Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #151
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Everyones buying a new car.... is it your turn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
Id be more in market for a jeep cherokee srt8 or mercedes amg a45. I dont think ford products have moved forward enough in recent years.

Those cars above (amg a45, srt8 jeep) would sit favourably in any company. Not much else under $80k that says "must buy".
If you just want to **** off the Ricers you can do that with an old 2006 E55 pulling a trailer.... http://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/5...king-350z.html
(the second -full- video is the best one)

Old 05-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #152
Danny
GT4.

^ She's yours right GasOlane?

Love a nice clean W211 E55
Old 05-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #153
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
^ She's yours right GasOlane?

Love a nice clean W211 E55
No, this one is from 'Murrica
Old 05-05-2015, 11:55 AM   #154
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Yep, he is not an enthusiast. Full stop. Hate to break this to you but where I am from a C63 isn't classy, nor even that great a car. Its an entry level V8 AMG, its the latest bogan express, because the lower price point has made it attainable by some of the most idiotic germs I've ever seen.

Most heroes buy them by stretching their finances so thay can park in front of cafe's and gym's, and cluelessly and deludedly feel superior to everyone else. Unfortunately in this day and age, car finance is easier to obtain than taste.

I am lucky enough to come from a family and a social circle where we have always worked very hard, and had the financial ability to have been able to indulge in some wonderful enthusiast cars. They are bought not to show off, not to feel superior to the rest, but because they are wonderful driving machines that give joy to the beholder.

Dad has a 997 911 Carrera S - That's a great car - look it up when you get the chance. He never takes it out unless its a clear day, and only then when he does take it out, he likes how it blends in with the crowd, and no one bothers to look much - he bought it because he liked it, not because he thought that people would look at him, and not because he thought he could fly past people in Classic GT Falcons, and feel better about himself. It is a brilliant car. A modern classic. If he was out in the 911 and saw an XY GTHO, his jaw would drop. Thats respect. That's what being a true enthusiast is all about. Appreciating cars for what they are, and what they were.

Someone like you though, would wonder why Dad's money wasn't spent on a red Ferrari instead of a black 911. Someone like you wouldn't know or appreciate that say, for example, that next to a 2012 model AMG Merc, that a 1973 Porsche Carrera RS is actually a classic, a thing of impeccable beauty. Because someone like you goes out and buys an entry level second hand C63 on 100% Finance wuith a 50% residual and then has the **** to bag out someone driving a beautiful classic like you've one upped them.

That's not class, thats not even cool. You think like a 12 year old. In my opinion, If I was in a classic GT Falcon from the 1970's (which would be worth a pretty penny as we all know), and some pumped up loser in his heavily financed C63 (or BMW X6 with black wheels amirite?) punched past me as if to say "lol, I showed you", I'd probably *** my pants in laughter, and so would all of my friends.

Your mode of thinking is completely retarded. I know you're now feeding off this, but just in case you really are for real and you ain't joking, you should take a good read of what I've just posted.
Your post reads as sour grapes to me. The AMG C63 is one of the hottest cars on the planet (no matter where your from) and costs $160k for a new one. Anyone that thinks otherwise obviously hasnt driven one. As to who buys them, its those that can afford them. Also trust me my mate works harder than most for his money and deserves his AMG.

Pumping up the tyres of old cars is about affordability. Im sure a new Porsche trumps the old Porsche in every which way. New Porsche owners (and new AMG owners) would scoff at old Porsche or Mercedes owners etc. We can all pretend old cars are classy etc but does the queen/dignatories drive around in old cars?

As I said a new Aurion would trump most old cars including the old Porsche.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:06 PM   #155
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Your post reads as sour grapes to me. The AMG C63 is one of the hottest cars on the planet (no matter where your from) and costs $160k for a new one. Anyone that thinks otherwise obviously hasnt driven one. As to who buys them, its those that can afford them. Also trust me my mate works harder than most for his money and deserves his AMG.

Pumping up the tyres of old cars is about affordability. Im sure a new Porsche trumps the old Porsche in every which way. New Porsche owners (and new AMG owners) would scoff at old Porsche or Mercedes owners etc. We can all pretend old cars are classy etc but does the queen/dignatories drive around in old cars?

Umm erggh theres plenty of Porsche / Mercedes owners that have a selection of new / old vehicles. Many of them will love their old ones just as much as the new ones.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #156
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:

That's amusing. I don't read Danny's post that way. He just called you out on your troll post and I took your reply as him striking a nerve.

Your trollness has just been trolled.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
6 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #157
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We can all pretend old cars are classy etc but does the queen/dignatories drive around in old cars?
She the old chick I sometimes see getting around in a couple of hundred year old horse and carriage? No class, has these massive wheels and gold bling and stuff.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:32 PM   #158
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:

Lol... troll got trolled.

Mental note, to troll Hulk simply mention how garbage AMGs are and how his mates aren't worth anything to the rest of the known world.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #159
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:

so now old cars arent classy because the queen doesnt drive around in them and anyone driving a new volkswagon err porsche would snub there noses at someone driving an older one
do fg drivers snub you for driving that bf?

Old 05-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #160
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:

Spoken like a true middle eastern drug dealer complete with bumbag.
Oh wait a minute..........
Old 05-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #161
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Recently i was cruising with a mate in his c63.. i saw a few xy GT on highway. I was actually excited to see them but he just said i hate old cars and dont get why people want them, then he just punched past them and there was nothing they could do about it. Unfortunately people want new cars these days, they get embarrassed driving a car more than 5 years old
Now I know you are full of BS, I have never been for a drive and saw a few XY GT's while out, unless I was attending a car show

I have never been embarrassed driving a car older than 5 years or older than 20 years for that matter. None of my mates care what I drive and I could not care less if they drove a 1980 Commodore, or a rusted out old Falcon.

Most of my mates have at least one classic in the garage (some more) probably worth more than most cars on the road, those that don't are not interested in cars, and could not care less what I drive.

If your posts are true feelings and not just a troll, you have some serious problems in life and will never be happy. there will always be someone who has a faster car, newer car, more expensive car, bigger house, fatter wallet etc etc.

So you buy a new car today and in three months time your mate buys a new car, now you are stuffed, your mate is laughing at you with your old car that has 5000km on the clock, how can you even face him when now he is superior to you. You are left behind, your mate has it all over you with his new car.

I mean I am out of the game anyway, my daily driver is 40 years old, my misses car is 7 years old and we are not looking to upgrade any time soon, I live about 30 minutes from the closest town and about 6-7 hrs to any capital city cbd, and I have a 6 year old iphone, I guess I might as well top myself now, I don't think I will ever be able to catch up to society again

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

4 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #162
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We can all pretend old cars are classy etc but does the queen/dignatories drive around in old cars?

Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom is driven around in a 2002 model Bentley or a 2010 build date 2014 delivered horse drawn state coach, coincidentally manufactured in Australia.
The Pope, head of the catholic church, probably the 'king' of dignitaries either catches a mini bus, drives a ford focus pool car or his 1984 model Renault 4. If he is being driven about its a 98-05 model Mercedes popemobile.

Just saying!
Old 05-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #163
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
. We can all pretend old cars are classy etc but does the queen/dignatories drive around in old cars?
Oh boy, you're not too bright are you fella?

Even HM's "new" State Car is a 2002 Custom Bentley with a 4 speed auto gearbox. They also get around their properties in Land Rover Defenders.

And please Hulk, please please please don't assume that I would rag out on a vehicle that I hadn't aready driven, or couldn't afford myself..

For you to accuse me of "sour grapes" means that sadly, the implications of my worldly ramblings sailed completely over your head. Good on your mate for having a C63. I'm happy for him. if he is happy, then good for him!

I'm glad Hulk that in your world, this $160,000 car is the pinnacle of motoring. It's very cute. Aim for the stars big guy!
3 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #164
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
That's amusing. I don't read Danny's post that way. He just called you out on your troll post and I took your reply as him striking a nerve.

Your trollness has just been trolled.

Your so far from the truth. That post ("danny") is oozing with jealousy and sour grapes..

Anyone that says an old Porsche has it over an AMG C63?

