Old 18-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #181
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: FPV Facebook teaser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
Channel 10 did a good peice on it...
I saw that. Repeated and expanded on ch10 The Project later.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #182
leighm

So am I correct in saying that the GT is the same as the one before the R-Spec?

They have adopted none of the suspension tweaks or wide rear wheels in this GT?

The R-Spec was praised for being able to accelerate and corner...... if they have dumped all the R-Spec goodies I ask why if the investment has already been made?
leighm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #183
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighm View Post

The R-Spec was praised for being able to accelerate and corner...... if they have dumped all the R-Spec goodies I ask why if the investment has already been made?
Because ....... the RSpec was a limited run: a Special Edition with limited numbers. FG11 GT is only a NEW model ..... there has been no indication from anyone that a new model was on its way ...... if they bought a new model out now it would upset those that have just purchased ...... new models or series are not introduced at a whim ....... The GT RSpec is still available if you want one ...... are you buying one at the moment or in the market? Get a LE RSpec. Still a few out there.

If you bought an RSpec last month ..... wouldn't you be ****ed that it is now the norm at a starting price of $68,000.00 ?????? I would be because my car has only done 25,000 k;s and would be annoyed that a new version comes out every 6 months! Devalue the brand or what!!!!

WHEN a new model or the series is actually updated, then you will most probably see the RSpec bits make its way to the slow, vinyl floored with AM radio & cassette player 2 speaker, 125kw GT" .......... the old under-dash A/C and bench seat could be updated I suppose.

Nothing has been 'DUMPED' ........ the model continues THANKS TO FORD for saving the brand, bringing it in-house and continuing the legacy of the GT name plate. Keeping jobs in Aust and making a freaking awesome car that I love driving every single day of the week.

ISN'T THAT GREAT NEWS????????????? BRILLIANT I WOULD THINK!!!!!!

Looking for the negatives but not finding them really!

WOOOHOOOO ........

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 19-02-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #184
EVLKNEVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighm View Post

It's not a new model. It's an FG MkII GT the same as before. the R-Spec was obviously a limited edition car with limited edition upgrades, over and above the FG MkII GT.

I would make the assumption that the developments on the R-Spec are likely to be implemented when the FG MkII is superseded.

Perhaps Ford/FPV are not very vocal about their operations and future plans because every time they make the slightest peep, people sprout from everywhere demanding a mechanical upgrade, price cut or increase to the bell/whistle count.

This shift in operations was a really big deal within Ford, and they have every right to show their excitement at the prospect of building the GT at Broadmeadows once again; But effectively it's of little consequence to the consumer, and not worth criticising or complaining about.
EVLKNEVL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #185
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Yes mate your right in that its 245 rears etc Pre RSpec. I'm not sure about the suspension.

To be fair I've not long put the 9" rear rims with 275 sport max tyres on my 'ordinary' 335 and it has made an incredible difference. I'm not sure i can keep up with my mates RSpec out of a corner, but I'd be willing to try.

As I said , this was about continuity. To get 2 production lines moves and set up in a few weeks is a massive job. Now that's done lets see where we go from here.

Maybe the RSpec goodies as you call will re appear at some time. If not the RSpec owners did get something special for the extra cash. Not such a bad thing to protect people who actually invested in the product.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #186
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post
Yes mate your right in that its 245 rears etc Pre RSpec. I'm not sure about the suspension.

To be fair I've not long put the 9" rear rims with 275 sport max tyres on my 'ordinary' 335 and it has made an incredible difference. I'm not sure i can keep up with my mates RSpec out of a corner, but I'd be willing to try.

As I said , this was about continuity. To get 2 production lines moves and set up in a few weeks is a massive job. Now that's done lets see where we go from here.

Maybe the RSpec goodies as you call will re appear at some time. If not the RSpec owners did get something special for the extra cash. Not such a bad thing to protect people who actually invested in the product.
I know which tyres might make the car quicker ..... but I know which one is a hell of a lot more fun

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-02-2013, 12:47 AM   #187
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVLKNEVL View Post

Perhaps Ford/FPV are not very vocal about their operations and future plans.....
In fact they acknowledged they are deliberately quiet about their future plans and will remain so. They understand the speculation like happens on this forum can be at times detrimental, but it is not their intention to pre announce anything.

But let's look a the facts here we are, only a few short months since the end of FPV manufacturing was announced and few weeks from when the end of FPV as brand was speculated upon as was the deletion of most of the model range. In the end, no such dire consequences, just the status quo, and a belting for that.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #188
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
I know which tyres might make the car quicker ..... but I know which one is a hell of a lot more fun
I know too. And you are 100% correct.
Old 19-02-2013, 01:04 AM   #189
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

I don't suppose anyone taped the Channel 10 story and can uploaded it YouTube please?
Cheers.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #190
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
I don't suppose anyone taped the Channel 10 story and can uploaded it YouTube please?
Cheers.
x2. That would be great if someone could help out. Loved the Ford/FPV video.

Cheers!
Old 19-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #191
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Might get flamed for this? But I reckon they should of dropped FPV and badge the GT's as Ford. I'm not saying take all the goodies away, just stop badging them as FPV. This is not ment to offend any of you FPV owners. It's just the GT came out badge as Fords back in the day, it would of been good to see it returned. And I know they didn't have the blue oval on them but still had the lettering.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #192
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
Might get flamed for this? But I reckon they should of dropped FPV and badge the GT's as Ford. I'm not saying take all the goodies away, just stop badging them as FPV. This is not ment to offend any of you FPV owners. It's just the GT came out badge as Fords back in the day, it would of been good to see it returned. And I know they didn't have the blue oval on them but still had the lettering.
No offence taken here. I grew up in the era of Ford FALCON GT's; I would love my car to have been badged Ford Falcon GT-RSPEC.
Old 19-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #193
leighm

Quote:
Because ....... the RSpec was a limited run: a Special Edition with limited numbers. FG11 GT is only a NEW model ..... there has been no indication from anyone that a new model was on its way ...... if they bought a new model out now it would upset those that have just purchased ...... new models or series are not introduced at a whim ....... The GT RSpec is still available if you want one ...... are you buying one at the moment or in the market? Get a LE RSpec. Still a few out there.

If you bought an RSpec last month ..... wouldn't you be ****ed that it is now the norm at a starting price of $68,000.00 ?????? I would be because my car has only done 25,000 k;s and would be annoyed that a new version comes out every 6 months! Devalue the brand or what!!!!

WHEN a new model or the series is actually updated, then you will most probably see the RSpec bits make its way to the slow, vinyl floored with AM radio & cassette player 2 speaker, 125kw GT" .......... the old under-dash A/C and bench seat could be updated I suppose.

Nothing has been 'DUMPED' ........ the model continues THANKS TO FORD for saving the brand, bringing it in-house and continuing the legacy of the GT name plate. Keeping jobs in Aust and making a freaking awesome car that I love driving every single day of the week.

ISN'T THAT GREAT NEWS????????????? BRILLIANT I WOULD THINK!!!!!!

Looking for the negatives but not finding them really!

WOOOHOOOO ........
I agree with most you say. I guess being a fan of anything be it cars, football etc means you want your team to be on top meaning bringing your A game week in week out. The R-Spec almost nailed that A -game, it is very damned close by all reports compared to the opposition. That is where I am coming from.

It would be interesting to know if the sale of GTs increased during the R-Spec limited edition run or if they were steady as usual? I guess this could have some indication of what the public want from FPV's products?

As for which tyres are more fun is irrelevant when the name of the game is control for a brand new car.

Hats off to Ford and FPV for bringing the best engine to ever be in an Australian car which includes plenty of Aussie engineering. Let's hope the future is bright.
leighm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #194
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
As weird as it might be ..... I too would like falcon on the bum again next to GT. miss the ford badge on mine as it is no where to be seen.

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #195
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

I also thank Ford Australia for saving FPR and the loved GT and not letting an iconic car die an undeserving death.

That video of the GT at Ford shows how much passion, dedication and effort Ford Oz have towards the car and I for one appreciate it.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #196
Kayos
Lag = hang onto something

http://www.carsales.com.au/videos/la...mes-home-35145

Some previous rides: Ef mont, RX7tt series VI, BM coupes, TE50, BA ghia, BA XR6t

Current rides: G6E blk/Cshmr, Chrysler by Chrysler no.1, Chrysler by Chrysler no.2
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #197
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
The only people dissapointed will be those who stupidly thought that a 500kw Awd coupe was being released.
You forgot the HO badge and some delusional price. Usual sooking regardless of what is done.
Old 20-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #198
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
You forgot the HO badge and some delusional price. Usual sooking regardless of what is done.
Along the lines of .....

"Great! Falcon HO 428 just been announced with heated seats and 4 cup holders ....... I am going to buy one! Oh ... they want how much? That's more than a std GT! Sorry ..... will stick with my VN thanks."

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #199
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Fantastic that Ford continue to back our beloved falcon and especially the GT!

I don't know about others, but I think it would have been cool if Ford rolled out the first car in old colours, maybe what was offered as the paint option on the last one that was built in house. Something to really tap into the fact it's a special car and mark the occasion. Just like the retro Bathurst event we witnessed. I think they missed out with the last of the Fairlane's by keeping it stock and white
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #200
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Along the lines of .....

"Great! Falcon HO 428 just been announced with heated seats and 4 cup holders ....... I am going to buy one! Oh ... they want how much? That's more than a GT or a new Chrysler hemi with HEAPS of cup holders and heated 6 channel digital Foxtel receivers."
Fixed it for you!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post