Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #91
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What have people said to you about your car?

Rocked up to my mates place in my Focus on Saturday night, he then asked "You driving your sisters car?"
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #92
F6T
Has V8 envy

"without doubt the fastest car I've ever been in" is what I get most of the time.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #93
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

"Pretty colour ,does it come with a matching handbag ?"
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #94
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One time driving over to my mates house, he was already outside waiting for me and I was like "How long have you been waiting outside for?"
He said " I heard you coming so I walked outside in anticipation"

And one time waiting at the lights somewhere in the outskirts of Ballarat, a molested BA XR6 (Dumped at the back only, stockies on the back 20"s on the front) pulled up next to me and looked at my EB as if I was trash.
In Ballarat there is sort of some gangish thing called the "westies" that usually come from Wendouree west, usually a very rough bunch, well these people were what you could relate to being westies. His passenger laughed at me and just kept glaring. So when the light turned green I planted my foot down as did he and his face when I tore off from the lights would've been hilarious. I went from 0-80 and by the time I hit 80 I was a car length and a bit in front of him, then stayed there as that was the speed limit. They (trying to regain some of their self esteem) just took off.
Made my day and I couldn't stop laughing :P
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #95
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

They always ask me if its the Turbo version. I say yes and they say ****en flies hey? Great looking car....I say yep....
Old 19-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #96
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxctive
One time driving over to my mates house, he was already outside waiting for me and I was like "How long have you been waiting outside for?"
He said " I heard you coming so I walked outside in anticipation"

And one time waiting at the lights somewhere in the outskirts of Ballarat, a molested BA XR6 (Dumped at the back only, stockies on the back 20"s on the front) pulled up next to me and looked at my EB as if I was trash.
In Ballarat there is sort of some gangish thing called the "westies" that usually come from Wendouree west, usually a very rough bunch, well these people were what you could relate to being westies. His passenger laughed at me and just kept glaring. So when the light turned green I planted my foot down as did he and his face when I tore off from the lights would've been hilarious. I went from 0-80 and by the time I hit 80 I was a car length and a bit in front of him, then stayed there as that was the speed limit. They (trying to regain some of their self esteem) just took off.
Made my day and I couldn't stop laughing :P

Without breaking the law, I had a couple of young guys in a VX 225 Clubsport pull up next to me yesterday. I was following the guys for a few kms through town and could see the poor guy struggling with the manual gearbox in the low gears.

Anyway he pulls up next to me at a set of lights with a slight bend in my favor. His mate starts looking over at my stock rocker BA Xr6 and giggles to himself and while looking directly at me said something like " piece of **** ford "

He begins to ref it hard, the lights change, I take off, as does he... heres the poor kid two car lengths back struggling to find second, or whatever he was looking for, he couldn't find.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #97
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"What the hell is it?"
Another guy at a show couldnt get over the exhaust noise
But mostly people have never seen one before (either had I before I bought it)
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #98
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

"What is a TESO?"
"What is a TSSO?"

Some struggle with font.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #99
b2tf
not here much anymore

"please move out of the loading bay"
Old 19-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #100
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

On cruises, it's known as the STUPID TAXI. An Ex taxi shouldn't be the quickest car in the group, every time. lol. Dosen't go down well with people in "Quick" japers. Go the Ex cabs out there, in the world!!!!!!
Old 19-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #101
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE72
"What is a TESO?"
"What is a TSSO?"

Some struggle with font.
I hate that people don't know what the T series are! My mate was looking for
a new car that wasn't a Holden, handled well and was fairly powerful.
"TE50 mate, they're pretty good"
"I don't want another 4cyl man"
"......uh...ok....."
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #102
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Is it a genuine one mate

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #103
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Without breaking the law, I had a couple of young guys in a VX 225 Clubsport pull up next to me yesterday. I was following the guys for a few kms through town and could see the poor guy struggling with the manual gearbox in the low gears.

