Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Would you attend an alchohol free Summernats?
Yes 335 78.09%
No 48 11.19%
If I could drink Saturday night 35 8.16%
Undecided 11 2.56%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #151
XA5800
I'd rather be blown

I would not take my car again until , there is no or limited alcohol ,

summernatsshoule be about cars & good times Not Red necks.

Perhaps we should run an alcohol free avent a week later & see how many entrants we get?
XA5800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #152
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
C'mon guys... do you really mean that?
Its one thing to look and admire.. but there's no excuse EVER for harrasment, grabbing, lured or offensive comments..
I agree with you - some of you guys sound like that Sheik Al whathisname...and his uncovered meat fiasco.

Personally I don't see the attraction of going to Canberra to hang out with a bunch of drunken brain-dead bogan losers slobbering all over any female that walks past. I'm sure my IQ would lower for the experience.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #153
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossus
I agree with you - some of you guys sound like that Sheik Al whathisname...and his uncovered meat fiasco.

Personally I don't see the attraction of going to Canberra to hang out with a bunch of drunken brain-dead bogan losers slobbering all over any female that walks past. I'm sure my IQ would lower for the experience.
You have agreed with "some of us guys" in your contradictory post.

No one is suggesting that the behaviour is nice but the fact is that at the Nats, there are thousands of drunk and offensive men who will target anything with more than a little flesh on show. If you are a woman who dresses for attention, you will get it by the trailer load.

I'm sure we all disagree with Sheik al-Halali and the "uncovered meat" fiasco for day to day living or for girls out on the town or at the beach but it's a very accurate analogy for girls at the Nats who drive around all day with their privates out flirting with a drunken mob.

Ask yourself a question - would your wife get into the back of a ute, in a Bikini and expose herself whilst doing lap after lap of the Nats purely to seek attention from 10,000 drunken, sunburnt yobbo's? If she did, what would you expect the response to be?

Right or wrong, as indicated in your post, that's the state of play at the nats.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #154
Bullitt68
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
I really cannot see this event being stopped in the near future. Its a safe event for family's during the day and its really only Saturday night that trouble seems to happen.
I'm not referring to that side of things. To be realistic, if the bad stuff was going to be responsible for the end of the event it would have been shut down years ago. No, the last drinks bell will be rung by Chic when he decides enough is enough......

.....and the number of that Summernats may have already been decided ;)
Bullitt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #155
AndyZH

Summernats re-enforces (and to many in the community confirms) every bad stereotype about V8 drivers and Holden/Ford people that many on here then and moan about when they get unwanted attention during the year.

Summernats is an opportunity for car folks to get together and celebrate their and others achievements with their cars, and check out some seriously awesome machinery not seen on the roads, but EVERY year that great PR opportunity disappears in a flood of JD and cokes and is drowned by the moronic chant "show us your *its!"..
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #156
ebxr82nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would be the only way i would take my car there every year you hear horror stories about somones car getting trashed while they look on in disbelief
97 el futura MOCKed up with a 2500 stall, heaps of fun!
ebxr82nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #157
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyZH
Summernats re-enforces (and to many in the community confirms) every bad stereotype about V8 drivers and Holden/Ford people that many on here then and moan about when they get unwanted attention during the year.

Summernats is an opportunity for car folks to get together and celebrate their and others achievements with their cars, and check out some seriously awesome machinery not seen on the roads, but EVERY year that great PR opportunity disappears in a flood of JD and cokes and is drowned by the moronic chant "show us your *its!"..
Very well put... its the image of "streetmachining" that takes a battering because of events and behaviour like this.. which also leads to more scrutiny of these cars when they're on the road.
On another note does anyone remember the Streetmachine show that used to be held at the blind institute in Burwood Vic..? Great event, huge turnout each year with minimal issues or the need for alcohol.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #158
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
You have agreed with "some of us guys" in your contradictory post.

No one is suggesting that the behaviour is nice but the fact is that at the Nats, there are thousands of drunk and offensive men who will target anything with more than a little flesh on show. If you are a woman who dresses for attention, you will get it by the trailer load.

I'm sure we all disagree with Sheik al-Halali and the "uncovered meat" fiasco for day to day living or for girls out on the town or at the beach but it's a very accurate analogy for girls at the Nats who drive around all day with their privates out flirting with a drunken mob.

Ask yourself a question - would your wife get into the back of a ute, in a Bikini and expose herself whilst doing lap after lap of the Nats purely to seek attention from 10,000 drunken, sunburnt yobbo's? If she did, what would you expect the response to be?

Right or wrong, as indicated in your post, that's the state of play at the nats.
In the back of a ute, in a bikini flashing - its fairly obvious what is going to happen...

My point was more about (and if you read the news reports from the weekend) that normal looking women enjoying the event were confronted by a mob of "men" and verbally abused. From all reports it is not a good place for a woman to be (unless she is of the bogan ute riding variety).

EDIT - due to our climate/easy going nature Australian women have been wearing skimpy/bikini tops for years- it dosn't mean they want to be assaulted by drop kick losers.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #159
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Over the whole weekend I drunk one JD slushy, and that's it.

Apart from the drunken morons, and moronic activity on saturday night, it's still a great event.

Like last year when I posted in this thread, I'm still for an Alcohol free event. Perhaps the crowds will decline, and it wouldn't make as much money, but it would make for a much better, and safer family orientated event.

It would weed out the f---heads that just want to booze up, and shout abuse. After 10 years of attendance there's no bloody way I would enter my car, from the things I've seen and heard.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post