Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #91
MaC

Mate if you read DOCS first post you will see the only words that are highlighted with boldness are “in genuine need”.
That is clearly an attack on the validity of my claims. Immediately putting everything I have said into doubt. Especially seeing as even mods have a high respect for him.

Im not fussed over it. We worked our way passed it because DOC seems like a reasonable guy. As for that other dude.. well…
Old 14-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #92
rodderz

Maybe it was said to highlight what he was saying in context, not necessarily highlighting the fact that he may of been doubting you if he were, and he has pointed out he was not. He is held in high regard for numerous reasons, one being honesty

But, as you have said it's all worked out and the ultimate aim is to get your car back on track, as well as the other day to day things, and above all your health! Good luck with it all and keep on plugging away
Old 14-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #93
MaC

Thanks rod I dont have any bad feelings towards DOC. I hope he doesnt feel bad about it.
Old 14-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #94
xf_vanner

Default sorry

Hey sorry to hear about your bad luck Mac hope ur doing well and the car is getting there. I would only b 2 happy 2 chip in financially as i live in vic, I wouldve had i logged in here a on time but best of luck mate take it easy.
Old 14-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #95
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

This game of going back and forward is getting a little frustrating, there was only one post so far that overstepped the line, it was removed, have a look at the number of threads that are moderated daily.....

As with Doc, he has every right to express himself constructively, which he has, more so than anyone else so far.

Lets work on the principal of getting your car back on the road and stop polluting this thread with useless dribble.
Old 14-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #96
MaC

Thanks for the offer ea3 but I wont be accepting any money from anyone anymore.

It’s nice to know that even after the thread turning into this mess people still want to help.

Got some good people floating around this forum.
Old 14-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #97
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaC
Mate if you read DOCS first post you will see the only words that are highlighted with boldness are “in genuine need”.
That is clearly an attack on the validity of my claims. Immediately putting everything I have said into doubt. Especially seeing as even mods have a high respect for him.
Im not fussed over it. We worked our way passed it because DOC seems like a reasonable guy. As for that other dude.. well…
Mac, in context of In genuine need this is part of my mission statement, to become the best that i can become in all areas of my life and to help those less fortunate than myself in genuine need.

This last part was added many years after being ripped early on and was not in any way a personal attack in relation to you.

further to this i did make a generous offer valued at around $500 to of which would not have been made if i thought wrong of you, this is not a hand me down but money from my pocket to sort this.

You chose to not accept the offer which was your choice and i accept your right to choose.

You mention why did i appologise, well it seems in some way i have not explained properly when i posted and it was seen by you as an attack, and for that yes i am sorry.

You further wrote you did not have bad feelings and hoped the same back, Mac i learnt long ago that holding a grudge does not do any one any good and wastes energy that is better spent on the issues at hand, so no i do not nor will i hold grudges and it past news for me, however i feel sadened that some replies seemed to make me as some person that does not care or is bad in some way, these comments made by you did hurt to have those things said but as above i am not holding that in and have let it go.

As before i wish you well in your outcome.
Pete
Old 14-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #98
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been watching this thread from the beginning.

I have some thoughts/opinions/feelings on it all.

Without throwing them out there though (because really - it isnt worth it) - all I would ask is Moderators - if this type of thread is ever created again - can it please be deleted and nipped in the bud?

MaC - no offence man - and im not making any assumptions judgements or otherwise on your situation - I frequent this forum VERY regularly (post counts arent everything) and I'm very disappointed the forum has been used in the manner that it is now.

Good luck with your car MaC.
Old 14-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #99
MaC

Yeah I agree XA. Feel free to share your feelings mate.

I don’t think people minded so much me asking for help. On the 1st page when justfordima said he would help me out by physically doing the work that I could not people thought of that as a good thing. And it was all over. Thread could have ended there except i had no way to get the car to the shop.

I think the rot started when I accepted money from people. Big mistake that one.

It did get out of hand a bit. If admin wanted to just delete the whole thread and sweep it away I wouldn’t object. Maybe just let me know if your going to do it so I can save the pages and properly thank people who have helped.
Old 14-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #100
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Assumptions. You've spoken a lot about them and I'll have a quick word here too.

You say you dont think people minded so much me asking for help. Sorry man. Thats an assumption. You fired up about people making them about you - yet you've turned around and made one about others.

Secondly - I have to ask. You........on the 16th of July (actually the day you joined the forum) started this thread -http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=56804 - in the Wanted Car Bits and Other Items section.

Then on the 25th you started this firestorm of a thread we are reading here.

So that I dont make any assumptions - did you ever PM MRE-40L about the gearbox??
Old 14-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #101
MaC

Hmmm so people did mind me asking for help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
You say you dont think people minded so much me asking for help. Sorry man. Thats an assumption.
Nope the first two pages of the thread are all positive comments. That was not an assumption.

Yeah I think I did pm MRE-40L about the box. I don’t think he replied though.

I don’t see what your getting at mate. Just say what your thinking mate.

Last edited by MaC; 14-08-2006 at 11:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 15-08-2006, 09:53 AM   #102
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

We can continue this thread via PMs if people can offer assistance.
Closed Thread