Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #91
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Default Re: The drug "Ice"

I remember learning about ICE when I was in school. I did a write-up on such drugs. Incredibly bad stuff. The effect it has on users is just horrible.

Scared me then, scares me now. So many people my age are getting into this stuff, and they're never the same afterwards. And as we all know, it affects everyone else in their lives too.

Never going to touch it, or anything similar. NEVER.
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #92
cram_it_frog
wombat

one question that all people want to know is with the knowledge that you will get hooked why do they start to take it

it is well known how dangerous this drug is and they still take it

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #93
BradEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram_it_frog View Post
one question that all people want to know is with the knowledge that you will get hooked why do they start to take it

Peer pressure is what they call it
BradEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #94
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Guys,

Let's avoid personal accusations and insults.

This is an edgy topic that inspires heartfelt responses, but keep it factual and polite so the conversation can play out.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #95
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:

My experience is 30 years old but the sister of my girlfriend at the time was a drug addict and prostitute.

The drugs came first, cheap and often. Then, once addicted, less and less so the second part could be introduced.

A normal family, a young girl who fell under the influence of someone she felt attracted to but who, in a calculated and determined fashion, got her to do what he wanted for his benefit.

Young adults are keen to experience what they can away from their parents' influence and sometimes they will become the victims of calculating predators.

Me, I was too scared to take drugs (and too busy drinking to worry about it). I never liked smoking so that pathway was not opened by me.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
5 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #96
cram_it_frog
wombat

yes peer pressure but we need to stop that

look at 30 years ago if you refused a beer because you had to drive you coped crap,

Now if you go to a party a huge percent who say no to a drink because they are driving will not be pushed to have one so times change and I hope that is the way drug use will go

we are all human and we do all learn unfortunately some like me take a little longer with some subject s

so I am optimistic that the drug ice and many others will stop when is the question

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #97
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

I for one haven't been an angel when it comes to this subject, over the years I have taken a lot of different party drugs. But there was always one that I wouldn't touch and that was the harry/hammer or heroin. Too me, back then it was a big 'NO NO' as you could just die or be hooked in one go. I see ice as the same evil drug but slightly worse as it makes you violent and out of control. My main drug taking days was when I was a night club bouncer, and no I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is. I was lucky enough to make it through them days without falling of the face of the earth. Now I'm just a boring old bastard and use my bikes to get a rush out of life. And where am I going with this? Nowhere, just wanted to get it of my chest.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 10:18 PM   #98
56L
a.k.a PAULY

Quote:

Some people are easlily led,

When you think about it drugs like Ice have a terrible affect on a weak mind and thats one of the reasons they take it in the first place.

Strong characters dont take it in the first place,there the people drug dealers usually avoid
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute

Last edited by 56L; 10-11-2014 at 10:26 PM.
56L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #99
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All this talk of addictions and whether or not you have control over them.

Best way I can try to fathom it is to think about horsepower. For some guys on here the 1/4 mile rush is their drug. They seek more & more horsepower to go faster. Is it harmful? It could be if kids are going hungry because dad (or mum) spent the grocery money on a drum of avgas..... Is it addictive? Sure. Can they stop if they choose? It would be hard. But are they doing physical damage to their body, or mental damage to their brain?

For me, I like my V8s, and I have 4 of them, but the LPi G6 has enough power for me for daily duties, and I'm not chasing any more in it.
An addict would be trying to wring every last kW out of it.

I get just as much enjoyment taking the '28 Chev for a slow cruise around the block, as I do running my Brock Commodore up some twisty country roads. Both can be addictive for me, but I can stop at any time, honest, well ok, maybe not....

We all need to have fun in ways that we enjoy, but they need to be socially acceptable, and legal.

Ice, like other 'hard' drugs, is neither.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #100
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

There's no doubt kids (pre teens) in particular need to be educated about the real world dangers of experimenting with drugs before they hit their teens. Most teens see the drug taking as cool, hardcore, daring, out there, tough, being independent, being rebellious, different, acceptable etc etc etc so imo forget trying to educate the majority of teens because its too late.

Just a observation from my time as a old youth worker.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2014, 05:54 AM   #101
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

So true Maka if these kids are hanging around their peers that do it, then yeah they are bound to try it. When you're a teenager there is nothing worse then not fitting in. But like it has been said before education is the key, they have to learn that when you're dead you are very cool.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #102
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
The topic of ignoring facts? Using your own anecdotals as though they have (greater) merit? And condemning things we have absolutely no idea regarding nor don't want to know of?

Who needs Phd's and 20 years in the industry when it's as simple as weed triggering schizophrenia? These people could've saved themselves a whole career and instead just found everything from ancedotals?

