of correction etc. My P250 and G6ET are the only ones in my stable with zero imperfections and especially the P250, took a hell of a lot of work to get it to where it is.

I've got a 250ml bottle of boost V2, I just haven't tried it yet. That's the problem with 3 cars now ceramic coated. I have 500ml of Lustre, 250ml of Jet and 250ml of Boost V2. I only need to do the P250 once a year as its in my dust sealed garage and i only wash it 2 or 3 times a year max. So that only leaves the Rebel which is in the same boat as the P250. So i've now got all this product which I won't use much.

I did lustre and jet on Monday on the P250 but now wish i used Collinite 845 as I really wanted to see if there was a difference. It was just quicker and easier to use Lustre and then Jet rather than 845. Might play around with the rebel as I want to do another finishing polishing stage on it, to refine it some more and get even more shine.
Old 24-12-2022, 11:04 PM   #2175
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
No worries mate, it's good and bad having older cars that need lots of correction etc. My P250 and G6ET are the only ones in my stable with zero imperfections and especially the P250, took a hell of a lot of work to get it to where it is.

I've got a 250ml bottle of boost V2, I just haven't tried it yet. That's the problem with 3 cars now ceramic coated. I have 500ml of Lustre, 250ml of Jet and 250ml of Boost V2. I only need to do the P250 once a year as its in my dust sealed garage and i only wash it 2 or 3 times a year max. So that only leaves the Rebel which is in the same boat as the P250. So i've now got all this product which I won't use much.

I did lustre and jet on Monday on the P250 but now wish i used Collinite 845 as I really wanted to see if there was a difference. It was just quicker and easier to use Lustre and then Jet rather than 845. Might play around with the rebel as I want to do another finishing polishing stage on it, to refine it some more and get even more shine.
Make sure you open the bottle of Boost v2 and have a sniff before you use it. I have a feeling the bad batch was due to cross contamination with either Purge or Purify, so you will know pretty quickly if your bottle was in the bad batch. Boost v2 is not a scented product anyway, very similar to Carpro EliXir.

I have topped Collinite 845 with Nova Jet and they play well together. You get the best of both worlds with that combination, slickness and warmth of 845 and the extreme water repellency of Jet.
Mustang GT

Old 24-12-2022, 11:28 PM   #2176
Late braker

Lately I’ve been using Meguiars Quick Wax (yellow/black) spray bottle. Ridiculous water beading- best results I have had. The water doesn’t stop beading and the chamois can’t soak it up.
What is a good alloy wheel cleaner? The stock 17inch XR6 alloy wheels.
Late braker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2022, 12:06 AM   #2177
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late braker View Post
Lately I’ve been using Meguiars Quick Wax (yellow/black) spray bottle. Ridiculous water beading- best results I have had. The water doesn’t stop beading and the chamois can’t soak it up.
What is a good alloy wheel cleaner? The stock 17inch XR6 alloy wheels.
Couple of options for you -

NV Purge - this is an iron removing wheel cleaner, meaning it reacts with iron contaminants, changing colour in the process. These wheels were treated with Purge, left to soak for a couple of minutes and then hosed off with a pressure washer, no touch in other words.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...nt=29292468177

P&S Brake Buster - this is a non-acid wheel and tyre cleaner. Brake Buster can be diluted but I generally use it at full strength for full ability.

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...18503701233721

If you prefer to buy at a local store, have a look into Bowden's Wheely Clean (similar to NV Purge) or Meguiar's Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner (similar to Brake Buster) -

https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...SAAEgJqOvD_BwE
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...332/p/A5576811

Mustang GT

Old 25-12-2022, 07:32 PM   #2178
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Car Care Products are running a Boxing Day sale -

Up to 20% off GYEON
Up to 15% off the AVA Pressure Washers
Up to 20% off the Nextzett range
Up to 20% off across the Duragloss range
Up to 15% off the BLO Range
Up to 20% off other brands including Mint, Stjarnagloss, Ethos, Sonax, DODO and more
Up to 40% off selected items

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/

Adam's have also launched their Boxing Day sale -

25% off
Use the code AP25

https://adamspolishes.com.au/
Mustang GT

Old 25-12-2022, 11:31 PM   #2179
Late braker

Quote:
Couple of options for you -

NV Purge - this is an iron removing wheel cleaner, meaning it reacts with iron contaminants, changing colour in the process. These wheels were treated with Purge, left to soak for a couple of minutes and then hosed off with a pressure washer, no touch in other words.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...nt=29292468177

P&S Brake Buster - this is a non-acid wheel and tyre cleaner. Brake Buster can be diluted but I generally use it at full strength for full ability.

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...18503701233721

If you prefer to buy at a local store, have a look into Bowden's Wheely Clean (similar to NV Purge) or Meguiar's Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner (similar to Brake Buster) -

https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...SAAEgJqOvD_BwE
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...332/p/A5576811

Thanks! I don’t have a pressure washer. Would those be ok to use if I just use the hose/trigger spray to rinse off thoroughly? Looking perhaps at either the Bowden’s or the Meguiars.
Late braker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2022, 11:41 PM   #2180
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late braker View Post
Thanks! I don’t have a pressure washer. Would those be ok to use if I just use the hose/trigger spray to rinse off thoroughly? Looking perhaps at either the Bowden’s or the Meguiars.
The pressure washer just speeds things up, so no worries using a hose.

