Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #91
pottsy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
while the confrontation and end result was totally weak and pathetic - am i the only one who thinks the situation may have been inflamed by the above comments

there is a distinct possibility on the comode dore forum, some one has written they were trying to be friendly and invite others to join their party, to be told to effectively .... off
agreed, you should always be polite and tell them your name. what they hell are they going to do with your name anyway?

they probably approached because you had girls with you and they wanted to talk (i suppose more than this ). but if you were nice to them in the first place you guys might of had a good time together? if not you could of spoken to then for say 10mins, then say "oh we got to go now." and none of this would of happened.
Old 17-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #92
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Is that "nothing ever happens' as in no fighting, or as in your mates don't put out?

thats a nothing ever happens as in no fighting... I do karate and have so for 14 years so legally I can get in serious trouble... I pull over to sort things out verbally. I dont see the need to fight.

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Old 17-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #93
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon4L
thats a nothing ever happens as in no fighting... I do karate and have so for 14 years so legally I can get in serious trouble... I pull over to sort things out verbally. I dont see the need to fight.
Yeah, had to register when i was 18 :( :(
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 17-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #94
68XTFairmont

There is a lot to be said for civil libertarians (apart from they don't shave their armpits) Back in my day if ya stuffed up ya paid the penalty, Whether that be the cain at school, the local copper giving you a boot up the butt and stern scaring to or the old man wrapped the kettle cord around ya butt. We soon learned what was right and wrongand learned that there were consiquences if we chose to do wrong.

These days kids are taught that no matter what they do wrong nobody has the right to repremand them, Therefore when making the choice between right and wrong some of them figure "well I really shouldn't do this, But it does look like fun and nothing is going to happen to me if I get caught". You even find most of these teenagers out there filming their exploits and having a good laugh.

Nobody carried things like knives, Guns or Baseball bats back in the bad old days because they knew that if they got caught with them they would get a Huge kick in the butt. If you had a Beef with somebody you sorted it out with the tools you were born with and once it was over that was it.

I have tried to Teach my kids from my mistakes and explain to them all about consequences, So far they seem to be turning out pretty good and hopefully they stay that way. But if I ever hear that they are out there doing this sort of stuff no do gooder is going to stop me kicking them in the butt and making them feel what consequences are.

I don't believe in bashing kids but I do believe that there really does need to be some sort of discipline bought back into the world.
Old 17-09-2008, 11:14 PM   #95
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsy44
agreed, you should always be polite and tell them your name. what they hell are they going to do with your name anyway?

they probably approached because you had girls with you and they wanted to talk (i suppose more than this ). but if you were nice to them in the first place you guys might of had a good time together? if not you could of spoken to then for say 10mins, then say "oh we got to go now." and none of this would of happened.
If a drunk guy walks up to you on the street and asks for your name, do you tell them? I think not.

They were purely looking for trouble. You can feel the vibes, atmosphere, gut feeling whatever. And they didn't wanna be friends, I can assure you.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 18-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #96
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
If a drunk guy walks up to you on the street and asks for your name, do you tell them? I think not.

They were purely looking for trouble. You can feel the vibes, atmosphere, gut feeling whatever. And they didn't wanna be friends, I can assure you.

No you tell them your Bruce Lee or Danny Green, your having a bad day and you want to share the feeling.

Always entertaining.
Old 18-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #97
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSex
Does anybody else see the irony in everyone condemning going over and knee-capping the bloke, but in the same breath, advocating hitting kids with a cane to make them behave?

:togo:

Violence isn't the answer with d!ckheads in commodores, and it isn't with kids either. I'm not advocating letting them run riot, just saying there are more effective ways to discipline kids than hitting them. What's better...doing the right thing because it's the right thing, or doing the right thing because you know if you don't, the old man is gonna wrap the kettle cord around your legs?
: where did i mention the cane FFS. Did you mean to quote someone else and made a mistake , are you a stirring tool or are you just unable to read ??? I can accept genuine comments about what i have said but when you quote me as saying something i did not thats just plain stupid

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 19-09-2008, 03:46 AM   #98
GSH
AU2 XR8

had a few incidents like this...these dicks in there jacked up 4WDs that think there crusty demons swerve at me....I just take the plate (my dads an ex cop still has a few strings) and i just floor the XR8 and leave them for dust....not waiting around for some idiot to hit my pride and joy

PERTH W.A

0406 553 226
Old 19-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #99
XlR8TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
: where did i mention the cane FFS. Did you mean to quote someone else and made a mistake , are you a stirring tool or are you just unable to read ??? I can accept genuine comments about what i have said but when you quote me as saying something i did not thats just plain stupid
I've replied to you via PM, but seeing as you've posted here, I'll reply here too. All I was quoting from you, was that you were rightly saying he shouldn't go over and knee-cap the bloke. The quote was probably a poorly chosen one in hindsight, but that was the aim at the time.

Like I also said in my PM, there's no need to fly off the handle either. Simply asking me to edit is fine, instead of carrying on.

Settle down mate. Just a poorly chosen quote.
Edit: Seems I can't edit my old post. Maybe a mod would like to remove the quote from it, so we can all un-bunch our knickers.
Old 19-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #100
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

I'd be more ****ed off at the girl then at the drunk teenagers. Sure those guys were idiots but what was the girl doing yelling crap like that and getting you in trouble.

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 19-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #101
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_chick
gee....guys are pathetic...bloody EGOs :P

He probably came over to see your "private party" with 4 chicks...was jealous :
After reading both your posts on this thread numerous times, i'm yet to find something helpful. Guys are not pathetic. An observation was made by a few members, that sometimes women can put their foot in their mouths with poorly timed and thought out comments. (see orig post ) Thanks for proving that.

Last edited by RobRoy; 19-09-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: adding text
Old 19-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #102
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy
After reading both your posts on this thread numerous times, i'm yet to find something helpful. Guys are not pathetic. An observation was made by a few members, that sometimes women can put their foot in their mouths with poorly timed and thought out comments. (see orig post ) Thanks for proving that.
It was a joke mate. Ease up.

The comment was made page back that if the girl did not open her mouth, then nothing would have happened. If the other drop kick didn't open his, then nothing would have either.

The only pathetic guy I know, is the one that can't handle getting abit of lip from a girl. the guy had the intention of hitting this girl because of a few words. The words must have damaged his ego bad! I fly off the tap, and can't fight logically, I just start swinging as soon as you swing at me so I avoid physical confrontation as much as possible.

If I had a bunch of good mates in my car like that, then I would have done the same as you. If I was alone however, I would have showed them what a Falcon rear end looks like.

We can all pretend we are goodie goodies here. However, if the Police ain't going to do anything (as proven here) then I think my life is my important then a few small laws. Debatable by alot of people! :thebirds:

As long as it ended well. Hope the car stays safe, if not, let us know, road trip to Cairns anyone? :

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Old 19-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #103
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

We are done here.
Closed Thread