How dumb they must be to not use their eyes and merely see people do weed first and develop schizophrenia later... after a whole career in this field. Why does it take these yahoos 20yrs in the field and medical school to not see what everyone here has discovered looking at their mates? Absolute white collar fools.
I agree with most of all you have said on this topic.

I have a stupid mate who got into drugs and I do believe he was a person who should never got into drinking beer or drugs as his personality etc is one who can not deal with such things at all. he was totally hopeless and had no will power in anything all his life.
Most people I know who did dope just grew out of it.
Todays dope is nothing like what was around in the 60's to 80's and that stuff was no big problem but todays dope sure the hell is.

People who do drugs out of control should be all taken some part of Australia and fenced off out there as a warning to others that there is a place for them if they want to play up. because as it is there is nothing to stop them running loose. as they cause so much trouble for everyone around them.

I think you need a big enough stick to wake them up at a young age so they don't fall into it all in the first place and the main problem is the gov and the Law supports the drug seen as in adding and abetting it all, and when you look into it all you will see how corrupt it really is. try being a cop and you will see how much the law supports all the drug idiots and low life.

Anyone who puts something up there arm or swallow a pill made by some fool needs to be dealt with, as such a person is in fact a total moron.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #103
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
I agree with most of all you have said on this topic.

People who do drugs out of control should be all taken some part of Australia and fenced off out there as a warning to others that there is a place for them if they want to play up. because as it is there is nothing to stop them running loose. as they cause so much trouble for everyone around them.
Yep, that is Govco's approach, it is called prison. Much easier to punish transgressors by sending them to prison and making them better criminals than dealing with the circumstance around why people take drugs in the first place (mental illness, largely ignored by Govco these days is #1 on the list) and keeping them out of jsil in the first place.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #104
Falcman0o7
Banned

What happened to a good joint.
Now it's this ****.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2014, 02:58 AM   #105
GeGe6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFalcon View Post
I remember learning about ICE when I was in school. I did a write-up on such drugs. Incredibly bad stuff. The effect it has on users is just horrible.

Scared me then, scares me now. So many people my age are getting into this stuff, and they're never the same afterwards. And as we all know, it affects everyone else in their lives too.

Never going to touch it, or anything similar. NEVER.

This says if never the same!!!

Lost two mates to Ice and they are cooked!
One of them lost two business, two houses and his dad's house! What a shame.
Fortunately he has come through rehab and in this own words "I'm different in the head, I can feel it".
Scary, scary stuff when I think what my kids might face.
GeGe6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #106
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is it with people selling drugs !

I had a stupid mate that got into selling speed, so when I got up him about it, he was all puffed up snorting away with his fist clenched and was yelling at me, that he was helping them !

I know that todays young people use the word wicked, but the meaning has done a 180 from what it meant in my day.
Maybe helping is the same 180 nonsense with these idiots today, or is it just that there brain is fried.

Anyone who swallows any pill or shoots up on something some fool gave them must be totally lost.
Old 20-11-2014, 01:30 AM   #107
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeGe6 View Post
This says if never the same!!!

Lost two mates to Ice and they are cooked!
One of them lost two business, two houses and his dad's house! What a shame.
Fortunately he has come through rehab and in this own words "I'm different in the head, I can feel it".
Scary, scary stuff when I think what my kids might face.
I'm still hoping to see my best friend who I grew up with in high school come back out, you get a glimmer and a hope its the same kid I grew up with about to come out, but it fades away.

Its like the old version of him is locked up in there but the heavily dulled version is on the outside holding him in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
What is it with people selling drugs !
Education cuts, high youth unemployment rate, some of the boys I did my apprenticeship with were selling on the side here and there, the easy money lures them in hook, line and sucker and before they know it they're in the back of the police van going to court.

One of them eventually got busted in a small setup.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #108
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I'm still hoping to see my best friend who I grew up with in high school come back out, you get a glimmer and a hope its the same kid I grew up with about to come out, but it fades away.

Its like the old version of him is locked up in there but the heavily dulled version is on the outside holding him in.

Education cuts, high youth unemployment rate, some of the boys I did my apprenticeship with were selling on the side here and there, the easy money lures them in hook, line and sucker and before they know it they're in the back of the police van going to court.

One of them eventually got busted in a small setup.
But going to court does nothing for them does it ?

If they are selling or using that's it, find out why and it's boot camp until you make a man of them and find out all the other idiots and punch the living daylights out of them or anyone who try's to defend there way of life style, it's just no excuse.

