Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #61
cosworthfreak

Default Re: Ford stops GT Falcon sales over engine problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Not sure if you've owned a Euro but I had the displeasure of owning an Audi TT and a Peugeot 206cc. Bought them for my sister but I maintained them. You have no idea what being treated like a cash machine is until you own one of them.
Absolutely! I still own a 206Gti, and have been maintaining it myself for years for the same reason. It's cost me a fraction of what it would cost to service/maintain through the local dealer, and I've had less problems (any time I'd let them near it, a new problem would appear on top of the old one).

A classic example are the lower control arms which regularly chewed out the bearing - $1000 a pair from the dealer + labour! Then there was the problem with the blinker stalks on the post 2000 models which came as a unit costing over $1200 + labour. The best thing about that is that the replacements were just as likely to fail in the short term. Beautiful!!
This user likes this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #62
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
And that's wrong. All the hypervigilant GT-F owners started unfairly spazzing out at the OP for merely posting what he did.. an article referencing a fault in all their new cars.. this seemed to offend them personally for some insecure reason, with the entire facebook brigade and distressed posts before I even entered the discussion. We can therefore conclude that I am definitely not the only one here worked up.
Dont think anyone had an issue with the OP. If anything, its at Dowling and a comment made by someone about Ford's response to the issue (without calling out people), which they made with no information on how it was being managed and was far from the Truth. That knee-jerk response is what people took exception towards.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #63
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If my boss was such a **** I'd try and take him for a lifetime of workcover!!!

I'd like to see the pathetic armchair boss not a make a single human error in his lifetime.
peoples attitude like yours is the reason there is little or no manufacturing in australia

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

6 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #64
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Guys, the word is "drivel", NOT "dribble". And that is what the article is.

drivel: childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle.

Hopefully there will be one use for this otherwise useless thread, and that is improve ones vocabulary.

GTF owners have been notified from the start of this month about having an inspection carried out. They know about it. I'm not a GTF owner, but have also known about it as I've been following certain threads in AFF which have clearly explained the issue.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #65
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

It's a huge issue and I feel for the owners!

PS: if any GT-F owner wants to get rid of, what must be a lemon of a car, give me a call......please. ;)

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that most of JD's articles no long allow comments?

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
5 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #66
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82XD393.3v View Post
peoples attitude like yours is the reason there is little or no manufacturing in australia
I was going to reply to his comment, but thought , it wasn't worth it
Old 17-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #67
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
It's a huge issue and I feel for the owners!

PS: if any GT-F owner wants to get rid of, what must be a lemon of a car, give me a call......please. ;)

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that most of JD's articles no long allow comments?
He doesn't like looking like the moron he is.
Old 17-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #68
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
Guys, the word is "drivel", NOT "dribble". And that is what the article is.

drivel: childish, silly, or meaningless talk or thinking; nonsense; twaddle.

Hopefully there will be one use for this otherwise useless thread, and that is improve ones vocabulary.

GTF owners have been notified from the start of this month about having an inspection carried out. They know about it. I'm not a GTF owner, but have also known about it as I've been following certain threads in AFF which have clearly explained the issue.
On the vocab issue,i would have thought "and that is to improve one's vocabulary" seems correct?
Or"and that is improve on one's vocabulary"
Theres either punction missing or to me it just doesnt sound right?
Old 17-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #69
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
I was going to reply to his comment, but thought , it wasn't worth it
i couldn't resist sorry to mods please no more warnings but gee this gets up my goat workers that don't give a rats *** take some pride think about your children's future

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

Old 17-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #70
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
On the vocab issue,i would have thought
I would have thought WGAF?

/thread.
Old 17-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #71
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
I would have thought WGAF?

/thread.
Valued contributor...
Old 17-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #72
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

They say jealousy's a curse and this thread is a great example of where the saying comes from.
Old 17-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #73
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
Fault Holden all you like, if this was a GTS problem, that's how it would be dealt with and the majority of customers would be happy they did.
Oh really?
I know of a few VF clubsport/GTS problem's that haven't been dealt with a recall and have been kept on the down low. At least one of them more serious than this.
Old 17-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #74
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Now that buswell has retired maybe some of the brown nosed chairsniffers from aff can fight it out for his old spot.
Old 17-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #75
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have Had my Gtf first 3000km service inspection, no engine problems or issues. Number 003, so if this was such an issue ishould have gad a problem.but Nothing wrong from my end, but grommet sorted by ford just in case, without asking about it, just informed me at pick up, such a non issue!

Illuvitar, you've got serious issue generalising what GTF owners think and say. We are 550 different people, you pick up on one persons comment and project that onto every gtf owner,and publicly over and over. Saying Zionist was a classic, and says more about you than the other dozen posts of anti ford, anti GTF carryon you wrote
Old 17-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #76
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by responsef6 View Post
Saying Zionist was a classic, and says more about you than the other dozen posts of anti ford, anti GTF carryon you wrote
Agreed. Never thought I'd be called a Zionist for owning a GT Falcon!
Old 17-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #77
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by responsef6 View Post
Saying Zionist was a classic, and says more about you than the other dozen posts of anti ford, anti GTF carryon you wrote
Agree, I actually had to google his use of the word, still can't decide if it was in context or not....

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Old 17-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #78
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
If you read back you'll find it actually started as gt-f owners becoming more vile post after post. To the point it became a hard right slag fest but I only took exception of how one poster referred to the people who were building his car as inept commodities. Quite an entitled hollywood ari gold zionist mentality if you ask me if I apologize for saying so myself ;)
I cant see that level of insult in this thread. And if anyone slags off someone, with a sense of entitlement or looking down on another because of their profession, they are idiots.

However, it does not warrant you calling GTF owners Zionists as a whole and I find such blanket statements quite appalling to say the least.

Last edited by kypez; 17-09-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 17-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #79
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
And that's wrong. All the hypervigilant GT-F owners started unfairly spazzing out at the OP for merely posting what he did.. an article referencing a fault in all their new cars.. this seemed to offend them personally for some insecure reason, with the entire facebook brigade and distressed posts before I even entered the discussion. We can therefore conclude that I am definitely not the only one here worked up.

Seeing some people worked up over such meaningless trivial new toy crap is funny, but attacking people for merely posting an article you don't like the news of is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Discussing the fault in a car you all bought is not considered taboo... but sledging public servants who start threads about their job insecurity while they're down would be a good example of taboo. Obviously this reminds me of things/CharlieWool and this time it's the other way round and worst of all it's over something as trivial as a new car!!!

Which seems a bit audacious for them to regard as taboo given their behavior towards actual taboo.

I'm not sure if you're aware but on this forum some exact members have displayed their opinions on taboo subjects with no regards to the victim and directly to their face, insulting/disapproving of their situations directly/personally. But we simply post an indirect negative article that regards their new toy and a ****storm eventuates. Boy these people are precious and need to get real.
Hey... Keep me outta this one pizza boy!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 17-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #80
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Well sorry I apologize for that and that was definitely not my intention to generalize all GT-F owners as not every person is alike it would be a ridiculous generalization to make! However there seems to be a group of private school boys and I'm directing my "generalizations" to posts #9, #18, #19 (notable attitude), #20 (but insult is very minor) with honourable sincere mentions going to #17 and #23
Again, it wasnt directed at anyone other than post #3. He came out guns blazing and people didnt like that. If anything, I'm sticking up for the guys who work tirelessly for Ford that get painted with the same brush by people.

No point having a chip on ones shoulder (not saying you do but others seem to). So the question was raised that why are people slagging Ford off about the issue without actually asking the GTF owners if they feel that they have been hard done by the experience or if Ford actually did the right thing by them. Its not a sense of entitlement, its more that the owners of the cars have been taken care of by Ford and credit should be given to Ford.

The non owners are kicking up a stink while the actual owners have been very impressed by the service. Sure we dont like faults with our cars, but we arent naive enough to think its faultless. My comment was more to point out that the owners have been treated well. If you read anything to suggest a level of entitlement, my apologies as that was not mine or others context. Heck, my FB page cover picture is the one with all the staff of FPV so I never forget the hard work of the people who made my dream come true.

Its like me slagging off something I know nothing about. Until I'm the owner of the service (in this case, the GTF), I wont know the full story!

Next time, people should ask first, and shoot later!

Also, bare in mind that there are 3 threads over the same issue that really is a non issue and it gets a little boring to hear people bag out your car and indirectly the hard working people who made it a reality. I wouldnt bag out anyone elses car or profession. I'd appreciate the same level of respect.

Last edited by kypez; 17-09-2014 at 04:51 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #81
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
is enough to send any young "leftist" into a spastic fit
butthurt pinko rant
what does this have to do with the topic again .. some of the stupidest commenst Ive ever seen on FF .
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 17-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #82
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Can we add a pole about closing this thread
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 17-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #83
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Now that buswell has retired maybe some of the brown nosed chairsniffers from aff can fight it out for his old spot.
I'll give it a crack
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #84
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

That's be a "poll"?
The "pole" can be inserted up........ (Oh forget it, too insulting)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
6 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #85
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
That's be a "poll"?
The "pole" can be inserted up........ (Oh forget it, too insulting)
Oops, typo, maybe it could go up Dowling LOL

I never learn to not post after drinking
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #86
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Well sorry I apologize for that and that was definitely not my intention to generalize all GT-F owners as not every person is alike it would be a ridiculous generalization to make! However there seems to be a group of private school boys and I'm directing my "generalizations" to posts #9, #18, #19 (notable attitude), #20 (but his insult is very minor) with honourable sincere mentions going to #17 and #23

Post of the year goes to poster #11 who's attitude is enough to send any young "leftist" into a spastic fit And would be enough to make someone believe unemployment is a good thing
May I suggest to you that if you have a problem with me directly mate, be man enough to just come out and say it, don’t beat around the bush with it, because I will tell you know I sure as hell won’t, so don’t go there, I’m telling you now...

Now as for my comment that was directed at another not you that you thought you would take offence at... I clearly stated that if he was man enough to write and make such statement’s that are totally out of whack and untrue, then let’s see if he would be man enough to admit his mistakes and own up to his wrong doing.

So many wrongs in his post that other’s before me had pointed out to him.

You really need to harden up princess, if you take offence to any of those comments that you so clearly pointed out.
Old 17-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #87
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

The focus is on the wrong issue! The Recall is not an issue. The grommet on the GT-F is not an issue (being/been sorted very well). FoA is not the issue (great job by the way) and owners are not the issue.

JD's sensationalist "journalism" is the issue and he doesn't need help from Ford supporters!

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
4 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #88
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Hold up we really enjoy putting crap on Joshua Dowling or what ever his name is because of his "sensastionalist" type media, and he loves putting the boot into Ford at any given opportunity.

But isn't that what ALL media does? They're all full of crap, sensationalising stuff to sell papers/magazines/make you read their sites to see their advertisors etc.

If this was about another GM recall everyone here would be laughing and pointing the finger, but because its about Ford everyone gets their back up and is calling for Josh to hang from the trees.

ALL jounalists are full of crap, trying to make you believe their organisation's bias BS so you swallow it hook, line and sucker. Or "buy my product"/pushing some sort of agenda.

If you think Josh is bad watch the "Morning Show" on Channel 9.

Used car salesmen, accountants, mechanics, lawyers, politicians, human resources managers and journalists belong in the same class.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 17-09-2014 at 05:24 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #89
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
No my friend that would be privatization of assets offshore and buying/collecting unnecessary consumables like fancy GT and phones. Just look at where manufacturing has gone from giving the rich empowerment over the working class and deregulating the market. In one word Offshore.

Why do you think working overseas is now considered the new standard in this country

What we need to do is float the dollar and promote local production. We're sitting on some of the richest land in the world and we're selling it short unrefined all because the rich will never ever ever promote such a move.
This rubbish belongs on ABC's twitter page, we're talking about the GT-F here.
You sound like Paul Keating undercover.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
Old 17-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #90
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-351 View Post
You sound like Paul Keating undercover.
I'm related to Ricky Muir too according to some people here .
Closed Thread