Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #61
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: HULK FRIDAY: you dont see any falcodores inner city? (other than cabs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu
Can you provide some factual reference to this statement of yours other than driving around like blind Freddy.
oh noes

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1227139630407

In Elizabeth North, one in every seven cars sports the lion badge.

lols @ unley poonce and his prius
3 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #62
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default Re: HULK FRIDAY: you dont see any falcodores inner city? (other than cabs)

Why does that Unley retiree remind me of this?

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 30-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #63
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodes View Post
Adelaide northern 'burbs = falcodore haven, mainly Commos with cut springs & Chev badges though.
I know the type, their progeny are often called, Jaxxon, Jettt or Krystal Meth.
If you have need to visit Elizabeth City Center (the cenna) just look down and avoid making eye contact.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 30-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #64
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
I know the type, their progeny are often called, Jaxxon, Jettt or Krystal Meth.
If you have need to visit Elizabeth City Center (the cenna) just look down and avoid making eye contact.
Your post needs more Tap Out shirt tardness

I never avoid eye contact with them, stare me down clown and i will pop that zit farm / yo meth sore pores / scratching imaginary bugs in to next week
Old 30-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #65
XRGREIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
Seen a mad XC coupe today, painted orange with blackouts like a cobra. What was the thread topic.......?
That was me mate. Noticed your car too. Nice colour. Different.
It`s an XB by the way. Has a xc front bumper.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #66
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRGREIGHT View Post
Cool as mate. Had me fooled with the bumper. Nice looking rig. I was jealous.
Old 30-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #67
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRGREIGHT View Post
pics not loading???
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #68
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post

lols @ unley poonce and his prius
What a beautiful map. I wish we could have this Prius version for every city. Then we could choose where not to live
Old 30-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #69
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;**
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red153\green1 53\blue153;\red255\green255\blue255;**
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl360\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
Old 30-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #70
XRGREIGHT

Thanks Dejavu, Can`t get onto my photobucket account anymore. I`ll pm you my mobile and show you up close one weekend. Give you a drive. Everyone should get to drive these old girls.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #71
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I came home from Hospital in my Dad's Black XB hardtop. Never got to drive it though!
Old 30-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #72
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
In Elizabeth North, one in every seven cars sports the lion badge.
That was scary... I first read that as "one in every seven sports cars has the lion badge"
Old 30-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #73
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was in Sydney CBD yesterday and was very surprised when I saw 3 Falcon taxis in a row. That's a rare sight for me now. Falcon Taxis now seam to be the minority in Newcastle

I passed a taxi rank in Newcastle the other day that had 4 Prius's and 2 Camry Hyrbids. Not a Falcon in sight and that is becoming regular observation of mine.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #74
gumbi_18

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Quite a high proportion of "sport" utes too - those nice looking XR6/T, GS, pursuit, SS & Maloo models that never see more than golf clubs as a load in the tray.
I "may" be guilty of this... The biggest load my ute sees is if I'm helping a mate move or the cricket kit is in the back. I've always loved my utes, even after moving to the snob capital Mosman. There is nothing quite like blowing the doors off a C63 in a humble turbo ute.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #75
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbi_18 View Post
There is nothing quite like blowing the doors off a C63 in a humble turbo ute.
As long as it's in the middle of the city, echoing off all the hi-rise, and I'm within earshot!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:55 AM   #76
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There is nothing quite like blowing the doors off a C63 in a humble turbo ute.
The C63 owner probably doesn't even know you exist.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:04 AM   #77
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I called for a taxi the other night for four people. A Prius taxi showed up

We gave the mates Mrs the front seat, she's not a tiny girl.

Me and the two mates squeezed into the back. I and Brad are 5'7" @ 100kg, and Dane is 6'7" @ 130kg.

**** me swinging, what an uncomfortable ride. I was surprised the Prius pulled the tonnage!

Give me a Falcodore taxi anyday.

Most of the taxi's I catch in Brisbane are Prius, Camry hybrids or VW - stuff all Falcons and even less Commodores. The "Silver Service" taxi's are always upmarket Falcons or Commodores, but you pay more if you specifically order one. Occasionally you'll get lucky and one will turn up at your front door. Maxi taxi's suck big time.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
5 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #78
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;**
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red153\green1 53\blue153;\red255\green255\blue255;**
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl360\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 image\
I like old school cars with white block letter tyres, looks tough as.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #79
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

**** yeah Damo
with ya on that

please move thread to coupe section :P
Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #80
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
I've always loved my utes, even after moving to the snob capital Mosman. There is nothing quite like blowing the doors off a C63 in a humble turbo ute.
trust me I regularly go cruising in a c63 and driven it many times.. they arent slow.. unless its a highly modded xr6t you wont be blowing any doors off a c63.. they (c63) just bite n bolt for a low 12...bog stock.

in any event the c63 driver dont know the xr6t exists (or cares)
Old 02-12-2014, 11:20 PM   #81
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your post is a contradiction. C63 owners don't notice or care yet here we have our very own local c63 driver telling us all about noticing and caring...
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
3 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #82
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
People that know me have seen these cars.. Anyhow I'm lucky enough that I get to drive them. I always found it odd to buy two exact same cars the exact same colour..
I know it's weird right ?

5 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #83
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
trust me I regularly go cruising in a c63 and driven it many times.. they arent slow.. unless its a highly modded xr6t you wont be blowing any doors off a c63.. they (c63) just bite n bolt for a low 12...bog stock.

So why are you still here ??
Old 02-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #84
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Yeah, when I was driving a Merc I didn't care about any other cars either.

Except the Merc I was driving weighed 3500kg, had sirens and red and blue flashing lights on it and I was taking it for quality control check because half the guys I worked with were mongs.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #85
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace View Post
So why are you still here ??
I actually own a xr6t, I don't own a c63, I just have access to one and enjoy what they have to offer.

When cruising my mate chuckles when a ford or Holden try's to race him. (It seems like they try something everytime). They think they are packing some heat and try engage in a stoush.. My mate just chuckles and says his car is worth 5-10 times their car. It's embarrassing to try and race a cheap car, like a prized fighter taking on a drunken pub brawler in the back alley. The prized fighter just won't engage. Just like The c63...it does everything gracefully...

But in the inner city you don't see such falcodores... It just seems like it's out west
Old 03-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #86
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
I actually own a xr6t, I don't own a c63, I just have access to one and enjoy what they have to offer.

When cruising my mate chuckles when a ford or Holden try's to race him. (It seems like they try something everytime). They think they are packing some heat and try engage in a stoush.. My mate just chuckles and says his car is worth 5-10 times their car. It's embarrassing to try and race a cheap car, like a prized fighter taking on a drunken pub brawler in the back alley. The prized fighter just won't engage. Just like The c63...it does everything gracefully...

But in the inner city you don't see such falcodores... It just seems like it's out west
More like he’s to embarrassed to be shown up from a car that not only cost’s 5 times less to purchase, but 10 times less to maintain.

How’s the deprecation on a C63 these day’s...
3 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #87
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And atleast in a Falcon you arnt at high risk of being car jacked...
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #88
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's embarrassing to try and race a cheap car, like a prized fighter taking on a drunken pub brawler in the back alley.
Or its embarrassing being beaten by a cheap car.
Plenty of 'cheap' 'cheaper' 'poor persons' cars will eat the Mercedes for lunch, dinner and come back for more for breakfast he following day.

I know a few 1990's suzukis that would out perform it on the track!

JP
Old 03-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #89
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:

Are you just hitting Puberty ? Surely there's are kiddies forum you could head to.......
Old 03-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #90
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:

The fishing is still good on AFF.
Seems a Troll just needs some topic baited with judgmental insecurity masquerading as a legitimate question and he catches all he can eat.
Closed Thread