Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-10-2006, 02:28 AM   #61
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
The seller is a PowerSeller, meaning he generates lots of money for Ebay, meaning Ebay will do as little as they can to stop him. In fact, if you are just a regular bumb Ebayer (somebody like me), then Ebay, regardless of the truth, will always point the finger at you, because you aren't generating squillions of dirty dollars per year which Ebay can get it's grubby hands on.

It's unfair, but I hope you get your cash back
this is unfortunately the harsh truth of ebay.

They have plenty of spiels about fair trade, dispute reolution etc, but once you try, ebay generates a standard letter that dismisses it as between the parties, but assures you they take stuff very seriously. Oh, and of course they cant tell you of any follow up they may or may not have with the particular person in question. Its one of the best rorts on the net.

Feedback on ebay isnt worth anything. Everyone is so desperate to keep 100% positive. So sellers often wotn leave feedback until the buyer does. This is a disincentive to buyers to leave genuine feedback, ie: finally got it, but the hassle was too much, never again.

I actually emailed ebay about it a few years ago, they dont see the conflict in allowing a seller to hold off on feedback until the buyer has left theirs. Its ridiculous, the buyers part is over once payment has been made.

How hard would it be for ebay to with-hold displaying the particular feedback left by a buyer, until the seller completes theirs? This would keep feedback honest and therefore somewhat useful.

Ive only had two bad experiences in nearly 100 trades, and always sorted them so ive never lost money, but ebay was no help whatso ever.

Bring on Googlebay.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #62
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys I only pay via Paypal on Ebay - Of the many transactions I have done, 3 went bad and I got my money back on all 3 via Paypal in a matter of weeks. If they don't offer Paypal its not worth it IMO.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #63
351ciofgrunt
Go Hard or Go Home

He's Feedback is 99.2%

I like those odds! :
351ciofgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #64
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

thought I'd "ask a seller question" for shits and giggles

I had a go at him for all the incorrect spelling on his auction etc and his reply was this:
Momo Gear Knob
Schmick Pioneer Headunit w/ Dolphinvision :
4 Channel Kicker Amp to decent speakers;
Alpine Monoblock to Pioneer Subwoofer;
Tuned to perfect clarity-

Outside:

Pure Sexy Falcon w/18" BA XR8 Factory Option Mags
Clear Side Indicators

Coming soon:
Pedders lowered Sports Ryders all 'round
Extractors/Exhaust/Hi-Flo Cat
foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #65
hamo
since the beginning

Talking

i was bored at work, so i sent a few cryptic messages.

Got replies like

"we are not friends
and after you get me out of e-bay i will get your mother in business to make money for me !!!"

and

"you and your mates are welcome any time!!!!!"

funny guy :

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #66
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

hahahahaa he's a ****head
Momo Gear Knob
Schmick Pioneer Headunit w/ Dolphinvision :
4 Channel Kicker Amp to decent speakers;
Alpine Monoblock to Pioneer Subwoofer;
Tuned to perfect clarity-

Outside:

Pure Sexy Falcon w/18" BA XR8 Factory Option Mags
Clear Side Indicators

Coming soon:
Pedders lowered Sports Ryders all 'round
Extractors/Exhaust/Hi-Flo Cat
foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #67
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian 6T
Guys,

I have lost $400 to this guy. He has come up with so many excuses it not funny. There is nothing i can do.

The story go's.....
I thought I recognised the seller. UNLTD8. What a bastard! I won an auction of his for a power window master switch for the AU. Won the auction at $50. He emailed me to tell me that the switches were worth more than that and that he was going to adjust the postage amount on the item (increase it) so that it added up to $80.

I replied to him and in a very polite manner stated that he was not allowed to do that. That he is obliged to sell the item to me for the price that it ended at etc and so on.

His reply to me was along the lines of "I know where you live. If you want to cause trouble I know people that like to cause trouble" and alot more... Truth is, it scared me. And I'm not usually scared easily but he sounded like an absolute maniac - out of his mind!!

I ended up reporting his threats to eBay and they advised me to report this to the police. They said they work very closely with Vic Police and gave me an email address to report this to them. I reported it and then a few days later received an email from him again but this time he was polite. Saying that the amount due was $50 plus postage. eBay also contacted me to tell me that I am no longer under obligation to continue the transaction with the seller due to circumstances, so I didn't and never spoke to the seller again.

Now, I don't know what happen. Whether or not he was contacted by the police, I'm not sure. All I know is I'll never deal with him again. I ended up buying the switch off someone else and LOL I got it again for $49.95 but atleast with that seller, all was OK

I don't know what the guys issue was but I assume he was unhappy that I was the only bidder. He probably expected more bidders on it. People like that we don't need!

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 05:36 PM   #68
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I burnt @$55 to a "powerseller" for a sticker kit for my Yamaha, 299 feedback (@3negs) & the day after I paid, he becomes a NARU (not a registered user), lodged an "item not received" dispute with e-bay, ended up not pursuing it as they would only guarantee @$2.00 refund after costs, what a joke, it was going to cost me more than that to fax all the documentation to Sydney.
Something I have learned, when a seller responds with abuse to a neutral or negative feedback, (as in the case with UNLTD8), it immediately rings alarm bells.
Whilst I don't condone revenge (publicly), signing him up with websites like MSN, Webpro news, Gaymatchmaker etc etc should keep his inbox humming :evil3:
Old 04-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #69
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
Whilst I don't condone revenge (publicly), signing him up with websites like MSN, Webpro news, Gaymatchmaker etc etc should keep his inbox humming :evil3:
Nah, that's immature.

It's far more sensible to post his details on the web for all to see and not participate in his transactions ever again. Prevention is better than cure. Put your energy into helping others avoid this stinkeroo-stinkypoo rather than solving problems in a non-constructive manner.

Although I agree, Ebay are useless pieces of garbage. Perhaps they should not look at everything on a monetary level and actually realise that customer satisfaction also exists!
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #70
Adrian 6T
FPV BLOWN GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Nah, that's immature.

It's far more sensible to post his details on the web for all to see and not participate in his transactions ever again. Prevention is better than cure. Put your energy into helping others avoid this stinkeroo-stinkypoo rather than solving problems in a non-constructive manner.

Although I agree, Ebay are useless pieces of garbage. Perhaps they should not look at everything on a monetary level and actually realise that customer satisfaction also exists!
I 100% agree with the above. That is exactly what i wanted out of this forum. Thanks uranium_death (i dont want to know the background of that name).

Regards
Adrian

Dec 2011 FGII FPV GS SOLD
'08 BFII F6 Tornado 11.22 @ 125.3mph SOLD
Adrian 6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #71
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

Sorry to hear about ya loss of $400! I don't use eBay that much but when I do I make sure I read most of their feedback before bidding...It takes a while but is worth it as most of the time you don't get scammed! Most eBay sellers are genuine.

I think putting his details up here was the best thing to do as he sells alot of Ford stuff. Signing him up for spam is just a silly thing to do because if he finds out you did it he will sign you up for even more because he has your e-mail as well!

Just my 2 cents......
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #72
Adrian 6T
FPV BLOWN GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 260 Ute
Sorry to hear about ya loss of $400! I don't use eBay that much but when I do I make sure I read most of their feedback before bidding...It takes a while but is worth it as most of the time you don't get scammed! Most eBay sellers are genuine.

I think putting his details up here was the best thing to do as he sells alot of Ford stuff. Signing him up for spam is just a silly thing to do because if he finds out you did it he will sign you up for even more because he has your e-mail as well!

Just my 2 cents......
agreed

Dec 2011 FGII FPV GS SOLD
'08 BFII F6 Tornado 11.22 @ 125.3mph SOLD
Adrian 6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 07:21 PM   #73
Isobond
Starter Motor

Hi - Very interesting.
My view is that you should lodge a Small Claims Action through the Court. Should cost about $65.00 for docs - all fees and service of notices costs are charged to the other guy and in the end he will have to pay you plus all the Court and Process Server fees.

You will need his name and place of residence details - and be able to back up your claim.

You can do this from any State to any State - go to your local Magistrates or Small Claims Court for all the info about chasing up a debt interstate - AND DO IT!!!!!

Cheers.
Isobond is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #74
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I have purchased off this guy before and had no issues.

A radiator and a water pump

Even been to his house to pick up the radiator - its just off the Westgate Freeway.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #75
Sapper
Back to the AU

Thanks for the heads up guys.

If you really want to get him, send a message to bidders on his items with a link to this thread.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #76
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

EBay has really gone to crap over the last 6 months. One of the reasons why I do not shop there anymore. It seems to be an open invitation for people to rip others off...
I did get some great bargains, but now I don't even bother.

Cheers

Darran
Old 06-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #77
Nemesis737
Straight Six

I know of that guy... I dealt with him out of eBay, but having that said I agreed to the price he named, so that might have been a contributing factor.

He was a pain to talk to... has one of the biggest accents I've heard in a while, german I think....

