Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #121
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Beware Mario's Trailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintman1 View Post
At 23 I was commanding earth orbiting NASA satellites and lunar experimentation packages (ALSEP). You were???
Of course you were, I designed the equipment you used when I was 8.

By the way I asked what you are willing to lose not what you did, there goes your lack of basic comprehension already...

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 28-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #122
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Smart = anybody but you....
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
So when have you net me?? I am willing to bet that I am smarter than you, how much are you willing to lose, now it's time to put up or shut up??

Lets compare university entry exam results, great test of generall intelligence and problem soling ability.
What are we going to have now, Ego's at 20 paces ?
Old 28-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #123
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Of course you were, I designed the equipment you used when I was 8.

By the way I asked what you are willing to lose not what you did, there goes your lack of basic comprehension already...
Orroral Valley Tracking Station, research it. Oh and you have nothing I need, it would be broken anyway....
Now don't you have some bearings that need 'checking'
Old 28-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #124
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Orroral Valley Tracking Station, research it. Oh and you have nothing I need, it would be broken anyway....
Now don't you have some bearings that need 'checking'
Still having difficulty comprehending basic sentences and formulating an answer

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 28-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #125
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
What are we going to have now, Ego's at 20 paces ?
Dumkopf like him have egos?
Old 28-11-2015, 02:43 PM   #126
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^^ keep it going, this is good stuff..!!!
Old 28-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #127
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes of course I should have, I should probably have x rayed all the welds, sonic tested the steel frame, and done a forensic analysis on the age of the rubber in the tyres, then got the three independent engineers reports before taking delivery of a brand new car trailer. This is of course on top of stripping chemically cleaning and and repacking the bearings prior to every drive and every three month which ever comes first.

Of course after doing that I would have to obtain three engineers reports again as the trailer had clearly been modified when the new grease got added, of course the grease used must come with a certificate of authenticity that it was mouth mixed by naked Himalayan virgins before being packed and imported into Australia.

Anything else I should have done??
Now, lets talk about those naked Himalayan virgins, I'm calling BS on this one unless I see pics.
Old 28-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #128
olfella
Cranky old bastard

I am just wondering how long the little avatar bloke can keep slapping his head.

Last edited by olfella; 28-11-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: peeing myself laughing
This user likes this post:
Old 28-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #129
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
I am just wondering how long the little avatar bloke can keep slapping his head.
dats a mario looling @ some boofhead on the nertz crying about one of his trailers

trailer bearings were apparently checked over and adjusted at 12 month roady

no issues were reported??
3 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #130
MrEL
Sick Puppy

When putting your hard earned down on the trailer in the first place did you ask what bearings they used? Wouldn't you have asked what brand of bearings they were when asking if they were Ford or Holden type or a parallel bearing?
Even us people that supposedly do not have the intellectual prowless of your good self , knows that trailer builders use the cheapest bits they can get.
You buy a brand new trailer with second hand wheels and tyres fitted. Do you honestly think they will fit the best quality stuff where you cant see it?
Old 28-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #131
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

Australian consumer law says that an item sold has to be fit for the purpose. Now let us look at business models. To start you need a good product, and a good price to get people to try you. Think Japanese Cars in the 60's. When you have established a name, you can charge more. If there is perceived quality difference, you can up the price again. The price alone doesn't mean a good or bad product.

Name dropping shows you are full of BS. Were you in charge of Cleaners or Gardeners ? I remember when Orroral ran XB Falcons, did you check the wheel bearings each shift ? How often if not ?
Old 28-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #132
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFGasUte View Post
Hello,

Australian consumer law says that an item sold has to be fit for the purpose. Now let us look at business models. To start you need a good product, and a good price to get people to try you. Think Japanese Cars in the 60's. When you have established a name, you can charge more. If there is perceived quality difference, you can up the price again. The price alone doesn't mean a good or bad product.

Name dropping shows you are full of BS. Were you in charge of Cleaners or Gardeners ? I remember when Orroral ran XB Falcons, did you check the wheel bearings each shift ? How often if not ?
Technician inside not mechanic up the hill. Off topic but best Product testing for Ford according to them, they couldn't duplicate it. Refused to replace windscreens under warranty after a while (body flex) as they hadn't envisaged Falcons would be used in such a manner (5 up, flat out). Good times!
Old 28-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #133
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hello,

Australian consumer law says that an item sold has to be fit for the purpose. Now let us look at business models. To start you need a good product, and a good price to get people to try you.?
No doubt it should last 10 years but sometimes you need to apply common sense I bought a cheap electronic dizzy for my xa GT for 95 bucks, its a Bosch knock off, so I replaced module, cap, rotor and measured it all up before I used it. I was not expecting to be as good as 500 Bosch one. If it fails now I'll bin it..

The OP owns a show quality xb coupe and given the price of a Marios POS trailer he did not think to check the bearings hubs and axles, imagine if he was trailering his coupe.

