Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #61
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Mate there is still an assload of fully optioned ones in stock!
budget didnt stretch that far ... building a house, so it was a choice of xenons, or nice tapware :/
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #62
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
60 grand for a vw golf. unbelievable...
I dont think so, you get a lot for 60k compared to a 60k Aussie car

Well done Dan, when i first seen these i wasnt a fan but they have grown on me. I really do like them, ALOT. Congrats with the purchase, IMO you got a better car the the Golf R anyway
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #63
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
I dont think so, you get a lot for 60k compared to a 60k Aussie car

Well done Dan, when i first seen these i wasnt a fan but they have grown on me. I really do like them, ALOT. Congrats with the purchase, IMO you got a better car the the Golf R anyway
Thanks man, yeah everyones saying the same thing. I was watching heaps of reviews on the youtube, and I know I made the right decision

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #64
Danny
GT4.

Actually, Dave289 you know what is unbelievable? over $80k for a GT-E when It doesn't even have so much as a lousy ride control system, or even basic projector headlights... Forget Xenons..
Old 26-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #65
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Actually, Dave289 you know what is unbelievable? over $80k for a GT-E when It doesn't even have so much as a lousy ride control system, or even basic projector headlights... Forget Xenons..

Hey Danny If it had those things for under the $80k mark would you have got the GT-E over the car you got

more an inquiry rather than a bag out

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #66
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

^^I cant imagine so, I mean he already has two I6T's to play with so smart money would be getting something with a completely different feel, experience, style etc.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #67
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
60 grand for a vw golf. unbelievable...
My $56k Golf was the best car I've ever owned and worth every single cent.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #68
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
^^I cant imagine so, I mean he already has two I6T's to play with so smart money would be getting something with a completely different feel, experience, style etc.

Exactly right, that is how it was for me. I used to have a GT and a SP and really it was just driving two different versions of the same car, no variety.

Now I have the Typhoon and the Mini, two totally different cars with different experiences but both totally intoxicating, love it. I absolutely see the logic behind Dan's decision, it makes perfect sense.
Old 27-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #69
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
Hey Danny If it had those things for under the $80k mark would you have got the GT-E over the car you got

more an inquiry rather than a bag out

Jason
Nope, because while 50k might be a lot to some on a hatch, for me, 80k is definitely where I draw the line for a Falcon. At that price, you really need to begin to scrutinise just what equipment they come with compared to other cars on the market at a similar price or cheaper with similar performance. And it's at this end of the market the GT-E with it's XT headlights, lack of any sort or MRC and basically the same interior as an xr6 with a lux and tech pack, that you begin to question the $80+ ask even if the drivetrain is brilliant..

GeckoGT again you mirror my sentiments, Jason besides, I already have 2 I6 turbo's which I like for their civility, smoothness and power for work. Hot hatches are A vice for me, my drug for those times where I want to really drive a car, a car that is as close to a mini race car, that gives you the sort of exhiliration that the FPV can only give you in a straight line..
Old 27-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #70
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Why is it on these threads we constantly have to tolerate anti sport hatch comments? I bet if I jumped on here and said I think F series are a waste of time and money as well as only for those that have an inferiority complex (not what I actually think, just an example of my point), I would be shouted down pretty quick. Yet people that appreciate smaller performance cars constantly have to put up with these attitudes, regardless of if they are relevant to the topic or not.
Thank you sir! Rep for you.

