Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #61
Shounak

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford
^^
Ah yes, the famous Czech video! Yes its stupid driving, but note how alert other drivers are - obviously watching their RV mirrors which doesn't happen in Australia, and also notable lack of Camrys in outside lane 10kph below limit. Also the 'code of conduct' - at one stage someone wants to pass him and even though he's going flat out himself he still moves over to let them have a go. In Australia the response would be aggressive blocking action, indeed one driver tries that (Australian tourist?) and see the comment and response! If the idiot central character and his car was removed from the film it could have the makings of a good instructional video on appropriate road behaviours.
Spot on. I've done plenty of O/S driving and the thing that stands out is the ego every Australian driver has.

If someone comes screaming up behind me, it's simply because they want to go faster than me, not because my tool is small (which it isn't btw, ask my gf).

Drivers here tend to jam on the anchors when you come up behind them and do all they can to stop you from passing. No-one seems to respect the sanctity of the overtaking lane.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #62
Cruise

i have never driven over a sea, whats it like?
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 11:35 PM   #63
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Control
i have never driven over a sea, whats it like?
Not bad actually, and very economical. I got more than 1500 km on a tank of petrol in my Territory when I went to Tassie from Sydney on the 'Spirit of Tasmania' :
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post