Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-11-2015, 10:38 PM   #151
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Default Re: Ford Sat Nav Map Updates

It means that to be able to update your maps (on certain Falcons and terris) you must purchase a voucher from Ford Spares, then get the service dudes to install them. Usually works out to around $300-$350
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2015, 10:41 PM   #152
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6tonboost View Post
What does this mean?
Explained in return PM...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2015, 10:50 PM   #153
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Explained in return PM...
Do you know if it is released yet? I did ask spares to order me one when available but have not heard from them.
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2015, 10:53 PM   #154
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
Do you know if it is released yet? I did ask spares to order me one when available but have not heard from them.
No not yet, there is a delay from the supplier and the need to make sure the latest map is loaded...

I will advise once it becomes available.
This user likes this post:
Old 01-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #155
Rodelz
Old Timer

Quote:
It means that to be able to update your maps (on certain Falcons and terris) you must purchase a voucher from Ford Spares, then get the service dudes to install them. Usually works out to around $300-$350
At that price it's cheaper to go and buy a Navman and get FREE upgrades
Rodelz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2015, 09:32 PM   #156
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I spoke too soon, new e-voucher for FG Falcon Mk2 and SZ1 Territory only was made available today 01/12/2015. Part number AR7Z 10E987 A.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:36 PM   #157
KosCo

Just curious as to how you find this information out. There does not appear to be any reference to this update on the Ford website under Owner > Sat Nav Map Update.
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2015, 05:28 PM   #158
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
Just curious as to how you find this information out. There does not appear to be any reference to this update on the Ford website under Owner > Sat Nav Map Update.
Lets just say I have good contacts...

The web site usually takes a while to catch up once notices have been announced.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #159
KosCo

I imagine that Ford employees also use this website - that way they can keep up to date as to what is going on in the Ford organisation.

Can you let us know if and when there might be an update to the LW Focus maps and what date those maps are current to?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2015, 09:46 PM   #160
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
I imagine that Ford employees also use this website - that way they can keep up to date as to what is going on in the Ford organisation.

Can you let us know if and when there might be an update to the LW Focus maps and what date those maps are current to?

Thanks
Certainly can. Stay tuned there is a good deal coming up for those owners with cars that have SD Cards for Sat nav, cant say much, but it will be worth the wait!! Just remember you heard it first from GTLegend..
Old 07-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #161
alokin123

Quote:
Certainly can. Stay tuned there is a good deal coming up for those owners with cars that have SD Cards for Sat nav, cant say much, but it will be worth the wait!! Just remember you heard it first from GTLegend..
I hope so, it was shame that the focus came with 3 years old maps
alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #162
marko
Marko

The last update I got (Version 5) was still years behind.

Sent while boosting ....
Old 11-12-2015, 05:07 PM   #163
KosCo

GTLegend was correct - there are new sat/nav updates available 21 December --

Version 22 and New Zealand Version 10 are available for the following Ford models:
LW Focus - 2011 onwards
LW Focus MKII - 2012 onwards
TF Ford Kuga - 2013 onwards
Ranger Wildtrak- 2013 onwards
Ranger XLT- 2014 onwards

Price appears to be $199. Available after 21 December. Nothing mentioned about what the date of the maps are.

Website for the updates is --
https://ford.navshop.com.au/default.asp
Old 11-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #164
CatonaPC©

I have a LZ Focus. How do I tell what map versions I have?
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2015, 05:28 PM   #165
marko
Marko

It's on the SD card

Sent while boosting ....
Old 11-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #166
CatonaPC©

Thanks. Card has some kind of part number on it and large letters 'K1' whatever that means.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #167
marko
Marko

It should be in brackets iirc. Such as (V7) etc

Sent while boosting ....
Old 11-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #168
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
I spoke too soon, new e-voucher for FG Falcon Mk2 and SZ1 Territory only was made available today 01/12/2015. Part number AR7Z 10E987 A.
Booked in to have it fitted on Monday - will let you know how it goes and any major differences.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:05 PM   #169
CatonaPC©

The following appears:

EM5T-19H449-KA
AU/NZ
Old 11-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #170
marko
Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
The following appears:

EM5T-19H449-KA
AU/NZ
Hmm that's odd. Should be a version number there too. That's how you know if it's current or not.

Sent while boosting ....
Old 11-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #171
CatonaPC©

Quote:
The following appears:

EM5T-19H449-KA
AU/NZ
I think the '19' might be the version number. The new versions to be released will be version 22. However, that is for the LW Focus, not the LZ.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:06 PM   #172
marko
Marko

LW Focus has a different system. I got V5 last year when the Falcon got V19 ...

Sent while boosting ....
Old 12-12-2015, 03:16 AM   #173
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The following appears:

EM5T-19H449-KA
AU/NZ
That is the Ford spare parts number of the SD card. There is a later version of FM5T 19H449 KA, but not sure if the map itself is different or not. Before you buy the upgrade, I suggest you wait till next year. There is something coming from Ford that will surprise you. Due some time in quater one fingers crossed...
Old 12-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #174
Rodelz
Old Timer

Quote:
That is the Ford spare parts number of the SD card. There is a later version of FM5T 19H449 KA, but not sure if the map itself is different or not. Before you buy the upgrade, I suggest you wait till next year. There is something coming from Ford that will surprise you. Due some time in quater one fingers crossed...
Will it cover my 2011 Territory?
Rodelz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #175
KosCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodelz View Post
Don't think so - map updates listed on Ford site say they are for "Territory Models (up to 2010)".
Old 13-12-2015, 12:40 AM   #176
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodelz View Post
Unsure at this stage, details have not been released yet, so it is a possibility...

Map updates on the site are for vehicles with an SD card which the FG2 an SZ1 dont have, theirs is built into the ICC. The e-voucher system is used on these vehicles to be then updated via a dealer.

Will advise in due course..
Old 18-01-2016, 12:44 AM   #177
CatonaPC©

Interesting. Just checked the Ford sat nav update page and even though the first page shows Whereis maps, clicking through to the actual order page shows SD cards for TomTom maps. Could this be the 'surprise' GTLEGEND was referring to?

Wonder how different TomTom maps are from Whereis and whether there will be new features.
Old 18-01-2016, 08:58 AM   #178
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Interesting. Just checked the Ford sat nav update page and even though the first page shows Whereis maps, clicking through to the actual order page shows SD cards for TomTom maps. Could this be the 'surprise' GTLEGEND was referring to?

Wonder how different TomTom maps are from Whereis and whether there will be new features.

No this is not what I was referring to, stay tuned!!
Old 21-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #179
KosCo

Some feedback on the new version (Ford Bosch SD Card Kit Version 22/11 - released in January 2016) of the maps being offered on the Ford website. I have just installed this new version in my car. I live in Brisbane.

In June 2015 in Brisbane, a new expressway tunnel "The Legacy Way" was opened for traffic. So that was 7 months ago.

The new version of the maps from Ford do not show this road so this indicates that the "new" maps are at least over 7 months old.

Google maps show "The Legacy Way".
RACQ trip planner shows and includes "The Legacy Way" in planning a trip.

Probably not worth spending the money to update to maps that are already out of date.
Old 21-01-2016, 07:45 PM   #180
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

most " new" manufacturer sat nav maps are about one year behind. They take the latest maps send them to be reprogrammed into the special format of the manufactures units and then release them, all takes time. Only advantage of factory sat nav is its integrated in the car but you suffer as you have identified for that benefit.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post