Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #61
ltd
Force Fed Fords

nup, its not. This guy was boasting about his vy ss, not vz ss.
And from what I've read, the xr6t is much faster on the street; which coincidentally is where this fella is boasting about.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #62
all4ford
XW 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
I dont even think Holden make Super 6s now, not sure on that one.
Nah cos the ecotec is gone, but in all seriousness, how weak was that? A huge and powerful 170kw or something like that. : I'm not bashing but (in my best APU voice) "what were they thinking?!"
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #63
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
I do see in a few years time that it will run 12 seconds stock but I would seriously like a Supercharged version of the 4 Litre, maybe that way it would convince me into buying one.

Not saying I would never consider buying a XR6T but a XR6S would appeal to me much more.
Buy a NA XR6 and bolt your own supercharger then. Actually, for a good sleeper, buy a BAII XT and bolt one on....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #64
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Take your time.. you got all week!
LOL Thanks for the holden holiday from gmhdriver. I doubt a one week non parole period is going to rehabilitate a serial 'team red bogan' pest somehow.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #65
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Buy a NA XR6 and bolt your own supercharger then. Actually, for a good sleeper, buy a BAII XT and bolt one on....
Do the BAII XTs come as a wagon?

That would be a even bigger sleeper.Throw a baby seat in the back and the pram and stuff behind the seat and have a baby on board sticker lol that would be a real good sleeper.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #66
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Do the BAII XTs come as a wagon?
Yep, I'm pretty sure that they do.

As for the link, there's really a few guys who posted in there who are genuine enthusiasts. Not one eyed at all...
Old 10-02-2006, 01:07 PM   #67
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

The tide will really start to turn our way when Ford customer service starts to act like it should!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #68
danv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4ford
Nah cos the ecotec is gone, but in all seriousness, how weak was that? A huge and powerful 170kw or something like that. : I'm not bashing but (in my best APU voice) "what were they thinking?!"

The S/C V6 was actually more powerful than they actually printed on paper.
They kept the figures to a conservative level so it won't effect the sales of the V8's.
The XU6 was rated at 180kw but it was more close to 190ish kw.
danv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #69
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danv8
The S/C V6 was actually more powerful than they actually printed on paper.
They kept the figures to a conservative level so it won't effect the sales of the V8's.
The XU6 was rated at 180kw but it was more close to 190ish kw.
And yet both got hammered every time by 'less powerful' Falcons that weighed more... go figure.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #70
danv8

Quote:
And yet both got hammered every time by 'less powerful' Falcons that weighed more... go figure.
True in a way although stick a different pully on the s/c and a free flowing zorst system can easily liven up the 3800 s/c I know my edited V8 Calais was flogged by a mates V6 supercharged Calais.

Bugger he is.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #71
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danv8
True in a way although stick a different pully on the s/c and a free flowing zorst system can easily liven up the 3800 s/c I know my edited V8 Calais was flogged by a mates V6 supercharged Calais.

Bugger he is.
I dont doubt that as the pully would up the boost and the exhaust would allow it to make best use of it. This is, of course, the path down a modified route. In which case give the Falcon a similar exhaust and a more aggressive cam to match the pully change and you will probably find similar results.
Its not till you start getting very serious with the S/C V6 mods that you can start to see massive gains.. and for thatsame money you can almost go the same power route NA in a falcon up to about 170rwkw. After that the cost is getting up there for bot and a simple turbo conversion at the start on the stock Falcon engine would see it once again in a similar dollar (probably cost the Falcon $2K more in the end) range and probably more power at the high end of mods.

I personally think the S/C V6 was the best Holden 6 ever, it certainly had more oomph than even the SV6 (what a disappointment) and, sound wise, the S/C V6 was VERY nice to listen to.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #72
danv8

Quote:
I dont doubt that as the pully would up the boost and the exhaust would allow it to make best use of it. This is, of course, the path down a modified route. In which case give the Falcon a similar exhaust and a more aggressive cam to match the pully change and you will probably find similar results.
Its not till you start getting very serious with the S/C V6 mods that you can start to see massive gains.. and for thatsame money you can almost go the same power route NA in a falcon up to about 170rwkw. After that the cost is getting up there for bot and a simple turbo conversion at the start on the stock Falcon engine would see it once again in a similar dollar (probably cost the Falcon $2K more in the end) range and probably more power at the high end of mods.

I personally think the S/C V6 was the best Holden 6 ever, it certainly had more oomph than even the SV6 (what a disappointment) and, sound wise, the S/C V6 was VERY nice to listen to.
Yeah the s/c whine does make a nice finishing touch to it.
I think also that the Falcon was available in manual form as well and I have driven a few EF-EL's standard 6's and XR6's in manual form and they perform extreamly well. Ford has a great recipe now with the XR6T and FPV Phoon. Its easily the one of the best engines Australia has put out on the market for cost wise and great potential. And we are a lucky country to have hi performance cars at a good price and we enjoy them highly.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #73
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

It think we are the only country in the world with affordable "performance 6's" (XR and SV). BMW and Merc have them but they are not in the same DNA of the XR6's and SV6's. To actually have full sized 6's now that can match and, in the 6T's case, beat a lot of V8's not that old is a hell of a great place to be as a consumer.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #74
YELLAUTE
old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
The tide will really start to turn our way when Ford customer service starts to act like it should!
I second that!

"Old fartism" like "young d!ckheadism" is an attitude and lifestyle choice......

PX Ranger XLT 3.2 6sp Auto Super Cab
2012 Focus Mk2 Sport Manual
YELLAUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #75
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Don't forget that BMW and merc require you to mortgage your house just to test drive one, as they are so expensive when compared to the fords and holdens. I have read in the New York Times an article on how Australian cars are the bomb and are much more inspirational than american cars. They also talk about our extraordinary thirst for power, like the boss 290 compared to the mustang's 230kw or some similar number. Love it.

Quote: