Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #61
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Not yet anyway lol
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #62
SLO-04L
It Never Ends

this has been for sale for years, surprised it hasn't sold yet. found it a good 6-7 years ago when i was 18 and on the calaisturbo forums looking for a VL.
SLO-04L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #63
CODSASR

Is this one of those ones with his wifes magic box that makes it go faster and handle better?

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #64
RAPID_BA
Banned

so what about the buyer? Do they buy it in hope it goes up more? Do they buy it to drive and get hit for 6 when they try and sell it..

In any respect didnt brocky get the sack after installing that polarizer? Id pay $150k for a bf cobra before i bought that old shoe
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #65
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Id pay $150k for a bf cobra before i bought that old shoe
Lol...

I can understand that, i mean, who would want a genuine Bathurst Homologation spec vehicle when for the same money they could buy a sticker pack, run of the mill, B series 4 door mock up of a legendary Coupe...

Then i looked over at the User name and all was clear.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #66
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Lol...

I can understand that, i mean, who would want a genuine Bathurst Homologation spec vehicle when for the same money they could buy a sticker pack, run of the mill, B series 4 door mock up of a legendary Coupe...

What will you do when this $150k "homologation special" gets blown away at the lights by a ba xt with babyseats? Lets not put the bf cobra with an old brock commodore.

I agree its a ridiculous price, just showing how ridiculous by introducing the bf cobra into the discussion. Dont start me, noone mention the t word
Old 08-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #67
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

What 'T' wor...

Oooh that 'T' word, it does fit.
Trip trop, trip trop...

What would i do if i was blown away by an XT...couldnt tell ya, id be too busy making room in the back seat for all the chicks a mint Brock would pull
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #68
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What will you do when this $150k "homologation special" gets blown away at the lights by a ba xt with babyseats?
This

Or

This

I know what I would be doing if the bloke in the BA beat me driving the VL SS Group A. I would be laughing, because he's driving a stock 6 cylinder Falcon, and I'm driving a piece of Australian automotive history.

It's already been noted that it wasn't a ground shaker when new, so if beating one in a run of the mill, boring as hell family car is your thing, so be it. Just throwing a nice exhaust on the VL would be enough to get the girls into the back seat.

Last edited by Ryan; 08-02-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #69
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What will you do when this $150k "homologation special" gets blown away at the lights by a ba xt with babyseats? Lets not put the bf cobra with an old brock commodore.
Obviously you just don't get the whole idea of owning a true classic car.

I know that the XW I owned would probably have been blown away by a 2011 Toyota Corolla, but I also know what one I would have.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #70
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
This

Or

This

I know what I would be doing if the bloke in the BA beat me driving the VL SS Group A. I would be laughing, because he's driving a stock 6 cylinder Falcon, and I'm driving a piece of Australian automotive history.

It's already been noted that it wasn't a ground shaker when new, so if beating one in a run of the mill, boring as hell family car is your thing, so be it. Just throwing a nice exhaust on the VL would be enough to get the girls into the back seat.
For the same $150k id park my merc c63 next to the vl and lets see which seat the girls sit at...lol. The girls would be laughing at the old vl to them is worth $3000..

The ba xt owner would Also be laughing at the lights bolting away for his $8k outlay. He might get $7k next year, how sure are you the vl will fetch another $150k?

Whoever spends that sort of money on a vl is gotta be the sucker of the year, even brocks wife wouldnt buy it at that price
Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #71
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
For the same $150k id park my merc c63 next to the vl and lets see which seat the girls sit at...lol. The girls would be laughing at the old vl to them is worth $3000..

The ba xt owner would Also be laughing at the lights bolting away for his $8k outlay. He might get $7k next year, how sure are you the vl will fetch another $150k?

Whoever spends that sort of money on a vl is gotta be the sucker of the year, even brocks wife wouldnt buy it at that price
OK then.

As a member of AFF you are entitled to your opinion and i respect that wholeheartedly
Old 08-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #72
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Didn't you say you would rather spend 150k on a BF Cobra? Who's the sucker now? You could buy a BF XR8 for less, and still have plenty of coin left over to blow the Cobra into the weeds.

Atleast the VL has racing history, and heritage. I didn't get a chance to answer your question, but no the VL SS Group A wasn't the car that got Brock sacked by Holden. The cracks definitely started to from between Brock, and Holden, but it was the VL Director that ended the partnership in 1987 after Holden told Brock not to release the car.

All of the information is in the 25 years of HDT DVD.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #73
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Ryan...
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #74
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
There needs to be a "negative" reputation option for mindless dribble like this!

Notice: People are intitled to opinon...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #75
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

What i don't get is the redundant, IQ diminished argument of

"You can buy #### car at %%%% price and it will be faster!"

It's not relevant! GT's may as well be worthless using that arseabout theory.

Brock commodores have got a following, and certain models/variations are going to bring in prices.

Alot of what i see here is one-eyed commodore bashing...shamefull even if we are true Ford fans.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #76
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
What 'T' wor...

Oooh that 'T' word, it does fit.
Trip trop, trip trop...

What would i do if i was blown away by an XT...couldnt tell ya, id be too busy making room in the back seat for all the chicks a mint Brock would pull
What kind of girl would a VL attract, Shazza from Broadmeadows who has 5 kids by the time she's 20
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #77
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
What kind of girl would a VL attract, Shazza from Broadmeadows who has 5 kids by the time she's 20
Haha I was thinking the same thing.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #78
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
OK then.

As a member of AFF you are entitled to your opinion and i respect that wholeheartedly
I respect your opinion also...

My uncle bought a vl grp a brock brand new, kept it in garage, hardly drove it. About 15 years ago he tried to sell it to me for $20k, i told him to bugger off back then.... Another 15 years depreciation has past and now people want $150k?
Old 08-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #79
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
What's the relevance???? Why do people compare cars from different decades as some kind of reason to diminish value??
Steady on there. Just asking a question about the stats....No intention to diminish the value of the car!!! Believe it or not,my post will not have any bearing on the value of the car!

Since when is it such a terrible crime to compare cars from different decades. Next you will be preaching that it is unforgiveable to compare cars that are different models, makes, etc.

It is interesting that recently you have been comparing the SC GT's with the 5.4 Boss GT's. Why do you insist on comparing these cars when they clearly have different engines. Are you trying to diminish the value of the previous model?

Maybe you need to take a break from the AFF site, 4VMan. With over 13,000 posts on your count, it appears that any grip on reality was lost by you some time ago. Perhaps you have a strong grip on yourself.......
PHATXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #80
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
You have totally missed the point

This isnt about what car is fastest, best handling or bang for your buck type of exercise

This is about one of Australias greatest touring car drivers and the fine vehicles he released through HDT during the 80s

I couldnt give two hoots about some 4wd twin turbo Nissan that when tuned gives out 1000kw through all four wheels

Matter of fact, i wouldnt even turn my head when it goes past me in the street......

A nice clean HDT vehcile will do that every time. Because i respect the fact that it is Aussie made.
no point missed on my end, don't get me wrong it's amazing that it has no km's for the age! but that's as far as that car impresses me PERSONALLY! To me that car is just like any other bucket I see racing in cup races! As i don't normally have the same views as HULK but he is right on the money with this one! C63 or GTR and merc and Nissan have racing heritage aswell! But this is my own personal view!
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #81
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

But this thread isn't what's the best car for 150k or what you would buy for 150k! It's amazing that the owner has kept it with no km's, is it good for the engine just to sit around doing nothing?
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #82
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan

$150,000 thanks.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #83
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
I couldnt give two hoots about some 4wd twin turbo Nissan that when tuned gives out 1000kw through all four wheels

Matter of fact, i wouldnt even turn my head when it goes past me in the street......
It would turn my head George, the "DOOF DOOF" belting out from the stereo would tip me over the edge
XYLINC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #84
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo

$150,000 thanks.
Do you accept cheque?
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #85
RAPID_BA
Banned

The one problem the owner of this vl dont get is that how many of the old long haired hillbillys on the mountain, that workship brock commodores, prime candidates for such a car, would they Have a spare $150k under their mattress?

Didnt holden catch all those people out with the w427?

Last edited by RAPID_BA; 08-02-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 PM   #86
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be honest, Id be one of those c0cks that would store a car like this without driving it. But only if I had the money, space and another car/cars that would take my interest off driving it.
Its like a real life Matchbox car and I think its like a super attractive woman in a bikini - the thought of taking it for a ride would be insatiable hence its an imagination thing.... that make sence?

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #87
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Do you accept cheque?
Bank cheques, yes.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #88
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I respect your opinion also...

My uncle bought a vl grp a brock brand new, kept it in garage, hardly drove it. About 15 years ago he tried to sell it to me for $20k, i told him to bugger off back then.... Another 15 years depreciation has past and now people want $150k?
bet your kicking yourself now hey

back on the VL with 30ks....
i reckon that that dash has been messed with..
the digits dont line up like they should...its been wound back.

not saying its not a low k car but its not 30ks low
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #89
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lol...

On the contrary, for once I agree with Hulk..
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #90
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Damn straight...!

But you gotta look at the positives, atleast the sound of the carby fed 4.9l would drown out the whine from the noisy kids