Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #1741
Sammy619
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi guys, I'm from Melbourne and have a 2000 Falcon. Just trying to get some modifications done on the car, such as changing the rims for starters
Cheers!
Sammy619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #1742
Rossba
Starter Motor

Hi Guys, Been here a while and thought I should get into it.
I have a XY and a Cobra kit car.
Rossba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #1743
98_Festiva_Guy
Starter Motor

Thanks for the welcome, i am looking for the wiring schematics for a 98 ford WF ford festiva - i am trying to install an aftermarket head unit, but can't find the wiring loom diagram ... can anyone please help???
98_Festiva_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #1744
Critcho
Starter Motor

Default just to say gday!

Hi all, a newbie to the Ford forum, in the market for a new XLT Ranger wanting to get my head around things before I jump, hope to learn a bit from you guys. Cheers Greg
Critcho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #1745
steedy
Starter Motor

Howdy guys, buying an EL wagon for my first car and looking to learn from some (very knowledgable!) people on here some tips to take care of her, and maybe to change a few things around to make it my own
steedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #1746
Scottypaul
XR8TED

Hi guy just joined not sure if this is right place to post, I own 07 xr8 ute lowered, exhaust don't know how to upload pics yet lol
Scottypaul is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #1747
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottypaul
Hi guy just joined not sure if this is right place to post, I own 07 xr8 ute lowered, exhaust don't know how to upload pics yet lol
Welcome. It is pretty easy to post photos on the forum There are some demos here of how it is done. User Demos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy619
Hi guys, I'm from Melbourne and have a 2000 Falcon. Just trying to get some modifications done on the car, such as changing the rims for starters
Cheers!
You will find heaps of information and photos of other members cars that have done just that. Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossba
Hi Guys, Been here a while and thought I should get into it.
I have a XY and a Cobra kit car.
Would love to see some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Festiva_Guy
Thanks for the welcome, i am looking for the wiring schematics for a 98 ford WF ford festiva - i am trying to install an aftermarket head unit, but can't find the wiring loom diagram ... can anyone please help???
russellw might be able to help you with your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critcho
Hi all, a newbie to the Ford forum, in the market for a new XLT Ranger wanting to get my head around things before I jump, hope to learn a bit from you guys. Cheers Greg
You will find plenty of info on here to keep you happy Greg. Best of luck with your purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steedy
Howdy guys, buying an EL wagon for my first car and looking to learn from some (very knowledgable!) people on here some tips to take care of her, and maybe to change a few things around to make it my own
A lot of our members have E series cars and I am sure they would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Welcome to the forums everyone. I look forward to seeing more of your posts and hopefully helping you out a little on how to navigate the forum should you need any assistance along the way.

Cheers
Col
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #1748
BFNDER
Starter Motor

Hi guys,

Newbie here. I just bought a 2008 Falcon BF Mkii SR and can truly say I'm a Ford man now after owning an EL Fairmont (dual fuel) for five years. Just wandering if anyone can tell me if there's any way to hook up my iPhone to the cars stereo with an auxillery cable. I've heard there is an aux input into the stereo somewhere but cant find one.
BFNDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #1749
matt1440
MLR1440

Hey all just joined a week ago. Currently have a mint ford xg that I am selling in order to get a 63 105e Anglia! Can't wait to get my hands on it! looking forward to racking everyone's brains as I start to mod it.
matt1440 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #1750
555combo
Starter Motor

Hi All, Long time forum reader/user - first time poster.

Got a BA MkII XT. Essentially stock except for wheels and a few trim pieces.

I'm sure this forum has saved me heaps with brilliant how to guides, now just to pluck up the courage to rip out, umm - carefully remove, the dash and replace a HIM module.

Cheers.
555combo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #1751
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome everyone.

There are some very short demos on how to post pics, adding an avatar (the picture that appears below your name), how to post...anything you want to know about how to use the forum, all located in site support.

Forum tutorials/demos

Would be great to see some avatars added and some photos of your rides posted up.

Cheers
Col
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #1752
WTF247
Banned

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey All BA Falcon XT
WTF247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #1753
rosky48
Starter Motor

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, I am very new to this, and am hoping to learn a few things about my 1998 capri....I am also an older female, and sometimes do not know the correct terminology but will do my best. I also own a BA ute which I love. However the reason I joined is my capri. I want to change the air filter and not sure where to look for it...easy in other cars but not this one. it is running rich well I have been told that. have changed the petrol filter, not sure if it also needs to have the ECU reset....would love some advice in easy to understand form.....I do not have a man about the place and would very much like to know how things work.....thanks for not laughing too hard but hope some one is willing to share their knowledge.
rosky48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #1754
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Festiva_Guy
A bit older than I have amongst my Fiesta manuals which only go back to 2000 - if there is anything in that one that might help (not sure how much it changed in between) let me know.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #1755
Geez Louise
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosky48
Hi, I am very new to this, and am hoping to learn a few things about my 1998 capri....I am also an older female, and sometimes do not know the correct terminology but will do my best. I also own a BA ute which I love. However the reason I joined is my capri. I want to change the air filter and not sure where to look for it...easy in other cars but not this one. it is running rich well I have been told that. have changed the petrol filter, not sure if it also needs to have the ECU reset....would love some advice in easy to understand form.....I do not have a man about the place and would very much like to know how things work.....thanks for not laughing too hard but hope some one is willing to share their knowledge.
Hi rosky48.