Buying a new car is a status thing, like it or not. if it was about need, everyone could get by with an old ex cab falcon.. To buy a new car is announcing yourself as still relevant. To think otherwise is sticking you head in the sand.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #165
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Your so far from the truth. That post ("danny") is oozing with jealousy and sour grapes..

Anyone that says an old Porsche has it over an AMG C63?

Buying a new car is a status thing, like it or not. if it was about need, everyone could get by with an old ex cab falcon.. To buy a new car is announcing yourself as still relevant. To think otherwise is sticking you head in the sand.

Danny 2 - Hulk 0

Trollers gonna troll

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
4 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #166
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

LMFAO

so lets re cap
the queen drives a new car
newer porsche owners laugh and snub older porsche owners
everyone that buys a new car does so to increase their status rating in society (especially aurioun drivers..thatll boost that status right up there)
and hulk doesnt know the diff between you are and your

should just about cover it
man i love these threads
Old 05-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #167
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: Everyones buying a new car.... is it your turn?

Quote:

Recently i was cruising with a mate in his c63.. i saw a few xy GT on highway. I was actually excited to see them but he just said i hate old cars and dont get why people want them, then he just punched past them and there was nothing they could do about it.
Just wanted to say your "mate" is a legend, Just imagine how bad the guy in the gt felt when your mate showed him the real world haha
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Old 05-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #168
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think buying an Aurion is announcing to the world that you have given up on life.

Buying a new car announces nothing to anyone apart from in your head.

If your self worth is so small that you need a new car to announce yourself as relevant, you are most likely a major try hard wanna be, I have never needed a new car, an old car or any car or possession to announce myself as relevant.

My standing as a man and my physical presence does that for me, if you need a car to feel relevant and to do the announcing for you, and you are unable to announce your own presence as a man and a human being then I am assuming you have little in life, and probably are not a capable human being.

If you have mates that drive AMG's to be relevant and to tray and trump their mates and others, then really they are not relevant at all, they are just try hards with low self worth and losers in life in general, if they drive an AMG because they want to, and they enjoy the experience of driving the machine then that is another matter all together.

By the way every 21 year old drug dealer living in a housing commission house in Bankstown drives an AMG, so really it's probably a bit of an embarrassing car to drive and be seen in IMO

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 05-05-2015 at 02:36 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #169
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Old cars like xy falcons are unique etc but most people dont rate them, just a select few ford enthusiasts.

For the most people they see them as like watching an old black n white 34cm analogue tv in a day and age when everyone can buy a 50 inch lcd for next to nothing.

Functionally even an aurion beats them with a knockout punch, performance, comfort, handling, economy its a one sided bout.

I do appreciate old cars but wouldnt actually buy one. Put yourself in their shoes, would you buy a 1980 commodore?

Recently i was cruising with a mate in his c63.. i saw a few xy GT on highway. I was actually excited to see them but he just said i hate old cars and dont get why people want them, then he just punched past them and there was nothing they could do about it. Unfortunately people want new cars these days, they get embarrassed driving a car more than 5 years old
I fall in the category where 99% of my family and friends have no interest what so ever in cars and couldn’t care less what I or anyone else drives.

Of the other 1%, well these days at best they only have a passing interest but usually know enough to hold a conversation and yet I’ve never heard any of them talk badly about some else’s choice or the age of their car.

In my world I’m like ‘a shag on a rock’ when it comes to my interest.

I’d be the first to admit I no longer want an XY as a daily but I certainly could understand why some would, for pure motoring enjoyment I think cruising in an XY leaves a C63 for dead.

Who notices what?

A car enthusiast will probably notice a C63 because they would notice most performance cars and cars in general regardless of the brand because they are car enthusiasts. To almost everyone else it’s just another Merc if they notice it at all.

I doesn’t matter if you’re into cars or not, if there is an early Ford like an XY on the road you are going to most likely notice simply because they are not lost in that generic look of modern cars and because you don’t see many around. For most their interest wouldn’t go any further than noticing but I doubt any of them would feel embarrassed for the owner.

And as far as cars from the 80's go, again most people wouldn't notice because most people don’t care. A car enthusiast would see a vehicle that’s getting on to 30 years of age and whether they’d want one or not would depend on the make and model and their personal tastes.

If everyone was so concerned about what other people drove we’d all be getting around with bumper stickers reading, ‘My other car is a BF’.

To me you have an odd view for someone who purports to be a car enthusiast.

You don’t get enthusiasts have different tastes and you don’t get that a lot of people who aren’t into cars don’t necessarily see the point of forking out cash for something new when they’d be happier spending their money on something that does interest them like holidays, audio/visual, swimming pools, gardening, porn, boats, house extentions and the list goes on.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #170
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom is driven around in a 2002 model Bentley or a 2010 build date 2014 delivered horse drawn state coach, coincidentally manufactured in Australia.
The Pope, head of the catholic church, probably the 'king' of dignitaries either catches a mini bus, drives a ford focus pool car or his 1984 model Renault 4. If he is being driven about its a 98-05 model Mercedes popemobile.

Just saying!
Prince Charles has an old Aston Martin DB(1960's) & Prince Phillip owns an old Alvis TD (1959/1960).
Old 05-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #171
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
That post ("danny") is oozing with jealousy and sour grapes..
2 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 04:22 PM   #172
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

My opinion only, many differ, and I accept that

The desirability of any car is in the eye of the beholder, like prospective female partners. Age and $ value have little if anything to do with it, unless your value scale is something independent of the vehicle itself and more 'ooh ahh' stuff or 'look at me!'. I can see a AMG barrel down the road and know whoever is in it can afford it but their personal investment in it is likely limited to it's price tag and they'll probably turn it over for the next big thing when the lease is up. I can see a old Hillman Hunter driving down the road in pristine condition with the sun glancing off its fenders and feel the pride and work in it, and even that will give me a bigger rise (not much does these days ask the missus). New cars are like ladies, the most perfect cars are the ones where the sum of their imperfections capture our imaginations. Dare I say it but few new cars have a soul. They're MUCH harder to bond with. Arguably few prospective partners have either but thats a whole other story. Maybe I just expect too much

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
3 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 05:39 PM   #173
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I find with "car enthusiasm", you're either a fan of modern or old school, I prefer modern cars but I do appreciate the effort that goes into old school cars, if its carby fed its not my cuppa tea but I do appreciate and understand the effort that go into these things.

Unfortunately it seems there is not much respect going our way from the old school brigade though.

The question is when does my "modern" become old school?
Old 05-05-2015, 05:45 PM   #174
EFFalcon
Last warning

25 years apparently :P
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 05-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #175
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

give me a 911/930 wide body with whale tail and deep dish simmons over a new porsche any day.
2 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 05:56 PM   #176
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One guy prefers new car as daily, another an old car..

Grown men arguing as to who is right

I do notice hulk has not abused anyone, but most are giving it to him in spades.
4 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #177
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
One guy prefers new car as daily, another an old car..

I do notice hulk has not abused anyone, but most are giving it to him in spades.
That wouldn't have anything to do with his post's would it ?
Old 05-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #178
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Grown men argue who’s right about every and anything, why would cars be an exception?

Even more so when all the posters know they’re being baited but still want to have a say.

That’s grown men to a T.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #179
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Old cars like xy falcons are unique etc but most people dont rate them, just a select few ford enthusiasts.

For the most people they see them as like watching an old black n white 34cm analogue tv in a day and age when everyone can buy a 50 inch lcd for next to nothing.

Functionally even an aurion beats them with a knockout punch, performance, comfort, handling, economy its a one sided bout.

I do appreciate old cars but wouldnt actually buy one. Put yourself in their shoes, would you buy a 1980 commodore?

Boy am I embarrassed and full of chagrin that I did not buy a Kelvinator Aurion. On the odd occasion that I drive my 44 year old ZD to school, I just have to hang my head in shame when those nasty students all look at my car and point and scream out horrid things like 'Cool car,' or 'Love your car sir.'

Maybe if I purchased an Aurion, those hurtful comments would stop?

I think there's something in that for all of us, don't you?

Last edited by superyob; 05-05-2015 at 07:50 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2015, 08:07 PM   #180
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Maybe if I purchased an Aurion, those hurtful comments would stop?
If you had one of those I would assume you are an English teacher, or maybe the Librarian.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread