Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #61
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_frmnt
Are you kidding me? It's marginally better at best.

As usual the issue here is that some people can't stand seeing other people have a good time. There's a giant red button on your tv remote that makes bad things on tv go away. People need to stop interfering with others and watching out for the 'morality' of the general public, or anyone other than themselves for that matter.
Am I seeing things, or did you really just write that? We have gone so low in this world, that we no longer care about others? Obvisiously "the chasers" have with the bad taste (un)comdey they come up with that yes is funny to some people, but the people they decide to take the Pi$$ out of.

You'd be fairly peeved off too if some TV Show came up to your car (that you spend hours on making look good and go nice), then just started talking about how crap it is, or how slow it may be, all for the comdey of the viewers.

Scrubs and Comdey Inc. can make m laugh more in 30mins then this show can in the whole 5 episodes i've watched. Of which are the ones that are talked about in this topic.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #62
irlewy86
Meep Meep

hahahhahaha I loved Frontline.

And for all the Chaser haters out there...

Have a nice big mug of "harden the **** up" and get over it. Haven't we lost enough in this country because of political correctness.
Old 19-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #63
BTTB
Free XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAxtER
then apologies to all for wasting your time

The only time you've wasted is your own... watching ACA
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #64
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
Yeah ACA is pretty ordinary
If ACA had not made this a big issue then this thread would not of existed

Just like we are all Hoons who have modified cars

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #65
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Stan Zemanick - Womanizing pig.. Also left his first wife after a long affair

Peter Brock - Left his wife and family for a young piece of ***

Don Bradman - Cranky old bastard selector during the AB days.. created a lot of enemies and rifts through Australian Cricket..

Kerry Packer - need I go on??

So many people have been blinded of their faults after they have died?? I mean, its more of a genious philosophy rather than rude, and disrespectful....

Do you want to know the funniest thing about it?? Is that Tracey Grimshaw(host of ACA) practically knows she will be a main story in the next chasers episode... How would you feel reading the story on the chasers...

Times are changing.. More valuable information in comedy rather than ACA - TT
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #66
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

meh its pretty simple, dont like it? dont watch it. all the coverage they have gotten from the media just increases their popularity.. so really the media are just making it worse
Old 19-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #67
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremmen
The late show, d generation and Frontline were way better than the chaser.

Frontline is the best ****take of current affairs out there. Get a copy - classic stuff.

Yes your right, they are. Unfortunatly these shows ended.

And I agree with you 100% that frontline is the best ****take of these a current affairs.

But Frontline and the "what have we learnt from a current affairs this week" from the chasers do a good job of highlighting how low and sneaky these so called investigavite journalists are.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #68
HOON69
Banned

disrespecting dead legends isnt cool

what they did today to howard
priceless. :
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #69
photn
AFF Post NAZI

This is why i have essentially stoped watching the news. It just irritates and aggraveates people and heated discussions are the only thing they result in.

Only tend to watch Bionic Woman, Simpson, Futurama, Hero's and most Sci- Fi.

Easy way to not get upset. though i do read the papers to make sure that im up to date with the stuff. but only read the headlines not the story.

:P

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #70
carnutt

? ? What's "Chasers , ACA , TT" ?

Watch the " Local News / Weather " then TV1 , Discovery , National Geo , History Channel , Car races on Fox & Movies .

Things like Rides , American Hotrod etc. Pick up some good ideas if I've got to do any Upholstery ( Gabe does some fantastic work ) , repairs and so on , on MY car . Entertaining & Educational at the same time .

No trouble with "Crapola" here .

Carnutt

Oi , Watch it . Or I'll Rip Your BLUDDY Arm's Orf
carnutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 03:20 PM   #71
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutt
? ? What's "Chasers , ACA , TT" ?

Watch the " Local News / Weather " then TV1 , Discovery , National Geo , History Channel , Car races on Fox & Movies .

Things like Rides , American Hotrod etc. Pick up some good ideas if I've got to do any Upholstery ( Gabe does some fantastic work ) , repairs and so on , on MY car . Entertaining & Educational at the same time .

No trouble with "Crapola" here .

Carnutt
And waste $106 a month and get locked into dead end contracts... ill be right.

Pay TV = Repeat TV, plus sky news is worse. THey have to fill in 24 hours of the crap, where at least Free to air news only has half an hour to an hour to spill their useless BS.
- XB Coupe Project
Old 19-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #72
Bax
Projecting

Yeah Pay tv is handy.. But definitely not worth the money.

Just curious, has anyone ever written to TT or ACA to tell them to broadcast some real news, bring back the days of when it used to be interesting. At least 60 minutes is still doing real journalism.

If there was an email address I'd write too it. But I haven't looked.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #73
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax
Yeah Pay tv is handy.. But definitely not worth the money.

Just curious, has anyone ever written to TT or ACA to tell them to broadcast some real news, bring back the days of when it used to be interesting. At least 60 minutes is still doing real journalism.

If there was an email address I'd write too it. But I haven't looked.

Remember the days when Angry Anderson used to go around helping unfortunate people??? THAT WAS CURRENT AFFAIRS....
- XB Coupe Project
Old 19-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #74
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Chasers used to be good but now have turned to just shock and awe comedy and in my opinion is completely in bad taste and I hope their show ends up in the toilet.
Old 19-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #75
Bax
Projecting

Since when haven't they been shock and awe?
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #76
bingoTE50
Steve

Not my cup of tea , making fun of the dead. Their families still remain behind and deal with their loss every day , and these clowns make fun of them , thats bullshit.

What would you do if someone bagged your lost brother,sister,mum,dad , laugh with them ? You would not be a happy camper !
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #77
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

A lot are taking it seriously - it was just a joke. All they were doing was an exaggeration. Listen - if they were still alive, would anyone give a crap if they were paid out on TWICE as much. No. This is what the song was talking about - it was a more of an example than a statement. That said, the song wasn't particularly funny, and they shouldn't have run the risk of airing it.

: If only I were old enough :
FordFella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #78
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTDEF

Don Bradman - Cranky old bastard selector during the AB days.. created a lot of enemies and rifts through Australian Cricket..

So many people have been blinded of their faults after they have died?? I mean, its more of a genious philosophy rather than rude, and disrespectful....

Do you want to know the funniest thing about it?? Is that Tracey Grimshaw(host of ACA) practically knows she will be a main story in the next chasers episode... How would you feel reading the story on the chasers...

you are kidding....
You knew them personally ????

Read it in womans day did you !!!

That would be factual !! :
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #79
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Just remember that they aren't alive to defend themselves, their reputations and sue the chaser for everything they're worth.

Stan Zemanick was indeed a womanizing pig, but was prepared to say what other people thought at the risk of being controversial and potentially sued. But he had the balls to say it and did.

Peter Brock well what he does in his private life is his business, his wife wasn't exactly a prize bride either.

Don Bradman was a great (the best batsman) cricketer and person in general. The rifts in AC that he was part of, well his opinion and prospective was more valued more than most, after all he was literally better than them.

Kerry Packer - Self Made Man, took a risk and it payed dividends. Sure his son is a moocher (leach) but even he had to earn his stripes.

Just cashing in on other peoples misfortune, Just like ACA and TT.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #80
kabbart
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodfloyd
UM, wait a minute. weren't you his ex wife???
No she's not. They were never even married. She changed her name.

I don't get the fuss over it all. Yes they said some things about people, but everyone was saying those things about them before they died. What's the difference? Alive to defend themselves, gimme a break. When people were slagging them off at pubs, work or in their homes were they around to defend themselves? Of course not.

Who had actually heard of Belinda Emmett before she dropped off the pearch? She's protrayed as being some sort of hero for fighting cancer. Millions of people do it every day, why are they any different from some random soapie star who can't sing?

As for Steve Irwin, wasn't he a giant embarrassment to Australia before he died? What changed?

The Chaser made a perfectly valid point. And good on them for doing it. Considering everyone reckons Stan Zemanick was such a great bloke for speaking his mind (though most people thought he was a complete w***** before he died), why is The Chaser getting attacked so much? It's meant to be a free country afterall.

And god am I sick of the "it's my 8 cents a day" rubbish.
kabbart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #81
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ACA and TT P*ss me off big time cos every story to do with roads or cars they wheel out Scrubby.

They need to be bombarded with emails letting them know what a lunatic he is.

But yeah.
Was a funny song and quite true.

Last edited by MethodX; 19-10-2007 at 08:55 PM.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 08:47 PM   #82
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

If you look beyond the names and what was said about them, and just realise that the message they were getting across was that when u die, u become a good bloke.
Do U honestly believe they care what u think? this is the new breed of comedy, it'll be around for along time to come, if you don't like it, turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!!
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #83
redranga

Chris Taylor was on Triple J this afternoon. The ABC only recieved three complaints about the song on Thursday Morning.

On Thursday a talkback show started beating up the song up and then the rest of the media got on the bandwagon and the people that didnt watch the show are the ones that are complaining.
redranga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #84
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya
this is the new breed of comedy, it'll be around for along time to come, if you don't like it, turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have to agree there, I think comedians are saying now "screw political correctness". Rohnnie Johns did it to an extent and other shows are doing it too, the Chasers are taking it further
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #85
XR8Master

There are many other country's you can go that will sensor your mail, tv and people who talk out loud, your welcome to go.

For the meantime Australia is a democracy
XR8Master is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #86
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like I said on another forum, I found it funny as :

The news and shows like TT/ACA just give them free publicity and the Chasers are probably laughing about it too. I reckon they would have had quite a few viewers the next episode after their APEC stunt.

Media Watch on ABC does a great job a pointing out how pathetic shows like TT/ACA are. Almost a comedy in itself :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #87
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Like I said on another forum, I found it funny as :

The news and shows like TT/ACA just give them free publicity and the Chasers are probably laughing about it too. I reckon they would have had quite a few viewers the next episode after their APEC stunt.

Media Watch on ABC does a great job a pointing out how pathetic shows like TT/ACA are. Almost a comedy in itself :
Same here, anyone who didn't find that funny obviously has no sense of humour.

Its just like Eminem laughing at all the people protesting about his music, all it did was promote his stuff and sales soared. Who's the fools.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 11:01 PM   #88
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well this obviously appeals mainly to the really younger generation, probably because they still laugh at farts and childish pranks.
Yep I have a sense of humour, John Cleese and that sort of stuff, (A fish called wanda comes to mind) thats funny and The Glass House, Comedy Festival.
These guys aren't comedians in the true sense, they're just shock merchants and try and think of the most bizzare brainless idiotic prank they can. They wouldn't last 5 seconds in a stand up comedy skitt, it's just toilet humour.
As your (young Ford fans)hero Craig Lowndes said on the news tonight " Theres a fine line and if you cross that line you have to back up".
Yeah yeah I know I can turn over the channel, thing is I don't watch it, i don't have to, it gets shown on the news and in the paper.
If you think their latest effort is funny maybe they should do one on people with disabilitys, I mean why not, they apparently don't have any boundaries. Would that be funny? No I didn't think so.
Old 19-10-2007, 11:37 PM   #89
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if Cochrane told the drivers to complain.

Wouldnt suprise me.

Last edited by MethodX; 19-10-2007 at 11:45 PM.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #90
carnutt

Quote:
And waste $106 a month and get locked into dead end contracts... ill be right.
Pay TV = Repeat TV, plus sky news is worse [Would have to agree with you there ]. They have to fill in 24 hours of the crap, where at least Free to air news only has half an hour to an hour to spill their useless BS.
Naa , Nothing like that cost . I've had it on for years . We Paid $49 to get connected (contract lasted for 1 month at that time), and that covered the first month (pay monthly in advance) , when Digital came in , we didn't take up the "Offer" & don't have "Deluxe Service" . "33" channels for $70 a month , is cheap entertainment , we don't go out much , maybe once every 2-3 months . The "Front" TV would spend 70-80% of the time on Pay , "Back" TV is FTA most of the time (but switchable to Pay) . Packages start at $36 a month , then you "Mix & Match" what you want . :

We have No contract now , the "1 month "contract" ran out about 6 years ago , just ring them before the next month's payment is due & say we don't want it anymore if we want it cancelled .

We also watch the music channels ( kids "v" & Max , me , Max & CMC ) The kids watch the Comedy channel , Comedy Inc The late Shift etc . as well as the other kids channels .

Talking to Mum a few weeks ago & Ch 9/Win had "the same progrm" on 3 nights in a row at different times , so they repeat as well and the TV program never matches what's on .

I don't sleep real well , have you watched FTA at 3-4am (yuk) great if you want to watch "The Sullivans" , "Late night Quizz shows" and the like or Info-mercials . (some of the girls are cool though)

"Austar Satellite" is well worth it in our situation . If we don't want to watch ACA, TT, 60 Minutes (15 mins of Ads & 45 Mins of BS) or anything else there's 36 others to watch . :

Carnutt

Oi , Watch it . Or I'll Rip Your BLUDDY Arm's Orf
carnutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post