Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #181
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycles4eva
http://australianmusclecarsales.com....00-shell-helix
this with some spare change suits me
+1 for that!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #182
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheek
i just read in Just Parts that you can buy the W427 engine for $22k :p that would be fairly awesome in a sportwagen...
seriously? that would be AWESOME!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #183
SVD

In reality, the price of the W427 Versus a Euro the W427 is great bang for ya buck, just as the F6 is for under 100k, the area's that really didn't work in favor of that car is
1: (as said already) the Interior color/interior, How much better is it over a GTS? Why is the color scheme so poor? they are major knives in the back of the HSV
2: The Front body kit, It's big plastic and pretty poor looking when you look at the front of the damn thing but then again the cars overall profile wouldn't have made it easy to make a good agressive looking front end.
3: The Interior layout (its the entire VE range at fault here)

Other then that, for the price i would have seriously considered it if it had a classier interior of greater quality then holden was offering i would have managed to overlook the outside (besides you spend most of your time with the car inside the damn thing)

For those of you who have complained about the price, im sure the people who could have afforded these cars wouldn't drive it as their daily, im 95% sure they'd have a BMW/Merc as well for daily duties so who cares about the price, $160k isn't that bad for the car its only about 8k more expensive then the Corvette Ls7 and would proberly be more comfortable and practical, in essence i would relate this car (even though i hate to admit it) to the New GT-R: people reckon they are both overpriced for their brand name, yet do away with the competition from any other maker for an equivilent price and are both very well crafted cars.

Even though it's a ford website you guys dont have to be douches when a commodore isn't all that bad.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:11 AM   #184
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

at the end of the day to me it's a commodore with a limited edition engine;
good luck to holden and who ever wishes to buy one.. im not biased because its a holden but it doesn't look sexy for me to like it.. (thats just me.)each to their own i suppose.. they tried to bring hard muscle back.. who knows what will happen.

the one for sale with a couple of thousand k's on the clock(my previous posts) i wonder why they're selling so quick??

Last edited by motorcycles4eva; 09-05-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #185
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD
............. Even though it's a ford website you guys dont have to be douches when a commodore isn't all that bad.
Being a FORD website and knowing how BAD VE's are ....... a bit of bias will be present. Please don't tell me the VE isn't that bad and I wont tell you that it is.

It was always going to be a huge hit or a massive woops for HSV. The way I see it, the WD40 was a disaster, in design, style and price. The biggest unfortunate is that because of HSV stuffing up their Supercar attempt, it will keep FPV from doing something simular.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #186
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Being a FORD website and knowing how BAD VE's are ....... a bit of bias will be present. Please don't tell me the VE isn't that bad and I wont tell you that it is.

It was always going to be a huge hit or a massive woops for HSV. The way I see it, the WD40 was a disaster, in design, style and price. The biggest unfortunate is that because of HSV stuffing up their Supercar attempt, it will keep FPV from doing something simular.
Spot on. Holden lose out Ford are better off.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #187
hardaz

How are VE's a bad car, my mate just got an SSV. there is nothing wrong with it.

My Build HERE
Old 10-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #188
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardaz
How are VE's a bad car, my mate just got an SSV. there is nothing wrong with it.
....... Because! For those that drive them and love them, good on ya's. I prefer not to.

What was this thread originally about anyway?

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #189
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
What was this thread originally about anyway?

something about a chicken and a monkey i think... ?
Old 11-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #190
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

This thread has gone so far off topic now
Closed Thread