Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2014, 11:52 PM   #61
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Hulk Friday! Future desirable falcons..I6t/Miami V8 only?

Talking plastic bumper end cars only. Early chrome bumper end cars will always be worth more.

Boosted cars will be worth more because they're the better version. Turbo vs NA.

But all the "Numbered" cars. Tickford & FPV that started out in lower volumes will be the ones that hold there value the best. t series. GS. GT GTP GTE. F6 F6E

The limited versions with 40th anniversary. Cobra R spec etc. Worth more again. I love BF Cobras.

Top of the tree (for modern cars) will be GTF. Last, Fast and Instantly recognisable.
Old 22-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #62
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

To be honest if a BF GT got dirt cheap I would buy one and drop a GT335 motor in it, (should be a free wrecks by then). Best looks and best motor.

At 10 years most people will come back to this thread and laugh.
Old 22-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #63
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
This thread will obviously contain two types of people. Those that genuinely try and step back from what they own and preconceived notions and fire up the mental crystal ball. Otherwise we have those that made up their mind before they even read it and/or are canted in their thinking by what they may own. Hulk it'd be nice and more conversation inspiring if you didn't start these threads as hypotheticals and then spend the balance taking a prove me wrong stance and attempt driving them to the conclusion you wanted.
Fair point.. But this is somewhat speculation..

It's just my opinion that the factory forced induction cars will prevail as the most desirable, especially long term.
Old 22-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #64
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
I'll tell you what your not banking on...

The Miami boss 335 absolutely embarrasses the boss5.4. Buyers of the premium GT (boss335/351) will not settle on the mediocre boss 5.4 (relatively speaking to the Miami).. Like looking at a Atari 2600 machine next to a xbox1

But the i6 turbo has been dominant since BA, moreso in BF and then the fg has continued with the proven formula.. Essentially these models are substitutes for one another... All credible performance alternatives, xr6t, g6et or f6 are relatively very very similar, none are embarrassed.. Not like the 5.4 boss next to the Miami.

In years to come this will come to the fore...

In 10 years or so let's find out the hard way
Well that's kinda like saying that no one will look at a stock XBGT that does 15 second quarters because Hulky has his XR6T for sale . That's a much better alternative to the 335, so the XR6T must be worth more than the XBGT.....

Hulk , give it a rest and allow yourself some mental fortitude and energy for next Fridays thread.

Peace out.....
2 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #65
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Limited build numbers of higher specification cars will always retain better resale than a standard run of the mill performance car. Sure, a factory forced induction model of a particular vehicle will fetch more money than an NA of the same model...but only if you're comparing apples to apples. FPV was always marketed as a premium product and FPV ownership comes with a few little bonuses that make owning one that little bit more special than a generic Ford.

You're attached to your XR6T and that's great...I was attached to my XR6T too...but since owning an FPV it's a different kettle of fish. Most people, money aside, would pick an FPV over a standard falcon given the choice. There may not be a huge amount of difference in the grand scheme of things, but it's all the little differences that add up to make the FPV experience that little bit more special and enjoyable.

I agree that the Miami variants will end up fetching more money than the 5.4 versions of the same model, but a BF XR6T will always be worth less than a BF GT. Sure, the XR6T may have more potential or be slightly faster in factory guise...but it'll never be a GT. There's something special about a GT that transcends numbers on a spec sheet. People buy a GT out of passion for Ford, the GT badge and what it represents. People mostly buy XR6T's due to them being good bang for buck. Different kinds of customers and it's generally the former who have more free cash to outlay on something they feel is a little more special.

Last edited by AU1XLS; 23-08-2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Try posting without the insults
2 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #66
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post

Hulk , give it a rest and allow yourself some mental fortitude and energy for next Fridays thread.

Peace out.....
See you next Friday
This user likes this post:
Old 23-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #67
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Closed
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread