Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #151
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FORD will never outshine Holden-no matter what they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Or could it possibly be that even here on AFF, the home of the true believer, Ford enthusiasts appear to be whiny, whingey, sad sack, glass is half empty, wusses.

FFS you all sound like poms on holiday.

Ford can do no right....... like GTHO, F6, Territory, XR6T, FPV GT etc etc.

Holden can do no wrong...... like 4 cyl commies, apollo, camira, sunbird, VK commies, epica, tigra, calibra.....

NO, the reason why Holden seems to shine is that their fans see all the good things whereas ours........well just read this thread.
Nothing wrong with seeing "all the good things", but you truly are a blind fool if you ignore the bad things at the same time...
Old 07-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #152
StrokedXT
Banned

Ford do outshine holden in pretty much every way
Ford make a profit most years - holden dont
Territory crushes captiva
falcon crushes commodore
Fiesta crushes Barina
Focus crushes Cruze
Mondeo crushes epica
New ranger will crush the colorado

All in all Ford outshine Holden in every way - Except maybe having more bogan followers who dont buy new cars anyway
Old 07-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #153
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Meh, I read the title and thought.....

Pepsi will never outshine Coke but they still get a lot of sales, have their supporters and make plenty of money
Old 07-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #154
Cúl-Báire

While I've always liked Fords I am only now actaully owning one; and like many others on here feeling like I've been missing out all these years. My first Holden was a V8 VP Berlina, from there I moved on to, and extensively modified V8 VT & VX SS Commodores, unsure why but I'd always considered them to be the better car without actutally knowing for sure.

Now I drive a BA XR6, which abosolutly owns the Holden SV6's, SS's of the era in terms of drivability, comfort and styling. I am happy to say my next car will also be a Ford.

I dont't think the past has a lot to do with, especially with sales amongst the younger generations; but Ford's marketing is somewhat lacking compared to Holden... I can't go anywhere without seeing an advert for a VEII SS, Thunder or something of the sort but I can't for the life of me remember the last time I saw a Ford advert of any sort.

The Turbo(s) will become a cult car, not unlike the VL, and I reckon the Super8 will pack a punch; hopefully we read this thread in 5 or so years and wonder what the hell we were whinging about!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #155
RAPID_BA
Banned

Holden has by far more fans. I don't get it, the new FPV F6 and GT335 spank the hsv product, but I'd bet more hsv cars are sold. I just want see why you would buy the hsv product over the current FPV product. I see a tonn of the new hsv rhino looking ve and every time ask myself how did they not buy the fpv product, don't they care about performance?

I saw a very neat looking AU series 3 fairmont the other day. It was mint condition, lowered slightly and had a set of BA XR rims on it. I thought geez that looks good. The au xr series looked pretty good, t series cars looked ok.

I think about equal to the VT2. After 10 years I'm starting to warm up to the au.
Closed Thread