And Danny, excellent choice - I'm bloody jealous!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #71
sanchoXB

I don't know which dealers are asking over $70k for an RS Focus. The retail price is $65k including taxes and as there are a few still unsold they should be discounting them soon. There is one in Armidale, northern NSW you would buy for under $65k. There was also one in Inverell not long back and one somewhere near Orange. I haven't driven the Renault but I have driven the RS and it's scary.
sanchoXB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #72
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Actually there has been a Focus RS on ebay for ages at $58k..im sure if you plonked mid $50's on his desk he would fold.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #73
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Actually there has been a Focus RS on ebay for ages at $58k..im sure if you plonked mid $50's on his desk he would fold.
All respect ro you polyal, but I wouldn't go for the RS based on the many reviews point in favor of the Renault. And the fact that the RS shape is now a generation old (or soon to be).
Old 27-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #74
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
All respect ro you polyal, but I wouldn't go for the RS based on the many reviews point in favor of the Renault. And the fact that the RS shape is now a generation old (or soon to be).
Yep. RS250 is a shibby piece of gear. The cup trophee just gives it more appeal and has the same features as the Focus RS, all for 50 odd grand. CHEAP.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #75
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Hey both cars are weapons, I think the Renault is probably more rounded were the Focus is more hardcore.

The only reason the Focus holds its RRP is because of the numbers, im assuming the Megane is fulltime ongoing?

A RS only pops up every 5 odd years or so; give or take a couple. Id happily own either.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #76
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Hey both cars are weapons, I think the Renault is probably more rounded were the Focus is more hardcore.

The only reason the Focus holds its RRP is because of the numbers, im assuming the Megane is fulltime ongoing?

A RS only pops up every 5 odd years or so; give or take a couple. Id happily own either.
Absolutely,

Saw a green RS Focus on the roads today, its the second one i've seen all week. Have only seen 1 Meg RS on the road before! see yeah the Meg is standard full time production, but as is stock with renault, they ain't the most popular auto, so are rarely seen anyway. They have no idea how to market...

George you're correct. For $50K I honestly believe the combo of comfort, power, standard features and hangling is just unsurpassed.
Old 28-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #77
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
What about just not being interested in that style of car? But just because I'm not interested in riced-up girly cars, doesn't mean I am wrong for not liking them, any car can be made to go fast, irrespective of its size. The biggest killer for me, though...the prices quoted on here. $50k+ what the??? It just confirms that you don't get much car for the money either. So I like them even less now. Call it "never driven one," "willy size," anything you want to defend what you like.....
Mustang 5.0 or hatchback? Hmmmm....
In that case just say "nice car but not for me". No need to go bagging out someone elses choices just becyou couldn't see yourself in one, and inferring that their choice is a hairdressers car, or a girly car, just because they aren't to your taste. Different strokes for different folks, but no need to hang **** on someone because they choose something different.

As for the hatchback vs Mustang, I can appreciate both and wouldn't count either out until I drove them. Rather keep an opened mind! know what would be more fun though.
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #78
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

A bit off topic but the answer has been found and problem is solved so why not?

Damn you Danny.

I was all happy with Tori all keen to get Mini Countryman this year when the Mini is up for replacement, until you bought my attention to the Megane RS Trophee. Now I have been reading reviews about it and comparisons with other hot hatches and now I want one. It has been reviewing so well, some even rate it higher than the Focus RS and those that don't say there is not a lot in it, not enough to justify the price difference.

Now I have to try and convince Tori she wants one too, damn you!
Old 29-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #79
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
A bit off topic but the answer has been found and problem is solved so why not?

Damn you Danny.

I was all happy with Tori all keen to get Mini Countryman this year when the Mini is up for replacement, until you bought my attention to the Megane RS Trophee. Now I have been reading reviews about it and comparisons with other hot hatches and now I want one. It has been reviewing so well, some even rate it higher than the Focus RS and those that don't say there is not a lot in it, not enough to justify the price difference.

Now I have to try and convince Tori she wants one too, damn you!
Ahh! Hahaha that's great Gecko! Well I'm sure when she sees one she will love it, no doubt in my mind you will love it too. You've read how they go and handle, and they look the part and quirky as well so Tori should be all over it if she loves Mini's

I'm telling you mate, take one for a spin with her. I was sold within 10 minutes, I really think this car would tick both your boxes
Old 10-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #80
Danny
GT4.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Well I finally picked her up on monday and have been enjoying the drive. Some quick happy snaps of her here for those interested in the Meg 250

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...78#post3567078

-Danny