But anyway, I bought a sec of replacement XG XR6 indicators off him, cost me a very pretty penny but hey I couldn't find anyone else with them. I think if you wanna trade with him be prepared to pay what he asks for something... The item was very well packed, postage was only $3 more than the actual cost, and only took two or three days to get here from Vic.
Nemesis737 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #78
TZENU
XY Driv3r

I have made myself a limit of the $$$ i can spend on ebay if the sellers are interstate!. But if in vic then i have no limit, as i just simply ask whether pickup is available.... If it is, then done deal if it isn't then forget it!!!

But this problem of sellers not sending the goods is getting way out of hand!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #79
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I know it's a bit of an old thread, but just so you know I got money out of him for a TB he bought off me a few weeks ago, so he's got access to his bank account alright.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #80
Mickus
Banned

Ive often looked at this guys auctions, and yes read that massive thing he has about his feedback. Ive never bought anything off him as his postage is often WAY to high for items that are tiny like badges and all that.
Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #81
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

UH OH!! I bought a steering wheel of him, im waiting for it as we speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #82
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I looked at one of his items, the description has a few lines about the item and about 50 for terms and conditions etc!
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #83
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Read through the feedback, wasn't that bad. I have seen much worse. 9 negatives out of 1200 or so ain't that bad.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #84
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just sent him an email, saying that I have heard of him through a ford club and im a little worried that I will not get my item that I won off him.

This was his reply....

"Good day sir but I dont give a sh#t about your ford club or any other fu@#ing idiots club on Ebay as there is a lot of them, be assured no one has paid for an item and has not recieved it and my 9 negatives are from 6 crook sellers and three idiot buyers that they havent paid but are allowed via Ebay to post you a negative giving other reasons to cover themselves. If Ebay recieves a complaint about no item recieved will 100% investigate and close the site down.
Thanks for your time anyway."

Hmmmmm.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #85
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is there any way to block a seller or add a note about them not to trade with them?
Going on his response I wouldn't deal with him. I think some don't think - when one person is not satisfied then word spreads. It's called customer relations.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #86
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I've bought one thing off him (was only $40), and got it within a week. You just have to be wary on ebay fullstop - not just one seller.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #87
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian 6T
Guys,

I have lost $400 to this guy. He has come up with so many excuses it not funny. There is nothing i can do.

The story go's.....

I wanted to purchase two new EL fairmont headlights and was all good until he contacted me to say that he will give it to me cheaper. I was very new at ebay so i did not know you could deduct a discount once you buy item. Any he ended up sending it but called me to tell me that it was the wrong lights and asked if i could send it back. I called to post office and they did.

Then nothing. I called and he said that his assistant was sorting it out. The best one he gave me is when he said he didnt have any left so he was going to refund me. A week after he says that he got his briefcase stolen with all his cards and everything in it and is wait for his bank to give him new accounts.

Ive attached his info below:

Ebay name: UNITD8

Name: Kerry

Email: evassili@bigpond.net.au

He sells alot of Ford stuff.

Do a search on ebay under discription for evassili and you should read all his crap about why he has all those negative feedbacks.

IF HE CAN SCAM YOU HE WILL. Its your choice.
Did you complete the transaction through ebay? If so, you can report the item not received, and ebay will chase him for a refund. If you paid by paypal, it's even easier!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 01:43 AM   #88
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This guy did not accept Pay Pal when I bought the steering wheel.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #89
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamo
i was bored at work, so i sent a few cryptic messages.

Got replies like

"we are not friends
and after you get me out of e-bay i will get your mother in business to make money for me !!!"

and

"you and your mates are welcome any time!!!!!"

funny guy :
Sounds like he is a relative of Borat. Notice how most of his sold items become "private" after sale, probably so you can't look up what stolen stuff he has sold.
E Bay suck. I got a negative feedback that was "meant for someone else". They wouldnt remove is because it has to be mutually agreed on by both parties. The other guy put a note that it was meant for someone else but then took himself off E Bay and could not be contacted. I kept getting this crap about "E Bay policy doesnt allow this or that" so I asked to be put in contact with a supervisor and was re-spun the "E Bay policy crap". No supervisor, nothing, just fobbed off, So I have one negative feedback out of 160 odd.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #90
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

his feedback is very good ,
and he is spot on about the retalitory negs you get on ebay,the only way you can get a bad one removed is by paying $30 (bribe) to ebay,how thats legal ive no idea,
also to make a claim is near impossable from ebay,they take a week for each step then when thats over you get email asking for repair or replacement quote from an officaly reconised retailer or in case of cars from a panel beater or car yard,and only have 7 days to do it. all this for only a max refund of only $400 then take away ebauys $30 bribe on top of this also so you might get $370
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post