I had a good mate he was dumb but a good bloke but now he is a wast of time as he is just hopeless and a moron, I feel so sad for his mum and dad and his sisters not to mention his kids.
It's not a joke, how many people are destroyed by this rubbish, and I am not impressed at all by what the government are doing about it.
Old 20-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #109
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The ice problem needs to be tackled like drink driving, punish the offender and make it socially unexceptable.Time to focus on the users rather than the sellers.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #110
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...ttack/2460526/
"Ice" at work..............
Old 21-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #111
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so much angry
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #112
Focusfan

Lack of discipline while they are growing up. Kids think they can do anything and get away with it.
Parents are not aloud to punish kids anymore and the law lets them go when they are caught doing wrong.
Any wonder they get the attitude they can do anything and this includes drugs as well.
Knew a girl years ago, parents always traveling and left her at home alone. Got into soft drugs then hard ones.
Last I heard of her was she is in a nursing home a brain dead 35 year old.
When she tried to get help from the parents they simply gave her more money and said have some fun while they were away.
Did they ever offer to take her with them, no they wanted her to have good education. I have a rather big unforgiving attitude toward them.
Have you ever seen Aboriginal kids threaten their parents with calling police for belting them, bet not. Same with Muslims, Hindu's etc
as they discipline their kids and mostly they are well behaved. Granted some are not as well but more are than the pampered kids.
Focusfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #113
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusfan View Post
Lack of discipline while they are growing up. Kids think they can do anything and get away with it.
Parents are not aloud to punish kids anymore and the law lets them go when they are caught doing wrong.
Any wonder they get the attitude they can do anything and this includes drugs as well.
Please, if you don't know what you're talking about , don't say anything.
Quote:
Have you ever seen Aboriginal kids threaten their parents with calling police for belting them, bet not. Same with Muslims, Hindu's etc
as they discipline their kids and mostly they are well behaved. Granted some are not as well but more are than the pampered kids.
I have seen them sniffing glue and dealing...but thats another story and if I go into someone will start shouting Racism again.
Old 22-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #114
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Have a look in the USA where they've had a massive war on drugs for how many years, and all of a sudden some of the states have started to legalise marijuana.

Interesting turn of events if you look at their anti-drug efforts over the years.
Wouldn't be looking at the US for enlightenment. Their gun laws speak volumes in itself.
Old 22-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #115
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Knew a girl years ago, parents always traveling and left her at home alone.
One good point you make is when parents leave kids to their own (whether by necessity or not), this is the start of a troubled or poorly brought up kids bad life journey imo especially if the parents haven't screened their kids friends properly. You cannot leave kids alone to make adult decisions for themselves no matter what.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #116
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
One good point you make is when parents leave kids to their own (whether by necessity or not), this is the start of a troubled or poorly brought up kids bad life journey imo especially if the parents haven't screened their kids friends properly. You cannot leave kids alone to make adult decisions for themselves no matter what.

cheers, Maka
My Dad was running the farm from the age of 13 out whop whop.

But kids today have lack of responsibility and so many temptations due to a derelict new age PC little backward Nazi like twerp mob that seeks to destroy people body and Soul, dictating there filthy drongo doctrines on all with their grubby vengeance.

How can you screen your kids friends properly that could just only be prejudice on your behalf.

If you do not have faith in your kids responsibility you have not done your job correctly.

Many think school will bring you children up to be well adjusted
Old 22-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #117
Focusfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Please, if you don't know what you're talking about , don't say anything.
I have seen them sniffing glue and dealing...but thats another story and if I go into someone will start shouting Racism again.
Everything I said was from experience with friends and relatives so if I don't know what I am talking about tell it to the
parents of the kids I refer to. Glue sniffing is undertaken by many different races, not just aboriginals. As to the start of this tread
ICE is where they end up and the majority are white. Fact.
Then maybe you know some official stats that I don't. If so state them please and I will back down and say I am wrong.
Focusfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #118
superyob
Banned

[QUOTE=GasOLane;5264570]Please, if you don't know what you're talking about , don't say anything.

GasOlane, could you please explain your objection to Focusfan's viewpoint?
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #119
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Everything I said was from experience with friends and relatives so if I don't know what I am talking about tell it to the
parents of the kids I refer to. Glue sniffing is undertaken by many different races, not just aboriginals. As to the start of this tread
ICE is where they end up and the majority are white. Fact.
Then maybe you know some official stats that I don't. If so state them please and I will back down and say I am wrong.
How do they afford to go from $2 sticks of glue to a $400 a gram habit? It's usually people that can afford it to start with that get addicted not glue sniffers. Then they run out of money and ***** hits the fan, if they haven't already overdosed or gone to jail.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #120
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Quote:
These two parts of your statement contradicts each other, I don't see how different cultures here in Australia have better kids disciplined as I've seen plenty just as bad.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post