Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2021, 10:15 AM   #14101
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Well...

Tourism minister must be a member

Radio just said that there is no reason why several travel bubbles can't be established once 80% vaccination is achieved.

The minister pretty much mentioned every country I did plus a few more.

Its bound to happen my friends. After 80% vaccinated rates tapers off so they can't keep us here forever.

I'm aiming for an OS holiday in January and it seems it may actually happen.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Qantas is on your side, too YF:

Quote:
Qantas outlines strategy for restarting international flights
While we're on Qantas, they've also released a strategy for restarting international travel.

It's all dependent on government decisions of course and requires Australia to reach National Cabinet’s ‘Phase C’ vaccination threshold of 80 per cent in December, which would trigger the gradual reopening of international borders.

Here's a brief outline of what they're planning for:

From mid-December 2021, flights would start from Australia to COVID-safe destinations, which are likely to include Singapore, the US, Japan, the UK and Canada

Flights to destinations that still have low vaccine rates and high levels of COVID infection will now be pushed out from December 2021 until April 2022 – including Bali, Jakarta, Manila, Bangkok, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh City and Johannesburg

Flights between Australia and NZ will be on sale for travel from mid-December 2021 on the assumption some or all parts of the two-way bubble will restart

Flights to Hong Kong will restart in February and the rest of the Qantas and Jetstar international network is planned to open up from April 2022, with capacity increasing gradually

“It’s obviously up to government exactly how and when our international borders re-open, but with Australia on track to meet the 80 per cent trigger agreed by National Cabinet by the end of the year, we need to plan ahead for what is a complex restart process," Qantas chief Alan Joyce said in a statement.
Thought the attached gif was appropriate for you, too, YF

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 10:51 AM   #14102
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Re: UK cases

There isn't really a breakdown for those UK number as yet (it takes awhile) but what I can say is that in the first 14 day period after freedom day:

55.1% of the 1,467 hospitalisation were unvaccinated;
34.9% had been double vaccinated; and
the balance (10%) had a single dose.

The USA CDC has reported only 0.01% of breakthrough cases require hospitalisation or result in death but that's at odds with both the UK and Israeli data. It's also at odds with the Florida data which suggests that ~3% of vaccinated infections require hospitalisation and ~1% die.

However, whatever the real numbers are there is no doubt that unvaccinated people are something like ~25x more likely to be hospitalised and 35x more likely to die than fully vaccinated ones.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 26-08-2021 at 11:13 AM.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 10:52 AM   #14103
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
PS The latest covid buzzword seems to be 'furlough'.
we did notice that, my wife and I just looked at other and shrugged
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 11:10 AM   #14104
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
we did notice that, my wife and I just looked at other and shrugged
Very Brittish....basically everyone got furloughed there.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 11:21 AM   #14105
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
The death toll will only be acceptable when it's not YOUR family member ....when it is it's going to make you more angry how pollies and health professionals have let things get out of hand and question the decisions that have been made

I still think lockdowns are an effective tool done properly at the start of an outbreak ( extremely difficult with delta) but you need the people onboard with it were all still learning and getting better at it ....businesses are adapting organising online orders etc .....sure were going to have to open up after vaccinating and in NSW that's really the only option they have but knowledge is the key and the longer you can delay it the more we learn by other countries examples

If you use the UK and USA as models to follow your heading down a slippery slope because they've both made some pretty horrendous blunders ....I think time is an allie and the longer we can keep safe the better .....get used to local holliday's and wait for the technology to evolve
Not at all. Even the anti vaxxers (2 of them!!) in my family have decided to get vaccinated, their love of travel is the ONLY reason they are getting it. The ONLY reason deaths will be as high as outlined is that there will be 30% of people who dont trust the vaccine. The world cannot stop for them, it is an opt in (and always should be).

If someone in my family decides not to get vaccinated, it is their choice, but I will not keep society hostage due to their choice.

You will not keep it out forever, you will have to ban all travel to NZ if you want to live a life in an ark. It is not just UK and US, it is Italy, France - everywhere else. Both AUS and NZ did well, but in my opinion time is right to get everyone who wants a vaccine to have one, then take it on. NZ will wither away and be left behind if you stay in a cocoon for 5 or more years.

3 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 11:23 AM   #14106
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Not a good result for Victoria, in respect of reported cases from Wednesday and the state’s policy direction. I hope the government can keep up its support for vaccination and continually review their practically attainable goals.
Old 26-08-2021, 12:01 PM   #14107
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
This reminds me of that classroom scene in Dangerous Minds.

Kids say they had 'no choice' but everyone always has a choice, you may just not like the options or alternatives that go against what you want.

But you always have a choice.

I respect those responses far more than the 'F U, we will do what we want how we want when we want because we are 'free' and it's 'our choice' to make not yours and no one can tell us otherwise' mentality displayed by some.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 26-08-2021, 12:03 PM   #14108
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Not at all. Even the anti vaxxers (2 of them!!) in my family have decided to get vaccinated, their love of travel is the ONLY reason they are getting it. The ONLY reason deaths will be as high as outlined is that there will be 30% of people who dont trust the vaccine. The world cannot stop for them, it is an opt in (and always should be).

If someone in my family decides not to get vaccinated, it is their choice, but I will not keep society hostage due to their choice.

You will not keep it out forever, you will have to ban all travel to NZ if you want to live a life in an ark. It is not just UK and US, it is Italy, France - everywhere else. Both AUS and NZ did well, but in my opinion time is right to get everyone who wants a vaccine to have one, then take it on. NZ will wither away and be left behind if you stay in a cocoon for 5 or more years.
If the anti vaxers think its more vital to travel OS then theyre not true anti vaxers more like not keen on it like a lot of people ....like i was

We wont lock away for five years ....we'd be like cave dwellers .....has that been said before ....did someone say that , think it might have been

I disagree dont think the timings right to open up just my opinion ...good luck to you if you do

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 12:05 PM   #14109
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Better late than never i guess.....

New regional quarantine facility to be built in southern Queensland

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...queensl_260821

Quote:
Construction is underway for a 1000-bed quarantine facility in Toowoomba in southern Queensland.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced the news at this morning's COVID-19 press conference.
...and i see NSW have cracked the 1000 new cases barrier with 1029 local new cases + 5 internationals....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 26-08-2021 at 12:19 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 12:06 PM   #14110
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Not a good result for Victoria, in respect of reported cases from Wednesday and the state’s policy direction. I hope the government can keep up its support for vaccination and continually review their practically attainable goals.
Not a good day for NSW either, with cases breaking through the 1000 mark today. I'm not posting this figure as a way of competing, just pointing out that the situation in both states is getting worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This user likes this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 12:08 PM   #14111
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW doing a great job of controlling the outbreak, over 1000 new cases in the last 24 hours and 3 deaths, and she didn't mention the 3 people who died 'had underlying health issues', so I can only assume that the didn't have any 'underlying health issues'
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 12:12 PM   #14112
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

here here, I understand Poodog's POV, especially the learning as time goes by, thats a given but as we've seen even those way ahead of us have hurdles/new waves occuring again so how long do you keep waiting whilst all around you other structures/lives/livelyhoods/well being are caving in.

Hey I'm sure none of us will be greatly confident once things open up that little more (and still being very careful), things won't be the same barring those idiots who dgaf but sadly we can't hide for how much longer ???
Touch wood these vax's help, doesn't look like they last that long so it will be having boosters for sometime I expect but we got to open the doors.
Its just as much harm keeping closed in other ways.

We have that moron in WA not allowing people from NSW see family on compassionate grounds now, like Poodog mentions, say its your family member on their last legs and political barriers and utter arrogance is stopping you go over.
I know a member here from WA has a very aging mother in SA, he can't go there due to many hurdles, running a business, likely hood of qauranteen etcetc...countless stories similar I'm sure all know and live.

Its our WW111 - a germ warfare, harder compared to the previous WW's for you can't see this enemy untill its striked.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
3 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 12:28 PM   #14113
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The lockdown in regional NSW has been extended to midnight on Friday September 10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 26-08-2021, 12:40 PM   #14114
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Monday and Tuesday results tend to be either a slight decline or a stabilising, Im predicting 1k+ cases on Wednesday
Missed it by a day.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 12:44 PM   #14115
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 25th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,009 new cases for Australia and 2 deaths so the CMR is 2.109%. NSW set another record high with 921 cases and the total is also a new record high.

63 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.823%.

The UK had a higher 35,547 cases yesterday and lower 149 deaths for a CMR of 2.003%.

A higher 164,206 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 1,397 deaths sees CMR at 1.663%.

Other notable points:

Global cases pass 214M, the last 1M in 2 days;

Laos (952);
Australia (1,009);
Sri Lanka (4,483) - the 8th consecutive day; and
Vietnam (12,096)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Ethiopia moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while France, Senegal and Pakistan drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #14116
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Watching the ruby princess squawking away at a presser.
She reckons when the magic 70 % is reached it’s chocks away.
And just how will the compliant citizenry be identified and verified ?
Tattoo on forehead and chip in wrist ?
Endless opportunities for cheating otherwise.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 12:55 PM   #14117
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe View Post
Qantas already has an uploaded copy of my vacc certificate, my phones digital wallet has a vacc certificate, I can print it out if I dont have a phone.

There will no doubt be lots of "app smarts" being built right now.

No tattoos necessary, you carry your chip in your pocket if you have a phone.