There are quite a few of us females on the forum and don't worry...after all these years of working on my car...I STILL don't know the correct terminology for things.

I do not know an awful lot about Capri's, however there is a Capri subforum - click here.

Feel free to post up any questions you have in that area and I am certain one of the members would be happy to help you.

Cheers
Col
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #1756
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
A bit older than I have amongst my Fiesta manuals which only go back to 2000 - if there is anything in that one that might help (not sure how much it changed in between) let me know.

Cheers
Russ
Ive got the diagrams at work, i'll upload them on monday
Old 12-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #1757
memnoch

hello guys, my name is peter, new to this site, in others, i might know afew from other club, i have a BF F6 foon, its stock, but planning on doing some work to her
memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #1758
Chrispys-xr8
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day how r we all?
I should have done this ages ago but better late then never.
An if anyone needs a stock exhaust off an xr8 I've got one here still in really good nic it's only done 85000km I put a stainless one on.
Chrispys-xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #1759
bagt351
Starter Motor

Hi my name is Frank Mamone I'm sydney based I have an XM falcon that I'm
building.
I hope to finish it in time for both my daughters formals should be fun.
Thanks for that.

While I'm here can any one tell me the widest rim I can fit under the rear of my XM sedan in a 15inch? Thanks
bagt351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #1760
f4dpr
Starter Motor

Hi Guys,

I've been cruising this site for some time. Information on this site is awesome. My name is Frank, from Auckland NZ. My ride is 2000 Au Ford FLN Ghia 6C . I have in progress a 1987 FE Ford LTD, and a1990 NA Ford Fairlane, parts for these cars are becoming very rare in this country.
f4dpr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #1761
autopartswa
part supplier perth wa

hi all
my name is pete from perth
am new to the forums and have been looking at joining one for ever, i am a spare parts interpreter and sit on the fence when it comes to cars i have a 69 gt capri, 08 bf f6 sedan and my daily drive is my holden commodore vy ss ute i have been playing with cars since 12 years old and hopefully i can spread some of my knowledge as have worked at ford dealers and brake places. At the same time would even like to learn some new stuff too
autopartswa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #1762
monzookey
Starter Motor

Hi, Guys, I am new here.

I stay in Brisbane and will buy a pre-owned Ford Focus soon.

Nice to meet you guys

Last edited by monzookey; 14-05-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: providing more info about myself
monzookey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #1763
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottypaul
There's a guide in my signature... which I reckon is the best
A friendly mod might put it with the "official" guides if I'm lucky
graham_h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #1764
falcon58
Starter Motor

Hi All. ride is a 71 xy falcon
falcon58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #1765
XRLENT
Starter Motor

Hey all just joined and thought I'd say hi seeing I'm a newbie. So hi.

And my ride is a ford xr6 turbo bf mkII bionic blue sedan.

Cheers Joe
XRLENT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #1766
tedza_24
Starter Motor

Hi everyone. Need to get my first post out of the way, so here it is.
I currently drive an sy territory but I hope for that to change to a BF GT-P soon.

Cheers JT
tedza_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #1767
mr xf ute
Starter Motor

hi all howare you i have a xf ford ute
mr xf ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #1768
LTD747

Hey all ford fellas, just bought a ex taxi, bf 05 a mOnth ago as a project car, hope to get alot of help in completing that .
LTD747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #1769
The Doc 460

Hi, everyone just joined your Forum...we are a Family of Ford Lovers and our lastest edition is something very special, maybe some of your members have seen him before, he is called The Doctor...check out our picture from Calder on Saturday....hoping to make the Ford Forum Nationals as well...Cheers Stimpy
The Doc 460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #1770
woody.t
Starter Motor

hi guys, only ever owned subarus and done a few conversions in them converting some old 1.8 carbies to 2l litre turbos and that sort of stuff and have my current liberty wagon with a japanese imported 2L turbo lift kit and some other stuff for having fun in getting off road for surfing and want something abit more sedate to cruise around in ... my sister had an old xm sedan and i've always loved the xm wagon so on the look out for something similiar to start a restore on
woody.t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post