Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Smile Does your badge make you smile?

Hi guys,

I went for a small drive last night as my car is going into the work shop probably this week and I won’t get it back for 2 months or so, so I want to have my last few drives before she leaves me.

I pulled over at a Hungary Jacks to have a smoke (don’t smoke in the car) and after a few minutes found myself in a long daze staring at my XR8 badge with the strangest smile. I think if people saw me at that moment no doubt they would of been concerned. My point is I’ve owned a few nice cars in my time some fairly newer then this EL XR, but I’ve always had such a love for this series that no matter what car I was in, I’ve always stop & stare at these models.

Ive suggested to my mates that after the project is complete that I want to have this as my wedding car and they laughed at the thought saying, "It’s an $8,000 car Jase"....... Which I know is true, and Im not deny that fact. But the way people love XY GT's, old HQ's and even motor bikes, this is my love to me, this is my XY GT ....

So to my question, has any got this same churning feeling deep down in the pit of their stomach when they think about their ride, there face lights up in just mere satisfaction???

Sorry for the long post....

Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post