Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #961
I6DOHC

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
FGs aren't perfect, although I think it's a bit of a lottery.
In my experience the Focus's aren't perfect either. Got a Focus as a daily when I got my FG turbo serviced. To be honest it was extremely underwhelming. Not sure where the superior build quality is supposed to be hiding, it was one of the tinniest cars I have ever driven. Also terribly gutless and handled like a pig. Needless to say, it won't be on my shopping list anytime soon.

What the whole experience did do is make me appreciate the fantastic bang for buck that you get with falcon, and also makes me really look forward to what is coming with FH..the last ever Falcon.

Spy pics and info welcome...bring them on.
I6DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #962
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone snap some more pics pleaseee. These off the topic posts are boring as a Holden barina
Old 03-02-2014, 11:14 PM   #963
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

With or without a Chev badge ??
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #964
ltd
Force Fed Fords

One thing I've noticed is when a thread is dictated to by the availability of information (like pictures), it tends to expose the resident trolls.
From the level of poorly constructed arguments devoid of any factual information beyond; "it's my opinion and I'm right so there" - to the thinly veiled hatred of ford products because they're "unpatriotic" is an embarrassment.
Seriously, people who have never owned an FG talking about how bad they are to own? Come on.

I've been a member since 2005 and frankly, whilst things such as the project cars are good, I've noticed a steady increase in the number of trolls, and the number of members ready to crucify others for perceived mistakes or misjudgements.
To illustrate the point, since Ford has announced their decision to close local manufacturing in Australia there was a resurgence of the parochial bogan who called Ford traitors to the free world. These same people argued that Ford should "market their cars, and they'll sell" - completely devoid of any business acumen which would otherwise suggest that perhaps one needs money to advertise. That and the market has changed for dozens of reasons from government fleets, to fuel prices, green schemes, unions etc etc.
Did this stop the trolls unrelenting pursuit of internet hero status? Nope, it only served to put more gasoline on the fire. Those who disagreed were attacked by these trolls which was amusing in a Darwinist sort of way, but it only served to make each thread more and more pointless other than fulfilling the vapid lives of these sad internet warriors. It's definitely lowered the tone here on AFF.

To be honest, it's like the forums have metaphorically removed the Southern Cross sticker, and replaced it with a "******* off we're full sticker instead.
It's not the fault of the moderators who would be having a hell of a job dealing with the extraordinary number of problematic posts, I believe it's the usual suspects who believe the only way to elevate themselves is by belittling others and hoping for some kind/any kind of response. It's really sad.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #965
nstg8a

You make too much sense, your obviously wrong.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #966
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

You're...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #967
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
One thing I've noticed is when a thread is dictated to by the availability of information (like pictures), it tends to expose the resident trolls.
From the level of poorly constructed arguments devoid of any factual information beyond; "it's my opinion and I'm right so there" - to the thinly veiled hatred of ford products because they're "unpatriotic" is an embarrassment.
Seriously, people who have never owned an FG talking about how bad they are to own? Come on.

I've been a member since 2005 and frankly, whilst things such as the project cars are good, I've noticed a steady increase in the number of trolls, and the number of members ready to crucify others for perceived mistakes or misjudgements.
To illustrate the point, since Ford has announced their decision to close local manufacturing in Australia there was a resurgence of the parochial bogan who called Ford traitors to the free world. These same people argued that Ford should "market their cars, and they'll sell" - completely devoid of any business acumen which would otherwise suggest that perhaps one needs money to advertise. That and the market has changed for dozens of reasons from government fleets, to fuel prices, green schemes, unions etc etc.
Did this stop the trolls unrelenting pursuit of internet hero status? Nope, it only served to put more gasoline on the fire. Those who disagreed were attacked by these trolls which was amusing in a Darwinist sort of way, but it only served to make each thread more and more pointless other than fulfilling the vapid lives of these sad internet warriors. It's definitely lowered the tone here on AFF.

To be honest, it's like the forums have metaphorically removed the Southern Cross sticker, and replaced it with a "******* off we're full sticker instead.
It's not the fault of the moderators who would be having a hell of a job dealing with the extraordinary number of problematic posts, I believe it's the usual suspects who believe the only way to elevate themselves is by belittling others and hoping for some kind/any kind of response. It's really sad.
Is this too long to use as a signature?
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #968
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post

,,,i dont need to be reading stuff like this,,just show me some sneek peak pics of the new falcon
sprint347dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #969
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The FH

Last edited by csv8; 01-03-2014 at 10:25 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 04:59 AM   #970
pearlhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
The FH
That's a Taurus.
This is the 2014 Falcon thread. Tits or GTFO
pearlhead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #971
martyal44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not bad; nearly 1000 posts and not one conclusive picture, reminds me of a UFO (hoax)website.
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #972
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Interesting heading....

http://news.drive.com.au/photogaller...528-2n8lf.html

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #973
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe they just aren't going to build it
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #974
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Isn't that an old item, nearly a year ago IIR.

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #975
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
Isn't that an old item, nearly a year ago IIR.
Looks like they have re-hashed an old article. That was on the front of drive.com.au when I posted it but the date when you click on the link next to the pictures is for the end of may last year.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #976
Dmarc
Starter Motor

[QUOTE=I6DOHC;5011591]In my experience the Focus's aren't perfect either. Got a Focus as a daily when I got my FG turbo serviced. To be honest it was extremely underwhelming. Not sure where the superior build quality is supposed to be hiding, it was one of the tinniest cars I have ever driven. Also terribly gutless and handled like a pig. Needless to say, it won't be on my shopping list anytime soon.

What the whole experience did do is make me appreciate the fantastic bang for buck that you get with falcon, and also makes me really look forward to what is coming with FH..the last ever Falcon.

I had a Kuga for a day when my FG2 eco lpi XR6 was serviced. Was glad to give the Kuga back and get back behind the wheel of my XR6. Just confirms for me that we make great cars and nothing can replace the Falcon!
Dmarc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #977
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlhead View Post
That's a Taurus.
This is the 2014 Falcon thread. Tits or GTFO
No sense of HUMOUR!!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #978
Bobman
Regulator

That pic from last month:

I hope they finally wise up and use an LED centre stop light. The older (from 1980s) style of centre stop looks very out dated now.

Even the NF/NL Fairlane/LTD models had LED centre stop lights.

Apart from that, hopefully we see more spy pics soon. Agree with another poster here re side indicators. I'm willing to bet Ford will do the dodgy and have amber lenses on the XT as they have on the base SZ Territory. I thought we've moved on from amber lenses by now, so not sure what they were thinking.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #979
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Rear centre brake light wont change as they haven't changed the back window.

I just wish they would release this car now. I want to buy one but I am scared of the quality.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #980
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

They need to release it now as people clearly don't like the FG 2.
Just wonder if it will be enough to make someone buy one, or has the large sedan class just too out of favour.

Last edited by XRtowcar; 07-02-2014 at 11:46 AM.
XRtowcar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #981
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Is it just me or is there some antenna base on the back of the roof? Perhaps they have had to go to an external antenna due to the new Sync setup?
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #982
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

There is certainly something on the back of the roof but it could be anything.

New style of alloy wheel there too by the looks.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #983
Hawkeye84

Heres my take on the rear, hope it doesn't offend anyone

Last edited by Hawkeye84; 02-11-2017 at 01:21 AM.
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #984
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

External antenna would be good. Reception in FG is average at best.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #985
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

not a bad effort Hawkeye84.

Tail light doesn't slope downward like that, much straighter across the bottom. Internal light detail is quite different to that.

Tail gate doesn't raise up like that, just stays the same basically.

Update has new lines flowing from new tail light design into guard and bumper.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #986
Hawkeye84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
not a bad effort Hawkeye84.

Tail light doesn't slope downward like that, much straighter across the bottom. Internal light detail is quite different to that.

Tail gate doesn't raise up like that, just stays the same basically.

Update has new lines flowing from new tail light design into guard and bumper.
Thanks for the feedback - i was trying to base the design on the Escort, from what your are saying i assume its more like the Jaguar XF rear?
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #987
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

So like this then

But using the FG's existing shutlines.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #988
Rodge
Banned

^^
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #989
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Can anyone confirm (hoping for facts not heresay lol) if FH will have:

Sync
Keyless Entry
Keyless Start
Heated Seats
Old 07-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #990
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

very much like that RW.

As for front, the new Figo is a very good starting point... Falconise that and you're there.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post