Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #121
Deco28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
Another reason Falcon needs Sync ASAP!
As promising as the touch screen sounds, need more than a fancy screen to make an interior, unlessthe screen was like the split range rover one I saw on Top gear.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #122
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

How about 4 LEDs arranged in a diamond pattern on the keyfob, used to point in the direction of the car. This would be useful in carparks and the like.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #123
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deco28
As promising as the touch screen sounds, need more than a fancy screen to make an interior, unlessthe screen was like the split range rover one I saw on Top gear.
The article mentions increased functionality from the unit including full iPod & iPhone integration. Let’s not forget the VF is around the corner, which is to incorporate an overhauled interior so I think this information is the thin edge of the wedge.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #124
barra265t
Banned

Auto retracting door mirrors. Especially when you park on a narrow street and ur mirror gets knocked off by some idiot driver.
barra265t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #125
Deco28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
The article mentions increased functionality from the unit including full iPod & iPhone integration. Let’s not forget the VF is around the corner, which is to incorporate an overhauled interior so I think this information is the thin edge of the wedge.
I understand that. I just mean if their updated interior isn't still anygood, the screen will only distract journo's and buyers for a short while.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 03:47 AM   #126
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

-New V8
-XR6 gets extra power
-New wheels for the FPVs
-Updated looks/bodykits (bring back the real XR look)
-Espresso machine with makeup mirror, handle cooler (so you don't burn your hands drinking your espresso), customisable lighting, 3" LCD TV display with full PC functionality and child monitor, vibrating 'hand' massage function, limited-slip mug, ceramic coated buttons, anti-lock froth mechanism, solar powered water boiling, hybrid battery (combination of electric/pulley system) and FULL iPhone cappucino compatibility.

I don't think i'm asking too much of Ford?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #127
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
-XR6 gets extra power
-Updated looks/bodykits (bring back the real XR look)
+1 for those ideas, although I would add the quad lights for xr's into that too.

I don't like the chances though. :rolleyes:
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #128
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

What the heck is the 'Real' XR look?

Lukeyson
Old 03-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #129
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

How about a 24 000 BTU Daikin Air Conditioner mounted on the back shelf ?
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #130
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
What the heck is the 'Real' XR look?

Lukeyson
The quadlights.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #131
CANFRY
Ba xr6

all falcon's should have a limo diff
specially the xr6's
CANFRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #132
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

* Warning triangle
* First Aid Kit
* Safety Vest
** Optional fire extinguisher to remain under 'accessory'. list
* Rear fog lamp - esp new 'automatic' brightness level adjustment LED compliance version.
* DAB+ sound system with USB/AUX et al.
* Vaporiser - to extinguish lead traffic within 100m!
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #133
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

From a taxi point of view I want NONE of the extra electronics, just more crap to break - some mechanical improvements are needed

A diff bush/rear suspension setup that will last at least as long as the gearbox

Some proper supportive seats that dont sag, crack, break etc
Heating cooling not needed, a/c or heater does that

A working handbrake that doesn't require weekly adjustment to keep the fun police happy

Proper factory dual fuel SVI LPG option
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #134
doddso99

My dads BMW has the little button on the steering wheel that voice controls everything. Sat nav, Radio, lights. I don't know if the new Fords have it. But it is the most nifty thing.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #135
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about full instrumentation ? as per the 90's Falcons ????
Old 08-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #136
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had a drive of my brothers 97 soarer last week, hmmm fell in love with a heated seats with full seat electrics on these cold winter mornings.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #137
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i had a drive of my brothers 97 soarer last week, hmmm fell in love with a heated seats with full seat electrics on these cold winter mornings.
Been told repeatedly that we don't need them in Australia because it's warm enough here.

My last car had heated leather seats, it's only just the start of winter and I already miss them.. :(
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #138
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra265t
Auto retracting door mirrors. Especially when you park on a narrow street and ur mirror gets knocked off by some idiot driver.
Not much point on FGs, because the mirrors barely fold anyway.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:13 AM   #139
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu.14.nd
all falcon's should have a limo diff
specially the xr6's
What about limos?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #140
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

After driving my missus' micra around...

Auto window down/up feature. Such a simple little thing...But so damn good!

One feature I love on my BA, is that after the car is switched off, key out, you can still use your electric windows for a brief period of time...

I always get caught out in dads Mitsu Challenger and missus' micra, I turn the car off, then have to flick the key back on to put the windows up. So damn annoying.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #141
almostsane

1. Ford SYNC
2. Customizable LCD cluster (colours, what to display...custom gauge design etc)
3. mirror dip on reverse
4. hot bikini babe as standard
Old 09-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #142
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Been told repeatedly that we don't need them in Australia because it's warm enough here.

My last car had heated leather seats, it's only just the start of winter and I already miss them.. :(
yep , they are nice indeed, even if it could be on the option list would be nice.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #143
JimNiki
71Mach1

Just got a quote back from FORD to supply the next model will all the above features.
This also includes a fully skinnable LCD dash.
That'll be $23,598,342.45 but cheaper if bought in fleet lots.
(plus extra for full size spare of course).

Seriously, I just want one thing and I ain't gonna get it.
I just want push rods back.
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #144
MexicanBatman
Banned

My 1991 soarer has most of this ****

Tv nav proper sound system folding mirrors hot seats auto up down windows double door hinges electric automatic steering column projector lamps and stacks more all still works and it came out back in 1991

And also factory reverse camera touch screen LCD auto lights turning lights 3 sun visors ride height adjustable auto leveling air suspension that's road speed sensitive ( that's the cheap model, the good one had active suspension)

Drivers seat way more comfortable than the g6e

Only thing it hasn't got is Bluetooth but then again phones didn't even SMS back them and everyone still loved cassette tapes

Last edited by andrewg6e; 09-06-2010 at 02:11 PM.
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #145
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewg6e
My 1991 soarer has most of this ****

Tv nav proper sound system folding mirrors hot seats auto up down windows double door hinges electric automatic steering column projector lamps and stacks more all still works and it came out back in 1991

And also factory reverse camera touch screen LCD auto lights turning lights 3 sun visors ride height adjustable auto leveling air suspension that's road speed sensitive ( that's the cheap model, the good one had active suspension)

Drivers seat way more comfortable than the g6e

Only thing it hasn't got is Bluetooth but then again phones didn't even SMS back them and everyone still loved cassette tapes
i don`t think you can compare a soarer to falcon, the soarer was a much more expensive car, but i have to admit the 97 model i drove had the best seat without any doubt of any car i have ever driven in my 30+ years of driving.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #146
MexicanBatman
Banned

No not really, the soarer only a few inches shorter than my g6e has zero boot and rear passenger room, but I miss the seat, I'm forever adjusting the fg's and just can't get it right.... On the other hand you can't give a soarer away these days LOL..

All I'd like on my falcon is projector low beams auto up windows and heated seats.

People were missing the point with heated seats

Those like me who have had them before can tell you that they are very much missed..

With heated seats you don't need to drive around with the heater on as much, or you can have it at a lower setting ( reducing driver fatigue ) they keep your core warm, great when your a bit stiff in the back, crank them up and its almost like having a spa...

I used ton have mine set on high and in winter drive around with no heater on and just fresh air mode and it was great, it's a feature I'd use far more than cooled seats which would be suited to a convertible better than a tin top with good window tint and a/c..

Add to much more cream to the falcon and your going to have to start paying big $$$
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #147
Rastas

Heated seats, hmmm maybe for a few days of the year, id prefere to see an option like a sunroof wich incorperates solar panels to run an interior cooling system while the vehical is parked out in the hot sun ! I believe the prius has something similer .
Rastas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #148
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastas
Heated seats, hmmm maybe for a few days of the year
I used to use mine 6 months out of the year.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #149
Danny
GT4.

Yeah, I def reckon that they need the auto down and up feature incl. the key fob window control. (The Renault and our X5 has it on ALL windows), also the auto down mirror on reverse, X5 has that and its SO helpful (spesh with the 20's), and would be a welcome addition for the 19's on the FPV and the XR.

I think the Electrochromatic mirror would be a fantastic one to put as a standard feature across the board, and same with auto wipers. The Renault and the Bimmer has this and today driving home from work in the XR in Melbournes here it is - now it isn't - now its bucketing down rain, I Fooked around with the wipers for the whole drive (on/off, changing intermittant speed), which was a little annoying, where the Clio and X5 would just one flick and Bobs yer Auntie. Xenons on high speccers (As it's frustrating that our near 60K FPV has 30K XT headlights in it), as well as some LED Taillights. Not fazed about the LED fronts, I'd rather wait till a new shape where the designers at FOA can intergrate them properly unlike our Friends at HSV.

My mode of thinking has for a long time been with these falcons that If a Hyundai or a Kia ships standard with features that a Falcon doesn't (like the wipers and auto down windows and electro mirrors etc), then GOD almighty Ford you'd better get your act together!!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #150
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I was reading in the FG manual that auto mirror down is a feature, so I assumed higher end models would have it.