Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #61
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Hoteliers move to ban tattoo'd patrons

I have been ejected from the Brewery in Rouse Hill..... I walked in there, had lunch with some mates from work whilst I was wearing a brown leather jacket which has an image tattoo-ed onto the back of it.

They were more than happy to allow me to patronise their business up until the manager realised that the shadowed RAAF Ensign and ANF artwork were reason enough to boot me out the door and off the premises. I was not rowdy, nor am I inked in any way. The manager just decided I was too much of a risk....... pfft.

I now make a point of avoiding such pathetically offensive places of business.

I am sick of the prejudice and ignorance that is bubbling to the surface of society these days. Have our priorities been this badly missplaced?
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #62
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

http://www.news.com.au/national/tatt...-1226345788252
Old 03-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #63
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

live fast.. play hard.. no regrets..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #64
BHDOGS
Banned

Interesting ive seen this start to be enforced around Adelaide in a few establishments and i see no problem with it i have a tattoo myself that is most visible that was my choice its not a right and its his choice not to let you shop at his business theres far to much my personal rights mean everything these days and not enough responsibility if some idiot showed up to my wedding in shorts and a tank top he'd be out the door too and if he didnt wanna be my friend after he can have a big sook with his other lady mates.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #65
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Interesting ive seen this start to be enforced around Adelaide in a few establishments and i see no problem with it i have a tattoo myself that is most visible that was my choice its not a right and its his choice not to let you shop at his business theres far to much my personal rights mean everything these days and not enough responsibility if some idiot showed up to my wedding in shorts and a tank top he'd be out the door too and if he didnt wanna be my friend after he can have a big sook with his other lady mates.

You don't need to have tattooes to be classed as a trouble maker. So this person discriminating that way will open him up to either a lawsuit or bankruptcy.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #66
bingoTE50
Steve

Had this experience two years ago after the V8's on the Gold coast.
I was with my work colleague and a customer.
We were going into a night club/strip joint and our customer got knocked back because of his sleeve tatt. The irony was ,I was 47 and felt like a child molester entering ,my colleague was 43 and of maori heritage , our customer was @ 26 clean cut. We went across the road and he spent $180 on lap dances for him self... We spent a $100 on booze....go figure..
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #67
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Added another one recently so good luck to em trying to ban me.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #68
DTFRMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Interesting ive seen this start to be enforced around Adelaide in a few establishments
Suspect that this could also be a measure to stop bikies frequenting their establishments as well.
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #69
BHDOGS
Banned

Quite correct dtfrmont certain criminal elements do deliberately adhere to stereotypes to reinforce there image as the idiots they are take away there image and there just like everybody else and no longer stand out getting the attention they crave from there childhood issues such as bikers ect.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #70
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Commenting about bikies within this thread is insinuating they're all a bunch of trouble making sods so they should be banned from everywhere.

The problem is, with all the garbage happening is, they're not patched members...They're rogue associates.

IMA, I'm not condoning what's happening as there was a shooting last week not far from my place, but the media are claiming bikies, when it's only a select few rogues.

Unfortunately, there are rogues everywhere, so grouping them under one banner of "bikies" is a little harsh, therefore anyone with a visible tattoo would be branded the same.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #71
BHDOGS
Banned

Unfortunatly that's how humans work same as hoons u look like one u are one not fair or right but blanket laws on minior groups will always affect the law abiding majority of the group there targeted against and should be expected the fight should not be against the law makers or in this case business owners as they cannot be expected to put up with something because it might affect others the fight and pressurw should be put on the fringe groups who ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #72
HLC
Audi S3

If you don't like the rules, either cover up, or don't go there.

I have a few tatts but none are visible If I'm dressing up to head out, so no skin off my nose.

People are seeming to forget that getting a tattoo is a CHOICE.

Unfortunately, with some choices come some consequences.. I stretched my ears out and now they won't shrink smaller than 6mm. Oh well, my choice, so now I'm stuck with them. I haven't had an issue with employment yet, however my next rung up the ladder will be banging on the exec's office doors and I know they will become an issue then with some of the more conservative business people. Oh well, my decision, now I have to deal with it.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #73
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
If you don't like the rules, either cover up, or don't go there.

I have a few tatts but none are visible If I'm dressing up to head out, so no skin off my nose.

People are seeming to forget that getting a tattoo is a CHOICE.

Unfortunately, with some choices come some consequences.. I stretched my ears out and now they won't shrink smaller than 6mm. Oh well, my choice, so now I'm stuck with them. I haven't had an issue with employment yet, however my next rung up the ladder will be banging on the exec's office doors and I know they will become an issue then with some of the more conservative business people. Oh well, my decision, now I have to deal with it.
Exactly. My ears are stretched too and it's something I am aware of when I seek alternative employment. This was something I thought of when I started my two sleeves, which are only halves. I did not want to go all the way down my arms until I was set up in my chosen career path.
Until such a time that I am, I will stay with half sleeves and 16mm tunnels in my ear lobe.
I also only frequent one bar/pub which has a policy too. We don't care what you look like or how you choose to dress, your money is as good as anyone else's.
There is little trouble at this club, probably far less than an establishment that has banned tattooed patrons.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post