Anyway he pulls up next to me at a set of lights with a slight bend in my favor. His mate starts looking over at my stock rocker BA Xr6 and giggles to himself and while looking directly at me said something like " piece of **** ford "

He begins to ref it hard, the lights change, I take off, as does he... heres the poor kid two car lengths back struggling to find second, or whatever he was looking for, he couldn't find.
Bahahaha, reminds me of a time I was coming home driving mums 05 XC Barina (Before I bought my car) turning right into the Frankston Freeway off Springvale Rd, there was a guy in this Celica trophy edition I think, the turbo'd one anyway. Me just potting along with my massive 70 odd kw at the flywheel and this guy trying to hammer it past me, he gets to second and all I hear is "GEAR CRUNCHHHHHHH" and other assortments of noises, then he finally gets third and drives off. God I laughed hard.

And another time in Ballarat, after dropping off my partner at work at 6:30am, I was just cruising back to her house when I pulled up next to a VR or VS commodore, dumped at the back on stockies and he floored it from the lights.... all I saw was a bucket load of smoke get dumped from his exhaust, oh Ballarat P-platers, how you make me laugh.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #104
homegrown
hotshot

What most people say. Hey is it a geniune? Hey is it a 351?
Answer to both, no.
Most of the times I get people offering me to buy coupe parts off them. Clearly I have all the parts I need but will still have boots bonnets doors offered at ridiculous prices.
Old 19-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #105
Bent8
Long live the GT !

In the past 6mths...

Random chick as I'm parking my car at the shops..."Wow, nice car!"

Guy at the servo counter..."Like your wheels mate"

Random guy walking past staring at my car..."Is that a BOSS?"

And finally, some guys leaving a bottle shop at night, and one of them says, "ahh, it's only a BOSS 260"

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #106
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
Is it a genuine one mate
i get that one too or..... is it matching numbers?

when out in my XB

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.bazz. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #107
Saraco

One Saturday night, several years ago, cruising back home from a SMASA cruise, (Adelaide), I decided to go through the CBD, in my XA coupe, (429 Super Cobra Jet equipped, with Nitrous) Cruising down Frome road, by the hospital, this young tool, in a VQ Statesman, (VN Type) is right on my rear bumper, this made me a tad nervous, so I squeezed the throttle, ever so gently, to get to get a bit of distance between us. This jerk thought I wanted to race, so he mashed his throttle ( probably kicking down a gear) and started sticking on my bumper again. At the next set of lights, he pulls up next to me, puts his front left window down ( power windows too, WOW, I'm impressed) and says, '' If you really want to go fast, put a Chev in it!) I reply to him '' What kind of Chev engine is in yours?'' bozo replies, '' 5 litre, better than your 302 POS!!'' I shake my head, and tell him, his engine isn't a Chev and mine isn't a 302, I also tell him, that if he wants to race me, follow me to a quiet back road and put some money on it ($100). No surprise, he chickened out. My parting words were ''Have a nice night boy racer, come back when you're a man!'' As I was turning left.

Last edited by Saraco; 20-04-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Saraco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 02:04 AM   #108
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraco
One Saturday night, several years ago, cruising back home from a SMASA cruise, (Adelaide), I decided to go through the CBD, in my XA coupe, (429 Super Cobra Jet equipped, with Nitrous) Cruising down Frome road, by the hospital, this young tool, in a VQ Statesman, (VN Type) is right on my rear bumper, this made me a tad nervous, so I squeezed the throttle, ever so gently, to get to get a bit of distance between us. This jerk thought I wanted to race, so he mashed his throttle ( probably kicking down a gear) and started sticking on my bumper again. At the next set of lights, he pulls up next to me, puts his front left window down ( power windows too, WOW, I'm impressed) and says, '' If you really want to go fast, put a Chev in it!) I reply to him '' What kind of Chev engine is in yours?'' bozo replies, '' 5 litre, better than your 302 POS!!'' I shake my head, and tell him, his engine isn't a Chev and mine isn't a 302, I also tell him, that if he wants to race me, follow me to a quiet back road and put some money on it ($100). No surprise, he chickened out. My parting words were ''Have a nice night boy racer, come back when you're a man!'' As I was turning left.
I have no doubt he would've thrashed your tiny excuse for an engine with his meaty 308
Old 20-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #109
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when i told the receptionist at work i had a ford, she snorted and just said 'gas guzzler'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I woud love to step up to a V8 someday though as a daily. Expensive, yes, but at the same time, I enjoy driving ..
yes it's crazy, but then for 10 minutes of fun EVERY DAY, i think it's worth it.
Old 20-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #110
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People say loads of things about my cars, some love them some hate them, the most common thing thats said about my chev is faaaaa k you have your work cut out for you there,