Old 26-08-2021, 01:02 PM   #14118
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Missed it by a day.
My model had predicted Thursday but there's no comfort in that. The 1,034 cases pushes the actual number back above the predictive trend line and the 10DA growth is now 1.091 which could see 2k cases being reached in 8-10 days from now although the model is a bit more generous in saying we'd only be at ~1,800, 10 days from now.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 26-08-2021, 01:04 PM   #14119
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
My model had predicted Thursday but there's no comfort in that. The 1,034 cases pushes the actual number back above the predictive trend line and the 10DA growth is now 1.091 which could see 2k cases being reached in 8-10 days from now although the model is a bit more generous in saying we'd only be at ~1,800, 10 days from now.

You are in the wrong business Russ, can you send this to the Doherty Institute? I think they need a hand!!

7 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 01:23 PM   #14120
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Qantas already has an uploaded copy of my vacc certificate, my phones digital wallet has a vacc certificate, I can print it out if I dont have a phone.

There will no doubt be lots of "app smarts" being built right now.

No tattoos necessary, you carry your chip in your pocket if you have a phone.
I'm hoping they have assess to an independent portal allowing them to verify vaccination independently.

All you need is 2 or 3 unique identifiers and most if it should be computer matched automatically.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 26-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #14121
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post

Agreed, I was going to suggest 1500 by next Wednesday but could easily be more.
What is obvious is that the average is bang on the modelling with the upward spikes getting larger from week to week.
Old 26-08-2021, 01:48 PM   #14122
slowsnake
Banned

My friend in Sydney is an RN at Fairfield Hospital, she is a surgical nurse, emailed today saying all recoveries and surgeries cancelled and she's at home now, no booked shifts to work, am assuming only elective surgeries.

Cheers Billy
Old 26-08-2021, 01:52 PM   #14123
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
here here, I understand Poodog's POV, especially the learning as time goes by, thats a given but as we've seen even those way ahead of us have hurdles/new waves occuring again so how long do you keep waiting whilst all around you other structures/lives/livelyhoods/well being are caving in.

Hey I'm sure none of us will be greatly confident once things open up that little more (and still being very careful), things won't be the same barring those idiots who dgaf but sadly we can't hide for how much longer ???
Touch wood these vax's help, doesn't look like they last that long so it will be having boosters for sometime I expect but we got to open the doors.
Its just as much harm keeping closed in other ways.

We have that moron in WA not allowing people from NSW see family on compassionate grounds now, like Poodog mentions, say its your family member on their last legs and political barriers and utter arrogance is stopping you go over.
I know a member here from WA has a very aging mother in SA, he can't go there due to many hurdles, running a business, likely hood of qauranteen etcetc...countless stories similar I'm sure all know and live.

Its our WW111 - a germ warfare, harder compared to the previous WW's for you can't see this enemy untill its striked.
Get your point of the family interstate ,just the same as family in either country its just a sad state of affairs , really feel for you guys over there ,we have our problems here...just not as advanced as yours ,if Russ's modeling is correct and hes normally correct that 2K cases in 7 -8 days Gladys better get her s##t together and plunge a few more needles in

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
3 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 02:21 PM   #14124
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
My friend in Sydney is an RN at Fairfield Hospital, she is a surgical nurse, emailed today saying all recoveries and surgeries cancelled and she's at home now, no booked shifts to work, am assuming only elective surgeries.

Cheers Billy
Victoria bringing in doctors and nurses from overseas now.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 26-08-2021, 02:28 PM   #14125
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
Get your point of the family interstate ,just the same as family in either country its just a sad state of affairs , really feel for you guys over there ,we have our problems here...just not as advanced as yours ,if Russ's modeling is correct and hes normally correct that 2K cases in 7 -8 days Gladys better get her s##t together and plunge a few more needles in
We all know no matter how well you can prepare there will always be collateral damage sadly to the end game.
I can't even believe I'm typing as such for it could be someone I know or family member let alone others linked here and out there
Its like I'm preparing for the worst as much as I want to move ahead.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 02:48 PM   #14126
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Victoria bringing in doctors and nurses from overseas now.
Have you got a Link for that?
Old 26-08-2021, 02:51 PM   #14127
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Have you got a Link for that?
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...rses-c-3777439

Rides (past and present)

Old 26-08-2021, 02:57 PM   #14128
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope they quarantine and test-test-test those incoming overseas doctors and nurses.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2021, 03:41 PM   #14129
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe
Vax batch number tattooed on the forearm.
Old 26-08-2021, 04:33 PM   #14130
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like NSW Gov has confirmed that they have given up on step 1 of the 4 phase plan, that is, to suppress community transmission before we reach 70%. So whilst the PM is going around slamming other state premiers for what they MIGHT do down the track, he is conveniently giving GB a free pass on the "promise that premiers made to Australians".

Extra freedoms will be given to double vaxxed individuals and families. From mid Sept, limited group gatherings will be permitted for the vaxxed. It sounds good in theory, but will be facinating to see how it is enforced. "Papers please" every time police see a group gathering?

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Closed Thread