Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #91
robbo/region15

Default Re: VFacts March..Mazda wins AGAIN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Can you hear the drums ? Fernando (FORD) they beat for you..
Sad, a great car is going out so forgotten by Ford..Just like the Fairlane, LTD..
FOA has notified us of a further 10 non production days from 30 April til 29 June 2012 due to "Weaker Industry & Customer demand".Thats 17 days from March 2 2012 for this calendar year,so far .
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #92
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
. Yeah I have blue blood, but like many before me I've had enough of Ford.

true fans stick by their team through thick and thin. seems to me you aren't really a died in the wool ford fan.

do you stop supporting your footy team if they don't have a win for a while??

you continually use your personal experiences as though they are true for everyone.

guess its off to mazdaforums for you then. here, let me get the door for you..
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #93
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .FoMoCo.
For anyone here shouting claims of Mazda's so-called bulletproof reliability, just do a quick search on the recalls on the RX-8s.
Horrendous engine failures.

Can't remember anything like that one in Ford's recent history....
Anyone who buys an RX8 needs their head read. No torque, terrible fuel economy, midget size interior, only seats 4...just!
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #94
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
true fans stick by their team through thick and thin. seems to me you aren't really a died in the wool ford fan.

you continually use your personal experiences as though they are true for everyone.

Oh please. Comparing a sporting team to a car manufacturer is just plain silly. You don't hand over thousands of dollars of your hard earned money to your football team in exchange for a product, do you?
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #95
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
The C1 platform was not Ford's on their own it was a joint development between Volvo, Ford and Mazda.
Ford owned Volvo and at least half of Mazda, so I'm happy for the platform to be called Ford's.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #96
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up Re: VFacts March..Mazda wins AGAIN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER8
If you look at the bigger pictue, worldwide the top selling cars were
Pos Model 2011
1 Toyota Corolla 1,141,709
2 Ford Focus 882,551
3 VW Golf 864,452
4 VW Polo 788,789
5 Ford Fiesta 767,465
6 Hyundai Elantra 751,967
7 Wuling Sunshine 731,689
8 Chevrolet Cruze 704,691
9 Ford F-Series 698,319
10 VW Jetta 695,159

(Source http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2012/...elling-models/ )

Mazda 3 came in at pos 45 with 335,000 sales and Mazda 6 at pos 102 (below Mondeo) so Australia's market is skewed based on worldwide figures.
Good post.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 05-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #97
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davez621
Who cares about customer service? When I buy a car I just want the lowest possible price, and be done with it. My last car I bought new and owned for 7 years, never saw the dealership again after the day I picked it up. I get my cars serviced at Ultratune as it's far cheaper than at the dealer.
You make a good point.

I'd buy a new Ford if I could afford it, and have it serviced elsewhere.

I think what we're seeing here though, is a real shift in what car buyers actually want.

They want the whole "package" or "ownership experience" and not getting the brilliant service experience they expect or feel they are entitled to, sends them into a spin.

Me personally, I don't need this warm experience for me to buy the brand, I would buy based upon what car I really like/enjoy and what best meets my family's needs at the time. For now, that's still the Falcon or Territory.

To be sure, if I went back to Ford for dealer servicing, I would want fair and very good service and certainly not want to be messed around. The reality is for many (most) people, this isn't the reality. So I don't expect it.

I still love the cars though, and that far outweighs other reasons for buying one.

Clearly not everyone feels that way. Each to their own.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 05-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #98
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

To be honest I think the Falcon and Territory numbers need to be added together due to

1) Share components
2) Territory replaces the Falcon wagon for many people

Together they sell close to 3000 per month.

No problem there. It may actually be a reason the US dosnt replace Falcon with a US model due to the fact that the component and plaftorm sharing with Territory may be damaged.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #99
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
To be honest I think the Falcon and Territory numbers need to be added together due to

1) Share components
2) Territory replaces the Falcon wagon for many people

Together they sell close to 3000 per month.

No problem there. It may actually be a reason the US dosnt replace Falcon with a US model due to the fact that the component and plaftorm sharing with Territory may be damaged.
I agree totally. Territory is really Falcon wagon in a way. The Terri was always going to cannibalize some Falcons sales. Remember:

Falcon outsold: Aurion, Mazda 6, Maxima and Liberty

Territory outsold: Kluger and Captiva and any other similar SUV.

[what happened to yesterday's thread which listed the top 20 sales?]
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #100
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
Oh please. Comparing a sporting team to a car manufacturer is just plain silly. You don't hand over thousands of dollars of your hard earned money to your football team in exchange for a product, do you?
yeah you closet Holden guys stick together funny huh?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #101
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey

When did you buy your last "new" Ford.

your quick to give some of us a hard time when we have supported the company year after year... I have lost count of the new Falcon / Territory's I have bought in the last 10 years. It is easy however to see the ship is not on its planned route but sadly Ford have no one else but themselves to blame. Falcon really hasn't had the chance it deserved.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #102
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacultY
Well wen mazda 3 becomes uncool then mazdas in the shitter
Absolutely 100% correct , although it is a well engineered car the reason people buy them is purely a style based thing.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #103
stang65
FPRJET

Always the same people whinging, When are the mods going to make this a Ford forum instead of a place where people come to whinge about the product.

I for one am sick of it, I come here to get valuable information that will assist me in maintaining my car , also to be in the know of whats happening in the future with the brand.

All i see is the same people dragging this forum down with how many problems they have had and that they will never by a Ford again. Well don`t let the door hit you on the way out . Something needs to be done. i don`t care if the Mods even want to run a Poll, but this is becoming the anti- Ford Forum.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #104
Chopped
as in chopped

Ford and Holden had better watch out for Hyundai as well.

Mazda gained a lot of ground about ten years ago with new "trendy" designs that replaced the boring look they had (think 626,323) . The public liked.
Mazda 6 started the hype, then came the Mazda 3.

The current Mazda 6 is still an awesome looker for a four year old design IMO.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #105
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some of us have spent many $$'s buying new Fords and have Ford their whole life. Personally, i've had about 14 Fords (Mostly Falcons, Mustangs, LTD's) and had never bought another brand.

My wife owned a new Hyundai Getz and that was my first experience with another brand and I must say, they car itself has been more reliable than the Ford i've owned and less problematic, that includes my current FG XR8.

Having said that, Ford do have extremely good world products, and for the limited funding, FordAus do extremely well with the Falcon/Terriotry but i'd suggest, it's not up to world standard like the Focus/Mondeo/Fiesta etc and as they are perceived as the Falcon car company, it makes it harder for the market to accept the other models along with other world class cars.

I suspect FordAus know this and are in a transition phase, but in the meantime, what are us Ford fans going to buy? our 'hero' car is the Falcon, the FG isn't going to change and in my case, I don't want an FG II, I want a styling change as well as technical improvements. If FordAUs tap into the global large car range, I can get that.

So I say, roll on Taurus twin turbo AWD or Mustang for me. In the meantime, i'll keep the FG. If neither of this happens, i'm screwed, would never buy a Holden.
Ford Au need to start telling us Ford fans what they have in store fairly soon otherwise they will lose us.

They also need to sell more bread n butter cars, there must be a reason the Focus doesn't sell well here, and it's not the car itself. Marketing/perception of Ford spring to mind.

stang65, Its my view that Ford Aus should traipse this forum and find all the negatives from existing customers who are easy to retain than swinging buyers. Narrow the complaints down to common themes then perhaps work on it, therefore these (usually legitimate) whinges are beneficial...
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #106
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
it really does feel like im always saying the same things all the time here...
do people realize the holden comadore is the most recalled car in aus history???so why does it sell so many.
I n recent histroy ford has had a solid reputation as BUILT FORD TOUGH.

nOW ALL THESE UNEDUCATED PEOPLE WHO THINK JUST BECAUSE THEY OR SOMEONE THEY KNOW HAS OR HAD A PROBLEM WITH A FORD IS THE END OF THE WORLD IS DILUSSIONAL. i simply cant be bothered finding the site AGAIN but there is official stats and lists of surveys done for new car reliability...new car satisfaction..and new car faults/defects/warranty claims.

GUESS WHAT.....Toyota is from memory on average well down the list from where most of you percieve it...and for the rest of the brands their leading and main models...they are actually all very close on all accounts.

So all these idiots spreading garbage all the time about fords reliability..blah blah blah.......get a grip on reality

THE FACT IS FORD AUSTRALIA HAS CLASS LEADING CARS IN ALL CLASSES

I mean seriously..look at the stats above...the same cars were talking about here the mazda 3 was dominated by2 or 3 times by the Ford model around the globe

the only thing you can honestly put these australian figures and discussions down to is a myriad or reasons all adding up to ever changing and evolving sales records.

And for me...who cares about sales...FORDS ARE THE BEST
where was the recal for the rust?
where for the brake's?
where for the balljoints?

burying one's head head in the sand say's F,,,all for the "NON" recalls, only adds to one's miss trust!
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #107
stang65
FPRJET

And how many times has Holden done this. Where the recall for the faulty fuel gauges in the VY and VZ commodores, my mate has a VZ Calais and his taken it into Holden they just did a flash didn`t fix it, then he got a new float( or whatever it`s called apparently they can get bent when being installed in the factory put in the fuel tank, so he got that installed it still stuffed and it`s a known common problem.
All the manufacturers try to weasel out of warranties if they can.

Piston slap anybody?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #108
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
And how many times has Holden done this. Where the recall for the faulty fuel gauges in the VY and VZ commodores, my mate has a VZ Calais and his taken it into Holden they just did a flash didn`t fix it, then he got a new float( or whatever it`s called apparently they can get bent when being installed in the factory put in the fuel tank, so he got that installed it still stuffed and it`s a known common problem.
All the manufacturers try to weasel out of warranties if they can.

Piston slap anybody?
name me one that wasn't rebuilt?

a fulty full gauge! as serous as brakes, rust, balljoints? come on...serously.

enougth tangent... mazda to good for the month.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #109
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Always the same people whinging, When are the mods going to make this a Ford forum instead of a place where people come to whinge about the product.

I for one am sick of it, I come here to get valuable information that will assist me in maintaining my car , also to be in the know of whats happening in the future with the brand.

All i see is the same people dragging this forum down with how many problems they have had and that they will never by a Ford again. Well don`t let the door hit you on the way out . Something needs to be done. i don`t care if the Mods even want to run a Poll, but this is becoming the anti- Ford Forum.
Agree to some extent ..... except to briefly say ..... and without diverting from the topic ..... people do have a right to put their point of view across and you and others has the right to put theirs. Forums get accused ( & mods) of stifling discussions and when we let things run, get in strife for letting things go.

I to get very tired of having to defend what I drive to those who come onto a Forum dedicated to the brand and in effect telling me that I drive something that is not reliable, over priced or just generally crap. Yes I agree it is the same lost souls who forget where they are ..... put them selves under the umbrella of being a 'car enthusiast' which apparently then gives them the rights to bad mouth others ride's, hobbies or passion.

Yes Ford have their problems. Some are their own making, some are made up by others and a few are blown out of proportion. I have been involved in Fords all my life, know many who have been involved in more detail and know a few that make the decisions today on whats going on. Say things enough and they become gospel. The down fall of Rome. Ball joints, rust and shakey disks ........ many here just repeat what others say without experiencing for themselves. Quite a few have but the majority haven't. Other brands have their dramas but lets ignore those because on here ..... we only hear the vocal minority and those on the band wagon of negativity that constantly gets dished up day after day. I have read them all and its is the same that keep repeating their woes.

Yes things need to improve in certain areas ...... we know this as FORD enthusiasts, but so does FORD .... believe it or not.

If someone wants to replace their FORDS with Mazda ..... good luck to them but leave it at that and if a person who has a bad experience and 10 fold more have a good one ...... so be it. Expectations are different to everyone hence why there are so many brands and models ...... but do not come on here after the fact and complain about why you do not buy Fords anymore.

Those who are passionate about the brand do not need to defend the reasons why they prefer what they have. Respect what the Forums is about .......... or just read the sig below.

Seems a few enjoy being negative in the general forums ...... only come here to whinge that the ball joints will need to be replaced by Ford or complain about a dealer that they visited. Take up the offer from FORD and get the ball joints changed, go to another dealer OR buy another model if loving your dealer is that important! I suggest some need to spend some time in the 'Show us your car' area to see how much people enjoy what they have and if you are here just to be negative, buy something else and go away quietly.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 05-04-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #110
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
where was the recal for the rust?
where for the brake's?
where for the balljoints?

burying one's head head in the sand say's F,,,all for the "NON" recalls, only adds to one's miss trust!
1) the rust wasn't structural, just a bloody nuisance and downright embarrasing
2) The problem with brakes was blown out of proportion
3) Ball joint failure/dislocation only occurs at low speed full lock condition, so not life threatening.
Having said that, I know a company with several early territorys that had the ball joints replaced
at no charge because the company had them serviced regularly at a Ford dealer who checked them each time.

Like a lot of this Holden-Ford back and forth, a lot of issues grow legs on the internet until every vehicle concerned is a lemon.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #111
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
Its probably more due to the service experience people are more forgiving. Where as Ford and Holden treat their customers like crap.

Noisy steering, engine knocks, air in brakes from factory, turbo failures etc are common place.
That just goes to show that people will buy a product or service from someone they like. You could be selling the first legitimate cure for cancer and if you're an arrogant jerk, you won't sell it much. Be a nice likeable person who will look after the customer and they'll be more forgiving of the product. It's the human interaction thing that makes a sale, not necessarily a great product, although that is really important too. Marry the two together and you've got an unstoppable combination.

A friend of mine was ready to buy a new Ford Mondeo from a dealer the other day. He had the cash everything ready to go. The salesman ignored him for ages. Didn't even say "hello can I help", "nice day today", just plainly ignored him. Well he went to another dealer and bought the Mondeo didn't he. The rude dealer failed salesmanship 101, and paid for it. Idiot.
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #112
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The first set of graphical data is now uploaded into the Tech portal.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #113
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron

They also need to sell more bread n butter cars, there must be a reason the Focus doesn't sell well here, and it's not the car itself. Marketing/perception of Ford spring to mind.

Focus is supply limited to around 1500 a month, thats all they can get out of Europe until supply is switched to Thailand in around 6 months. Demand for Focus has been really good, just need to get supply volumes sorted and it should shoot sales figures upwards.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #114
Benjamin Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Focus is supply limited to around 1500 a month, thats all they can get out of Europe until supply is switched to Thailand in around 6 months. Demand for Focus has been really good, just need to get supply volumes sorted and it should shoot sales figures upwards.
Same with Ranger spoke to our local ford and one guy is waiting till Dec for his wildtrak
Benjamin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #115
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

According some on this forum, this years allocation for Wildtrak is sold out and they are not taking any more orders.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #116
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Wow, the Aurion has taken a real dump, what's going on there - no more govt/police sales?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #117
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Wow, the Aurion has taken a real dump, what's going on there
taking a dump is more enjoyable than driving one?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #118
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8

Thanks mate, wasn't aware of that, i was under the impression we got the base model Focus from South Africa and the XR from Europe.

I guess it shows that the Ford Au market isn't high priority, we can only hope things improve markedly when we get the Thai built cars.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #119
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Thats what it used to be with the 2nd gen model. 3rd gen ST isnt even in production yet though. South Africa also lost production of the 3rd gen to Broadmeadows, and when they gave it up is when i believe Thailand got it.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #120
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

" BECOMING " ? This has been an anti Ford forum for certain people for a long time M8 . Totally agree with your sentiments .