Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #91
Falconio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87THS
Poor Rocky.......

Was it part of a competition or on the way to one?
Falconio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #92
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

That really sucks; that Corvette is (was) a really nice car.
Old 16-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #93
notty1978
NOTTY

That car is very well damaged
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #94
Fishman

Man I feel sorry for the guy with the Vette. That was a smokin' car.

I wouldn't mind being interviewed by that Samantha chick. whoo.

If this season is like last season, next weeks episode will be a rehas fo the first 2 weeks for the first ten mins there'll be 5 mins of adds 10 minsof the 3rd weeks challenge and 5 mins for the presentation and credits. That erked me about last time, and I can see it happening this time.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #95
ThePistonHead
Shame Holden, Shame

If someone manages to upload this/find a copy, please PM me. Thanks.

EFII "XR8" Fairmont V8 185KW ELII XR8 engine, box & exhaust|Dual Fuel|Tints|FTR's|Factory bodykit |K&N panel filter|Interior LED Conversion|Leather steering wheel|Slotted rotors|Ghia wood + chrome|Subwoofer|

METALLICA
ThePistonHead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2009, 08:17 AM   #96
v8snerlo
v8snerlo

Does anyone know if there is torrents around for this new season that you are talking about because all I can see is something like season 9 or 19, which is wierd considering that you are all talking about it being the second season!!!

2008 VW Passat R36 Wagon - Black, Leather, DSG, 18" Omanyt, Sunroof, LED Mods = Best and quickest car I've owned

Previous Rides
2006 VW Jetta 2.0L FSI Turbo
2000 AUII XR8 (200kw) - Miss my old girl
1996 EF Falcon Gli - Rare manual
1988 Mazda 626 Hatch
1982 Mazda 626 Sedan
v8snerlo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #97
johnny351
used to be johnny260

that sucks i liked that corvette ...i was hoping it was the commo lol
johnny351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #98
87THS
Turbo - the way to go!

It was after the filming of the show. This was in his own street. He went to take a mate for a run and I believe it was the secondry's that got stuck and in a matter of a few metres it was doing 140km per hour and spinning the tyres. The car went straight for the embankment on the side of the road ending up on it's lid and slid down the road.

Don't worry, he said it will be right. They are buying a new chassis and restoring ROCKY. :
87THS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #99
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

aaahh the old secondaries got stuck on an injected ls2 trick

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #100
87THS
Turbo - the way to go!

Sorry speaking to Wendy I thought she said something about secondaries which did confuse me but it was actually the acclerator cable got jammed with the throttle wide open. Was an unfortunate accident.

Talking to them they are considering sending ROCKY to the states to be rebuilt and then shipped back. Don't worry they have a few corvette's in their garage. You will see this on an upcoming episode.
Old 18-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #101
BLUUOA
Starter Motor

Hey guys
I’m George the owner of the F6 from Blood Sweat and Gears.
At the end of the day everyone has a right to speak their mind, whether it’s in a positive or negative way we are all human.
It’s reality TV you only see what they want you to see
But it was the best experience one to remember guys I recommend it to anyone.
Anyone that has built a car would understand the frustration of building one
Only the owners of the cars see the bigger picture from the highs to the lows

I agree with Shane 110%

I did run M/T Street Sticks ( I Wish I didn’t)
Brakes affect every driving aspect
My brakes did fail on me many times during the show more so when I needed them the most.
I was part of a great show even more so great bunch of blokes.
But I’m competitive and love competition and I got beaten by better cars and better drivers in both events that have been shown

Thanks
BLUUOA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #102
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Hey George, What was the story with the brakes and how come you weren't able to get them fixed between "rounds"?

How long did the filming take, I assume it was over a couple of days?
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #103
BLUUOA
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Hey George, What was the story with the brakes and how come you weren't able to get them fixed between "rounds"?

How long did the filming take, I assume it was over a couple of days?

Hey Mate....

My car's camber is suited for 22 inch wheels
When i put the stock wheels on it slowly started to chew the brake lines enough to put air through the brake and had sensors fail an only realizing when it was too late.
It's all good I still had fun.
As for the show it took just over 1 week to film and was part of the springnats festival in Sheppington.
BLUUOA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #104
Loosecannon

I'm SICK of Luff, frick'in bucket mouth

to many donuts!!!.....the type you eat!!
Loosecannon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #105
Loosecannon

On the circuit lap times Luff whines about the seats in the VK Grp A...how you slide around in them ( Schieel racing style seats) BUT didn't say anything about the XY bucket seat!!

I have been lucky enough to own both cars, And I can tell you fast cornering with the XY with standard seats is slip and slide, where as the VK Group A was nice and comfortable with support!!

Another Luff up!!
Loosecannon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #106
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Luffsawit
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #107
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The ford boys doin us proud again! cant wait for next weeks episode, i just wished they were a little longer then 30 minutes each.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #108
BFYOOT

yeah, seems to be not enough of the current episode but heaps of rehash of the opening sequences. good show but, makes monday nights interesting for a change. great night last night, watch the tigers beat the storm, then flick it over and watch the fords dominate too.
BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #109
TZENU
XY Driv3r

hahaha go the hemi! Good to see the blue oval dominating too
Old 21-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #110
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Good stuff seing the ford guys doing well early on. But these things are way to drawn out. I record it onto my IQ box, and fast forward all of the filler, it only takes about 15 minutes to watch the fresh footage once you take out all of the ads, and rehashed stuff from last week. Still a good show though.
Old 25-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #111
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87THS
Sorry speaking to Wendy I thought she said something about secondaries which did confuse me but it was actually the acclerator cable got jammed with the throttle wide open. Was an unfortunate accident.

Hey mate thanks for the update on the roll over car,

Funny thing how it's always the story about the secondaries or throttle cable. :

BUT GUESS WHAT ???????????
the LS2 had fly by wire ( no throtle cable ) :

Cheers Mick.
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #112
notty1978
NOTTY

Does anyone know how long this show goes for
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #113
87THS
Turbo - the way to go!

For those that want to be en smart about this flyby wire well you know what you can do. I'm just passing on a sad story and Wendy was not in a clear speaking mood which is understandable and all I got was the throttle getting stuck as he took off from his driveway. I'm not a mechanic and being on old owner of a Kingswood that was being done up as a street machine is what had secondries and throttle cable in MIND..........
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #114
GT-E

I cannot seem to get into this show.
Luckly I have an IQ and can fast forward to just after the points list, then watch 10mins of the actual show and then fast forward to the results.
It is a pity they have only done 1/2 a job on this show as it could be so much better.
More actual driving, maybe some harder tests and find a decent judge, as Luff is a PIA with NFI. The 2 times I have done his driver training, all I wanted to do was find a pole and put it in passenger side first to shut him up.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #115
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

for guys on the fly by wire on the ls2, i have converted early commodores with ls2 motors and put the throttle cable setup on them using ls1 computer. if this is how it was setup then his throttle did jam up!
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #116
CHARGED TERRA
TARMAC EATER & HSV BEATER

Default A little bit of info on the Drivers & Cars

Here are the Contestants:

Sean Fardell

Car Make: Holden
Car Model: Commodore VK Group 3 HDT
Year: 1985

Sean has arguably built the most powerful Brock Commodore in the country.
“Mr HDT” (just as his number plate suggests) has put out over 1,000rwhp on the dyno which is pretty serious numbers any way you look at it. An engine builder and tuner by trade, Sean has built his Brock Commodore to show what he can do – and hasn’t missed a thing.

Sash Ninovic

Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Falcon XY GT
Year: 1971

His first car, Sash has owned this XY GT for almost 20 years and has poured about $200k into making it the beast it is. The Vermillion Fire acrylic paint is in immaculate condition and the car takes on the Alan Moffat muscle look from the 70’s with all the stickers. And while it looks fantastic – with 700hp under the hood, it’s on the track where this thing comes into its own and Sash is a regular on the drag strip.
The surprise package on this car is the brakes – with so much power coming from the engine Sash is able to hold this monster around a track.

Murray Forman

Car Make: Chevrolet
Car Model: Corvette Stingray
Year: 1966

Murray is the president of NCRS Australia Inc (National Corvette Restorers Society) which is dedicated to restoring classic Corvette’s. Murray decided that along with his fully restored vettes he wanted to build his own modified corvette. And modified it he has. While the exterior of the 66 Corvette is in immaculate original condition, underneath he’s essentially driving on a current model vette – with all the trimmings to make the ride superb. The LS2 crate motor produces 400HP. The Daytona Digital system has been installed and combines with the black leather C5 seats to provide an air of bling to this old school beauty.

Shane Kennett

Car Model: Laser SR2
Year: 2002

Shane is the young gun of the competition – his two litre turbo hot hatch is the smallest car in the competition and he wants to prove that the smaller cars can mix it with the big horsepower cars.
After spending well over $100k on the build in the last few years including the turbo conversion, custom built body kit, custom interior and huge sound system this pocket rocket is a million miles away from the Ford Laser you could buy stock!

George Isaac

Car Model: FPV F6 Typhoon
Year: 2005

One of the biggest characters on this year’s Blood Sweat & Gears series, George has arguably the most modified FPV in the country and he has the awards to back it up. Top FPV award 09, most powerful RWD Final Battle Autosalon 07, Champion Ford Autosalon 08 are just some of the awards he’s won in this blown Typhoon. While the list of modifications are endless, he’s not finished yet – a custom boot instillation consisting of KICKER 4 x 12” subs, 3 amps, 3 TV screens and a set of splits all customised in the boot are next on the agenda.

Brendan Findlay

Car Make: Holden
Car Model: Monaro CV8
Year: 2005

Originally a motorbike racer, after a crash put him out of action for a while Brendan began modifying cars.
While from the exterior it just looks like a low, fat Monaro – the tinted windows hide the very serious roll cage and the conservative bonnet scoop doesn’t start to show you what’s really under the hood. His supercharged Monaro with the 7litre conversion puts out 600kw and was built for the track while still being able to be driven as daily driver. This monster will be a big competitor in the competition.
While he’ll struggle against some of the other blinged up show cars in the show n shine, it’s on the track that this car will do some damage.

Darryl Jhinku

Car Make: Subaru
Car Model: Impreza WRX
Year: 1995

Our sole NZ entrant, it was only fitting that Darryl has built an anatomically correct 98 World Rally Car replica as an ode to Possum Bourne. This pocket rocket is absolutely superb with no expense spared. Anatomically correct, the original 4 door sedan has undergone some major renovations in order to meet the two door wide body WRC conversion and he has done just as much under the bonnet to ensure this replica rally car really flies. The only all-wheel-drive car in the competition it provides a distinct advantage in terms of handling however he doesn’t have the big grunt of some of the other competitors so it will really come down to Darryl’s abilities behind the wheel.

Shane Soutter

Car Make: Nissan
Car Model: 180 SX
Year: 1993

Shane has won hundreds of awards throughout the country with PURESX over the last 5 or 6 years and his list of modifications is almost as long. It took Shane and wife Christine almost 7 years to build PURESX and began with the unusual tact of starting with the wheels first and building the car around that. After painstaking modifications that involved up to 70 hours of work on each guard, the body is only a minor part of what Shane has done to this 180SX. With lots of chrome and custom fibreglass it’s no secret that Shane is a perfectionist. But it’s not just looks where Shane will perform well – he’s got some serious power and handling isn’t an issue for this weapon.

Last edited by CHARGED TERRA; 10-05-2009 at 03:15 PM.
CHARGED TERRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #117
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How irritating, theyve pushed it back 30 minutes for the contender!!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #118
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

isnt the monaro and ex starr performance build?
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 12:17 AM   #119
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another good episode, i think next weeks will be great, just wished they'd made the episodes an hour long.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #120
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs24
Another good episode, i think next weeks will be great, just wished they'd made the episodes an hour long.
Agree, an hour would be much better
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post