Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #151
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2015 Ford Everest

FFS why do people keep bringing up the Territory? its shares the blue badge no a lot else.
but I agree with you I don't think they will sell in high numbers, but since its not brought here as a replacement to the Territory what relevance is that to Territory sales?
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #152
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss351290 View Post
Hate to say it, But I think its just a Extended Ranger like the Colarado 7. With ute handling and Dynamics at a crazy price. Don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as a Territory.
The most surprising thing for me about the current Ranger is how well it drives for a 2000kg+ pickup. The steering is excellent and roll is very well controlled. With a coil rear end, I wouldn't have any worries about the dynamic and steering capabilities of the Everest.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #153
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
FFS why do people keep bringing up the Territory? its shares the blue badge no a lot else.
but I agree with you I don't think they will sell in high numbers, but since its not brought here as a replacement to the Territory what relevance is that to Territory sales?
If we get the 2wd version it will be an option for ex territory buyers.
I'd consider one for the family car as I have a Ranger as a work/bush 4x4
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #154
wranger

Quote:
Hate to say it, But I think its just a Extended Ranger like the Colarado 7. With ute handling and Dynamics at a crazy price. Don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as a Territory.
The current Ranger itself doesn't have "ute handling and dynamics", what makes you think a coil sprung suv with a shorter wheelbase will?
wranger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 02:54 PM   #155
BSL73
Starter Motor

The new everest was spotted undisguised on Australia day. SPYPICS

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015...-on-line-48798

Last edited by BSL73; 30-01-2015 at 03:03 PM.
BSL73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #156
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Notice the seats in that Everest! Straight out of the Territory parts catalogue

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #157
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if the gas bottle behind the drivers seat comes standard.
Mighty Reds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 05:37 PM   #158
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Still ugly as when I first come across this thread.

Also no petrol option rules it out for me as well.
Old 30-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #159
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

I still think the front of the Territory looks better.
Old 30-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #160
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post

Whats the infatuation with petrol?
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 05:57 PM   #161
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it looks great, should have an EcoBoost V6 option, as well as the upcoming 10 speed auto. Throw in an electronic locker too. Word is the next gen 3.5 EcoBoost for the Raptor will have around 450 HP / 500 lb-ft (330Kw/670Nm)
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #162
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Reds View Post
I wonder if the gas bottle behind the drivers seat comes standard.
That's the VBIED version.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #163
Matty4
Banana

Quote:

What???...did you not read this bit.

Quote:
Three engines mentioned specifically by rushlane.com and specifically featured in Ford Australia marketing documentation are the 2.0-litre EcoBoost (petrol) four-cylinder and the two diesel offerings, 2.2-litre Duratorq TDCi four-cylinder and 3.2-litre Duratorq five-cylinder. The EcoBoost engine is rated at 175kW and 360Nm. This is the same engine powering the current EcoBoost Falcon. The 2.2-litre diesel develops 110kW and 385Nm, while the 3.2-litre diesel produces 147kW and 470Nm.

Last edited by Matty4; 30-01-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Matty4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #164
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
I think it looks great, should have an EcoBoost V6 option, as well as the upcoming 10 speed auto. Throw in an electronic locker too. Word is the next gen 3.5 EcoBoost for the Raptor will have around 450 HP / 500 lb-ft (330Kw/670Nm)
I'd be extremely surprised if the drivetrain options differ greatly from the Ranger, which in turn are also shared with Transit.

It may of course debut something that will be seen later in either of the other two.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #165
Agile

Quote:
A couple of points. The new Ex, if it follows Isuzu's lead, will be a SHORT WHEELBASE version of the Ranger. Pretty clear really/ from the photos. It will have some real advantages over its competitors if it can be competitive with its pricing.
Personally , it looks dated already IMHO. But I am biased, I bought a MUX .
Agile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #166
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I see them quite regularly driving around the suburbs of Geelong.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #167
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4 View Post
What???...did you not read this bit.
The Chinese built Everest gets the 3 engine options, Australian model will only have 3.2 diesel.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #168
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I see them quite regularly driving around the suburbs of Geelong.
Yep I just saw a white one driving near eastern beach this arvo, next to the barriers for the cadel bike race this weekend.
baboon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 11:25 PM   #169
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
I still think the front of the Territory looks better.
Not relevant - its job should be to knock off the Prado.

Quote:
"for many current Territory owners it might be all they need from Ford"
But not this owner! I want a beautiful-handling crossover (high-entry car), not a 4WD/offroader.

Edge will be a step down to a Captiva-size 5 seater and FWD and no doubt dynamics to match. 7 seats will be left to Everest, a different class of vehicle.

The bottom line: the unique Territory niche will be vacated by Ford and off we Territory owners will go to other marques - of which there's precious little that matches the oustanding qualities of Territory. Well done, global Ford

I do wish Everest well though - in its class (which is not the Territory's class).
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #170
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post
Not relevant - its job should be to knock off the Prado.

But not this owner! I want a beautiful-handling crossover (high-entry car), not a 4WD/offroader.

Edge will be a step down to a Captiva-size 5 seater and FWD and no doubt dynamics to match. 7 seats will be left to Everest, a different class of vehicle.

The bottom line: the unique Territory niche will be vacated by Ford and off we Territory owners will go to other marques - of which there's precious little that matches the oustanding qualities of Territory. Well done, global Ford

I do wish Everest well though - in its class (which is not the Territory's class).
I didn't realise the new Edge has been road tested against a Captiva yet. Then again you already have no doubt, it seems. I think we all need to reset our old mindset that American car = bad dynamics. The most recent Ford's all have international input where all divisions work with each other 24/7 around the globe. Aussies work with Europeans, Americans, etc...

