Where to next??

FSM Niki 650:

Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #92
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick_1010
I'm not 100% certain but the Camira was developed by Holden, but underpinned by a global GM platform. The Camira, combined with poor Commodore sales, was what nearly sent Holden bankrupt in the 80s.

The Camira was Holdens version of what GM called the "J Car"

It was a massive deal at the time, and underpinned a lot of models including an example from each of the 5 American GM brands.

It won Wheels Car Of The Year when it was first released, but its poor reputation is due to massive reliability issues.

tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #93
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
Do you mean how the headlights went from rectangular to circular then back to a more flush fitting rectangular, the hatchback was introduced on the second model, the fragile L34's driveline, The UC copping the Commodore/A9X rear suspension and dropping the V8.

Geez it's been years since I've seen a Plus 4 or a Sandpiper Gemini.
Also the Torana G-Pak, used to see heaps of them back in the day.
I saw one the other day....memories.

http://www.gmh-torana.com.au/forums/...showtopic=1006
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #94
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The XE, XF S Pac.

In the Commodore ranks, it's the SS minus the V8. It's taken many disguises over the last 25 years, base models tweaked with a few sporty mods. Maybe some lowered suspension and some 16s, etc. The SR, the current XR6 models, etc.

But I think these older models are quickly forgotten. You could call them the XR6s of the early 1980s, but I could hardly see a 6 cylinder XE S S Pac sprinting around a track, or at least doing it well.. I could see them casually having a crack. But if that tank next door is anything to go by, it might be more at home 4WD'ing.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #95
jixel 78

Datsuns. By god I mustve had 5 or six of em, I gave the things a damn good hiding. We all remember the 1600`s but the early 180B that I had for a few years went and went.When VP(VR maybe.. I forget) came out I was an apprentice at a Toyota dealer,some of the failed Lexcens (another lost model) had IRS so we whacked one on the hoist and thought bloody hell its just a big Datsun.Heaps of Dattos around in the late 80`s with an oil blackened tail light and a young punk flat changing it in the wet.Well in the dry too for that matter.Have not seen one for years.
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post