Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #61
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

The EU referencing simply evolves into UNECE (United Nations) regulation - for eventual adoption worldwide, similar manner as the UNECE global technical regulations for motor vehicles.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #62
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Anyone here tried finding a decent tyre in 165/70/13? They don't exist. Its hard enough trying to find these in the first place, let alone good ones, Mum has some Maxxis tyres on her car and they are horrible, she can spin one of the wheels on take off no troubles in her WF Festiva.

The only good thing about them is that they don't seem to wear very much, thats about it.

http://www.bobjane.com.au/tyreset-de...h5l1f77pg7lpf1

Thats them there, and they suck.
Next time you are buying, go up to a 14inch rim. The 'correct' tyre is a 175/60R14 but these are not common and are sold at a premium.

Using a 175/65R14 will give you a plethora of options regarding brand and tread and only be 4% out.

You can also use a 185/60R14 tyre and be 3% out.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #63
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously, what a pile of crap. The last thing we need are more arbitrary regulations concocted by a bunch of fart sniffing bureaucrats in Brussels.
People should be free to buy cheap crap if they so choose. They may be harsh, noisy, and have a little less grip, but fitting new cheap tyres has got to be better than hanging on to bald or damaged tyres because you can’t afford to replace them.
I would also make the point that on many roads in Australia, European standards will have no relevance.

What’s next? We ban Korean cars?
Old 09-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #64
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

The fart sniffers didn't create the Specification, experts from the world community did, from EU to Japan to USA in 'working parties', their efforts then become a Global Technical Regulation, that states parties enter into contract with.

An incorrectly called 'European tyre' will work here as well as it would anywhere else in the world, if it's for the designated purpose. You also get greater consumer information on the sidewall, than say something complying with the dumbed down Aussie regs as they stand.

It'd also force replacement tyres to match or exceed a cars top speed potential.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the EU would dissolve, things were more harmonious under the nation states than this central bolshie system!
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:23 AM   #65
CODSASR

I currently have $99 per corner westlakes on my EF and so far have more grip and life the the $200 per corner pirelli's I had previously but since they where only $99 per corner does this mean my car is unsafe....................I think not!!!!!!

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Next time you are buying, go up to a 14inch rim. The 'correct' tyre is a 175/60R14 but these are not common and are sold at a premium.

Using a 175/65R14 will give you a plethora of options regarding brand and tread and only be 4% out.

You can also use a 185/60R14 tyre and be 3% out.
Her car has 13" steelies though, 14" tyre wont fit will it?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #67
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Her car has 13" steelies though, 14" tyre wont fit will it?
Yes. This is why I said you go up to 14's. Festiva were optioned with 14inch wheels so you won't have any issues regarding legalities.

Just do it at the next tyre change. keep the best 13inch for a spare.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post