Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #91
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyyyy
TUF 302

Did the bugbomb damage ur interior in anyway???
Nope, smelt for a few hours but didn't hurt anything, the ones i used didn't shoot stuff that high, nowhere near 2.5m, i just left the doors open for a few hours and the smell went, no more bugs or spiders in her thats for sure

P.S, what kinda spider is that one XC GXL?? looks fast
Old 24-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #92
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

flyspray can do damage to certain finishes - be careful when using

one short spray onto a hairy huntsman even outdoors is enough to virtually disable it immediately. they do not need to be covered in it. inside they are cactus almost instantly
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #93
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I had a stack of daddy long legs in the house at one stage. I systematically killed them off over a few years and then noticed the rise of white tailed spiders.

Someone from work told me that the daddy long legs is a predator of the white tailed spider and so I set about a relocation program. I got every daddy long legs I could find in the back shed and brought them into the house. I must have brought about 10-12 inside I'd say.

It took a little while, but we got used to the sight of our little friends in most rooms and it wasn't too long since we had no white tailed spiders left. We haven't seen one in a few years!

Awesome.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #94
xy500
Constant annoyance

I heard huntsman's are now so biologically advanced that traditional insect sprays do not bother them, it simply causes them to grow bigger, and in the case of pregnant females can cause them to give birth.
It is true they can do 100m in 4 seconds, but that's just the first 100m, they continue to accelerate after that until reaching a top speed of 88mph where they will warp in time to appear on your lap at the most in-opportune time.
They've also been known to take small babies... :alien2:
Old 24-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #95
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always keep a folded up newspaper tucked between the centre console and the drivers seat for mosquitoes or arachnid encounters. I really don't like killing huntsmen because they are helpful and a pretty impressive beast but in a confined space it's me or them.

My XD has been sitting unused in the carport for a couple of months, not looking forward to what I might find in it when I get back to working on it.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #96
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im happy to report that i got the huntsman

After i washed my car i found it sitting on the back right tyre and with my thong i got it but only half and with half a body it went to the other side of the tyre (inner tub side)

So i ran in my house and got some spray and creamed him and he is no longer in my car.

Now i can drive without being nervous of something jumping out and suprising me.
Old 24-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #97
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Horay!, another one bites the dust!
Old 24-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #98
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

are you sure it's the one.........
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #99
Trendseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
are you sure it's the one.........
The one inside the car saw what you did to his friend and he's not happy....
Trendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #100
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Bloody Huntsmans. I remember going to Queensland from W.A for a scout Jamboree thing. Was setting up in QLD and a Hunstman came out of my rolled up sleeping bag. We all bolted lol. Had one land on my arm whilst I was in a tree watching a parade, I threw it into the crowd and watched them disperse very quickly, then I stood on it. When I lived in Kalamunda and Lesmurdie the things were always around. Worst was the one rolled up in the dunny roll. Where I am now my only prob is tiny baby spiders, I spray surface spray around the vent they come from and kill a heap at the same time, but 2 weeks later there are a **************** coming out of the vent. As I have an ant problem a pest controller will be called in. I hate spiders, but once when I was younger I put 3 in a chinese container together, shook it up and watched them fight, believe it or not the one that was 4 times smaller than the biggest won overall.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #101
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give him a pat.........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WY8M-B78ko
Old 24-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #102
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i0IpU-1WEc

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #103
Futura_2nv

i'm not even tempted in the slighest to check out them youtube videos lol i dnt feel like having nightmares tonight :P but at the same time i'm almost slightly curious as to whats in them lol
Futura_2nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #104
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well its 2-0 i win hahaha so i hope i dont see another ever again or the score will be 3-0 hahaha, knock on wood i didnt ginx myself LOL

Man thats massive sipder, id have a heart attack if i saw that thing roaming around
Old 26-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #105
Phyber
BF= Backend's Farked

Not enough pics on this page!

-------------------------------------------
BFII XR6T - ZF box
Racewars 2017 result - 800m @ 229km/h - 1000m @ 241km/h
PB: 317rwkw - 11.94 @ 120mph - 2.093 60'
PB: Stock/208rwkw - 13.594 @ 105mph - 2.297 60'
-------------------------------------------
Phyber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #106
Futura_2nv

last night i was sitting here at this very computer located in my room and at the corner of my eye i see something move and i looked over and couldnt see anything then a few mins later i was watching tv and all of a sudden at a million miles an hour this gigantic huntsman rushes up the wall across the side of my bed up over my bed and down the side and i immediately thought to myself ohh ************** that turned everything off and went and slept on the couch in the lounge lol i had a look for the bugger which was obviously on steroids and i couldnt find him at all

makes me kind of hesitant to sleep in my bed 2night

was easily the size of the inner ring of a dinner plate it was a monster so i guess they do breed them bigger here in qld lol
Old 26-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #107
Futura_2nv

my bad on the double post and i cant figure out or find how to delete the post

Last edited by Futura_2nv; 26-04-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: delete
Old 26-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #108
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Good thread, i might use some of this....
My EB is infested with white tails, they havent made it inside the car but every morning there are at least 20 new cobwebs going to the ground. that and the rear bar is chockas with leaves stuck to the webs...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #109
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura_2nv
last night i was sitting here at this very computer located in my room and at the corner of my eye i see something move and i looked over and couldnt see anything then a few mins later i was watching tv and all of a sudden at a million miles an hour this gigantic huntsman rushes up the wall across the side of my bed up over my bed and down the side and i immediately thought to myself ohh ************** that turned everything off and went and slept on the couch in the lounge lol i had a look for the bugger which was obviously on steroids and i couldnt find him at all

makes me kind of hesitant to sleep in my bed 2night

was easily the size of the inner ring of a dinner plate it was a monster so i guess they do breed them bigger here in qld lol
If I saw that in my room, I'd move house. And I can't believe these things are found in Queensland, I've been to the Gold Coast 3 times now, if I knew these MF's were around..

No snakes, no spiders, no crocs, no sharks (worth noting), no scorpios, no nothing - I'm glad I live in NZ! :
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #110
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should be a sticky so people can have a laugh and get some info on what 2 do
Old 27-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #111
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good one mickyyy - finally got the varmint, now an end to the creepy spider thread - just a thought, can anyone advise on how to get rid of tropical threadworms LOL.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #112
MeLLy

OMG what a creepy & hilarious thread.
I've had this problem, when we had the ute i always knew there was one living in the side mirror but never saw it until one day it popped its ugly head out, i freaked! As soon as i screamed it disappeared again......but later that night....we were going thru the maccas drive through & i was in the passenger seat & my bf was driving he was just getting our food when he turned to look at me & was like um mel there's a spider on ur window i turned around & began freaking out, hes like relax its on the outside and naturally i went to tapp on the window to see sure enough its on the inside of my window & that was it for me swung the door open & legged it screaming. The maccas chick was awfully confused. LOL

Then another night in the turbo i thought i'd go down the hill for a snack, got to the end of our street only been driving for not even a minute i turned to look out the drivers window to check for cars, just in time to see a HUGE huntsman the size of my hand crawling accross the outside of the window, i was frozen in fear knowing that soon i'd have to wind that window down to order something. So for the next 15 mins i had a jolly good time making the wind pass the car so fast that the damn thing couldnt hold onto it LOL But i did stop before i went to the drive thru just to check lol

Then the other week i went to coles to do some food shopping & when i came back to the car there was yet another huntsman sitting on my window enjoying the scenery, so i had to ask some dude who was walking by to kill it for me.

I hate them, they seriously creep me out. Never tried to keep them out of the car though.

B**** with Boost
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #113
Futura_2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by puts99
If I saw that in my room, I'd move house. And I can't believe these things are found in Queensland, I've been to the Gold Coast 3 times now, if I knew these MF's were around..

No snakes, no spiders, no crocs, no sharks (worth noting), no scorpios, no nothing - I'm glad I live in NZ! :

LOL yeah puts99 tell ya what tho i just hope that bugger doesnt have any of his gym buddies running around too lol you guys are lucky over there thats why i'm glad i have half my family living over there cuz i get to get away from all the big nasties over here lol

i've moved back into my bed..... now i just sleep with the blankets pulled tight over my head so i dont wake up and find it sharing my pillow or feel it run across me in the middle of the night lol
Old 28-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #114
max_torq
From the Futura

The way to deal with these is get some water soluble persistant pesticide from the local stock and station agent (eg: coopex), and while wearing safety equipment, gloves and glasses etc, spray around outside the house and in the garage carport etc, with a spray bottle. Set up a perimeter of death. This will kill every spider, every bug wasp cockroach etc and keep them dead over the breeding season.
max_torq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #115
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you think a spider in a car is bad try an encounter on a small watercraft! they will do ANYTHING to avoid getting wet take any risk and do anything to avoid the water my only escape was to jump off at around 60 knots and dive into the water problem was I couldn't because of life jacket so I had to remove the life jacket whilst doing some matrix like maneuver in the air throwing it away and then diving into the water, I stayed down till my lungs almost burst and mr spider was sitting on the life vest that was floating nearby I could have tore the owner of the craft six ways from Sunday who come over on his other one and said "what the hell was that what happened" to which I said "there was this bigassed spider ..." he said "oh great now my missus will ride the ski again you got rid of the spider"

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #116
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU
Old 28-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #117
TurboMad
Starter Motor

Quote:

Hahaha that was always just looking for trouble!
Old 28-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #118
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Hahahahaha, be careful daddy..........
Old 29-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #119
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man that is a huge huntsman, i would have gotten the brome on that thing LOL
Old 29-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #120
dallasv8