Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #91
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Which catagory would user chooser novated lease fall into i wonder?
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 02:55 AM   #92
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inducted_Breeze
In 2008 65% of Commodore sales went to fleet - http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleId=59992

In early 2010 it was stated that approximately 75% of Commodore sales went to fleet - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...eet+percentage

For private buyers handing over their hard earned, the Falcon is their choice.

chill out boy....this is the facts 2 posts above mine i was relating to.......65 and 75 % respective but i think putting % asside the sheer volume of fleet sales is still easily more for holden.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #93
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
You ask and you shall receive. Make of it what you will.

These are Year-To-Date figures....

Holden Commodore - 18,428

Private - 4,972
Business (small fleet) - 6,114
Business (large fleet) - 1,397
Rental - 1,451
Government - 3,005
Not For Profit Organisation - 185
Other - 1,304

Ford Falcon - 13,349

Private - 2,274
Business (small fleet) - 4,133
Business (large fleet) - 1,737
Rental - 2,744
Government - 1,528
Not For Profit Organisation - 414
Other - 519
Very interesting, I guess I have based my assumption on the reports that there are a larger percentage of Commo base models than Falcon base models sold.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #94
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Private - 4,972
Rental - 1,451
Government - 3,005
Other - 1,304

Ford Falcon - 13,349
Private - 2,274
Rental - 2,744
Government - 1,528
Other - 519
Are those figures for sure (I'm confused)?

Graph wise >

Just goes to show there are not enough private buyers in this country to support these types of vehicles. Lucky we have fleet sales.
Old 17-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #95
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I wonder how much telstra make up the large business, especially when the wagon has been recently killed off.
Rental companies is unsurprising, as the basic falcon for a rental will handle the abuse better than a commodore does.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #96
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
Are those figures for sure (I'm confused)?
Those figures originated from Vfacts.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #97
Deco28

Well that shut up alot of people lol.

Research tends to do that xD.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #98
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You ask and you shall receive. Make of it what you will.

Private - 4,972
Rental - 1,451
Government - 3,005
Other - 1,304

Ford Falcon - 13,349

Private - 2,274
Rental - 2,744
Government - 1,528
Other - 519

Now can we put to bed this rubbish that the Falcon is more popular amongst private buyers? Commodore has almost 250% of the private buyers that the Falcon has, and I bet amongst utes its even higher.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #99
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Now can we put to bed this rubbish that the Falcon is more popular amongst private buyers? Commodore has almost 250% of the private buyers that the Falcon has, and I bet amongst utes its even higher.
I agree sort of ford need to sell more to the private buyer but they dont need to discount them like gmh do

I know that if i had the money i would def be in a g6et ot xr6t right now but not the case

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #100
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
I agree sort of ford need to sell more to the private buyer but they dont need to discount them like gmh do

I know that if i had the money i would def be in a g6et ot xr6t right now but not the case

Jason
Hopefully the Territory has a lot more.

Yeah it would be good to see more private buyers purchase the Falcon but without a new gen wagon in XR and other specs I dont see it happening, just ask Toyota how many private buyers buy sedan-only Camrys...
Old 17-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #101
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
They sell more, make less,$$ We sell less but make more$$, i know which i prefer!
Sell more make less is not as bad a thing as you make it out to be. It's called advertising, more cars on the road, the more people they are seen by.

Same as the VW golf, it has the smallest profit margins cause it's seen as their advertising car, gets people into the show rooms, possibly for bigger and better things.

Stoney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Holden are kicking the enemy when they are down. Trouble is Ford seems to lay down a lot.
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #102
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its dissapointing to see such high rental numbers, bargain price and they get dumped at auction within about 8 months killing resale. Its pretty amazing how little Falcons governments buy I thought it would be a lot higher.
Old 17-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #103
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Its disappointing to see such high rental numbers, bargain price and they get dumped at auction within about 8 months killing resale. Its pretty amazing how little Falcons governments buy I thought it would be a lot higher.
Government seems to favour the VE, apparently it use to be due to emissions (not sure how cause the alloytec was ordinary). SA only buy commodores to support their industry. Vic pretty much has commo's as cop cars.

One thing to remember is that the figures from V-facts represent wagons and sedans. Now if 1/3 of commo sales are wagons then the private sedan figure is 3315 for the private sales. I doubt there was really that many Wagon sales to private buyers as they would look at the terri more or a more modern wagon.

But at the end of the day the VE has not made a profit yet even for all the wonderful sales numbers.....AU made a profit in its first year and that was considered a failure.
Old 17-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #104
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For all the profit margins and maximum capacity ramblings we've been hearing over and over Holden are still in a better position than Ford. Does anybody know why this is? Hmm...
Old 17-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #105
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Its dissapointing to see such high rental numbers, bargain price and they get dumped at auction within about 8 months killing resale. Its pretty amazing how little Falcons governments buy I thought it would be a lot higher.
Not at all.
Holden's 3.0 SIDI's combined fuel consumption of 9.3 l/100 klm
heads off the fleet special Falcon with 5-speed auto at 10.5 l/100klm.

Falcon's best of 9.9 l/100klmcomes with 6-speed auto which the government
accountants won't pay for as an option but will if it's standard....Ohhhhhhhh,

And lighten up on rentals, it's not as though 2,744 cars in five months will destroy the resale value of the cars.
You'll probably find the rentals buy Falcon because customers ask for them...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #106
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Not at all.
Holden's 3.0 SIDI's combined fuel consumption of 9.3 l/100 klm
heads off the fleet special Falcon with 5-speed auto at 10.5 l/100klm.

Falcon's best of 9.9 l/100klmcomes with 6-speed auto which the government
accountants won't pay for as an option but will if it's standard....Ohhhhhhhh,

Hopefully it improves the green star rating thing whatever its called, that should help.
Old 17-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #107
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Hopefully it improves the green star rating thing whatever its called, that should help.
Ecoboost, 8.x l/100klm should put the mockers on Commodore running rampant on Government big car sales...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #108
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Government seems to favour the VE, apparently it use to be due to emissions (not sure how cause the alloytec was ordinary). SA only buy commodores to support their industry. Vic pretty much has commo's as cop cars.

One thing to remember is that the figures from V-facts represent wagons and sedans. Now if 1/3 of commo sales are wagons then the private sedan figure is 3315 for the private sales. I doubt there was really that many Wagon sales to private buyers as they would look at the terri more or a more modern wagon.

But at the end of the day the VE has not made a profit yet even for all the wonderful sales numbers.....AU made a profit in its first year and that was considered a failure.
It wouldbe interesting to see the Terri figures, it might have more private sale than both!
Old 17-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #109
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
For all the profit margins and maximum capacity ramblings we've been hearing over and over Holden are still in a better position than Ford. Does anybody know why this is? Hmm...
How do you figure that??

Ford global is making a profit & Ford Aust is making a profit!

GM global went bust & is still lossing money & Holden is also lossing money!

So please explain to me how Holden is still in a better position, becuase I dont see it!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #110
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
How do you figure that??

So please explain to me how Holden is still in a better position, becuase I dont see it!!
ME ME ME I can tell you why

GM/GMH = GovMotors/GovMotorsHolden

Am I right

What do I win

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #111
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
How do you figure that??

I'd say he was trying to say that the media is making out that Ford Oz is in dire straights and will close down...you know cause Ford were still making a profit when Holden was making a loss..and made a profit earlier then Holden did. So naturally Ford are in very big trouble.
Old 17-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #112
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deco28
Well that shut up alot of people lol.

Research tends to do that xD.
Check out the post I just put in the Vfacts thread if you want to see some more interesting figures.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #113
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
Ford and its dealers have done a superb job over the years of convincing Australians they should consider another brand for their next car. This forum is full of stories where the customer simply wasn't treated well enough and the cars not engineered and built well enough. Ford are still at it, with the Terri fiasco the latest example of a company that puts dollars in front of reputation and future sales.

Its not the 70's anymore and people have more then three car companies to choose from, but apparently Ford and some of its dealers haven't figured that out.

Not hard unfortunately to figure out why private buyers have deserted the brand.

Nothing less than a complete culture change at Ford and a decades hard yakka in building and maintaining a good reputation will turn it around. The signs are there they want to do better, but not best.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #114
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Government seems to favour the VE, apparently it use to be due to emissions (not sure how cause the alloytec was ordinary). SA only buy commodores to support their industry. Vic pretty much has commo's as cop cars..
About 4 - 5 years ago I was working with the team of guys in Vicpol who were doing the MDT (Mobile Data Terminal) roll-out for their fleet. They indicated at that time that Ford weren't comming to the party in regards to pre-preparing their cars for Police fitout. The VE was just about out when I was working with them & I was told they were at the final stages of organising a deal with Holden for "Police Pack" vehicles to come prefitted with the required wiring looms and extra battery for MDT and Radio fitout - they even showed us some photos of some VZ cars that were provided to them pre-wired which cut their install times down dramatically.... they could literally pick the system up out of one car & install it into another within a few hours.

Whether this eventuated in the end, I'm not sure.... But there were definate issues as Holden wanted to make whatever system they put into place interchangeable between state police forces - something hard given that all our forces use different equipment.... But it may be an underlying reason as to why VicPol use more holdens.

It is interesting to note though that both NSW and QLD use lots of Falcons and (urgh!) Aurions....
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #115
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3911
About 4 - 5 years ago I was working with the team of guys in Vicpol who were doing the MDT (Mobile Data Terminal) roll-out for their fleet. They indicated at that time that Ford weren't comming to the party in regards to pre-preparing their cars for Police fitout. The VE was just about out when I was working with them & I was told they were at the final stages of organising a deal with Holden for "Police Pack" vehicles to come prefitted with the required wiring looms and extra battery for MDT and Radio fitout - they even showed us some photos of some VZ cars that were provided to them pre-wired which cut their install times down dramatically.... they could literally pick the system up out of one car & install it into another within a few hours.

Whether this eventuated in the end, I'm not sure.... But there were definate issues as Holden wanted to make whatever system they put into place interchangeable between state police forces - something hard given that all our forces use different equipment.... But it may be an underlying reason as to why VicPol use more holdens.

It is interesting to note though that both NSW and QLD use lots of Falcons and (urgh!) Aurions....
I've heard that before and from an equally reputable source such as yourself.
Tell you what though, NSW must be in real trouble as they are also using Camry's and other pox boxes. The worst car I've seen however, is a NSW Police car whaich was a black Kia Sorrento or Surruto or some other rubbish; basically the equivalent of a hyundai excel piece of *****.

Back on topic though, Ford still manage to turn a profit both here and in the USA and Government Motors still loses billions. I wonder how long it will be before GM is ranked up there with other automotive acts of incompetence such as British Leyland?
Yes, some may say that Holden is seperate from GM to which I have many answers as to how that's baloney but remember this; who got a 200 million dollar loan/grant from the federal government this financial year? Who's LESS likely to need a government bailout?

Quote: