Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-04-2012, 02:44 AM   #121
Buntz
Straight Eight

Default Re: VFacts March..Mazda wins AGAIN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
The C1 platform was not Ford's on their own it was a joint development between Volvo, Ford and Mazda.
But it's registered as Ford because had the power and the money. And everything made under their reign got their registered code name. So it's their Intellectual Property. Mazda and Volvo must still licence it. Like Vovlo also do for EUCD. They probably did most the work. I don't know. End of the day, it was all Ford registered IP. Which was a clever move on their part.

Hell. Aston Martins architecture is called the 'Ford VH Platform'. By all rights they could put a Lincoln top hat on that architecture. Same with DEW98 (do I have that right?) Jag's are still built off of it. I don't know about Land Rover/Range Rover... if their platforms are Ford registered coz I have no interest in SUV's outside of Territory.

But I digress. All this was to inform people that Mazda's 3 isn't all Mazda. Their SkyActiv engines are their own though, as well as a few more things probably. But it's still just the great small car that makes Focus a great small car. Mazda just appeals to people with their 'really out there' styling. Like a giant piranha fish that wants to eat you. And they have marketing that speaks to people about the product. Their recent campaign about how the 3 is a drivers car, that loves you back and rewards you, and sneaks out and buys you presents.

Clearly their is nothing wrong with the products Ford is selling. It's the stigma of owning a Ford. And Ford can either continue to fall backwards and do nothing, or they can do something about it and bring people back to the brand.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:55 AM   #122
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the good old falcon ute!!! I personally think ford should make a four wheel drive (with extra clearance) option for its ute with a diesel (ute only). I reckon it would sell very well!!. tell ya what. i'd buy on of those new FG trayback utes if i could afford one. that smokers pack thing you can get for it is great in my opinion. would be better if it was a proper ash tray and you could get the option on a column shift thou. miss seeing an ash tray an lighter in some modern day cars. little things like that impress me as stupid as it may sound.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #123
BP'93

Anyone got March '12 Vfacts figures for:

Holden - Colorado, Combo, Epica?

Hyundai - i40, i45, Santa Fe, iLOAD, Getz, Granduer?

Cheers
BP'93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #124
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP'93
Anyone got March '12 Vfacts figures for:

Holden - Colorado, Combo, Epica?

Hyundai - i40, i45, Santa Fe, iLOAD, Getz, Granduer?

Cheers
Are you serious? Getz and Grandeur were discontinued last year, so the number is 0 for both.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #125
BP'93

I know, but so was Epica & it's still selling a couple cars. Grandeur sold 1 car in January so who knows how many are left. Plus the last Monaro sold was actually was registered in Vfacts March '11, given it's been out for 4-5 years now.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #126
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Not necessarily - like most manufacturers there are still sales for discontinued model - remember it took nearly a year after Fairlane was chopped before the last one sold. There were actually Grandeur sales in January this year.

Colorado 39 / 413 (4x2/4x4)
Combo 34
Epica 3

i40 198
i45 340
Santa Fe 353
iLOAD 553
Getz 0
Granduer 0

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #127
BP'93

Cheers Russell.

Just a question, when Vfacts are released every month, are you able to possibly post the table with Ford, Holden, VW up please? Or does it depend on the month & if you can get it or not?