Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #121
tray_18
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How old were you when you moved out of home..?

I was 20 . It was my own chose. my mum cried when i left i think she would liked me to never move out lol. But when i have to stay over i think to my self how did i ever live here lol. Its heaps better living out of home . Except for the money side lol

Interior by Leather FX, PM vegabass for all your interior needs
tray_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #122
AD07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Getting rid of the girl or moving out of home?
Both !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AD07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #123
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Moved out at 25. Mum and Dad were moving down onto the Mornington Peninsula, but 2 mates and I were planning to move out anyway. Dad jokes with people they had to move to get me out. Within 12 months of moving out bought my current car outright and started saving again. Took me another 7 years while renting with friends, renting alone and changes with work and money until I got my unit on my own. My parents helped with part of the deposit - we got the choice of paying a certain amount towards a wedding or a house. Living as a bachelor - so no wedding.

Once you move out - if your relationship with your family isn't bad to start with, it gets better as you don't see them as much. Same with the siblings. That and Mum doesn't get as many opportunities to nag me.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #124
weairy
Piston Broke

I moved out at 17, about 3 weeks off 18, for the sake of uni. Then I got a job instead of uni, and stayed out of home until about 6 months ago when I had to move back home. But, I plan to be back out before I'm 21.
Old 26-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #125
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

Moved out at 16, didnt see eye to eye with my step dad. Lived here and there for a couple of years now married (Rach and I just had our 5th wedding anniversery) got two girls (Kayla 9 and Hayley 6) and we purchased our first house in 2009. We rented for a few years and struggled for a good part of it, both really fell on our feet about 5-6 years back and are set now. Even have money in the bank again

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #126
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

I left when I was 14. Old man went bush, I decided to stay put. Stayed with some great family friends, completed year 9. Changed schools/towns to get closer to my sister. Lasted 6 months at the catholic college, ended up out bush with my old man doing the rest of year 10 via distance education. Completed half of year 11 at a student hostel, then went to work.
Old 27-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #127
brydie76
Moff-fan

20, still living at home. Work full time, but also study full time at uni and the pay is crap. Between that and the loan repayments on my car, no way I'd be able to support myself financially or physically (ie time to cook meals, do housekeeping, etc) if I moved out. My parents are beyond amazing and let me stay at home rent free, and I honestly don't help out as much as I should to thank them for it (although last year when I was only at uni I basically ran the house, so I hopefully built up a bit of credit there!). It's agreed between us though that once I finish uni, I will be expected to start contributing towards bills and some rent. So I'm now not only trying to pay off my loan as quickly as I can, but also save as much as I can for a house deposit. I still have a bit of a way to go in the financial sense area (my AMEX bill coming up won't be too nice!), but I'm doing a lot better than my high school friends (and whilst I do spend, my loans till goes down each month and the savings account balance goes up). My uni and work friends are tight as and will get their houses before me, but I don't care- I enjoy having fun and some nice stuff too!

Interesting proposition my parents gave to me too- I buy my house, live in it for a bit (to get used to it/get whatever scheme the govt may be offering at the time), then rent it out and move back home for a couple of years. I like the idea of somebody else paying off my mortgage, but not sure if I will like the independence more yet haha!

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #128
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

18 when I first moved out of 'home'

20 now and have been living on my own means the whole time. Feels good.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post