Repco have 20% off at the moment, bringing the cost of both Bowden's and Meguiar's.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...heel%20cleaner

I would also have a close look at Gyeon Q²M Iron Wheel Cleaner, also available at Repco -

Another option, Meguiar's Iron Removing Spray Clay can also be used as a wheel cleaner -

https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...earch=meguiars
Mustang GT

Old 26-12-2022, 07:02 PM   #2181
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

For those who aren't on the Waxit mailing list, they launched their Boxing Day sale today.

Discounts range up to 50% off, no code required.

A couple of highlights -

-For those who love Carpro Reset, it's currently at 24% off. A 500ml bottle is $21.38, a 1lt bottle is $31.88 and 4lt at $97.88. Brilliant pricing for the best soap on the market.
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/ca...iant=799687237

-The rest of the Carpro range is discounted between 20 to 40%. Perl is at a great price, like wise Eraser, ReTyre, TarX and the DabDab wash mitt.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/carpro?page=1

-Also on soaps, Shine Supply Shift is at 20% off, 473ml is $27.16 and 3.78lt at $95.72. I love this soap, smells awesome too.
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/sh...30220385976409

-The NV range is listed at 35% off across the range.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/nv-car-care

-The Shine Mate polisher and pad range is discounted between 25 to 68%. This would be a great time to buy a polisher or restock on pads.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/shine-mate

-Rupes is only at 15% off, but if you like their pads, it's a good time to save on these more premium items. Likewise on Lake Country pads with up to 40% off.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/rupes
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/carpro?page=1

Happy shopping!
Mustang GT

5 users like this post:
Old 26-12-2022, 10:34 PM   #2182
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

35% off NV is huge
Old 26-12-2022, 10:48 PM   #2183
prydey
Rob

Quote:
35% off NV is huge
Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to resist that.
Old 26-12-2022, 10:51 PM   #2184
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to resist that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
35% off NV is huge
It's certainly aggressive pricing, the most from any of the usual suppliers this year.
Mustang GT

Old 26-12-2022, 11:18 PM   #2185
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I just got another 4L of reset and a few other things to make up free shipping
Old 27-12-2022, 10:05 AM   #2186
jgmdat

I couldn't resist, now well and truly stocked up on NV products.
jgmdat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2022, 03:55 PM   #2187
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I may have gone nuts at Waxit...............and Car Care Products.........and The Detail Store................
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2022, 08:29 PM   #2188
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The first of three Boxing Day orders, this one being from The Detail Store.

Any time Koch Chemie GSF is on sale is a good thing. At $53.95 for a 1L bottle, any discount is welcomed, in this case 10% off.

Next, two new-to-me Angelwax products, FastFoam and ELIXIR tyre dressing. Interestingly, both of these products are unscented.

https://www.detailstore.com.au/produ...32482266218551
https://www.detailstore.com.au/produ...dressing-500ml

The Rag Company Pearl Applicator Sponge is something handy to have in stock, used for applying dressings on the interior and exterior. I also use them for glass cleaning and applying ceramic coatings.

https://www.detailstore.com.au/produ...39439071019063

And......................I finally succumbed to giving one of these a try...........

https://www.detailstore.com.au/produ...acid-resistant

This is the iK MULTI Pro 2 sprayer and not the more popular iK FOAM Pro 2 foamer. I will be using this for applying pre-soak rinse-less products, the foaming version is useless for me as I just use a foam cannon.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2022, 07:18 PM   #2189
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Boxing Day order number two, this one from Car Care Products...........

I have been eyeing Nextzett Cockpit Premium for a while now, I forgot about it for a while after discovering how brilliant P&S Express was. What I like about both Express and the Cockpit is that it doesn't make the interior shiny. And yes, it does have a slight "urinal cake" scent to it, not as bad as you would think though and somewhat similar to all the other lemon scented interior cleaners on the market. (Side note, why does it seem all interior cleaners/detailers are lemon scented?)

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/n...ner-500ml.html

Now that Meguiar's M39 has been discontinued, I'm on the lookout for a product that can replace it. M39 was a pretty obscure product, one that was typically bought by the body shop industry, but it had an amazing ability to deep clean unpainted black plastic parts. Think door handles, grills, exterior trims ect.

I noticed that Nextzett make a product called Plastikreinigner (Plastic Deep Cleaner) which may just be the replacement for M39.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/n...ner-500ml.html

Gyeon Q2M Ceramic Detailer is another take on a lite spray sealant detailer/drying aid. I have heard conflicting stories about this product, some love it, some say it's terrible. I guess I will find out soon enough.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/g...ler-400ml.html

The black Mint applicators are just super useful to have around, I use these for applying tyre dressing, even though they were primarily designed for wax and sealant application.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/m...pplicator.html

And the white Gyeon tube is actually an insulated water bottle, because why not?

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/g...tle-white.html
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2022, 06:25 PM   #2190
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Just a quick one on leather cleaning. This is from a seat that by all accounts is "clean" I knew it wasn't but just want to show on here how filth leather can be, even though it looks clean. This is only on the bolster, the centre sections were even worse. I didn't have strong leather cleaner on hand so did two passes with the mild.

Before

I generally use Colourlock leather cleaner with a brush

That is all the filth from just that bolster with one clean

You can see the difference in how the bolster is now a nice matt finish compared to the filthy centre section