Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #91
03BAXR8
Citric Acid

:

“It has been an extraordinarily complex issue that has taken a great deal of time to work through and TEGA is satisfied that it has reached a commercial settlement that is in the best interests of the sport, the fans, sponsors and associated stakeholders.”
03BAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #92
buddha
Starter Motor

What gets me is this paragraph from the story on foxsports.com.au:

"Skaife Sports and the Touring Car Entrants Group Australia (TEGA) have agreed in principle to a financial settlement that will see the team have its licences to race reinstated upon signing of a deed of release early next week."

"Financial settlement" sounds like a pay-off to me ... hey, here are the rules, but if you want to break them, just make a little donation to TEGA and all is well!

I thought this was all a bit suss before, but it just seems to be getting worse.

Current Ford: 1996 EF Fairmont
Previous Fords: 1996 EF XR8 - 1995 EF Futura - 1993 WA Festiva - 1991 WA Festiva - 1979 TE Cortina
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 02:07 AM   #93
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Yeah , I bet I know what the paper work was too! A couple of stacks of wine tickets, wraped up in a brown paper bag with a "Get well soon" card taped to it , signed by Holden, Skaife , The kelly theives, and Uncle Tom ! Now the TEGA officials have to get in touch with The "Don" Tony Coc...... and ask if the paper work was enough to let slide........ I mean prove ownership !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

I knew what was going to happen !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #94
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Money talks.
Old 17-03-2007, 09:14 AM   #95
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
I knew what was going to happen !
It was always going to happen wasn't it ?

HRT are too important to the 'powers' that run the sport to be suspended.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #96
irsa76
Snoopping

Anything that Walkinshaw is involved in has to be treated with caution. Sadly I feel that this issue will really hit the fan in the future, and involve more then TEGA and CAMS.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #97
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Ill get blasted for this ..

Why get rid of HRT and HSV when its the good old rivalry , it would be very boring watching Fords all day without the Drama of Holden Vs Ford ..

I Hate the Idea of OwnerDrivers and Drivers should not be on the TEGA board.

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #98
shadows
Starter Motor

this may sound drastic but it could've been like when ford pulled out in '74 and the torana's dominated against the privateer fords.Who knows
shadows is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #99
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I have here a copy of a short email I posted via the V8 Supercar web site:

feedback: I want to express my dissapointment with TEGA and the
handling
of the HRT/HSV fiasco. TEGA need to take a page out of the
governing
body of the world rally championship that banned the toyota
celica team
the year they were caught cheating.
I think the slap over the wrist approach TEGA have taken just
proves
that V8 Supercars have become much like World Westling
Entertainment. To
claify that point, V8 Supercars in my opinion is now nothing
more than
Sports Entertainment, not Racing, it appears to be all based
around
making money from fans and to hell with the rules or maybe I
should say
"guidelines' as that is all they seem to be, unenforcable.

Disgustedly yours,
Adrian

Thier reply to this was this:

HI Adrian,

HRT and HSV were never caught cheating or have cheated in this
series.
The enquiry was conducted there were suspicions of cross
ownerships of
the teams. The paper work has been provided by each team to
prove
otherwise and they are now both clear to race in the series. We
certainly will not ban teams on the basis of suspicion. We are
sure any
fan would find that fair.

Regards

V8 Supercars Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 607, Southport BC, QLD, 4215
Email: reception@V8supercars.com.au
Web: www.v8supercar.com.au

So what I get out of this is that they do not see breaching rules as cheating.
Go figure
Old 20-03-2007, 01:54 AM   #100
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

their reply is crap considering what they have said about "financial arrangements" and restrictions etc. ask them to come clear with what those arrangements are.
something to remember here is that TEGA might be a toothless tiger. They might not have the power to impose penalties the same way that the marshals can for race indescretions. If they don't then they need to gain that power.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 08:23 AM   #101
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

skaifes job on the TEGA board is probably to reply to the emails
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #102
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcoota
Skaife has come under fire from fellow drivers and team owners throughout the saga, most notably with Ford's WPS Racing boss Craig Gore threatening to pull his team out of V8 Supercars while calling for Skaife's resignation as a TEGA director.

©AAP 2007
9 NEWSWATCH
The answer is in the first post if you all read it through properly, of course they will be afforded concessions so long as the "team owner" is part of the establishment that actually makes the decisions.

Sorry if someone else has already mentioned this but I couldn't be bothered going through all the posts, my eyes just couldn't take it lol.

Last edited by XRQTR; 20-03-2007 at 10:29 AM.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #103
Gunns
Banned

Green light for relieved Skaife to race

THE Holden Racing Team rolled into Perth today as Team Red got back to the business of racing.
The dispute over the ownership and control of Holden's factory V8 Supercar team is finally settled and although Mark Skaife has been penalised his racing licences have been reinstated after more than a month of uncertainties, disputes and meetings.
"The relief is extreme. I have my head down and bum up. I want to go racing," Skaife told the Herald Sun.
"This will make such a difference . . . to how I feel, to the team, to our whole business."
He denied rumours of a $1 million fine from the Touring Car Entrants Group of Australia and rejected claims HRT had been forced to pay to continue to compete in the V8 Supercar championship.
However TEGA has issued what's described as a "financial settlement" and insiders believe it is more than a token amount. Speculation centres on a low six-figure number.
"We are not going to discuss that," TEGA chairman Kelvin O'Reilly said. "It has been an extraordinarily complex issue that has taken a great deal of time to work through and TEGA is satisfied that it has reached a commercial settlement that is in the best interests of the sport, the fans, sponsors and stakeholders."
Neither side would discuss the most contentious issue of all -- the involvement of Tom Walkinshaw.
The former HRT owner and Formula One team boss helped spark the HRT crisis over his involvement with Skaife through ownership of the team's VE Commodore race cars and their rented premises at Clayton to management services and sponsorship deals arranged by one of his companies, Premoso.
It is clear Skaife and Walkinshaw have done some sort of deal, and will be closely linked in the HRT operation, but the details are not public.
O'Reilly said TEGA was finally satisfied with the HRT settlement and believed there would not be any future trouble.
"There is still paperwork to be signed. It's all OK unless someone does something stupid," O'Reilly said.
Skaife said he was happy to be racing after more than three months of legal meetings.
"It will be great to be in Clayton instead of Collins St," he said.
HRT won the first round of the Supercar series, the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide, with Todd Kelly and he is on top of the title table.
Skaife believes he can now be a serious contender for this year's V8 championship.
"The next couple of rounds are ones where we went well last year. And I will have 100 per cent concentration on racing instead of worrying about the sideline issues," Skaife said.
Looking further into the future, he is now planning for his retirement from driving and wants to get the best possible results from his remaining years as a V8 Supercar racer.
"I am ready to go racing. I don't know how long I have left, but I want to go and do four or five years with a really clear mind," he said.
"After the recent ordeal I can now do that."
However he reserved a final attack for the rival V8 Supercar team bosses, some within the Holden camp, who have attacked him during the HRT-TEGA dispute.
"Common sense has prevailed. TEGA has a responsibility and a duty, as governors of the sport, to make sure everyone plays within the rules," Skaife said.
"I hope now that the same level of critique is applied to plenty of others up and down pitlane."
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #104
bdennis
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a load of horse sh!t..

Lets do a bit of interpritation..
"TEGA is satisfied that it has reached a commercial settlement that is in the best interests of the sport, the fans, sponsors and stakeholders."
Means.
We should have kicked them out because they broke the rules but because TEGA need HRT so fans come through the doors we let them stay and fined them instead!..

and this gem.

"Common sense has prevailed. TEGA has a responsibility and a duty, as governors of the sport, to make sure everyone plays within the rules," Skaife said.
means..
We know we were wrong but because TEGA need HRT to be racing to make the fans come we agreed to dissagree and then fined us instead...!

Typical!

Will I still watch the racing.. Yep beacuse I want to see good racing and see Rick / HRT be beaten!
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post