Last edited by Dr Smith; 31-01-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Dr Smith is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #171
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I didn't realise the new Edge has been road tested against a Captiva yet. Then again you already have no doubt, it seems. I think we all need to reset our old mindset that American car = bad dynamics. The most recent Ford's all have international input where all divisions work with each other 24/7 around the globe. Aussies work with Europeans, Americans, etc...
The analogy with Captiva is on internal dimensions - it's a downsize from the Territory. I agree that one should wait to try, but in principle I'm not confident in the dynamics of a larger vehicle driven by FWD. Even some of the high-end manufacturers that try it don't do very well. FWD works very well on small vehicles and it's a cost and space saving technique. On large vehicles it's a cost and space-saving technique only.
This user likes this post:
Old 31-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #172
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I know what you mean, but the "Global" MK III Focus isn't as good in the dynamics department as the MK I and MK II. Differing tastes around the world mean compromises in many areas.

"One Ford" may be a good financial path for Ford as a company, but as time passes it seems there are to many exceptions to the rule that mean many markets miss out on certain products. (7-Seat Edge, Mustang GT350, F-Series, Automatic Transits.................)
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #173
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

"One Ford" may be a good financial path for Ford as a company, but as time passes it seems there are to many exceptions to the rule that mean many markets miss out on certain products. (7-Seat Edge, Mustang GT350, F-Series, Automatic Transits.................)
And the vacating of the niche held by the Territory ....

It seems to me that Territory would have been a far better basis for a global platform than Edge. But maybe the Americans think the Explorer is that?

It may be all globalised, but it's an American company and it's hard to avoid the feeling that American thinking prevails in the end. Ford Australia (like GMH) made a transition over many years from American thinking to European thinking. Now that's all going down the gurgler, since I like the European approach to automotive design I'd naturally be looking to a European company for my next car if Ford won't fill the bill.

I'm trying hard to give Ford a chance and if it was a smaller (Ford Europe-originated) car I wanted, I don't think I'd have a problem at all. But at the larger crossover/SUV level, Ford has suddenly got very murky.
Old 31-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #174
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post
And the vacating of the niche held by the Territory ....

It seems to me that Territory would have been a far better basis for a global platform than Edge. But maybe the Americans think the Explorer is that?

It may be all globalised, but it's an American company and it's hard to avoid the feeling that American thinking prevails in the end. Ford Australia (like GMH) made a transition over many years from American thinking to European thinking. Now that's all going down the gurgler, since I like the European approach to automotive design I'd naturally be looking to a European company for my next car if Ford won't fill the bill.

I'm trying hard to give Ford a chance and if it was a smaller (Ford Europe-originated) car I wanted, I don't think I'd have a problem at all. But at the larger crossover/SUV level, Ford has suddenly got very murky.
So you accuse an American company of using American thinking, but state Australian thinking is better? Pot,kettle,black.
Territory isn't suitable as a global platform as it is falcon based RHD only, no capacity for weight savings, no capacity for smaller engines, no capacity for country specific crash/feature requirements. Edge is Mondeo based which has been developed from the outset with these in mind, and with view to sharing across different models globally gaining economy of scale needed in the automotive industry today.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 31-01-2015, 03:53 PM   #175
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
So you accuse an American company of using American thinking, but state Australian thinking is better?
Well, it has been to date. It touched on (affordable) BMW/Merc territory. Now it's off to join the dumbed-down masses.

I accept the premise that the Territory/Falcon platform may not be suitable for Ford to globalise but for me, as customer, that simply means that Ford no longer has a vehicle to suit me. I guess I'm a bit PO'd about that as there have been some distinct advantages to the Ford Australia experience, but at least there are some other (well, a tiny number of) alternatives. It's all a balance sheet of pluses and minuses in the end.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #176
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Spy shots??

Unless the person taking these pics infiltrated a high-security facility and chloroformed a couple guards, they aren't spy pics.

They're 'carpark at coles' pics
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2015, 08:06 PM   #177
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I used to think the same way. Now I think diesel is great and I like owning one.

Everest might look better in black. Not a fan of white with the black around the front bumper.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #178
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Despite what some are saying I'm really bullish about the Everest. I think it will be clearly better than a MUX or Colorado 7. I think traditional Prado buyers would consider an Everest, but probably not the other 2. I also think it will sell well and be a winner for Ford.
chookaradley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2015, 10:49 PM   #179
aZ`
supercharged starter motr

I think it's fair to continually bring up the territory, after all I am a territory owner and the Everest will be high on my list to test drive as a replacement.
Yes, we are in the soccer mom category, we don't go 4wd'ing, but we do go camping and we do tow a 2.4t boat, something a prado can't do once our gear is loaded in. so we don't need (or want) a land cruiser/patrol, but need something with a tow rating and of reasonable size (family of 4 and possibly growing). Although the sz td has no troubles towing our load, I can't help but wish there was a little more room to move in the capacity. The Everest seems like a very logical replacement. Yes I realise I haven't seen the tow rating but I think it's safe to assume 3t+.
I actually think it may steal some jeep GC customers, it's size/capability/dynamic are closer to the GC than the tezza is, and as much as I hate to say it, I may end up with a GC if the Everest doesn't meet expectation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aZ` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2015, 10:59 PM   #180
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZ` View Post
I think it's fair to continually bring up the territory, after all I am a territory owner and the Everest will be high on my list to test drive as a replacement.
Inevitably the diaspora of existing Territory owners is going to split both your way and mine, depending on individual priorities and needs. But Everest is clearly not a crossover like the Territory.
3 users like this post: