Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #961
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Spare allocations in Sydney..

This falcon will be remembered not just for being the last but surely one of the most up n down round n round models of falcon ever sold..

Those that have pulled out of buying an XR8 if youse are watching clipsal it's gotta make u wonder why! I maybe a bit biast but those FGX V8SC's are hands down best lookin car on the track!!

The front end, global design or whatever just looks tough as and makes the field look dated, ecspecially the VF!

Up the FGX for the clipsal win!!!
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #962
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@Rockdale View Post
Gee I wonder who that could be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar
Hi Guys,

If there is anyone in Sydney looking for an XR8 both Manual or Auto let me know. I will give you a contact to a dealer who can allocate a car to you and not charge stupid money either.

George
That's right guys, this is Craig pm him your contact details and he will look after you if your after a XR8 or any Ford for that matter . He is based in Sydney.

George
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #963
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Picked my manual XR8 up yesterday very happy with it, suspension is heaps better than my Mk 1 FG F6. Motor is total different they are really hard to compare the V8 loves to rev. SYNC 2 was a nightmare at first but finally getting somewhere with it. Really just have to get use to it and use the correct wording. One thing that I have noticed is you can't just search a town or suburb name in navigation it won't happen it has to be a full address number, street name and then suburb or a street name if you know it and then pick it form the list it comes up which is annoying.

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #964
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
Picked my manual XR8 up yesterday very happy with it, suspension is heaps better than my Mk 1 FG F6. Motor is total different they are really hard to compare the V8 loves to rev. SYNC 2 was a nightmare at first but finally getting somewhere with it. Really just have to get use to it and use the correct wording. One thing that I have noticed is you can't just search a town or suburb name in navigation it won't happen it has to be a full address number, street name and then suburb or a street name if you know it and then pick it form the list it comes up which is annoying.

Cheers Ryan
Amen brother! My biggest and only real gripe is the voice control in Sync. I was having the Ghia roadworthied on Saturday, and tried reading the manual. It didn't help me at all, I think I'll just try different things and see how it goes. You should be able to say, "Take me to X address", but instead it wants you to go through several steps first, like 'Navigation', then Find Address', then 'Suburb', and on and on. Not liking the voice control, and I think I might just do things the old fashioned way.

The other gripe with Sat Nav is that it should activate inputting addresses while driving if you have a front seat passenger. My wife wants to set an address, but I need to pull over so she can do it. End up using Google Maps on the phone, defeating the whole point. But if this is all I can fault, then it must be a bloody good car.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #965
g220ba
FGX XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Amen brother! My biggest and only real gripe is the voice control in Sync. I was having the Ghia roadworthied on Saturday, and tried reading the manual. It didn't help me at all, I think I'll just try different things and see how it goes. You should be able to say, "Take me to X address", but instead it wants you to go through several steps first, like 'Navigation', then Find Address', then 'Suburb', and on and on. Not liking the voice control, and I think I might just do things the old fashioned way.

The other gripe with Sat Nav is that it should activate inputting addresses while driving if you have a front seat passenger. My wife wants to set an address, but I need to pull over so she can do it. End up using Google Maps on the phone, defeating the whole point. But if this is all I can fault, then it must be a bloody good car.
It took me a few days to get used to sync 2 but to set and address you don't need to go through the options you mentioned, push the voice control button and just say the address as fluently and normally as possible, try to avoid pausing in between words too much . It so far has worked for me or push the button and say find an address then say the address you want. Hope this helps a bit.
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #966
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think there is two different modes for sync2, normal and advanced from what I've red advanced speeds things up a hell of a lot.
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #967
Cymrucaveman

I got the good news this morning that my XR8, Smoke, Auto is being built in May.

Needless to say, very excited! Deposit was put down October and I asked for a car mid year so the dealer hasn't disappointed.

I know of some people having delays in their car arriving but what sort of (standard) timeframe am I looking at between start of build and delivery? 30 days? 60 days? etc.

Oh, and no mention of increased price, which I guess Is just pure luck.....
Cymrucaveman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #968
g220ba
FGX XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-302 View Post
I think there is two different modes for sync2, normal and advanced from what I've red advanced speeds things up a hell of a lot.
It does, in advanced the only time you hear her voice is to confirm selections.
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:45 PM   #969
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-302 View Post
Great, you've just reminded me to do that! It should just do what I ask it to do, sounds like this is my solution.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #970
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymrucaveman View Post
I got the good news this morning that my XR8, Smoke, Auto is being built in May.

Needless to say, very excited! Deposit was put down October and I asked for a car mid year so the dealer hasn't disappointed.

I know of some people having delays in their car arriving but what sort of (standard) timeframe am I looking at between start of build and delivery? 30 days? 60 days? etc.

Oh, and no mention of increased price, which I guess Is just pure luck.....
You'll be very happy with Smoke, it is darker than I thought it was and damn is it sexy! I compared it to the Ghia I have in Ego, and it is lighter but not as much as I thought it would be.

Highly recommend the tint and Opti Coat, the paint looks so nice and the muck comes right off. Money well spent!

I was told 13th January that mine was being built, it arrived at the dealer on 17th February, and I took delivery the next day.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #971
Cymrucaveman

Thanks FGX335, I hope mine will only be a month turn around. Champing at the bit.

Originally had a Kinetic on order but change to smoke after seeing it in the flesh, really nice looking color.

So many plans and money to be spent, thinking opticoat or similar, tint, and a bit of low, perhaps coilovers.......but we'll see what the wife allows!

Other bit of info my dealer gave me was that I would have waited til sept if I wanted a manual......not sure if that's dealer allocation or lower overall production numbers......
Cymrucaveman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #972
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally had a Kinetic on order but change to smoke after seeing it in the flesh, really nice looking color.
Side/Wing mirrors are smoke coloured no matter what colour you order, so actually looks better on the smoke body.

Dealer allocations are pretty small, we have 3 manuals left and 9 auto's for the rest of the year until the Mustang arrives. That said 2 months ago we were told by Ford not to bother ordering any more as the orders won't be filled...now there's heaps of them!

Probably scabbed a few extra blocks off the Mustang production line?
Craig@AUDI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #973
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Thanks FGX335, I hope mine will only be a month turn around. Champing at the bit.

So many plans and money to be spent, thinking opticoat or similar, tint, and a bit of low, perhaps coilovers.......but we'll see what the wife allows!

Other bit of info my dealer gave me was that I would have waited til sept if I wanted a manual......not sure if that's dealer allocation or lower overall production numbers......
Yep, they had an ex-press car in Kinetic, and next to the Smoke, the Smoke was a better looking car. It blends the grille in a bit better, so it isn't the focal point, and I think it makes it a better looking car.

I'm actually liking the ride height over the Ghia, I don't scrape on every speed hump. Need a bag kit to get the right height when you need it!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #974
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ordered mine yesterday in Aero Blue manual from Craig at Rockdale. Picking it up Jan next year. cant wait anyone that's being stuffed around by dealers or want to order one give Craig a call would have to be the easiest dealer to deal with I've experienced. I'm from Melb but making the flight up to pick it up as I didn't want to miss out on a piece of Australian history.

Daily: UA11 BiTurbo Everest
Weekend Project 1999 AU XR8
Past rides:

Mondeo XR5 Turbo

RIP: FGX XR8 MANUAL Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447239

AU Fairlane Sparkling Burgundy thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....61#post5854961

UX explorer limited

FOCUS ST,

UT Explorer limited Written OFF

BA XR8
Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....1299363&page=7

AU XR6 VCT

ED GLI Classic
EVL BOS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #975
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL BOS View Post
Ordered mine yesterday in Aero Blue manual from Craig at Rockdale. Picking it up Jan next year. cant wait anyone that's being stuffed around by dealers or want to order one give Craig a call would have to be the easiest dealer to deal with I've experienced.
Shhhhhh!

Us car dealers have a bad reputation to uphold you know!

2 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #976
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Just got this email from Ford - anyone else get it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FordUpdate.jpg (27.9 KB, 137 views)
pwr4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #977
DannyB
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr4ce View Post
Yep, got the same email last week. Which was about a week after my dealer told me I'll get my car April/May. Kinda cool.
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #978
mickadutd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr4ce View Post
Yep, I got mine on the 25th of February for a June build. Exciting days ahead!
mickadutd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #979
335JET
@jas_23_

Yea I got that email last week too, pretty confident im getting one now. Mines a june build.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 07:00 PM   #980
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been told a May build for me.

For anyone who wants a raw view of how the car drives, I took an auto XR8 for a run today- 4 laps round my "circuit."

In terms of the box, in "manual" sequential mode there is a delay in terms of power delivery, you need to almost use a soft slow hand to match engine power/software/torque converter gear engagement.

You need to treat the pedal with respect, going round the first roundabout I booted it, and we were going sideways with an alarming lack of warning .....Need to ease the pedal in round corners, but is nicely linear in power delivery so you can get that steering by throttle effect.

The engines new are tight, 3/4 way through the run suddenly the engine developed a different more hearty note and the supercharger whine suddenly appeared at high revs with that jet engine whine and ripping that really gives tingles in all the right places, and was pulling better.

Steering is nicely weighted and good. Front end feels the weight, but easily counter balanced feeding in power.

All the journalists said it is too hard in suspension. To me, it is too soft, too much body roll, and the rear end needs to be tightened down considerably. It felt a bit loose and flabby.

The brakes are not as strong as the brembos in the AMG C63, reminded me of the BMW M3 brakes in the V8. After 4 "circuit" laps, the brakes started going off, but before then the package was working well ie sharp sliding corners with full braking and anti lock doing the modulation in a beautiful way enabling steering.

All up, I missed the direct bite and immediacy of a manual, the engine was tight and had less grunt than I thought (but was loosening up), with that orgasmic turbine shriek coming on song 40 minutes in....

The suspension needs work (especially rear end) and the brakes for hard driving need to be upgraded.

But saying all this, I took a late model F6 that had been modified (intercooler, valve springs, fuel jets, herrod piping) with auto, and to me although it had insane power it was not driveable. I passed.

The XR8 at the end of the drive I was able to slide with traction control off cause it's engine is linear, and I will not pass my XR8 due for May build. But for me a manual is imperative, as will be a suspension upgrade virtually asap.

And brakes a little later.

Anyway, all up it is a great car that will give you a big smile, but if you are not used to oversteer control on corners, beware.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #981
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Interesting you think the brakes will fade. When we tested the XR8 at Winton there was no fade with groups of Journalists simulating emergency stops from over 170kph one after the other for a few hours on a hot day.

The suspension is great for mountain roads the car handled well and stuck like glue at double the advisory limits. I can only imagine your "circuit" being a race track to require any more from brakes or suspension.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #982
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe View Post
Interesting you think the brakes will fade. When we tested the XR8 at Winton there was no fade with groups of Journalists simulating emergency stops from over 170kph one after the other for a few hours on a hot day.

The suspension is great for mountain roads the car handled well and stuck like glue at double the advisory limits. I can only imagine your "circuit" being a race track to require any more from brakes or suspension.
Look, at the end of a rapid 4 runs, there was a doughiness creeping in- not full fade. And yeah- the "circuit" is pretty demanding, my brother found out blowing the engine in his modified STI....

And take what journalists say with a pinch of salt- suspension too hard-bah. All this stuff is subjective anyway, your mileage may vary....

What I can say is that the suspension in an M3 and an AMG C63 with sports suspension is far tighter and more to my liking

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 05-03-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:14 PM   #983
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

How many klm has this test XR8 done? Assuming it was a demo?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #984
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
How many klm has this test XR8 done? Assuming it was a demo?
Very low km's, only registered last week. Victory gold auto.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2015, 07:44 PM   #985
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
Very low km's, only registered last week. Victory gold auto.
To give some context, I have been waiting 4 months, will be total 8 months before I get my vehicle. And it crossed my mind- I could roll for another performance vehicle now which I can test drive now. Like a little M car, or a second hand Porsche...

I became concerned at the fact of buying a vehicle 8 months into the future without a test drive, having previously driven that F6 and hating it.

So I took the opportunity to test drive one now, to make sure it was not a mistake. And like taking performance cars for test drives from BMW and Mercedes which I have done, and who expect you to test it commensurate with it's performance heritage, I did test this vehicle.

And it has confirmed in my mind that it is a great car, not perfect, but great.

Last edited by asagaai; 05-03-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 18-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #986
brens

Yes! From Sunshine Ford on the Gold Coast today...
Capture.JPG

2015 Ford Falcon FGX XR8 in Emperor
brens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2015, 06:49 PM   #987
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brens View Post
Yes! From Sunshine Ford on the Gold Coast today...
Attachment 87069
That's quite a nice touch from Ford isn't it!
Old 18-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #988
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@Rockdale View Post
That's quite a nice touch from Ford isn't it!
Craig is this part of the qc2 system?
Rumor is that we will be online this year at my dealership, way ahead of schedule.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #989
Craig@AUDI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
Craig is this part of the qc2 system?
Rumor is that we will be online this year at my dealership, way ahead of schedule.
It sure seems familiar to me as QC2, I only did 2 months of it at a previous Ford dealer who was a pilot (read guinea pig) dealer for it in NSW.
Old 24-03-2015, 10:35 PM   #990
Pilko FNQ

Hi guys, is it worth ticking the XR8 options box for the perimeter alarm? The price looks good but are they a reliable unit? Cheers Chris.
Pilko FNQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post