I don't disagree with him... he's dam lucky it could have been alot worse.
Old 28-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #134
barnz_xr8
Turbo 358W

wow this mans trailer loses a wheel at highway speeds on a new trailer, and that's his fault ? just proves the reputation of this site here now.
Old 28-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #135
barnz_xr8
Turbo 358W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
When putting your hard earned down on the trailer in the first place did you ask what bearings they used? Wouldn't you have asked what brand of bearings they were when asking if they were Ford or Holden type or a parallel bearing?
Even us people that supposedly do not have the intellectual prowless of your good self , knows that trailer builders use the cheapest bits they can get.
You buy a brand new trailer with second hand wheels and tyres fitted. Do you honestly think they will fit the best quality stuff where you cant see it?
lololol who the hell thinks of bearing quality when buying a new trailer?
Old 28-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #136
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnz_xr8 View Post
wow this mans trailer loses a wheel at highway speeds on a new trailer, and that's his fault ? just proves the reputation of this site here now.
It wasn't new. Not a lot of intellectual rigour shown by most here, a pity as it could be a good forum
Old 28-11-2015, 05:05 PM   #137
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

When I bought my trailer I checked the stud pattern was the same as my car. The wheels were second hand which is quite normal at entry level to keep the price low. Often you can hear a bad bearing, but I always try and wobble the wheels. A wheel should not come off a new ( distance wise trailer ) I am at a loss to understand how people think this is the owners fault.
Old 28-11-2015, 05:10 PM   #138
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hello,

When I bought my trailer I checked the stud pattern was the same as my car. The wheels were second hand which is quite normal at entry level to keep the price low. Often you can hear a bad bearing, but I always try and wobble the wheels. A wheel should not come off a new ( distance wise trailer ) I am at a loss to understand how people think this is the owners fault.
FFS. Maybe because a 3rd party not tied to the vendor had a play with it.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2015, 05:11 PM   #139
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
my self serviced trailer has done over 30k trouble free

i had a bad case of cbf and had some random workshop do the next service

( insert / new / trailer)

my wheel fell off

buck stops at who touched it last
2 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #140
tonys6550

Which Mario Trailers should I stay clear of? The one in Sydney or Newcastle? Or should I stay away from both?

Bit of a bugger it happening to you but at least no one was hurt, just a hit to your back pocket and lesson learnt I guess.

Just on a side note though, there are some post's in this thread that are absolutely despicable, bordering on cultural racism in my opinion. Some of the idle venomous posts are hurtful to some people and businesses alike. Being called out for it, then replying that it was just a joke, doesn't cut it.

A case of 'moderators asleep at the wheel' perhaps.
Old 28-11-2015, 05:27 PM   #141
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:
lololol who the hell thinks of bearing quality when buying a new trailer?
Someone who knows what they are talking about.
Its been common knowledge for years that there are Chinese and Indian bearings on the market and they are crap.
Old 28-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #142
BFGasUte
Banned

Quote:
FFS. Maybe because a 3rd party not tied to the vendor had a play with it.
Hello,

There is some playing here, it seems to be you.
Old 28-11-2015, 05:43 PM   #143
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hello,

There is some playing here, it seems to be you.
My wife worked in the legal arena for 25 years. Fair chance you're the one 'playing'
Old 28-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #144
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

I was going to say something I shouldn't, but I will logoff off instead. There are better places to be with out idiots.
Old 28-11-2015, 06:43 PM   #145
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hello,

I was going to say something I shouldn't, but I will logoff off instead. There are better places to be with out idiots.
You are. Good riddance!
Old 28-11-2015, 06:53 PM   #146
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

I vote for this thread to be closed, got to be done by now
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 28-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #147
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys6550 View Post
Which Mario Trailers should I stay clear of? The one in Sydney or Newcastle? Or should I stay away from both?

Bit of a bugger it happening to you but at least no one was hurt, just a hit to your back pocket and lesson learnt I guess.

Just on a side note though, there are some post's in this thread that are absolutely despicable, bordering on cultural racism in my opinion. Some of the idle venomous posts are hurtful to some people and businesses alike. Being called out for it, then replying that it was just a joke, doesn't cut it.

WTF is 'cultural racism'??? Is this a new 'demon' so more people can confect some sort of offence???
Old 28-11-2015, 07:39 PM   #148
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah some guy said don't buy stuff with wheels from wogs....
Old 28-11-2015, 07:40 PM   #149
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys6550 View Post
Just on a side note though, there are some post's in this thread that are absolutely despicable, bordering on cultural racism in my opinion.
I think the post you are referring to was the one stating "If it has wheels don't buy it from wogs"

If so that particular poster has Italian parents and grandparents, both living here, so I think he's allowed to laugh at his heritage.

Asleep, no....laughing, yes.
Old 28-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #150
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who here would expect their new trailer to throw a wheel at 3000km? Cmon guys get over yourselves. 90% of the population don't know a thing about checking or servicing their trailer bearings. Forums meant for helping people not for putting a guy down for sharing his experience.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread