Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #61
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford will close early (Herald Sun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borough View Post
I have pretty much turned off these media reports now. Ford have made their decision and will shutdown the Broadmeadows and Geelong manufacturing plants between now and 10/2016. Soon after the announcement I decided I wanted to get one of the last Falcons before production ended. Now looking at the FG MK3 and how underwhelming it will be, basically an FG with the front and rear end of a Fusion, which in IMHO looks like crap, I will be keeping my money. Instead I have started to look back at all the great Falcons made over the years and have purchased an AU ute so I am able to experience something different to my FG.
It will be the best looking Ford using the current design theme, imho and based on talking to guys involved directly who have, without fail, been honest in their thoughts to me on what they have done from late AU onwards.

Ford's president openly stated the last Falcon would not have the same level of new additions that went into the VF so we have known that for a long time know and lets remember Ford has spent half Holden's claimed budget on VF. As to how it compares to the current FGII, your thoughts on its styling etc.., and how it meets your plans in deciding whether it's worth buying then wouldn't it be just a case of waiting to see it in the flesh in your nearest dealer once it's out. Personal thoughts of a cars styling can only be determined when you're standing a couple of feet in front of the real deal and on comparing features by reading the actual final on-sale spec sheet. I don't understand how you can say your decision to not buy has been based on sneak peak shots, cgi's etc..... You cannot really decide on anything about the next Falcon until you have it on sale and can see it, touch it and smell it....oh and drive it.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 28-04-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 28-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #62
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

They aren't helping the problem with how they are treating Falcon or Territory... They don't advertise them, they don't promote them, they haven't done a limited edition since 2012 (except FPV ofcourse), they don't stock them, dealers don't stock them, there's just no interest from them to sell them.

Sure they are shutting up shop in 2 years time but they still have to sell cars in the meantime, not only for their sake, but dealers too until the gaps are filled by overseas imports.

I can't wait to see what sort of promotion they do with the new Falcon at the end of the year to push sales. My bet is they will do as little as possible to facilitate an early shut down.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #63
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
They aren't helping the problem with how they are treating Falcon or Territory... They don't advertise them, they don't promote them, they haven't done a limited edition since 2012 (except FPV ofcourse), they don't stock them, dealers don't stock them, there's just no interest from them to sell them.

Sure they are shutting up shop in 2 years time but they still have to sell cars in the meantime, not only for their sake, but dealers too until the gaps are filled by overseas imports.

I can't wait to see what sort of promotion they do with the new Falcon at the end of the year to push sales. My bet is they will do as little as possible to facilitate an early shut down.
Dash, some valid points there but the reality is, the money they would need to spend in marketing to put the Falcon back on peoples shopping is just not viable. They have priced the Falcon at record low atm. That is all they can really do. Its a sad state of affairs but there isn't much that can be done now. Ford can't change the markets view on large passenger sedans. The Territory albeit a great SUV, is now dated in its looks and technology's which cars such as grand Cherokee have stolen sales from. Ford have been advertising territory over the last few months with a pretty good TVC. That has done nothing to improve territories numbers. matter of fact territories numbers are declining. Tough time ahead but she'll be good a little while after falcon and territory goes to god.
Old 28-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #64
chookaradley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post

To them it's flogging a dead horse. To build more of them means they have them sitting around in holding yards rusting. To promote them means spending money they won't get a return on
Old 28-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #65
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Believe half of what ya hear and none of what ya read
Old 28-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #66
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
They have been honest. They have repeatedly advised us it is their intention to operate to 2016. It will depend on sales performance though. They have said this time and time again. Just a shame the media and the masses keep probing into a statement that means what it is. No one can tell what the numbers will be in 2015. So let them just run their course and time will tell. to me, it just sounds like someone is dying and we all want to know what date the funeral is!
In fact Ford's honesty is very evident when compared to their most direct competitor in Australia.

Holden promise the world and the press eats it up, and then offer very little negative comment when the promises get broken.

Ford tells it like it is, the press bags them. And when what they say or imply come to fruition .. the press bags them.

CONCLUSION: Ford should lie like Holden does
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #67
Bossxr8
Peter Car

But if all you say is at your detriment, if you had half a brain you wouldn't say it at all. That's what PR is supposed to do, make the company look good, not tell it like it is and make it look bad.
Old 28-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #68
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have said all along that they just might pull the pin earlier and it is all dependant on how sales are going.......If no ones buying any present stock why bother making a new one ?

Last edited by GASWAGON; 28-04-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 28-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #69
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Only time will tell
Closed
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread