Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-03-2007, 12:25 AM   #61
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Yeah went very nice I want mine to feel like yours.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 02:59 AM   #62
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
Cant believe your cars didnt come with them?
Mine did but the rubber was worn and it made the stick slopping and hard to get gears
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 04:19 AM   #63
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Your left leg is going to be the same size as the hulks soon with that damn clutch. I dont think that clutch is brass button its just a normal clutch as it has some slip in it but the clamp load must be dam high. Goes a lot better than the auto. What did ya think about the AU when ya took her for a spin???
It is a brass button, well technically it's a cusion button as it has the same clamping surface as a brass, only difference is that it has a flexi layer running through the middle of the plate to give it a little slip. Clamping pressure is meant to be rated to about 500hp if i remember correctly....

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #64
bomber
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
It is a brass button, well technically it's a cusion button as it has the same clamping surface as a brass, only difference is that it has a flexi layer running through the middle of the plate to give it a little slip. Clamping pressure is meant to be rated to about 500hp if i remember correctly....
ahhk do you remember what the clamp load was in Kg's. Im a little worried that clutch might start doing some damage to the rised section in the firewall where the cable enters as it is so heavy and also the entry point is a lot thinner around the walls than that in the AU
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #65
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

The clutch shouldn't be heavy. The extreme clutches are renound for being light.

You sure the rest of the setup is spot in? cable isn't stuff? Thrust bearing new?
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #66
Steady ED
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
The clutch shouldn't be heavy. The extreme clutches are renound for being light.

You sure the rest of the setup is spot in? cable isn't stuff? Thrust bearing new?
It looks to be an exedy, no at an extreme.
Steady ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #67
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58

Not sure how heavy it is myself as I haven't used it.

Both the cable and bearing are second hand. I didn't check the cable but the bearing is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady ED
It looks to be an exedy, no at an extreme.
It's an exedy but not sure of the spec, Rmyerz should know, he bought this new.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #68
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Yeah it is an excedy. I know they are heavy.

Oh well.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #69
EDXR6T

Its a button clutch, get over it shaun!

If you want il swap you my PBR;)
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #70
bomber
Banned

Ha ha I wouldnt even want a clutch that heavy stuff driving it in traffic. Button clutches are usually light as a feather so not sure what makes this one so bad.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 09:19 PM   #71
bentles
Banned

speaking of reflections... after inspecting myself in the mirror, peeling on the neck, forehead, ear, and cheek

hooray for ukrainian blood!!
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 09:21 PM   #72
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

That slight adjustment last night bomber has made heaps of difference it feels alot better driving home and on the way to work today.

lol bentles you got so burnt.

Old 14-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #73
EDXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentles
speaking of reflections... after inspecting myself in the mirror, peeling on the neck, forehead, ear, and cheek

hooray for ukrainian blood!!
I love being black. :

Quote:
That slight adjustment last night bomber has made heaps of difference it feels alot better driving home and on the way to work today.
So whats the secret then??
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #74
bentles
Banned

Quote:

lol bentles you got so burnt.
neck was the worst cos the day before i was at carcity for like 4 hours too lol
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #75
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
I love being black. :

So whats the secret then??
Just another clutch adjustment.

Old 15-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #76
Sundeep
Banned

Shaun you stooged me bro I thought you were cool. I went to all that efford of getting a fuel pump out of a mangled *** rear end of a car and you didn't get back to me!!!! :(

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post