Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #91
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
Put an AU1 next to a VT and we'll see which has aged better.... The rear end of the VT is a disaster.
The Au1 still looks dingo ugly sorry.
Vt just looks like a normal sedan.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:28 AM   #92
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt

^^ can someone PS this to change brilliant to ugly?
They should change the black ones number plate from JAB to PUNJAB. Also, I'm not so good with anagrams so hopefully someone can help me out to change the other ones number plate to read "loved by our oriental friends".

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 12-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #93
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

The AU was before it's time and to this day it still looks modern.
The VT now looks old. Did you guys know that the VT was designed in 93? In another country. No wonder it looks old.
OPEL AMIGA.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #94
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERMINATOR X
The AU was before it's time and to this day it still looks modern.
The VT now looks old. Did you guys know that the VT was designed in 93? In another country. No wonder it looks old.
OPEL AMIGA.
Opel Omega you mean
Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #95
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I Personally think the VE is not particularly ugly, It just has a few borrowed stylings.

Rear Lights - Not sure if this is a 70 elbow patched cardigan, or a Mondeo (touche)
Front Lights - are a mighty fine replication of BA lights
Front Flares - look like the false eyelashes of a 50 year old cigarette smoking trollip.

Aside from that, it is the prettiest holden since the VL, so does not belong in this thread.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #96
Martys-Bionic-XR

The new facelifted ranger is HIDEOUS!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #97
bigdude1011

IMO the VE is just a bloated VY-VZ - I still don't like it.

But the '77-'83 Cortina looks sort of melted, sure it has great potential, but it is way too plasticky for the shape.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #98
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ugly cars?

Try;

* VZ Commodore - THE ugliest four door in the universe, hands down!
* Anything from the Nissan stable from 2008 onwards (and yes, that includes the new GT-R)
* VE HSV's
* Anything Korean
* Anything from Dodge
* 4WD's in general (some Range Rover models excluded)
* Anything Subaru (with the exception of some Liberty models)
* White AU series 1 forte wagon (other than this particular model, I quite like the AU range and agree with those who have said it has aged a lot better than the VT Commodore which looks about twenty years old now)
* While I don't think the EL is ugly, I do feel they messed up a brilliant design with the base model and Fairmont's grille design
* BWM 1 series
* Chrysler Crossfire

Yeah, nah, far too many to list...
Old 12-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #99
alter_EGOXR
BF MKII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6
Ugly cars?

* VZ Commodore - THE ugliest four door in the universe, hands down!
* Anything from the Nissan stable from 2008 onwards (and yes, that includes the new GT-R)
i think the VZ commodores look better than the VE commodores...and i also think the VE HSV range is hot...

however you got no arguements from me, when you talk about the nissan range...they are dog ugly! i was never a fan of the skyline, personally i think they look bland...the R33 wasnt soo bad...bt the rear of the R34 is hideous! and a majority of the skylines have that ugly tin can cannon muffler...:
Old 12-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #100
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

please........................... ladies and gentlemen the winner can only be.....KIA SOUL - what the hell is it with that thing?????

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
Old 12-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #101
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayner22
please........................... ladies and gentlemen the winner can only be.....KIA SOUL - what the hell is it with that thing?????
Don't buy the sports version.....named R Soul.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #102
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #103
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

au falcon was pig ugly when new and is still super mega fugly,the older it get the fuglier it gets,sad part is even the xr6 and xr8 were shockers.
ford ka was a disaster.
on the new front there is a new people mover which looks like the rear end was tacked on as an after thought,dunno what breed it is but the rear window area is a true torture to the eyes.
a good sign of a fugly car is a dismal sales record which means 90% of the population stay clear.and the other 10% well all i can say is even the worlds biggest oddballs have fans including cars like the hillman imp etc.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #104
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_landau
au falcon was pig ugly when new and is still super mega fugly,the older it get the fuglier it gets,sad part is even the xr6 and xr8 were shockers.
ford ka was a disaster.
on the new front there is a new people mover which looks like the rear end was tacked on as an after thought,dunno what breed it is but the rear window area is a true torture to the eyes.
a good sign of a fugly car is a dismal sales record which means 90% of the population stay clear.and the other 10% well all i can say is even the worlds biggest oddballs have fans including cars like the hillman imp etc.
S1 and S2 AU made a profit, VE hasn't. Also the AU brought the T3.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #105
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe

i stand corrected,this car is just a little uglier than an au coon.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #106
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Opel Omega you mean
yes. you know what i mean mate. :
Old 12-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #107
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I take no credit for posting that car, it was posted earlier in the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #108
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

I like the VZ calais
I like the VE calais and gts.

But thats just LOOKS. The cars are SH_IT.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #109
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
S1 and S2 AU made a profit, VE hasn't. Also the AU brought the T3.
when ford was selling the el flacon it was australias biggest seeling brand,the au was such a nightmare for ford australia it still hasnt recovered and still hasnt made it back to number 1.the au hurt not only our eyes but hurt ford australia more than any other model.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #110
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Also the AU brought the T3.
And they never made a profit either IIRC
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 12-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #111
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_landau
when ford was selling the el flacon it was australias biggest seeling brand,the au was such a nightmare for ford australia it still hasnt recovered and still hasnt made it back to number 1.the au hurt not only our eyes but hurt ford australia more than any other model.
And apparently dropping the 8 ruined Ford Australia.

Being No 1 in sales doesn't mean anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
And they never made a profit either IIRC
Probably didn't, but great car.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #112
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont get me wrong the au was a good car but just sheer fugly.i also think the stroked windsor was a gem.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #113
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Probably didn't, but great car.
Yeah they didnt but that doesnt take anything away from the T3
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #114
TOM-CAT
F-14 TomCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25

I don't think any ford could possibly lose in an ugly comp to this. The front is o.k but in the flesh this rear end is 10x uglier than in this pic. Also how does one actually see what is behind them through that miniscule window?
To be honest, i dont understand how ANYONE can really think any VE HSV is ugly? They all look HOT (everyone car ive owned is ford), Very Aggresive, Mean, Wide front and back, just all over hot! Especially the HSVs with the big grills on the front!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #115
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamtro
To be honest, i dont understand how ANYONE can really think any VE HSV is ugly? They all look HOT (everyone car ive owned is ford), Very Aggresive, Mean, Wide front and back, just all over hot! Especially the HSVs with the big grills on the front!
HSV sedans look good. The rear of the Maloo looks like it was designed by a 15 year old ricer. They look even more rediculous when driving behind.The top of the hard cover is almost as high as the roofs of other cars.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #116
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The VE HSV Senator is one of the nicest looking cars ive ever seen!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #117
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamtro
Totally agree, and the 275 rears add to the view from the back, IMO and i may get flamed but in stock vs stock looks VE has it all over FG. In the HSV range.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 12-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #118
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:

^^ can someone PS this to change brilliant to ugly?
How about this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60785.jpg (50.9 KB, 184 views)
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #119
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
How about this?

:the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge :the_finge
Old 12-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #120
zetec
Zoom Zoom

You can thank MS Paint