the falcon well some people love its orginaiality others want me to lower it ditch the caps and so on. but the favorit coment i have receive dabout the old girl was when I was picking up my daughter from a party at hungery jacks some old guy starts drulling over it saying I love these old holdens much better than the fords of the time

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #111
LightningStrike

About the Territory....nothing from outsiders. It blends into the background like elevator music! Once inside though it always gets nice things said about the leather, DVD etc.

About the ute, lately it's been people trying to figure out my number plate, recently dragged out of storage, B00 05T.
A decade ago, on a much lesser car that shall remain forever nameless,everyone knew what it meant.

Now people think I sell fruit smoothies in shopping malls......

Winter White AUII eGas 1 Tonner Goooone!

Winter White SY Ghia AWD 6spd Injected Gas
Mazda 3 SP25GT
==========================
LightningStrike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #112
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

My favorite was...

A guy pulled up behind me at a petrol station in north eastern Sydney driving a brand new (2010) Subaru STI , and said, "wow, nice car... what is it?"
I replied, "its a Falcon".
He then asked "wow, so its the new one then, it looks awesome!".
I laughed and said "sorry mate its a 2004 BA". His confused face suggested to me that he needed more info, so I told him "that it looks just like an FPV".
That must have meant something to him, and he cracked a big smile and said it looks tough and went and filled his STI.

It was a nice feeling.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #113
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

when i had the panelvan (red xg) it had extractors and sports exhaust and a hollowed out cat. sounded quite loud. always used to get
"is it a V8"
quite often would get comments about the mattress and curtains in the back

a guy on here "MEANED" has the rego "meaned". was at maccas one night and him and a mate got out of the car, 2 girls were impressed with the noise and asked...
"whos ed" as is me an ed lol

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #114
Zero_PSI
Banned

From a girl at KFC...you're cars hot...pitty it's a ford.

Get the constant "Fords are ghey"

"is it turbo?" 'no' "is it manual" 'yes' "oooooh siiiick".
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #115
kinksta
Luxojet

In my old BA XR6, with full exhaust system, a bloke tried to tell me I was a smart a**e because I had put XR6 badges on a worked XR8...

I didn't know how to explain how I managed to fit the boss under the XR6 bonnet.

And with the G6ET, oh they are slow because they don't have LSD...er
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #116
ROLLI
KEEPUP

I used to get off my mates.....Tuff as! ( for a ford ) Holden fans of course!
When im in my Mazda 1000 ute I always get nice Dato or 1200 ( Its not a frigging Datsun haha )
Old 20-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #117
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

'light em up'....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #118
TZENU
XY Driv3r

"Its S&^% cause it aint genuine"

A bird walked up to me whilst I was at Cranbourne autobarn show n shine and told me she wanted to make love to my car and then proceeded to tell me that she too wanted to own an orange HK!
Old 20-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #119
jlef5

I just had a good one coming home from work in the H. 3 blokes about 16-18 were walking on the footpath facing towards me, one spotted it stopped and did the make a square with his hands then followed it as i drove past and a cheer. Gave it a little tap of the go pedal as a thanks.
jlef5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #120
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i get a few, my mates drool, **** yyyeeaahhh, light em up, nice wheels, ******* awesome colour, how much power??? wtf has it got done, ive pulled up at exeter and had a couple walk around taking pics